The Rumour Commode XXXII: Raw Dog Era

Get rid of the poll?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's a defeat in the sense we lose a generational talent for free, but a victory both morally as a club taking a hard line stance against greedy players and agents, and financially due to the difference in renewing Donnarumma on his requested contract + agent fees, versus the outlay of Mike Maignan in transfer fee + salary.

But we didn't really lose him for free. Signing him on at his request would have meant that we're committing at least 120m+ to paying him over the next 5 years. With Maignan that number is closer to 40m, so that's around 80 million that we saved, 80 million that can be spent on the squad.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Also if there are any italian speakers here, you might want to join twitch.tv/acmilan at 18:00 CET, Maldini will be the guest today discussing everything regarding our club with other guests (usually it was in italian)

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, after winning the second place, when asked by Maldini Donnarumma he replied "I do what Mino tells me", making it clear that there were no margins for an agreement #Milan

do what raiola says

giphy.webp

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
It seems they don’t need to be italian, but many webs in Google suggested so.

096D4EF4-7C92-4F3A-A143-C79406571FB5.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
We need a couple of grandpas to lead this time team. Players like Kjaer and Ibra.

Young players will not win anything just by themselves.

Agreed, but 2 grandpas for 1 key position is not good. That's what I meant. Mandzukic experiment should be a lesson.

Just get Belotti and Cutrone ffs :-)D)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Actually, with someone like Kessie I'm down with going a little overboard. He sets such an example to the rest of the squad in game after game and if you do like Kessie, you'll be rewarded. Anyway, wrap this up ASAP.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
But we didn't really lose him for free. Signing him on at his request would have meant that we're committing at least 120m+ to paying him over the next 5 years. With Maignan that number is closer to 40m, so that's around 80 million that we saved, 80 million that can be spent on the squad.

Sure, I get that. But on the flip side we could've sold last year for something although covid would've made it difficult for us to find a replacement, and for the few buying teams out there. We end up far better off with a quality replacement so I'll lose no sleep over it.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Yes, the squad that finished second in the league and that will be reinforced with stronger attacking options is clearly a squad with European ambitions, with Pioli.

You have taken a huge general L after this successful season. Embrace Padre and apologize on your way out.

lol.png

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Are you sure that homegrown must be Italian born? I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Many webs said so. But there is Strakosha non italian in list of Lazio.

Ok so we have:

Franck Kessie
Alessio Romagnoli
Sandro Tonali
Mattia Caldara
Andrea Conti

Matteo Gabbia
Davide Calabria
Daniel Maldini
Lorenzo Colombo
Tommaso Pobega
Ale Plizzari
Marco Brescianini
Jack Olzer

As possible options. Unless we buy new players.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
After Raiola requested ?10 million a season for Gigio, Maldini tried the direct route with Donnarumma, receiving as an answer "I only do what Raiola tells me". Soon after, Raiola called Maldini to reiterate "Only I talk about the money" [Il Giornale]

Congo's heroes.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fuck Donnarumma

"I do what mino tells me" = I am a bitch, I am a coward

Does he have no pride, integrity or respect??? Would his father be proud that this comment has been publicised ?

Utterly shameless. What an absolute pathetic little man

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually, with someone like Kessie I'm down with going a little overboard. He sets such an example to the rest of the squad in game after game and if you do like Kessie, you'll be rewarded. Anyway, wrap this up ASAP.

What did you think of Kessie in 2019?

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
After Raiola requested ?10 million a season for Gigio, Maldini tried the direct route with Donnarumma, receiving as an answer "I only do what Raiola tells me". Soon after, Raiola called Maldini to reiterate "Only I talk about the money" [Il Giornale]

Maldini asked snake for the final time if he was ready to be a man or not. Donna answered like a spoiled brat and Maldini moved on the sign Big Mike XL like a boss. Absolutely glorious.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Nice little gem of a tweet:
Quote:
It should go something like this:

- Maldini: Frank, do you want 4 million?
- Kessie: Paolo, do we make 5?
- Maldini: No Frank, let's do 6.

@Grasiento

That is a gem! Forza Il Presidente!:heart:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sure, I get that. But on the flip side we could've sold last year for something although covid would've made it difficult for us to find a replacement, and for the few buying teams out there. We end up far better off with a quality replacement so I'll lose no sleep over it.

I think Raiola always wanted to run down his contract. No team will want to pay the salary, the transfer fee and the commission. Without the transfer fee Raiola can go overboard with his commission and it would be acceptable. I really don't think selling Donarumma in the summer was a viable option for us, regardless of the market conditions because of the pandemic.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, he is obviously a great coach for the league - Europe not so much - but we'd have to give into everything he wants. His history most recently with Chelsea and now Inter with how he handles such situations isn't something a club like us could let happen. Very primadonna attitude at the end of the day, running away like you said at the first time things don't go his way.

Clearly a big step up from Pioli but is it really worth the hassle when other top coaches would join Milan in a year or two if we can continuously secure CL and increase revenues?

Pioli has been a good coach between squad and management. He didnt complain and worked with what resources are to his availability. I see lots of downsides about Pioli moving forward in term of performance and prestige but for the moment such collaborative coach is quite important to have around.

A type-coach like Conte will push management for signings tailored to his vision and wants to get them on board despite higher wage demands which arent in line with our internal wage structure. Club is the one who takes lead on these matters. Finding a collaborative coach with a higher profile than Pioli will be key. I'm thinking - Allegri?

European ambitions with the current squad? and with Pioli?
:lol:

Of course, we wont win the UCL. Even getting out of the group stage is ambition at this point. I'll be happy with round of 16, extremely content with quarters.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I think Raiola always wanted to run down his contract. No team will want to pay the salary, the transfer fee and the commission. Without the transfer fee Raiola can go overboard with his commission and it would be acceptable. I really don't think selling Donarumma in the summer was a viable option for us, regardless of the market conditions because of the pandemic.

I think if Juve would've ended in EL then Snake would've accepted our offer cause that would mean a potential new employee would be off the table and he wouldnt really have many options left..but im glad it ended this way

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
But you must've at the very least liked Hakan post-lockdown until toward the end of 2020 when he was performing at a high level? :D

Yeah a little. Did it last tho?

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
If i understand correctly, the amortized costs of Maignan's transfer is about 3 mil per year (15 mil, 5 years), then combined with salary of roughly 5 mil gross per year, would amount to a total costs of 8 mil per year.

that is still an even cheaper operation compared to dollar's current salary right? roughly 2-3 mil savings already! if compared to the requested amount, then we're talking at least 10 mil savings.

great decision by Maldini without (hopefully) compromising too much on quality.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Many webs said so. But there is Strakosha non italian in list of Lazio.

Ok so we have:

Franck Kessie
Alessio Romagnoli
Sandro Tonali
Mattia Caldara
Andrea Conti

Matteo Gabbia
Davide Calabria
Daniel Maldini
Lorenzo Colombo
Tommaso Pobega
Ale Plizzari
Marco Brescianini
Jack Olzer

As possible options. Unless we buy new players.

The club list is starting to get a little thin. Calabria, Gabbia and maybe Maldini are for sure staying. Then one from the rest of the list, maybe Pobega? Or Plizzari as the third choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule