The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those stats get even crazier when you think of our last 7+ games played with total injury crisis similar to the one that killed our Scudetto dreams last year.

We went through it again, but instead of nearly collapsing, we've played it through and won some crucial games against direct rivals. Now here we are, 1st in table, 7 points from Inter, stronger than the difficult schedule, stronger than all the injuries and all the refereeing bullshit like I've never seen it before.

I mean... If we can go through that and still be 1st in table, imagine how good we could be with some less injuries and some less scandalous BS calls from referees and some more easier games in-between.
I thought for sure the Maignan injury meant no scudetto.

WiLDinho

Beginner
Reaction score
Well thats what double standards mean , no ?
Both acts are wrong but you should stfu if you welcome one.
Its bull wrestling fans talking about animal abuse in dog fighting events.
Dude if you accept russian money then no money is ever blood money.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Well thats what double standards mean , no ?
Both acts are wrong but you should stfu if you welcome one.
Its bull wrestling fans talking about animal abuse in dog fighting events.
Dude if you accept russian money then no money is ever blood money.
I think it's better to avoid another mistake and rethink of what has been done in the past than keep doing the same shit.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Over 40% of the league games we played so far have been against teams challenging for 4th place (Lazio, Juve, Roma, Inter and Atalanta) yet we're breaking records for best league start. Napoli by comparison only 16% of their games were against similar opposition.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
CdS and ********** saying Juventus are also in the running for Alvarez

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
CdS via Milannews:
Both parties are now working on the details: Pioli will sign a two year contract until 2024, with a probable option for a third year, and will receive a salary increase. At the moment he earns 2.5 million euros, and the new contract will increase that to between 3.5 and 4 million.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The ball favored his strong foot :fp:
I'm not sure about that. From the angle we saw on tv it looked like he had time to either control it or shift his body to hit it with his right, but looking at this angle I don't think he had time. He hit it badly, but I think it was the right choice to go with his left.

Reaction score
CdS and ********** saying Juventus are also in the running for Alvarez
Don't see Milan being in any sort of a Bidding Race for Alvarez
He won't come below anything less than 25M
With Atletico also in the race we most likely end up like what happened with De Paul

WiLDinho

Beginner
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that. From the angle we saw on tv it looked like he had time to either control it or shift his body to hit it with his right, but looking at this angle I don't think he had time. He hit it badly, but I think it was the right choice to go with his left.
A ball coming from left to right when the defender coming from the left is a dream for a right foot player for whatever he decide.
Its much easier to shoot it first time with his right.
It would have looked like a penalty.
Its also easier to control it with the right also.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"This is very bad news for Inter, because their owners Suning had €2.6 billion worth of shares in Evergrande Real Estate.

There had already been serious liquidity issues at Suning and this will be a further blow to their portfolio.

According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Suning and Inter owner Zhang Jindong has lost $2 billion this year, circa half his fortune."

This Kebab for brains guy decided to leave the greatest club in the world for one that is barely able to pay their players. What a genius he is. At least he knows 10 + 10 = 20

My fear is that all this will make Zhang sell merda even for a bad offer. I mean, what his other choice? Default to Oaktree and get nothing? Yonghong Li is a one-of-a-kind moron :lol:, really doubt Zhang would do the same, although it would be hilarious. Merda's financial situation will not get much better any time soon. They will have 30-40 m more than last year due to ticket sales, but this is nowhere near what they need. On the other hand there are multiple loans that need to be paid by next summer.

Some Mubadala links to Milan. Very preliminary. 370 billion+ in assets….we’d basically be owned by the UAE. Unlimited wealth.

I had no idea what Mubadala is, but after a 1-minute google search, they have my blessing :lol:

I am super curious as to who Elliott will sell to.

I think that the reason these gulf countries buy teams aren't for economic reasons, but for the soft-power and PR that comes with owning a team. The utility is important for them.

I also think it is hilarious how willfully ignorant the English are. They are hand-wringing over Saudis buying Newcastle, when the entire country is a vehicle for shady money from the Gulf, Russia, and only God knows where else. Acting like there is some moral line with Saudis buying Newcastle, when the entire English economy is bankrolled by dirty money from around the world, is hilarious to me.

Elliott will sell to the highest bidder. They are not emotion-driven, so they will just maximize their profit. Hopefully, it would be a sale to a very ambitious owner.

The question is when they will sell. The stadium project will take VERY long. If they want to have it built and then sell... we're talking 2026 earliest. If they just need to have the project started, it could be in 2022.

I have said before that I like Elliott as owners. They cleaned up a real mess and may even win the domestic league. I mean, it's crazy success considering they shit-show they inherited in August 2018. Just 4 years later they may have a Scudetto, debt free club, young squad full of talent, modest wage bill and new stadium on the way. It would be an amazing achievement.

However, if we want to fight the big clubs for CL, we need other type of owners. I am not asking for City/PSG type of spending, but we lost countless targets due to small pocket money differences between request and demand. This needs to change if we want to win CL ever again. Big clubs don't lose targets because the selling club requested 1 m more.

Yeah I saw it from the Twitter account that MilanBG mentioned before..

Assuming the rumor about PIF - Inter is true, what makes them interested in Inter not us? I mean we have way better financial situation, more fans internationally (MEA included), and football world has begun noticing our resurrection..

Is it maybe Elliott doesn't want to sell to Saudis? Am I right that we don't have any sponsorhip agreement from Saudis but have one with UAE (World Expo) since Elliott takes over)?

Yeah, sianews may not sound very legit, but his record is really good.

Merda have a LOT of debts. They had 700 m before drawing the one from Oaktree which was 235 m iirc. They probably covered some of them already, but they are still in well over 800 m of debt. Since they are in such financial shit, I doubt Zhang has any leverage in the negotiations. He basically has to sell for any price that will allow him to leave without paying the debt. So, if he has a serious offer lined up, he may have no choice, but to sell. The rumors say that PIF are offering over 1,1 b, so Zhang would be a fool not to sell. Hopefully, it's not true and they end up defaulting to Oaktree :lol:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A ball coming from left to right when the defender coming from the left is a dream for a right foot player for whatever he decide.
Its much easier to shoot it first time with his right.
It would have looked like a penalty.
Its also easier to control it with the right also.
My point was I misjudged the position of the defender the first time I saw it on tv. He looks a lot closer in this stadium view, in fact he checks back a bit anticipating the shot, to block it. I don't think there's any chance Kessie could have controlled it without the defender getting there first. He had to hit it first time. The ball is also coming in from too tight an angle for him to be able to hit it with his right, I think that seems clear from the video also, he'd have to hit it with the outside of his right foot, which isn't ideal.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
My point was I misjudged the position of the defender the first time I saw it on tv. He looks a lot closer in this stadium view, in fact he checks back a bit anticipating the shot, to block it. I don't think there's any chance Kessie could have controlled it without the defender getting there first. He had to hit it first time. The ball is also coming in from too tight an angle for him to be able to hit it with his right, I think that seems clear from the video also, he'd have to hit it with the outside of his right foot, which isn't ideal.
Yeah I agree with you. I said in the match thread he should've taken a touch to his other foot and shot, and that it was awful to just first-time on his weak foot instead. The live replays looked like he had a second or two to make that decision rather than blast it wide. From that replay though, the defender is already beside him so can just steal the ball if he tries to shift foot there so seems he did make the right choice albeit a shit shot.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Trequartista Alvarez, sell Kessie for 15mln, bring back Adli AND Kamara. Donna at least did his job on the pitch 100%. Kessie is not doing it.
Scudetto 100%.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
How you 1.70 and a striker

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How you 1.70 and a striker
We play the best football with a false 9. Tevez is 171. Augero is 173. We can always keep Giroud if we need a different dimension.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful interview with Kjaer (posted on Milannews, my translation)

From the Danish national team camp, Milan defender Simon Kjaer has given an interview to Danish newspaper B.T., in which he expresses all his love for Milan:
"There is nowhere I would rather be. My role in the team, the coach and the club, the confidence placed in me and the way we play. It all suits me perfectly. It's a little like the role I have in the national team.
For many years I tried to see if it were possible to go to Milan, but it's the coincidences of football that meant it happened this way. There are many things that make Milan the club of my dreams. I live in Milano, where my wife and my children are happy. No club in the world could have called me and convinced me to join them if there were also an offer from Milan. It wouldn't matter who made the call.
I appreciate that the renewal of my contract has given me a new status. For me it's a pat on the back, especially because Milan has a policy not to extend contracts for players over 30 for more than one year. Instead I extended for two. This is the greatest sign the club could give me. I wouldn't change my career, or maybe yes I would, if I could have played for Milan for 15 years. But my story couldn't have been written better: I've ended up in Milano after being in so many other places and with all the experiences I've had on and off the pitch. Will I end my career in Italy? Yes, if I can, at Milan."

Grande Simon :star: His will be my next jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule