Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
first of all I'm not saying Abate did good with the goal
but he's not the only one who made a mistake

As a defender it's better to hit the ball wrong then don't hit it at all
So he hits the ball obviously wrong (mistake 1) and it bounce slowly in the air

Since it was slowly there was time enough for Abbiati to come out his goal and catch the ball
but he did not, he just stayed on the goal line (mistake 2)
(why is no one talking about that??)

Rami was marking Costa, after the ball bounced in the air he did let him go
and he let him completely free (mistake 3)

Also Bonera let Miranda completely free, If Rami blocked Costa on time then there was Miranda to finish it

to me Abbiati made unacceptable mistake, 2nd worst one was Rami and 3rd Abate
still all three could have avoid it, but Abate got unlucky it was not an easy ball

so all your opinions are BS :o

Exactly. :thumbsup:
IMO Abate is not the one to blame for goal. He did his job. Ball didnt get to #7 he was marking and he did put it high up in the air. Abbiati should box it out, Rami and Bonera should mark their players. Also Abbiati didnt rly do much to save the attempt.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Let's just all blame bonera

don't hurt him. its a goal very unlucky for milan. blame for such a situation its unfair. although bonera was raped by Diego Costa whole match, but he put his efford in the field and sometime limit costa's dangerous by nasty foul. But the fact, Bonera had decent game.
Abate is good except his clearance. But Abate's weakest is position (alot of match it showed this). he is zero in awareness about position.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
03LfWs.png

Battle down Milan’s right

The game seemed set to be won and lost down Milan’s right, and Juventus’ left, because in the opening stages Kwadwo Asamoah kept finding an extraordinary amount of space down the flank – mainly thanks to Adel Taarabt’s lack of interest in defending. Juventus were free to hit crossfield balls towards him, although the wing-back’s first contribution was an embarrassing air-shot. Still, the space was down that flank.

Juve’s problem, however, was that Taarabt was getting space on the break, and he was Milan’s most dangerous attacking player in the first half. With Asamoah higher up, it meant Martin Caceres was being drawn out of the back three to cope with him, and after the Moroccan dangerously dribbled towards goal a couple of times, Asamoah was forced to drop back and get goalside. Milan had won this mini-battle, and this meant Ignazio Abate could get forward on the overlap to play a few dangerous balls.

Didnt think he was this good in the game

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
I generally like Abate, but two instances stand out in my mind.

After Taarabt dribbled Pirlo and Barzagli then played a ball for Abate into the penalty area, Ignazio decided to take a touch first then cross. For me, this is the story of Abate's life in terms of attacking. His instincts aren't there, thats a ball you play low and hard across the box first time and it kills me to see him do this so often.

Secondly, he wasn't marking anyone on the goal. This is a normal mistake, but coupled with his inability to make good decisions in attacking positions, its frustrating.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I generally like Abate, but two instances stand out in my mind.

After Taarabt dribbled Pirlo and Barzagli then played a ball for Abate into the penalty area, Ignazio decided to take a touch first then cross. For me, this is the story of Abate's life in terms of attacking. His instincts aren't there, thats a ball you play low and hard across the box first time and it kills me to see him do this so often.

Secondly, he wasn't marking anyone on the goal. This is a normal mistake, but coupled with his inability to make good decisions in attacking positions, its frustrating.

+10000 :thumbsup:

1. Taarabt passes to Abate, Bonnuci is out, Barzagli is on Kaka', Pazzini is all alone on 5m. Abate doesnt look where PAzzo is but needs to make one touch coz his control is shit. Instead of playing SIMPLE low cross. SIMPLE PASS to Pazzini who is free. But Abate doesnt look, he looks at his feet when crossing.

2. After that touch, he goes deeper, and Pazzini again moves great, and Abate misses his. So what to say...

3. MArked an alien and not Llorente. Another totalni amateur move by him defensively. He makes 1, 2 per game.

All in all, that was a good game? Its good for LAzio or if Milan wants to be 5th also next year. These details win you games so... Abate I respect 100% coz he is a fighter and milanista, but he is not a great player. We need a great fullback.

Abate's money needs to be invested into a good LB.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Let's just all blame bonera

exactly :lol:

I hope ppl see that it's not just one individual who sucks on this defense, it's the defense as a whole, they just don't know what to do in pressure situations... maybe they need some time, but I just don't think that's it... I think what we're missing is a defensive leader like we've always had in the past. Nesta, Maldini, etc. We just don't have that guy to bring calm and organization and when we get pressured, we lose our composure. Defensive leader would be the difference in being where we are in the table currently, and being top 3.

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
abate is a not as bad as some make out .defensively he is still not as aware as he should be but the fact remains that once upon a time his mistakes where covered by good defenders along side him and vica versa.how many mistakes did barzagli make in the game with the only difference being we didn't punish them .the truth is the defence as a whole has been in shambles and even des hasn't had a very good season this season albeit he is a lot younger but also a lot more hyped

if we have to sell him then reluctantly I can see why ..but not to another Italian club

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Defended really well against Spain.

Don't want him sold.
Still our best fullback.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Italy's best in 2nd half for sure. He made no mistakes. Few good fouls, otherwise great defending and realy good in offense. I saw it in his eyes he wanted to score yesterday. :)

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Defended really well against Spain.

Don't want him sold.
Still our best fullback.

He really is, Mattia has a lot to learn still. Abate is proven, and honestly, has very few bad games per season.

Everytime i watch a SES video, Abate is providing most of the assists from low crosses.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Fair play ? Kicking the ball out ? In such a game ? For such a reason ?!!

iraqi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
super pippo - rino - kaka' - ancelotti - rui costa - van bommel - maldini
Fuck you blondey boy and fuck ur fair play

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
I just feel he doesn't get the lovin' he deserves. Probably one of our most underrated players

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I just feel he doesn't get the lovin' he deserves. Probably one of our most underrated players

He is valued between 10 - 15 million and players with higher price than him in our team can be counted with the fingers of one hand... Unfortunately I believe he will be sold (contract expiring next year, Raiola as agent, PSG and Arsenal courting him since last year can give him double what we offer)

Ploki

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He is valued between 10 - 15 million and players with higher price than him in our team can be counted with the fingers of one hand... Unfortunately I believe he will be sold (contract expiring next year, Raiola as agent, PSG and Arsenal courting him since last year can give him double what we offer)

I also think he will be sold because they want to open up for De Sciglio. Which I think is sad. Abate is better than De Sciglio and De Sciglios only chance to become World Class is to start playing CB. De Sciglio miss Abates speed which is essential on the flanks.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I also think he will be sold because they want to open up for De Sciglio. Which I think is sad. Abate is better than De Sciglio and De Sciglios only chance to become World Class is to start playing CB. De Sciglio miss Abates speed which is essential on the flanks.

:lol::lol::lol:

He is a natural right-footed LB. At CB he would be slaughtered...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah

He will be reaplaced with Usain Bolt...dont worry!

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
abate should be starting right back, move mattia to the left.

I dont care if Mattia isnt as good there, it makes the team better and means we have two good full backs plying rather than one garbage and one good.

Cant believe we are thinking more about this than CB, we have 2 good fullbacks, just play them both. Ive watched Mattia at left, and right back, I liked him better at left back. Maybe thats just me, but, keep both play both, get a new CB.

Schedule