Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Wot? No love for Messi? You ppl are jelly... sick goal. 6th B;d'Or tomorrow.

He'll win one more in his lifetime, 7 in total. No chance CR adding to his collection in Italy unless he wins CL and even then it will be a team effort. He may get one at Utd if he returns & wins the league with goals galore... that wud make it 6... FU, CR.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Wot? No love for Messi? You ppl are jelly... sick goal. 6th B;d'Or tomorrow.

He'll win one more in his lifetime, 7 in total. No chance CR adding to his collection in Italy unless he wins CL and even then it will be a team effort. He may get one at Utd if he returns & wins the league with goals galore... that wud make it 6... FU, CR.

We saw it.. is just that most of us (i might be the only one) are starting to lose interest in football since ac milan is keep being trash.

I don’t think he will win tomorrow?? VVD is pretty hyped and I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave it to him

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B;d'Or to CR...

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giorgio Chiellini claims Juventus teammate Cristiano Ronaldo “was robbed of the Ballon d’Or last year, as Real Madrid wanted to stop him winning.”

The trophy went to Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modric in 2018, while this evening the winner was Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
Ronaldo skipped the ceremony for two years running after learning he would not be holding the golden globe aloft.

Asked about the decisions, Chiellini made some remarkable comments on Sky Sport Italia.

“Ronaldo was really robbed of the Ballon d'Or last season, when Real Madrid decided to make sure he couldn't win it and that was really weird,” said the defender.

“This season, it was more balanced. With all due respect, Modric even in his best season of his career didn't deserve it. That was a signal from Real Madrid, as they wanted to stop Ronaldo winning it.

“He won the Champions League, but by that logic, (Liverpool defender Virgil) Van Dijk should've won it this year, or last year (Antoine) Griezmann, (Paul) Pogba or (Kylian) Mbappe for doing extraordinary things at the World Cup. Modric made no sense.”

Cristiano Ronaldo won the Ballon d’Or on five occasions, while Messi now has six.

alzMl2qj_700wa_0.gif

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"Dear Virgil, where you are now, Ronaldo has been a thousand times," Katia began.

“Look, dear Virgil, Cristiano Ronaldo has become champion three times in the country where you have been playing for years and where you still have not succeeded. Cristiano Ronaldo has even been the best player and top scorer in the country where you play. By the way, he was younger than you are now.

"Then, dear Virgil, Cristiano Ronaldo went somewhere else where he became the best player in club history: Real Madrid.
"What do you say Virgil? Maybe so, because this club, with the same Cristiano, even beat you in the Champions League final. Ronaldo already has five of them here, Virgil.

“And this same Ronaldo has crushed your Oranje in a final. Was that heavy Virgil? We feel sorry for you. And dear Virgil, even in one of the least successful seasons of his career, Cristiano Ronaldo has won more prizes than you. Is that nice or not?

Now Virgil, as soon as you win prizes against real opponents, we can talk further. Once you have a handful of them, from the real top prizes, you may be able to sit at the same table as Cristiano.

:lol::lol: Girl got spunk

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“On the one hand, I enjoyed having five and being the only one,” Messi told France Football .

“When Cristiano moved level, I admit that it hurt me a bit. I was no longer alone at the top. But it made sense, although it was good when I was alone at five.

“Was I frustrated in the last few years? Let's say I understood why I did not win.

“As a team, we had not achieved our major goal, which was to win the Champions League, which gives you more chances to win the Ballon d'Or.

“When Cristiano Ronaldo won it is because he had achieved great seasons by winning the Champions League and being decisive. It was deserved, there was not much I could do.

“Did I feel injustice? It's up to you to tell me if the Ballon d'Or is awarded to the best player or the one who enjoys the best season.

“It is also down to individual taste. Some prefer Cristiano, others myself or Neymar or [Kylian] Mbappe. People have the right to choose the one they like most.”

“When the Ballon d'Or eludes you, everyone reacts in their own way. But when you are a top athlete, you always want to win.”

“It is exceptional to win the Ballon d'Or four years in a row, and win another 10 years after the first, it puts into perspective the longevity of my career,” added the South American. “It's hard to stay competitive for a decade. I was lucky to be able to do it.”

:thumbsup: Insult CR being level.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Katia throwing shade at VVD who finished above CR7 HAHAHA what an idiot

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
VVD was telling a joke. Katia should go watch the full interview instead of being impulsive.

Screenshot-20191203-204934-Twitter.jpg

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Fuck Messy :o
Anytime there's someone who approaches CR7 and Messi's level they er on the side of giving it to Messi if Messi would be next in line....but they give it to whomever is closest to CR7.
Fuckin Modric :fp:
But I knew that they would NEVER give it to VVD because of the Bartha lab rat :head:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I personally think that liverpool success last season is because the whole team was so great.
VVD had great season, and so does Allison. Allison won lot of golden gloves in last season (EPL, UCL, Copa America, and there's one more but I forgot). Salah, Mane was great. Even TAA made Guinness record for most assist by full back in 1 season.

It was a team success instead of individual.

Messi, I think, deserve it.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I think you could make strong arguments for giving it to either of Messi and VVD. But in what world does Cristiano deserve 3rd spot? Just like when he was named Serie A player of the year. I mean anyone who watches Serie A would know that CR7 doesn’t come close to being the best player in Italy let alone the world.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
All of these quotes are disgusting. This trophy should be abolished. Football is a team sport

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Imagine caring about a balon d'or

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Il Clasico tonight. Curios to see how De Jong will handle it.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck ernesto... no Sergio no party. He is so important to Barca's play.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
it's been a 50-50 game overall

Need more goals!!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Say again? 1st half was 80-20 Real.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Long-lay has been lucky this game

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Barca playing like Kessié.
Frenkie is the only hope.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Good move by Barca. I really wished we'd go for Quique

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
meh not sure if Quique can do well
they need to do with messi and suarez what Real did wit Raul, Cassillias, Hierro....