The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
If we want scudetto, we seriously need player like Faivre (ideally it will be exactly him) because otherwise we will be in a trouble. With all honesty, our attacking options are average af and every position besides LW must be upgraded.

Ffs Messias came here only to have personalized trainings, it feels that it's stupid to rely on him because his body can't handle Milan trainings. The rest of them are just not good enough.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Regarding Mourinho...

Just before the season started, Galliani said that it was a genius move from Roma to hire him. Imagine him still being in charge here :shrugs:

vendetta27

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bierhoff, Kaka', Tonali

I don't know about you guys, but seeing these saves from our 3 backup players that keeps on improving is making me proud!! 🥲

Combine with yesterday tifo from Curva Sud, how can you not being grateful for being fans of this very special team🤗

Scudetto we can!!

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Isn't Julian Alvarez simply the perfect investment in January?

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT

6 pens against us already, unreal lol

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. Risk vs reward i think Maldini should send 20mil to River. Interesting player, somehow Milan had more luck with brasilians.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Yet we're at 10-2-0.

Yes we are but we're talking about only 12 games and we're still in November. We also had great start last season but we almost missed top 4 in the last game due to poor form and injuries.

This is the year where I think that scudetto is more than realistic scenario for us... but we need reinforcements and more quality options in attacking area. Players like Messias, Krunic, Maldini, Saele etc are just not good enough for that (some as starters, some as first backups).

Obviously, it seems that they might be enough for another top 4 placement. But I need more this time. 👁️👄👁️

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding Mourinho...

Just before the season started, Galliani said that it was a genius move from Roma to hire him. Imagine him still being in charge here :shrugs:
Clearly Galliani isn’t a Roma fan and appointing him has been good for us.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I'm not sold on FBT yet, but I'm also not ready to throw him into the bin already. Consistency is key.

Tata was mocked by many when Maignan got injured. He first looked unreliable af, but by now thanks to consistent playtime he has won me over as reliable number two.

Same goes for Krunic. Or Dalot last season. Even Diaz. Or Bakayoko two years ago. Some need a good chunk of minutes before they can express themselves.

I agree that players need consistency. Especially in a new league. However, I don't think that Ballo has what it takes. He makes a lot of basic defensive errors and it would take a lot of work to guide him into the right direction. I see him as a wingback in a 3-5-2 formation.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
They already gave me an appetite for Faivre.
And I don’t hear Faivre linked with anybody else. While Alvarez seems to rhyme with bidding war…something Maldini seems to never want to participate in.

But even if we go for Faivre (or any other) in January, I can see it being just like Adli, stay there until the rest of the season.

The reality is there is no urgency there. Messias was brought in for that… unfortunately he’s been unavailable so far but he is not dead. He’s Coming back this week, and unless there is another (bad) development on his health until January I don’t see them bringing anybody in. I think he’ll perform.

Also we’ll probably be out of Europe altogether.

My 2 cents

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is what i call Nocerino-Muntari syndrome*. Tons of talented players are available at quite affordable prices, but some delude themself into thinking we can sell a Krunic for 15m.

Yeah, average players can do good in functioning teams, that's why midtable teams with great chemistry can be scary af. It's ok having a few, but that doesn't mean anyone would pay that sum for Krunic. Krunic-level teams will find their own Krunic-type for much cheaper.

*I have memories of people saying something like "oh yeah, we can sell Muntari, Nocerino and Poli for 5m each and buy a great talent for 15m".

This is very different though

The others were actual rejects or flops, Rade did well in Serie A previously and is the top performer of his NT

I'd say this is closer to Tonali and the patience w him :)

Krunic could score 10 goals from midfield in a well functioning Serie A team n could be a starter for the Fiorentinas. Not 15m tho, more like 10-12 bonuses included. Hes staying tho

Its not weird for clubs that arent broke to look at players who are performing well in well performing clubs. Prices are easily inflatable in football, dont compare this to the absolute free agent high wage stock pile of shit that the names you mentioned were. Not everyone approaches the transfer market with that mentality

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I'm not sold on FBT yet, but I'm also not ready to throw him into the bin already. Consistency is key.

Tata was mocked by many when Maignan got injured. He first looked unreliable af, but by now thanks to consistent playtime he has won me over as reliable number two.

Same goes for Krunic. Or Dalot last season. Even Diaz. Or Bakayoko two years ago. Some need a good chunk of minutes before they can express themselves.
Even Kalulu at the beginning looked just as bad but a few months later I was so sold on him I couldnt understand the Florenzi purchase.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
I don't know, maybe he's looking for someone who can also defend. Theo is great but for his age he's still a pretty naive defender.
If LB is our only position we can improve, sure. But we've got many homework started with elite-level RW. Even CB (position where Maldini played often too) is not got the same treatment as LB 🤣

Btw, I write this as a joke to tease Maldini, not because i hate the way he work or something. I mean, like someone said already, "how can someone not loving Milan?"

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Even Kalulu at the beginning looked just as bad but a few months later I was so sold on him I couldnt understand the Florenzi purchase.
We're on the same train on Florenzi signing. But as the season goes on, I think I begin to understand that Florenzi has double backup role, as RB and as RW. So in case Messi need to take AM role, Saele still got decent backup on him (I assume management started this season with Casti is gone already on their mind)

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
I don't know, maybe he's looking for someone who can also defend. Theo is great but for his age he's still a pretty naive defender.

May also sell Theo in the future. Prepare for all eventualities.

Saladin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If we go (and we should) get Faivre, then with Adli + Giroud + Baka + Theo + Big Mike + Kalulu... then are we a Frenchy team ala Arsenal once upon a time?! :lol: Although not sure they all will play at the same time. But who knows :unsure:

Even if Isma plays for Algeria, I think he got a french passport, so we can add him too.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
As much as I love Ibra and as much as Giroud was a sensible transfer from an economical standpoint, we can take a big leap in overall quality with a young, fast and technical striker. Zlatan and Giroud offer us the same kind of tactical options, even though Zlatan is much better at holding up play. We don't have an alternative game plan. Rebic showed what a different kind of player can offer us, but at the moment we need him to mainly rotate with Leao. In my opinion one of Zlatan and Giroud will be enough next season.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Yet we're at 10-2-0.
Still can't believe how insane that is when you think about it. We're on course to 102 points, equaling Ladris no competition league season of 13/14. Lets hope we continue like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule