Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
who needs ibra when we have pato and seedorf who live and breathe UCL :D

jk i love ibra just as much :D

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
tumblr_lrhlc9p2821qeh4g2o1_500.jpg

I'm sold.

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel
WHAT A FUCKING PLAYER! BIG GAME PLAYA!!!!! Against Inter, Napoli and now Barcelona! :proud::proud::proud::star:

FOR NOW ON HE NEEDS TO START IN EVERY BIG GAME

Last edited:

Pato#1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pato, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo
the first second that i saw him doing that, i am like holy shit

Fiero

Reaction score
Ibra should no longer be untouchable. This man steps up in the biggest occasions. Another 1st min goal in a big game, wow.

Grazie for the goal. :proud:

RollingPapers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Prince, Gattuso, Pato, Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Abate, Seedorf, Van Bommel

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i t was 4:45 in the morn where i was wathcing in australia

i jumped up and scremed sooo fukn loud my parents started abusing me but my god how happy i was!

PATO IS MILAN <3

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes people criticize him for acting instinctively all the time, but in the first goal it was for the best. He saw the space, runned for it and only stopped at the goal. Other strikers would have hesitated there and lost a precious second that would avoid the goal. But not Pato.

Also, Cassano diagonal run opened space for Pato. Busquets lost his feet for a moment cause of Cassano movement. It was enough for Pato.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Yes, he did it.
:thumbsup::D

:lol:

DUCKYYY <333

HE JUST TURNED 22, HE SCORED VS INTER, NAPOLI, JUVE, ROMA, REAL & BARCA :proud:

PATO IS OUR NEW GOLDEN BOY OFFICIALLY <33333

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
precious...precious...precious

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
cassano needs to be used in serie a or teams like tottenham etc where we keep possession. imo pato on form and cassano on form lets us rest ibra in november-december for knockout

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Great goal just a shame he miss-controlled the ball the next time he was clear through as he could of got 2.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
But what a run by Ducky :eek:

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Superb goal, a good chance soon after but he didn`t take the ball properly, and had that header from the corner.

He also created a good chance for Boateng who first miscontroled the ball and then shot in the sky.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
You cant catch pato, not even with a machine gun - Guirdiola

Guirdiola "Pato would have left Usain Bolt behind"

Last edited:

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
I really want Ibra - Pato partnership to finally fucking work... Seriously. They need more play-time with each other.

I blame bad timing which has been the biggest reason for their so called "failed" partnership.

Last year Pato got injured -----> Ibra hits form

Ibra plays half a season with Binho -----> Loses form -----> Pato returns

Pato hits form -----> Ibra gets red carded/injured

EXACTLY what I've been saying. And now the stupid Ibra-Pato discussion continues because Pato plays a great game and Ibra is injured. We have some improvements in MF this season, MvB has settled etc. It's gonna be magic.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Bandini: Europe provides Pato with a chance at greatness
Posted by paolo bandini under Serie A, Uefa Champions League on Sep 13, 2011

The bar has always been set high for Alexandre Pato in Milan. “Pato is not just an important arrival for me and Milan, but for all of Italian football,” declared the club’s then manager Carlo Ancelotti after the Rossoneri had limped into the 2007-08 winter break in 12th place. Just a few days earlier the team’s owner Silvio Berlusconi had gone public with expectations that probably ought to have been kept private: “Ancelotti told me that if Pato keeps playing as we have seen him do in training, then he will wind up scoring 30 goals by June.”

To put that boast into context, the entire Milan squad had managed just 21 between them in their 14 league games from August to December. Signed for €22m from Internacional the preceding summer but unable to play in competitive fixtures for Milan until January on account of Fifa regulations governing the transfer of minors, Pato had played fewer than 30 games as a senior professional and yet was already being presented as some kind of footballing Chuck Norris – an unstoppable force capable of resolving Milan’s problems single-handed.

Barely 18 years old and still adjusting to life in a new country, Pato could easily have faltered. Instead what he did was score, slotting the ball calmly past Napoli’s Gennaro Iezzo towards the end of a lively debut to seal a 5-2 win for Milan. “I’ve never seen a debut like it,” exclaimed the former Brazil, Mlian and indeed Napoli forward José Altafini. “He has been put under so much pressure and yet he played with such tranquility.”

The goals kept coming. If Ancelotti’s aspirations for a 30-strike season were to prove as unrealistic as they sounded, Pato would nevertheless finish the season as Milan’s third highest scorer – finding the net nine times in 18 games (only 13 of which he started). If it wasn’t enough to save Milan from finishing outside the Champions League places he could hardly be blamed: after all, it was he who had given them hope with the only goal in a 1-0 win away to eventual fourth-place finishers Fiorentina.

As his followers in Brazil already knew, pressure had never really been an issue for Pato. Behind the baby face and floppy hair lay a kid who had been brave enough at 13 abandon his family in Pato Branco and move to Porto Alegre – a city 600km away where all that awaited him was a makeshift bunk in the bowels of Internacional’s Estádio Beira-Rio. One who had scored on his debut for both Internacional and Brazil’s Under-20 side, before supplanting Pelé as the youngest player ever to score in the Club World Cup.

One indeed, who nearly lost it all before his career had even begun – told at the age of 11 that his left arm might have to be amputated when doctors discovered a tumour “the size of two eggs” while examining Pato after he had fractured the limb playing football. In the end such an outcome was averted by the family’s doctor, who not only managed to remove the growth but even agreed to do it for free after realising Pato’s family could not afford the surgery.

But if Pato has overcome these and many more obstacles to reach the point he has today, then the next challenge is of a different ilk. It is no longer enough for a player of such evident talent to say that he can mix it with the best in the world. For Milan to reach their intended goals, Pato must prove he can dominate them.

That might seem an unusual thing to say of a player who, when fit, has been among Serie A’s most prolific – one who has scored at a rate of a goal every other game in the league despite not being a regular penalty taker, and who played a crucial role in Milan ending Inter’s five-year run as champions. And yet the expectation of many Milan supporters continues to outstrip the reality. Does he contribute enough beyond goals? Has he meshed with Ibrahimovic? And, perhaps most damningly: why hasn’t he done it in Europe?

In his three-and-a-half seasons playing for Milan, Pato has struck just five times in Europe: and three of those came back in 2008-09, when the club was playing in the Uefa Cup. In fact, the Brazilian has only been on the scoresheet in one of his 14 Champions League appearances – the 3-2 win away to Real Madrid in October 2009, in which he struck twice. The reality is that as much as everyone derides Ibrahimovic for his European shortcomings, Pato has to date been just as disappointing in continental competition.

It is a state of play that has been thrown into sharp light by the injuries suffered by Ibrahimovic and Robinho, set-backs that leave Milan to take on Barcelona tonight with Pato and Antonio Cassano their only two healthy strikers. Whilst expectations are very low for the Rossoneri at Camp Nou – Gazzetta dello sport acknowledging this morning that “any result other than a Barcelona win would be a surprise” – any hope they might have rests squarely on Milan’s capacity to seize the few opportunities that come their way.

But far more than tonight’s result, it is the club’s future capacity to compete at these levels that Pato is called to ensure. Few football club directors have been more forthcoming than Milan’s vice-president Adriano Galliani in discussing the difficulties of keeping a club both competitive and financially viable in the modern marketplace. As he has noted, the reality for Italian sides is that, with lower revenues, they simply cannot compete for established players with the likes of Manchester City, United or Real Madrid.

Milan are no paupers, as was demonstrated by the deals for Ibrahimovic and Robinho last summer, but the nature of those signings was indicative of the new world order. Both were cast-offs, no longer wanted by teams with whom the Rossoneri still seek to compete. Whilst Milan have been able to value from them that their previous owners could not, they could not be enough on their own to get the team to its intended level.

Pato is different: a player who had also been sought by Madrid and Chelsea but whose inexperience meant that the release clause in his contract was still within Milan’s reach. The presence of seven Brazilian players – including Pato’s idol Ronaldo – on the club’s books helped persuade him to join but it was the potential for gain that persuaded Silvio Berlusconi to part with his money. Upon completing the player’s signing Galliani proudly announced that the fee for such a player would be three times as high were he on a European club’s books.

That is not to say that Milan’s plan is to sell – indeed, everyone from the fans to the owners’ daughter would prefer Pato stayed for the long haul – but it is to suggest that they expect even more than they otherwise might from a €22m investment. He has proven himself already to be a good investment. Milan, though, need him to be great.

Paolo Bandini covers Italian football for guardian.co.uk and Astro SuperSport, as well as The Score. You can follow him on Twitter @Paolo_Bandini.

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog...ope-provides-pato-with-a-chance-at-greatness/

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
:star:Big Game Player :star:

Schedule