The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Ah yes, trademark the name "milan" with blue text and a bird logo which is too similar to our logo and name. Hmm. :lol::lol:

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Even before covid. 35 m for unknown is a lit of money 🤣
Unknown sure - but folks already claiming he is a generational talent. Which one is it?

Also, Roma paying 40m for Tammy Abraham. Aston Villa paid more than that for two different players. There is money at plenty of clubs, especially EPL/bundesliga/oligarch/oil clubs

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Unknown sure - but folks already claiming he is a generational talent. Which one is it?

Also, Roma paying 40m for Tammy Abraham. Aston Villa paid more than that for two different players. There is money at plenty of clubs, especially EPL/bundesliga/oligarch/oil clubs
And how does tammy look in Italy? I bet roma feel robbed right about now

PL clubs can afford him sure

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
And how does tammy look in Italy? I bet roma feel robbed right about now

PL clubs can afford him sure
i mean he started pretty well but fallen off lately..id like to see him under a competent manager, the talent is surely there but..40 mil? I dunno man, I feel like Roma overpaid him

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Neither is a big amount these days if this guy is really the top prospect in South America. Surely someone would be interested besides Milan and Fiorentina

Do we really expect Milan to invest such a sum for a SA talent in January? Would Elliott green light another potential Paqueta :unsure:

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do we really expect Milan to invest such a sum for a SA talent in January? Would Elliott green light another potential Paqueta :unsure:
I think Milan can pay 20 or maybe 25 if they are absolutely convinced. More than that is too much for us IMO (but not necessarily for other clubs in the market)

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni

Just because one player doesn't match up to expectations, doesn't mean another can't. It think it will depend on the entire funds needed for the upcoming transfer markets. They will invest where they need to. If they are convinced that a player is worth it, they will pay. It's not like Tomori was a proven player. Sure, we loaned him first, but it was still a lot of money.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Because an upgrade on Saelemakers or Messias will cost at least 20m. Faivre might be better or he might not, but he isn’t a sure thing. I’m also worried about his mentality after twice now trying to force a move by doing some weird shit.

Messias will surprise everyone that doesn’t know him.

If we want to win the scudetto they will sign an upgrade, whether its faivre or someone else.
We have been saying that messias will be a surprise for two months now and the man has yet to kick a ball. Also its worth noting that pioi probably doesn’t even see him as a winger, but AM.

When is he coming back btw?

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Just because one player doesn't match up to expectations, doesn't mean another can't. It think it will depend on the entire funds needed for the upcoming transfer markets. They will invest where they need to. If they are convinced that a player is worth it, they will pay. It's not like Tomori was a proven player. Sure, we loaned him first, but it was still a lot of money.

There's no try before you buy from the SA leagues. We know the management value that option highly prior to investing.

Would we expect Alvarez to be considered a starter from the get go and contribute towards the Scudetto? Just doesn't seem like a move that would happen in the winter market. Makes Pellegri surplus(no big deal as expected)

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Messias will be ready after the break to deliver us to the promised land

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
There's no try before you buy from the SA leagues. We know the management value that option highly prior to investing.

Would we expect Alvarez to be considered a starter from the get go and contribute towards the Scudetto? Just doesn't seem like a move that would happen in the winter market. Makes Pellegri surplus(no big deal as expected)

Who says they want him in the winter market? Try before you buy is a luxury. In some instances it's a viable strategy, in others it isn't. If a lot of clubs want a player you simply have to dish out the money.

To be clear, I'm not saying I think they should buy him. I haven't seen enough of him yet.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Who says they want him in the winter market?

The impression one would get reading about the player's hype here on the board. I just don't see that kind of investment being made in January.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
The impression one would get reading about the player's hype here on the board. I just don't see that kind of investment being made in January.

I don't see a striker coming in January either. Why would they buy a striker when we still have both Zlatan and Giroud? Maybe if we'll be in Europe after the CL-group, but even then I doubt it.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
people talking about buying players for serious money
but why not loan them instead?? :ivan:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But that's exactly why we loaned him first. I think after the Paqueta and Piatek fiasko Elliott won't go for 35-40M players (+ agent fees, sign-on bonus etc) anymore without trying them out first... Rightfully. And who knows when Maldini a year ago said that he changed his mind in a lot of things since becoming manager he wasn't referring to those kind of deals. I mean it's quite obvious how we went from Paqueta/Piatek under Leonardo to loan+option under Maldini in quite some short time, no?

It's true that with that formula we can't compete with the more rich EPL clubs. But if we try to we end up with other Paquetas, Piateks or Romas Tammy Abrahams. For now, that's no feasible option. We need to be smarter than the richer clubs. And so far we seem to be proving everyone who doubted us one, two years ago that we are.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kebab gonna get paid with monopoly money

Didn't someone just say that Inter being taken over by some Saudis is a matter of days? Maybe that's no coincidence.

I don't want Inter to default. We need them to build the stadium and to give us a good fight for the Scudetto. The Milanese rivalry is vital for Serie A and its international reception.

But I don't want them to get some shrouded crazy rich owners from Saudi Arabia neither.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PIF has given mixed signals so far. They got Newcastle after much hype and human rights criticism… proceeded to appoint Eddie Howe as manager, which doesn’t seem that ambitious.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

Its an unknown generational talent 😁

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
But that's exactly why we loaned him first. I think after the Paqueta and Piatek fiasko Elliott won't go for 35-40M players (+ agent fees, sign-on bonus etc) anymore without trying them out first... Rightfully. And who knows when Maldini a year ago said that he changed his mind in a lot of things since becoming manager he wasn't referring to those kind of deals. I mean it's quite obvious how we went from Paqueta/Piatek under Leonardo to loan+option under Maldini in quite some short time, no?

It's true that with that formula we can't compete with the more rich EPL clubs. But if we try to we end up with other Paquetas, Piateks or Romas Tammy Abrahams. For now, that's no feasible option. We need to be smarter than the richer clubs. And so far we seem to be proving everyone who doubted us one, two years ago that we are.

Sure. I get the formula. It's a good formula that we can use most of the times. It just doesn't mean that we'll always stick by it. If we see a player that can bring us to next level, we will do it.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
what is generational talent?? are leao or chiesa/dybala generational talents?? wc > gt??

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Personally I’d consider Mbappe and Haaland level as generational talents
ahh so players with potential to replace best ones like messi or cr7, thx.
then i dont understand why there is so many calls for generational talents everywhere this days... majority of them wont be even wc players ...

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
what is generational talent?? are leao or chiesa/dybala generational talents?? wc > gt??

Imo The last obvious generational talent was Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule