Week 31: Milan vs Bologna 04/04/2022 20:45 CET

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Leao needs new boots. How many times he he slip tonight?

Tomori missed a sitter. Free header. That was the big chance.

This has been our biggest issue despite the major improvement in the last two seasons- dropping points to the lesser teams at home. Inter beat Juve away. Napoli beat Atalanta away. Big dent to our title hopes.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Our attackers failed us and might be our downfall

Mistramian

Primavera
Reaction score
wish all referees were like this in serie a. Best player on the pitch together with kalulu and benacer.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I feel like shit.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In a round where we were supposed to extend the gap, we decreased it.
Basically the guys chocked.
End of story.
Napoli scored 3 goals from 4 shots. Inter lucked the hell out and still can't believe they won. We had over 30 shots and didn't score. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean much in one game, but if you add up all the points this season you'll find that Milan are still on top.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Terrible, terrible decision. Ibra and Giroud can play together. He needs to get that trough his head.
The terrible terrible decision was to bring on Rebic at HT and making the choice between Giroud/Leao later on.

Rebic fucking sucks ass.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Giroud does well but he's way too cute with his flicks. Sometimes he can just blast it but he tries those little touches too many times. Then Brahim does exacly the same thing, there's no one to just shoot the ball on sight. I still think with both Ibra and Giroud and crossing for the last half hour, that could have brought us something. Having just one target against their 3 defenders was never going to work, they were too narrow.
We resorted to just hoofing the ball into the box because we ran out of ideas on how to attack, not because it was an actual gameplan.

Like it or not, to win the scudetto you need an atleast somewhat reliable attack, which we just dont have. This game was coming (if the string of 1-0 wins were any indication).

It seems the scudetto race is basically gonna be won by the team that fucks up the least, as opposed to actual quality.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli still hasn't gotten the home game strategy right. Still too safe I think and needs to have much more of a threat besides Leao and inshallah.
I think this is a good point. Pioli does play safe at home, and if we win the title, then it will be something that we don't care that much about. However, if we do lose it, which because of this draw, everyone will believe we will lose it, then it's a problem.

I think keeping Brahim on was a big mistake.

It's honestly insane how much more dangerous we were with a misfiring Leao as RW alternating with Rebic than when we had Messias there.

A serviceable RW would change this team, and if Adli can show up, this team could be truly frightening next year.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I feel like shit.
tumblr_nd862hz03a1ts7f01o1_500.gif

voom

Banned
Reaction score

Shooting and headers to train every time players are in milanelo ,until the end of championship. Volleys a lot of volleys to train.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The terrible terrible decision was to bring on Rebic at HT and making the choice between Giroud/Leao later on.

Rebic fucking sucks ass.
I don't know, Rebic is one of the few players with that killer instinct. I think it was a good sub, and not something that's expected, playing Leao on the right. The bad decision was not taking out Brahim for Ibra and keeping on Giroud. We didn't need to control the midfield anymore, Bologna retreated all the way back, they stopped caring about the ball.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Most shots we’ve had without scoring since they’re begun tracking that stat in 04/05.

Ridiculous.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

This has been our biggest issue despite the major improvement in the last two seasons- dropping points to the lesser teams at home. Inter beat Juve away. Napoli beat Atalanta away. Big dent to our title hopes.
Ibra had probably an easier one where he was facing the goal directly

We had plenty chances in the 2nd half

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
We resorted to just hoofing the ball into the box because we ran out of ideas on how to attack, not because it was an actual gameplan.

We had numerous opportunities from those hoofs into the box

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
18th game in a row for Brahim without g / a
Diaz is just not a good fit for cam in this system. He has some technical abilities but he is not a playmaker. A playmaker should see his passing options before he receives the ball. Brahim takes a first touch, then he gets pressed and dribbles his way out of trouble, then he dribbles some more, and only then he is looking for a pass.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't know, Rebic is one of the few players with that killer instinct. I think it was a good sub, and not something that's expected, playing Leao on the right. The bad decision was not taking out Brahim for Ibra and keeping on Giroud. We didn't need to control the midfield anymore, Bologna retreated all the way back, they stopped caring about the ball.
yeah this is also true

but Rebic fucking sucks

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra had probably an easier one where he was facing the goal directly

We had plenty chances in the 2nd half
Tomori's was a free header. Rebic and Ibra had a player on them for their headers to be fair.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Such an important point. The midfield wasn't the issue. They were playing a low-block 541, so going long was fine. Especially because we did interchange it with going short, the problem was our final pass was continually shit, by everyone.

I honestly think Giroud-Ibra was the way to go in this game, Bologna setup shop, and even then, Ibra, Giroud, Rebic, and Tomori all had headers that one should have went in.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We were 7 points behind Inter at one point. We're still 1 or 4 points ahead now. It's not the end of the world.
It could be one of the eight ends of the Scudetto world.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Well that was infuriating. Combination of wastefulness and rushed helter-skelter final third decisions.

Messias and Brahim are like playing two men down unfortunately. It’s like Brahim tries the same thing over and over and loses the ball. He must have a negative IQ to not have figured out by now that he is to change how he plays.

Messias unless he’s in the box and has a clear shot in only useful to help out defensively. He seems to have barely any idea of what to do when he gets the ball other than a rare near piece of combination play. It says a lot that we needed our best LW to play as a RW to have another threat.

Completely disagree with Pioli’s decision to remove Bennacer to keep Diaz on. I would have just brought Kessie on in place of Brahim and given Bennacer license to get closer the the forwards. He was the player playing the most incisive passes and I was shocked he was taken off.

sabeni

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Why piolism benching kessie?433 flat should be our main setup since diaz is just only one game playing decent, the rest were bad.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We don't do well against easier teams, but do well against tough teams, so the tougher teams on our schedule are things you should relish playing.

Or we can all just admit that we are all fans and that, like fans of most teams in a title fight, every game is stressful while the games of your opponents seem easy, because you aren't as invested.
Not much to stress about. If we win the scudetto it's a bonus. They're ahead of schedule at the moment.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Like it or not, to win the scudetto you need an atleast somewhat reliable attack, which we just dont have. This game was coming (if the string of 1-0 wins were any indication).

It seems the scudetto race is basically gonna be won by the team that fucks up the least, as opposed to actual quality.

Maybe, but it's still an option that Pioli deprived himself of by bringing on Ibra early. We still had another sub window. Taking off Giroud meant that you CAN'T play them both if you were desperate, and there was a good chance that we would be. He played it too safe and assumed that we will have enough good chances to score. We had chances, but bad ones, so it was a bad bet.

Brahim thrives in games where we're constantly in transition. This is not that type of game and never was going to be. Brahim did well in the counterpress, but he was way too indecisive on the ball and kept running into walls. He doesn't look up. Leao kept slipping. Giroud kept trying flicks. Messias was terrible. We had a bad day up front.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't agree. When Leicester won the EPL everyone was like "WOW LOOK AT THIS MAGICAL STORY!" If it happened in Serie A, they'd say "look at how shit the quality is!"

Yes, I know your retort, CL, blah blah blah, but Bayern gets butt-fucked by bottom teams several times and no one is praising the Bundesliga, because it's a shitty league.

These narratives are all about perspectives and not about assessing things as they actually are, but just feeding into convenient narratives. Just like saying we've won 1-0 by luck, rather than having dominant performances where we should have scored more. We should have won today, but we didn't, and that's bad.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I think Pioli made a mistake taking Giroud off if he was trying to play crosses. Should have gone for Ibra + Giroud and risked it all. Was playing it too safe. Brahim was useless in this sort of game.
Diaz , Messias & Sale arent football players.
I honestly believe Kru is better than all three & kru is the definition of average.
Pioli is fuckin slow in knowing the above.
When you have those shit players starting & Rebic , Kess & Ibra on the bench then fucking change the formation to field more good than shit players or at least keep your 4-2-3-1 but try out players for the AM & RW.

Last edited:

Schedule