The Rumour Commode XXXII: Raw Dog Era

Get rid of the poll?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hauge should be proud of his first season here but we can’t forget he was basically doing nothing for a stretch in his games. To be fair to him he was probably very tired after never getting a break in between seasons, but he was right to be dropped. He should have been reintroduced though.

Also left wing is theoretically strong for us on paper.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Hauge should be proud of his first season here but we can?t forget he was basically doing nothing for a stretch in his games.

They wudnt fecking pass him the ball!!! Guy was being ignored by rubbishy players.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They wudnt fecking pass him the ball!!! Guy was being ignored by rubbishy players.

He wasn?t taking players on, it was very frustrating. Just a confidence thing, he will improve. We?ve seen his ability off the dribble in some of his goals but he would always pass even in 1v1 situations. Even samu who is far less talented at least tries to dribble sometimes, even if he?s bad at it.

Trust Hauge will get better I?m just saying there was like 5 games where he was really doing nothing. Still, his value in goals off the bench makes you question Pioli nobody can argue with that.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We got to win this weekend. Anything else would be near fatal to CL aspirations.

I don't hold out much hope for Udinese-Juve. Udinese don't have much to play for. Let's see if Genoa, Cagliari and/or Sassuolo can help.

Granada had nothing to play for and they just beat Barca, preventing them from jumping to the top of the table. Anything can happen, we just need to win and take advantage.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The rest of Europe can't compete with top PL teams besides maybe Juve, Real, Barca, Atletico, Bayern, PSG and maybe Dortmund and Leipzig. The gap will keep getting bigger every season. The Superleague was badly introduced and the idea of there being teams that can't be relegated was a shit decision, but there must be a way for non-PL to get a lot more revenue.

I really hope they're still planning to do something, and I think the best option going forward is to consolidate all the domestic leagues to have a single top league at the top of the pyramid. I'm not sure why there's not much discussion of this idea, as it seems like the perfect solution to me. Each existing European domestic league would still function the way they are, but the top 18 teams get promoted to a premier division of the top non PL European teams.

Promotion and relegation would need to have some special rules, like capping the number of teams from a single league to 3 or 4. If a team drops back down then they need to kick another bottom team in that domestic league back down, so maybe that's a special playoff. Anyway, it's not as weirdly elitist as the ESL proposal, it fits the EU mandate, excludes the PL teams so you can start to bridge the gap between them. A top league of games between Bayern, PSG, Milan, Ajax, etc, that would be very entertaining to watch. And if Milan gets relegated then they're challenging for the Serie A title the next year, minus Juve and Napoli or whoever is still in the top league.

There would still be the CL as the cup competition, and maybe a domestic cup also so teams can still play for something that has national pride, to compensate for the fact that top teams no longer play in the domestic league.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
This is why I don?t understand the inactivity in last summers market. For a team that is in a deep financial hole but considers itself one of Europe?s elite, how could we not find a way to spend 50 million last last summer to win the title? We even got more money why from sales than we spent.

We knew we needed a CB, a RW and a back up striker. Everyone here was crying out for those. It should have been obvious to management. What?s the point of the season without getting those 3 players.

FFP or not AC Milan has to qualify for Champions League to get out of the rot we are in now. There is no way around that. If you need to spend 50 million to achieve that, you do just that since it?s the first step to returning to relevance.

It still blows my mind we let Leeds pay 20 million for one of the hottest wingers in Ligue 1 (esp given our Brazilian tradition and the position being the #1 we should have upgraded) and let Leicester take one of the best young defenders in the world.

Take those 2 and add a striker loan like Tammy Abraham and we would be champions by now. No way Inter would have caught us at all.

Instead we could be stuck in irrelevancy for the foreseeable future

The most logical post in a forum where usually logic does not exist.

How a club can grow? Step by step. Only steps forward.

What Milan does?
Season 1 - We start as Year 0. We get some good results only by the 2nd half of season.
Season 2 - ?Ok results came, now We are fine as we are.?
We fail...
Season 3 - Let?s start over again. Revolution...

Milan did VERY WELL after the pandemic break. Some good base existed.

What we should have done?

Aim for Scudetto for next season, we needed some investments.

With Scudetto we get - More money - ?50M+ only from CL, players will be happy to stay.

What we needed?
A strong rotational (third) midfielder - Not Tonali
A rotational (third) CB - The signing was delayed for January (we got Tomori)
A RW - Samu was trash, Saele a good back-up option.
Two fullbacks - A Theo back up, a Right-Back.

5 players, that is.
This way our team could have been almost complete, and our season would end completely different.

They weren?t ready to invest and money we had (?35M) was spent for trash.
They made an unnecessary AM change (Paqueta-Diaz) - we had other problems in the team.

Now we failed...

What now?

Revolution:

Hakan and Donnarumma leaving for free - because they are not happy without CL - Milan losing two assets (up to ?100M quality players).
Tomori and Diaz - Without CL money - Unlikely to remain.
A bunch of other players who will be sacrificed to collect money for investments.

In other words: Half of the team will be fucked up, including the core.

We had many revolutions over years, they ALWAYS destroyed us.

Maldini and Elliot should enjoy 7th place next season.

Because they refused to do ?something little? that was necessary to complete this team.

?Step 2? is always missing from Milan, we always stop after something good.

Season 2012-13 - Milan?s first half - 7th place, 2nd half - 3rd place.
19 out of 20 games unbeaten.
Many young players.

-Summer 2013 - Berlusconi makes step back - Result:Failure.

-Season 2013-14 - Milan hires Seedorf. Results improve. New players do well - Rami & Taarabt. Old players back in form: Balotelli.

-Summer 2014 - Berlusconi makes step back - Result:Failure

Season 2015-16 - Mihajlovic starts a new project: Bacca, Kucka, Romagnoli, Donnarumma & More. Support for young players. Better results than with Inzaghi - 6th place compared to 10th.

Summer 2015-16 - Berlusconi makes step back - Result:Failure

Season 2016-17 - Montella has kept all the team of Mihajlovic. Some few signings. Results improve, 3rd by mid season.

January 2017 - Montella starts experimenting and goes on free fall.
Summer 2017 - Montella & Mirabelli make the worst market ever. Result: Failure.

Now many users will reply laughing to this post. I simply don?t care. This is the truth.

Enjoy. I’m just not ready for another year 0 (revolution) after we were so close to returning on top places.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Sensible post.

Nobody is going to disagree with you bro.
This issue is that we really can do jack shit.
To some extent you need to be as Zen as Tantalis while being as passionate as (insert regular R&B poster)

The other thing is that we actually have the opportunity to put forward our own proposals/theories for what can take us forward.

Endlessly bitching about it won't help you or us or Milan.
So pls stick to your guns, post your stats and try to remember that while we are mad about our sports team not being in the position we would like, ppl are sick, starving and dying around the world....so in reality, most of us posting here and emotional about Milan (myself included) are highly privileged :)

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Nobody is going to disagree with you bro.
This issue is that we really can do jack shit.
To some extent you need to be as Zen as Tantalis while being as passionate as (insert regular R&B poster)

The other thing is that we actually have the opportunity to put forward our own proposals/theories for what can take us forward.

Endlessly bitching about it won't help you or us or Milan.
So pls stick to your guns, post your stats and try to remember that while we are mad about our sports team not being in the position we would like, ppl are sick, starving and dying around the world....so in reality, most of us posting here and emotional about Milan (myself included) are highly privileged :)

Mate, I?m not some rich guy. I give importance to politics too, and I have tried to do my part (to make things a bit better) even if not much was possible.

But anyway, good points.

Last edited:

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Selling their players to PL clubs.

579.jpg

figurine-calciatori-Palermo-2006-2007-Cavani.jpg

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We got to win this weekend. Anything else would be near fatal to CL aspirations.

I don't hold out much hope for Udinese-Juve. Udinese don't have much to play for. Let's see if Genoa, Cagliari and/or Sassuolo can help.

I was counting on Udinese GK Musso to pull something off but dude picked up his 5th yellow last game and is suspended :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The rest of Europe can't compete with top PL teams besides maybe Juve, Real, Barca, Atletico, Bayern, PSG and maybe Dortmund and Leipzig. The gap will keep getting bigger every season. The Superleague was badly introduced and the idea of there being teams that can't be relegated was a shit decision, but there must be a way for non-PL to get a lot more revenue.

I really hope they're still planning to do something, and I think the best option going forward is to consolidate all the domestic leagues to have a single top league at the top of the pyramid. I'm not sure why there's not much discussion of this idea, as it seems like the perfect solution to me. Each existing European domestic league would still function the way they are, but the top 18 teams get promoted to a premier division of the top non PL European teams.

Promotion and relegation would need to have some special rules, like capping the number of teams from a single league to 3 or 4. If a team drops back down then they need to kick another bottom team in that domestic league back down, so maybe that's a special playoff. Anyway, it's not as weirdly elitist as the ESL proposal, it fits the EU mandate, excludes the PL teams so you can start to bridge the gap between them. A top league of games between Bayern, PSG, Milan, Ajax, etc, that would be very entertaining to watch. And if Milan gets relegated then they're challenging for the Serie A title the next year, minus Juve and Napoli or whoever is still in the top league.

There would still be the CL as the cup competition, and maybe a domestic cup also so teams can still play for something that has national pride, to compensate for the fact that top teams no longer play in the domestic league.

Not a bad proposal, but from where I'm sitting the PL clubs have the least to gain from this, as they already have their cake and want to eat it too.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not a bad proposal, but from where I'm sitting the PL clubs have the least to gain from this, as they already have their cake and want to eat it too.

The whole point is to exclude the PL clubs and create a competition that can compete with and overshadow them.

This would be an EU Premier League. Brexit means Brexit.

Last edited:

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
I agree with the idea brk. I think it’s much much needed. Premier league dominance will grow rapidly year on year as the big European teams will have to cut back and the gap will grow bigger. Don’t think the local leagues will agree though unless an absolutely brilliant proposal is given to them as this league would mean serie a and la Liga /Bundesliga viewership will become less than 30% of what it is right now.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Serie a needs a rebranding and FAST or we will become too low to ever climb up again. We need more foreign owners , new stadiums and a better match day coverage , fun commentators like PL. I try to make my friends watch serie a big games so many times and they just find the coverage so fuckinh boring . Tbvh if I wasn’t a milan fan I wouldn’t be following serie a either :/

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We're on track to reach 75 points, which is usually good enough to get into the CL. Had we just won one of the unexpected losses, Spezia or Sassuolo, then the mood here would have been completely different. 3 points ahead of Napoli at this stage means we can still afford to lose a game and still have everything in our hands. Let's not shit on the team, coach and season because we're fumbling a lead that we weren't expected initially to have achieved. The goal at the start of the season was to make the CL. We're still very much in the race and anything can happen.

The Sassuolo loss was a bit random. We had enough chances to kill the game before the hour mark - and a major part of the reason for our collapse were the subs of Hakan+Rebic, which was sort of forced because of Hakan's fitness problems and Rebic being at risk of missing the Lazio game due to yellow card accumulation.

But the Spezia loss was not one bit unfortunate and that shouldn't be ignored. It exposed serious problems that have yet to be fixed or even avoided. We're still getting overrun whenever Bennacer and Hakan start - and they're still getting starts whenever available.
Theo is still a massive liability. We're still very Calabria dependent. Our counters are still mostly terrible. Our high press is still ineffective when Leao & Ibra start. Mandzukic's defensive free role is still messing with our defensive structure whenever he's playing.

Much of our problems stem from the many injuries, suspensions and COVID.
But what caused the injuries and do we believe that it won't be repeated next season? I'm not sure. I think it won't be as bad next season, due to a longer preseason and less congested fixtures. But we're seeing even the reserves getting muscle injuries after only one or two games. Our high intensity approach seems to be contributing heavily to the muscle injuries too. Another factor might be whatever it is going on at Milanello. The intensity and enthusiasm is being praised by Ibra, Pioli, Capello and others that witnessed the players train at Milanello. There were reports of players showing up, training even during off days. Perhaps it's a strictly good thing with no cons as Ibra is making it out to be, in other words the players weren't just enthusiastic about the fun parts of practice. But looking at the amount of muscle injuries in training, and how fatigued many players look in matches even with 7 days between them, I'm not so sure.

Will the injuries or the issues that were exposed and punished by Spezia continue being massive problems next season? That to me is a more important question for this team and it's strategy's future, than potentially having +3 points from the Sassuolo game.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Serie a needs a rebranding and FAST or we will become too low to ever climb up again. We need more foreign owners , new stadiums and a better match day coverage , fun commentators like PL. I try to make my friends watch serie a big games so many times and they just find the coverage so fuckinh boring . Tbvh if I wasn?t a milan fan I wouldn?t be following serie a either :/

Which fun commentators?

Italian Serie A broadcasts have/had former Milan players/coaches like Ambro, Boban and Sacchi as pundits sharing interesting insight, the same way British EPL broadcasts have guys like Neville and Carragher.
Are you comparing Indian broadcasts of EPL and Serie A?

I don't know how much the cameras can do to make the shitty Serie A turfs not look as depressing, but it seems EPL is using better calibration methods.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm hoping for an insane boost surprise win against Juve, in convincing fashion.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for an insane boost surprise win against Juve, in convincing fashion.

And Juve loses this round in which Cristina and Chillieni lose their shit and their entire team is demoralised. Some goes for printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule