The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree he is but he still has holes. Not just defensive/ positional issues. Basic concentration issues like giving the ball away upfield.

Even in the big games that he was excellent, he has momentary lapses that @Master Smurf pointed out. Theo needs to focus and fix that or we need to elevate our squad level as a whole.
Okay, yes, he has holes in his game. Sure. But he's considered one of the best LBs in the world, so if that's the case, I don't see what you do there. Who do you replace him with? What do you do? He makes mistakes. All players do. Maldini made mistakes.

Theo will make mistakes, he made mistakes with France, so does Davies with Bayern, and Robertson with Liverpool. I don't understand what is being pointed out. If it's about one game in particular, okay, cool, he did bad. That's the analysis. If there is some longer trend that we have to deal with, how do you deal with it? Who do you replace Theo with? Let's say we had our world-class squad, do we get rid of Theo?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
QC4ZUZh.png

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand how we are top of Serie A. It's not really from outplaying teams, it's a bit of luck. Milan isn't a force to be reckoned with in Euro cups yet, can blame the draw but the team tonight would struggle really hard with the likes of Benfica, Ajax, Sevilla, Lille, Zenit, Leipzig, Shaktar just as much. 2-man midfield and 4 attacking players who can't string 3 passes along.
Liverpool is like the best team in the world currently so no shame in that. There is no point in playing 4-2-3-1 if Diaz is the CAM, maybe try Messias there instead.
It’s the lack of quality. Both Diaz and Messias are not good enough. Messias can not in 5 additional goals this season but he won’t ever be good enough to play for us as a serious team in champions league.

Our front 4 is extremely poor. Our midfield isn’t great either but the lack of quality upfront makes them look even worse.

Neither Kessie nor Tonali is comfortable with the ball but if we had a mobile front 4 (like a striker, RW and CAM) fast and mobile like Leao on a day he is serious, the midfield would be able to release the ball quickly to them

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Theo can improve, yes, but Master said that Theo doesn't show up in big games. I gave examples of big games where he was excellent.

I don't know enough about MMA to comment, but, the days of full-backs being defensively sound has died a long time ago. Trent is considered one of the best RBs in the world, and he is a terrible defender. Truly, terrible.

Are you going to say that Theo isn't one of the best LBs in the world?
Theo is very good but he needs to start playing well in Champions League games in Europe.

Instead of asking Milan fans, ask a non Serie A fan who watched all 6 milan group games about Theo.

Did they see the worlds best or one of the worlds best left backs in those 6 games?

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Today was a long shot. Atletico's 2-goal victory made it even more difficult.

I don't understand why the sky has to be falling after every defeat though. We're good enough to compete for the top spots and Scudetto domestically; we are not good enough to get out of a really challenging Champions League group. We may have been if fully fit for every game and if there was consistent refereeing. Without those two things any chance we had vanished.

Today was also a demonstration of the gulf in quality between us and a team like Liverpool, possibly between Serie A and the Prem. To bridge that gulf will require improving gradually, modernizing all aspects of the club (stadium, medical staff ) etc. We're getting there.

All of you down in the dumps or seething know the nature of this project and you variously praise and shit on it depending on the moment.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Okay, yes, he has holes in his game. Sure. But he's considered one of the best LBs in the world, so if that's the case, I don't see what you do there. Who do you replace him with? What do you do? He makes mistakes. All players do. Maldini made mistakes.

Theo will make mistakes, he made mistakes with France, so does Davies with Bayern, and Robertson with Liverpool. I don't understand what is being pointed out. If it's about one game in particular, okay, cool, he did bad. That's the analysis. If there is some longer trend that we have to deal with, how do you deal with it? Who do you replace Theo with? Let's say we had our world-class squad, do we get rid of Theo?
Chill Winston
It was a harsh critique which I stated (you seemingly overlooked the rest of the post) and in reaction to Brk (I believe) stating that Theo shouldn't have played because of his cold.

His game wasnt dissimilar to most of his performances and his name wasn't even among the list of players I was fully disappointed with.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I'm so glad this is over. especially that we finished LAST.

i was of those who thought we should focus on the league, even before the atletico win, by not risking getting in EL ... to me that would have been the worst case scenario.
of course, once the game (atletico) started I celebrated the goal and the win as usual, maybe even more. because that game produced a magical moment...the continuation of this amazing Messias' story (shhhh, he doesn't want people to keep talking about that).

anyway, we are at the beginning of our journey, yes "we are AC Milan" is a really cool rallying shout, but reality is reality.
the time when we'll re-become a major player in that competition will come...for now, we're not. we do not yet have the means to compete in two major competition....qualifying for EL would have ensured we lose the league ... even qualifying for the round the CL round of 16 would also have an effect...would the money have been enough to console us? not me.

we now only have the league to focus on (coppa is like ~5 games, if you make it all the way.)…this is when Inter started to WIN the league, after the got kicked out of Europe iirc.

Win the league, reinforce, then aim for round 16 of next year.

FORZA MILAN !

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I don't understand how we are top of Serie A. It's not really from outplaying teams, it's a bit of luck. Milan isn't a force to be reckoned with in Euro cups yet, can blame the draw but the team tonight would struggle really hard with the likes of Benfica, Ajax, Sevilla, Lille, Zenit, Leipzig, Shaktar just as much. 2-man midfield and 4 attacking players who can't string 3 passes along.
Liverpool is like the best team in the world currently so no shame in that. There is no point in playing 4-2-3-1 if Diaz is the CAM, maybe try Messias there instead.
1638924317117.jpeg

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I thought the General had spiky 90s hair and not bald - @Gulagprisoner ???

I want another YF rant about me.

my second favorite post of his was him trying to flex MS13

if he only knew

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
There is no point in playing 4-2-3-1 if Diaz is the CAM, maybe try Messias there instead.
Decent ordinary forum members know more than pioli.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Fuck it. Its just football and we shouldn’t fight between each other

Foza Milan

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s the lack of quality. Both Diaz and Messias are not good enough. Messias can not in 5 additional goals this season but he won’t ever be good enough to play for us as a serious team in champions league.

Our front 4 is extremely poor. Our midfield isn’t great either but the lack of quality upfront makes them look even worse.

Neither Kessie nor Tonali is comfortable with the ball but if we had a mobile front 4 (like a striker, RW and CAM) fast and mobile like Leao on a day he is serious, the midfield would be able to release the ball quickly to them
The jury is still out on Brahim, but I'm not his biggest fan. I like him, but Adli looks the better fit. Messias has played like 7 games, and has 3 goals, not sure he lacks quality, because, he hasn't played enough.

Our front 4 is poor, when it's missing two of its biggest weapons, sure. I think we need a CAM, and a RW. Brahim has really regressed since getting Covid, it sucks.

Our midfield is one of our strengths. Kessie of this year is a shadow of the Kessie of last year. People can say "oh it's Europe" but he was a boss against Atletico. He got destroyed against Pobega when we played Torino. I don't know what it is, but Kessie just isn't himself. Tonali has been one of the best midfielders in Serie A. He handled the ball very well today, so I'm not sure what you are talking about saying Tonali isn't comfortable with the ball.

Our issues are injuries and Brahim being out-of-form and not having a viable backup. If Leao was fit, I would've liked to have seen Bennacer at CAM, heck, even if he wasn't. He plays further forward for Algeria, why not Milan?
Theo is very good but he needs to start playing well in Champions League games in Europe.

Instead of asking Milan fans, ask a non Serie A fan who watched all 6 milan group games about Theo.

Did they see the worlds best or one of the worlds best left backs in those 6 games?
He has played well in the CL. He's played well for France. I don't think it's big games.

And yes, people call him the world's best who aren't Milan fans. Like this article claiming Theo is "the best left-back in the world," or in this list where he was no. 7 and the most recent where he was 3rd.

Do you only have negative things to say?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Frack presidente kessie

59% pass accuracy.

Genius coach kept him on the field and took Tonali out.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
im worried
Frack presidente kessie

59% pass accuracy.

Genius coach kept him on the field and took Tonali out.
to be fair, Tonali sucked ass too in that second half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule