Vincenzo Spagnolo Killed By A Milan's Tifoso (1995)

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
He guys I never had the interest of dig in about this but today I saw that had passed 10 years and genoa is coming to serie A again and they still retain that bad memory. For people who don't know the history here you got...

spagnolo1.gif

Vincenzo Claudio Spagnolo

January 29 of 1995, in the previous hours of Genoa-Milan, Vincenzo Spagnolo was surrounded by several followers of milanista team and one of them, Simone Barbaglia, gave a stab him in the abdomen. The dead had twenty-five years and the assassin -an apprentice of gardening- only nineteen. After the game some hundreds of persons encircle the stage and they meet with the police enforcements, intrenching behind the cassonetti turns upside down to you. The tifosi of the Milan can only exit from the stage to the 22,30. This is the popular history that everybody knows, but it's 100% true??? I don't know... I think there are very very things that are not clear about it... why the milan tifosi reacted like that??? drugs??? they were crazy??? look what a TIME's report says...

TIME.com said:
GENOA: Sunday, Bloody Sunday Italians are forgoing sports for a day in an effort to atone for a national epidemic of stadium violence that resulted in the murder of a football fan. Authorities canceled all national sporting events scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 5, after Genoa supporter Vincenzo Spagnolo was knifed to death the previous Sunday in a brawl before his team's game against Milan. Though Milan booster Simone Barbaglia, 18, has been charged with Spagnola's death, many Italians feel the crime typifies a nationwide trend of rising violence. Said Enrico Spigone, 30, a Lazio rooter: "The problem isn't the fans. The problem is violence in general in society. Neither the kid who got killed nor the killer were delinquents. They were both decent guys."

so maybe there are other reasons that we all don't know...

there is a book about it...

http://www.ultrasportal.com/reader.asp?id=11&idsezione=8&titolosezione=RECENSIONI
VINCENTI, Luca. Diari di una domenica ultrà: ventinove gennaio: Claudio Vincenzo Spagnolo. Milano, Italy: Franco Angeli, 2000. 192 p., ill., bibliography p. 170-173, 23 cm.
Spagnolo, Claudio Vincenzo--Assassination (January 29, 1995) - Murder--Italy--Genova (City)--Case Studies - Soccer Fans--Italy--Case Studies - Soccer Fans--Italy--Genova (City)--Interviews - Soccer Fans--Italy--Milano (City)--Interviews - Soccer Hooliganism--Italy--Case Studies - Soccer--Anthropological Aspects--Italy--Case Studies.
ISBN 8846420489; OCLC 49340400.

there is a preseason tournament for Genoa's team called
Vincenzo Spagnolo Trophy

and you can read many things that genoa's tifosi had written last days... is amazing... look...
http://www.tifonet.it/notizie/articolo.php?codice=12343&sn=tn

so what can we say about it??? somebody knows the really history??? somebody had read the book??? somebody knows more??? please tell us...

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
warmth said:
so what can we say about it??? somebody knows the really history??? somebody had read the book??? somebody knows more??? please tell us...
it's not much of a mystery: a clear example of what happens when two stupid people meet ... one is dead + one is in jail :o

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
If was it that simple I don't think after 10 years they will be saying what they say...

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
warmth said:
If was it that simple I don't think after 10 years they will be saying what they say...
and what do they say?

it's perfectly normal that some, who for some reason are still attached to the event, talk about it after 10 years, as it is exactly ten years from its tragic occurence and as genoa will probably get back to serie a thus urging milanisti and genoani to meet again for the first time after that day ... what is so difficult to get?

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ey mate why talk that way to me???

I am just saying that is not normal of have that idea of revenge and make it public... and nobody cares about it... of course is the first time they meet in long time but is not reason for bring back that bad things of so many time ago...

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
warmth said:
ey mate why talk that way to me???
what way :conf:

i was just astonished that you find so interesting an event that occurred 10 years ago ... it's a very simple sad story of fools who clashed and got 'hurt' ... and i agree there is no reason to bring it back ... but you did it here though, hinting there could be who knows what conceiled mystery about it :head:

no mystery, it's just about social failures who think there is something heroic about fistfighting or worse for a club or for a match ... spagnolo was just another nasty piece of work who met someone alike himself on a wrong day: the pathetic (apologetic, rather) rhetoric of ultras and certain kind of journalism made a hero of him in that environment :head: the outcome is next genoa-milan (possibly next season) will be a sensitive match ... for poor police! :mad:
unfortunately, nothing to awe about: there is plenty of such 'sentive' matches every season all over europe (and, i guess, south america too), it's not just genoa-milan

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
unrossonero said:
unfortunately, nothing to awe about: there is plenty of such 'sentive' matches every season all over europe (and, i guess, south america too), it's not just genoa-milan
Too right m8. There have been many Valencia-Levante occurences that mirror this one throughout the years, and the context is an all too familiar one. Usually two idiot's worlds collide and both suffer from extremely poor judgement.

Schedule