The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good morning rnb.

I want to thank the matrix and necro for banning mr.

I love that guy but saying ibra is an old man is just not ok.

Good luck mr. You and your sci-fi news will be missed.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We definitely switched from 433 to 442 because of injuries, not because we were dogshit in that formation... We were playing like gods. Best 433 the world has ever seen.

Why is MR banned? I need him to tell me that Rino is doing a fantastic job.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No matter how many players we get, it won't fuckin matter if we have no actual gameplan or tactics.

This entire season has been dependant on either last minute goals or a suso masterclass. Yes, we arent fourth because Lazio and Roma have been shit. It's just that we have been slightly less shit than they have been.

When did it become ok to measure your teams performance based on who's below you rather than who's in front of you?.

We have earned a grand total of 27 points out of a possible 48. That's 21 points dropped (ergo equal to 7 losses out of 16 games played). I dont give a shit about what position we are in, that's fucking midtable stats.

Gattuso so far has been extremely lucky that the chasing opposition has been more shit than we have been. But exactly how long are we going to be riding our luck?

We are halfway through the season and there seems to be still no semblance of a game plan. Not to mention everytime this team needs to make the step up and grab points when it really matters, they fuckin fail royally. So much for grinta maestro.

If we accept that we need an experienced top level management, why the fuck is it so hard for us to realize that we need an experienced top level coach too?.

I got nothing against Gattuso. But he is a man who still has a lot to learn (especially from a tactical point of view). We need a coach who is ready to take on the challenge now.

Players like Higuain didnt all of a sudden forget how to play football. They look clueless out there on the pitch because their coach is fucking clueless.
Agreed.

He will get his chance with reinforcements come january but so far i am not optimistic.

Hope im wrong.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Just like this time last year, RnB is slipping into the tendency to believe that everybody in the media is against Milan and that the financial situation at Milan is actually hunky-dory. It's not.

Break-even in 2021 is still a huge ask, particularly if we intend to spend at least 150-200 million over the next couple of windows (which is kind of what we need to do in order to be at the top level again).

We will be looking for more cut-price deals.. the likes of Muriel and Baselli etc.

Ultimately, Gattuso has dragged a limping, blind, half-dead Milan to the 4th place. No matter how much the Commode hates Bonaventura, he has been our most important player since 2016. He is the one who gives us that offensive edge due to his runs and his ability to combine with attackers via short passes (regardless of his dozens of near-misses in front of the goal). Without him and without Biglia (to a smaller extent), we are a blunt force. We are quite simply dependent on Suso and Higuain moments of magic - especially with Hakan's dire situation this season.

There's no point in replacing Gattuso this season as no other manager will do better with what we have at the moment. Of course if we reach the CL and plan to make a deep CL run and do the necessary player investments, then there might be some merit in targeting a more experienced manager.

Changing managers now would just be bringing us back to square one.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am not saying Gattuso out yet but come on it is almost January and our attackers look like they play with each other for the first time

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
You do realize the team is in a state of emergency?

Any point we achieve is a bonus assuming you realize we have shit load of injuries and misfiring strikers.

That's the biggest crap i've read so far this week. Maybe you should root for sassuolo or chievo, they have the same mentality there. 3 points against this Bologna is a nobrainer.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I am not saying Gattuso out yet but come on it is almost January and our attackers look like they play with each other for the first time

Both Higuain and Cutrone don't seem comfortable playing in a 2-striker tactic. I can count maybe 4 moments during the entire duration of all games where we have played 4-4-2, in which they've looked like they knew what they were doing.

Which begs the question - what else can we do?

I'd just go Castillejo-Higuain-Suso against Fiorentina and move Hakan to the left midfield position.

Last edited:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Just like this time last year, RnB is slipping into the tendency to believe that everybody in the media is against Milan and that the financial situation at Milan is actually hunky-dory. It's not.

Break-even in 2021 is still a huge ask, particularly if we intend to spend at least 150-200 million over the next couple of windows (which is kind of what we need to do in order to be at the top level again).

We will be looking for more cut-price deals.. the likes of Muriel and Baselli etc.

Ultimately, Gattuso has dragged a limping, blind, half-dead Milan to the 4th place. No matter how much the Commode hates Bonaventura, he has been our most important player since 2016. He is the one who gives us that offensive edge due to his runs and his ability to combine with attackers via short passes (regardless of his dozens of near-misses in front of the goal). Without him and without Biglia (to a smaller extent), we are a blunt force. We are quite simply dependent on Suso and Higuain moments of magic - especially with Hakan's dire situation this season.

There's no point in replacing Gattuso this season as no other manager will do better with what we have at the moment. Of course if we reach the CL and plan to make a deep CL run and do the necessary player investments, then there might be some merit in targeting a more experienced manager.

giphy.gif

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

A very well reasoned post.

Bonaventura is very useful/important when he’s fit/in form, but can’t stay healthy and it has killed us having no alternative. Paqueta seems to be a great long-term replacement.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Torino, Olympiacos and Bologna - 3 goals conceded, 1 goal scored (set piece). Anyone actually believes this is because of injuries and not because of shit tactics and lack of knowledge how to play football?

P.S. And yes, we are 4th because Lazio and Roma are shit, not because we are doing great. 27 points in 16 games is veeeeeery low. Normally we would've been 6th or even 7th in the table like 3-4 points away from top 4. It's a fact, look it up.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last year after 16 games Roma were 4th with 38 pts. 11 more than we currently have. So, please tell me more.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

:star:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Both Higuain and Cutrone don't seem comfortable playing in a 2-striker tactic. I can count maybe 4 moments during the entire duration of all games where we have played 4-4-2, in which they've looked like they knew what they were doing.

Which begs the question - what else can we do?

I'd just go Castillejo-Higuain-Suso against Fiorentina and move Hakan to the left midfield position.

I am starting to think that there is no comfortable tactic for this team. Remember Higuain looked cut off in 4-3-3 and many were rooting for changing to 2 striker tactic. But tactics change and we still really struggle to get ball into box, and if we do there is noone around to take it. Obvious conclusion is that they need to work on connections in attack, but I am not sure if Gattuso knows how to do that. We are good at keeping possession and passing, credit to Gattuso for that, but it seems he is confused about making attack work

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last year after 16 games Roma were 4th with 38 pts. 11 more than we currently have. So, please tell me more.

1.56 points per game currently for us. Wouldn't have made top 4 in any of the past 10 seasons. But yeah, tell us more about how Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina playing like shit has nothing to do with us being in front of them right now

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1.56 points per game currently for us. Wouldn't have made top 4 in any of the past 10 seasons. But yeah, tell us more about how Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina playing like shit has nothing to do with us being in front of them right now

Man, I am saying the same thing, you know... Check the previous comments, not just the last one.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man, I am saying the same thing, you know... Check the previous comments, not just the last one.

I know. :lol: I'm agreeing with you. The last part is directed at the Grintisti clan

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
The ol’ Milan isn’t winning, it’s the other teams that aren’t as good...

At the end of the season...4th is 4th

I don’t care if it’s because others are playing better or worse

How pessimistic can you guys be :lol:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know. :lol: I'm agreeing with you. The last part is directed at the Grintisti clan

Rino out but your logic is :lol:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Raise your hand if you would take 4th place at the end of the season regardless of how many points Milan earned

Since when does table position require X number of points?

We all get that Rino is not doing well but your stat logic is irrelevant to the table position

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The ol’ Milan isn’t winning, it’s the other teams that aren’t as good...

At the end of the season...4th is 4th

I don’t care if it’s because others are playing better or worse

How pessimistic can you guys be :lol:

Yep, at the end of the day the table is the only thing that matters, but do you think we will be in top 4 for long? We will face Viola with literally no mids and zero creativity as usual. Then we have games against Frosinone and Spal. If we play like yesterday - 4 pts max. After that we have a game in Genoa, home against Napoli and away against Roma (direct rival). If we keep on playing like this, we will easily be out of top 4 by the 22nd matchday. And then what would be your excuse?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rino out but your logic is :lol:

Let's have a bet. A ban for the entire duration of the next summer mercato.
I get the ban if we finish the season in top 4 under Gattuso.
You get the ban if we don't, or if he gets fired while outside of top 4.
I also get the ban if he gets fired while still in top 4 and someone else then fucks it up.
If fired while still top 4 and another coach finishes top 4 we both get banned

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I am starting to think that there is no comfortable tactic for this team. Remember Higuain looked cut off in 4-3-3 and many were rooting for changing to 2 striker tactic. But tactics change and we still really struggle to get ball into box, and if we do there is noone around to take it. Obvious conclusion is that they need to work on connections in attack, but I am not sure if Gattuso knows how to do that. We are good at keeping possession and passing, credit to Gattuso for that, but it seems he is confused about making attack work

4-3-3 was just right for the team. We missed many goal-scoring opportunities but we were playing really beautiful football and scoring 2-3 goals per game. Higuain looked cut off? No way, that was the time he had 5 goals from 6 matches or something.

Commode wanted Cutrone included since Cutrone scored winners coming on as a supersub and we changed from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 for the last 20 minutes. That was a simplistic idea as the very reason he scored those goals were due to the impact of a substitution and change in tactic. We should never have gone to 4-4-2 as starting formation based on that idea in the commode.

The reason Gattuso had to do that was obviously not because of the Commode idea but because we lost Biglia and Bona. His hands were tied. I still think he should put faith in Mauri and Montolivo or Bertolacci and go back to 4-3-3.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4-3-3 was just right for the team. We missed many goal-scoring opportunities but we were playing really beautiful football and scoring 2-3 goals per game. Higuain looked cut off? No way, that was the time he had 5 goals from 6 matches or something.

Uhm... what? When was that? Give me games.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Commode wanted Cutrone included since Cutrone scored winners coming on as a supersub and we changed from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 for the last 20 minutes. That was a simplistic idea as the very reason he scored those goals were due to the impact of a substitution and change in tactic. We should never have gone to 4-4-2 as starting formation based on that idea in the commode.

The reason Gattuso had to do that was obviously not because of the Commode idea but because we lost Biglia and Bona. His hands were tied. I still think he should put faith in Mauri and Montolivo or Bertolacci and go back to 4-3-3.

I agree with this (except the "we were playing really beautiful football" part, lol).
When I realized that I'd rather see Bertolacci start in a midfield 3 than go back to this 442 shit made me question my sanity

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Uhm... what? When was that? Give me games.

Atalanta, Empoli, Sassuolo, Olympiacos (H), Chievo. Between the September international break and the October international break, we were playing really beautiful football.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Let's have a bet. A ban for the entire duration of the next summer mercato.
I get the ban if we finish the season in top 4 under Gattuso.
You get the ban if we don't, or if he gets fired while outside of top 4.
I also get the ban if he gets fired while still in top 4 and someone else then fucks it up.
If fired while still top 4 and another coach finishes top 4 we both get banned

What if we finish top 4 and we have to ban you due to this bet but I also ban General in the euphoria of securing a Champions League spot?

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Torino, Olympiacos and Bologna - 3 goals conceded, 1 goal scored (set piece). Anyone actually believes this is because of injuries and not because of shit tactics and lack of knowledge how to play football?

P.S. And yes, we are 4th because Lazio and Roma are shit, not because we are doing great. 27 points in 16 games is veeeeeery low. Normally we would've been 6th or even 7th in the table like 3-4 points away from top 4. It's a fact, look it up.

Thank you. Can't be explained better

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What if we finish top 4 and we have to ban you due to this bet but I also ban General in the euphoria of securing a Champions League spot?

If I were you I'd just ban the whole forum :lol:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That would be the ultimate troll move.
We back in CL, baby! Whole forum is banned :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule