The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finror

Casual AC Milan connoisseur
Reaction score
How I feel about our current situation with all those injuries

05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You guys are blowing that out of proportions. Also recover time is not the same for normal people and professional athletes with the best (in our case this is a stretch :D) doctors

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Saudis are buying Inter as well. The reported figure is around 1 billion.

Daniele Longo confirming the report.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
[MN] Injured/missing players:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (achilles inflammation - individual training)
Davide Calabria (recovering - individual training)
Alessandro Florenzi (after surgery)
Mike Maignan (after surgery)
Alessandro Plizzari (after surgery)
Theo Hernandez (Covid-19)
Tiemou? Bakayoko (muscle problem)
Rade Krunic (muscle problem)
Junior Messias (muscle problem)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Staveley initially hit the tabloid headlines after dating Prince Andrew, Duke of York, in 2003.

interesting...

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
The Saudis are buying Inter as well. The reported figure is around 1 billion.

Daniele Longo confirming the report.

Meanwhile we can't afford to buy top players without a stadium (no biggie) but also can't afford to pay last season's best midfielder 5m to keep him :lol::fp:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
PSG offering Mbappe ?225 MILLION contract to reject Real Madrid

As wrong as this is... still love to be in a position to offer this ourselves.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well it could only reveal how ambitious our masters are and how skilled our management team is. Are we really superior if Inter falls apart and Juve drops off the pace - Is Napoli and Roma now our supposed equals?

Some run around this forum screaming the money is there, management is great, scouting will replace any losses and we will unearth stars and they will become global phenoms here.
Here is another maxim - money wins out.

A strong Inter and Juve can only reveal how far this Milan will go to sit at the top again and if it happens sooner rather than later then all the better. Struggling along while everyone else falters doesnt mean your flying high...you have just chosen to believe a story fed to you.

If we are that good then we move forward as others do and then we win out when it matters most.

The same things were said when Ladri started picking up points in 2010. 'Strong juventus -> strong Milan -> strong league' bla bla bla bullshit. As a result - 10 years of total dominance and Milan being in the mud for 7 years.

Elliott are never going to fight against a club owned by Saudi Arabia. Probably no club in the world can bar City and PSG who are owned by... Qatar and Abu Dhabi. Elliott didn't buy Milan. Therefore saying 'reveal how far this Milan will go to sit at the top again' is completely irrelevant. Elliott acquired Milan because they lent money to a moron who can't use a calculator, not because they want to bring Milan back to glory.

If merda are bought by Saudis we will never touch silverware again. Ladri will have 2 more years of transition before forming a great team again and if we have a merda team run like City, then we will be fighting for the 3rd place till eternity.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barcelona worried about Newcastle interference in Dembele contract talks

:lol::lol::lol: So it begins...

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
What a disaster from our medical team. He should have already been 10 days into recovery now.

I hope our Champions League hopes are not finished by Tatarusanu howlers in the next 2 games against Porto

:thumbsup:

It's funny how bruh's acknowledge our medical team's incompetence yet can't do the same regarding Paolo's contract renewals or inability to cash in on our biggest assets :lol:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
So happy Theo is vaccinated. He could have gotten covid, sicker than he is now, transmitted the WuFlu or even died. I have lots of evidence of this
Yay vaccines :)
#SafeAndEffective

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
So happy Theo is vaccinated. He could have gotten covid, sicker than he is now, transmitted the WuFlu or even died. I have lots of evidence of this
Yay vaccines :)
#SafeAndEffective

giphy-downsized.gif

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Nesta, Shevchenko, Kaka, Inzaghi
I thought last season's severe injury crisis could not happen again, oh how I was wrong... and already in October... :lol: Such bad luck with covid though

and how the entire medical staff from the so called Milan Lab has not been fired by now is beyond my comprehension. What the f... is happening over there??

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I thought last season's severe injury crisis could not happen again, oh how I was wrong... and already in October... :lol: Such bad luck with covid though

and how the entire medical staff from the so called Milan Lab has not been fired by now is beyond my comprehension. What the f... is happening over there??

It happened after 9 games played. It's crazy to have 10 players injured after 9 games played :fp: Some of them (Calabria, Ibrahimovic) are already in their 2nd recovery period.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a disaster from our medical team. He should have already been 10 days into recovery now.

Players tend to postpone surgeries until the end of the season or after a World Cup or some other prioritized competition or match.

Maignan waited with the surgery until he returned from the French NT.
You think that's what Milan or it's medical team wanted?

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It happened after 9 games played. It's crazy to have 10 players injured after 9 games played :fp: Some of them (Calabria, Ibrahimovic) are already in their 2nd recovery period.

Absolutely ridiculous

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
The same things were said when Ladri started picking up points in 2010. 'Strong juventus -> strong Milan -> strong league' bla bla bla bullshit. As a result - 10 years of total dominance and Milan being in the mud for 7 years.

Elliott are never going to fight against a club owned by Saudi Arabia. Probably no club in the world can bar City and PSG who are owned by... Qatar and Abu Dhabi. Elliott didn't buy Milan. Therefore saying 'reveal how far this Milan will go to sit at the top again' is completely irrelevant. Elliott acquired Milan because they lent money to a moron who can't use a calculator, not because they want to bring Milan back to glory.

If merda are bought by Saudis we will never touch silverware again. Ladri will have 2 more years of transition before forming a great team again and if we have a merda team run like City, then we will be fighting for the 3rd place till eternity.

But but Maldini said :cry::cry::cry:
- This is why I want to see what is truly going to happen when Elliot arent seen as great stewards guiding us back to the top. If pushed do they provide more funding to make our more efficient setup compete with the uber rich, do they sell the club to another uber rich owner and allow Milan to move forward or do they continue the "process" and Maldini walks away.

If Inter fall apart and Juve continues to decline then Elliot stay in this holding pattern and maybe Milan never actually tries to shoot for the stars. IMHO strength of other clubs will make our current path clearer than their mediocrity.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
But but Maldini said :cry::cry::cry:
- This is why I want to see what is truly going to happen when Elliot arent seen as great stewards guiding us back to the top. If pushed do they provide more funding to make our more efficient setup compete with the uber rich, do they sell the club to another uber rich owner and allow Milan to move forward or do they continue the "process" and Maldini walks away.

If Inter fall apart and Juve continues to decline then Elliot stay in this holding pattern and maybe Milan never actually tries to shoot for the stars. IMHO strength of other clubs will make our current path clearer than their mediocrity.

Dont worry, elliott has good PR in Brk & goodfella.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Haven't been up to date with Milan news because there usually isn't much that goes on at the club level during these boring international breaks

Then I see we're signing Mirante and think it's kind of weird ....only to find out Mike's out for a while...and then I find out Theo has COVID and will miss time...and then I find out Messias is back injured....and Calabria is injured too? What the actual fuck is going on?

Will Mirante need 2 weeks of personalized fitness training to get going like Messias? :fp:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Nah, the only PR they need is to keep playing great football, breaking records and developing youngsters into world class talents at the youngest team in Europe.

boss85

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Elliot's intentions will be clearer after the Kessie saga is over. Losing one of our best players before he has even hit his prime would be an extremely bad sign. We already lost Donnarumma, which was not great but not the end of the world, while on the other hand Hakan was crap and Romagnoli is not a "must renew" as he is not a crucial player so that was/would be ok. but losing Kessie would be a significant clue that they have no intention of bringing Milan back to the top of Europe.

The final verdict will come once Theo, Leao, Bennacer and co. are due for an extension, if they are not payed what they are worth, it will be a final confirmation that Elliot treat us as a Red Bull Milan (without the sales :D). Whether for long term or until a rich buyer comes will remain to be seen.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
- the koolaid is super sweet for some of them

Overall I am happy with the footing they have put us on but sometimes the overexuberance in here y some about the greater path we are on is a bit grating. Lets win first and retain some of that talent to win again before we laud them so highly.

My first lesson came after MM signed and then nickel and diming the rest of the summer. Waiting to see the outcomes of the next round of crucial signings / renewals.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Elliot's intentions will be clearer after the Kessie saga is over. Losing one of our best players before he has even hit his prime would be an extremely bad sign. We already lost Donnarumma, which was not great but not the end of the world, while on the other hand Hakan was crap and Romagnoli is not a "must renew" as he is not a crucial player so that was/would be ok. but losing Kessie would be a significant clue that they have no intention of bringing Milan back to the top of Europe.

The final verdict will come once Theo, Leao, Bennacer and co. are due for an extension, if they are not payed what they are worth, it will be a final confirmation that Elliot treat us as a Red Bull Milan (without the sales :D). Whether for long term or until a rich buyer comes will remain to be seen.

Exactly, these contract extensions and lack of are a clear indication. I think Eliot have done a great job getting us financially stable again but to go to the next level we need new owners. Contracts need sorted all over the team and they are not being finalised I believe because there isn't a long term project

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Exactly, these contract extensions and lack of are a clear indication. I think Eliot have done a great job getting us financially stable again but to go to the next level we need new owners. Contracts need sorted all over the team and they are not being finalised I believe because there isn't a long term project

Don't worry

That's exactly what an institution like Elliot do.

They make the balance sheet & PnL healthy,
Then sell for profits.

During the process, you can't risk the balance sheet by having bigger Opex. So it all makes sense, no overpriced players for now.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

As a potential investment who do you think is a better investment. A Milan that?s constantly in the CL, maybe with a scudetto win and a bunch of really valuable youngsters with a wage budget that?s lower than the top 6 in the league and ZERO DEBTS, or Inter who have an ageing squad witth mountains of debt and a lower international profile? I know who I?ll put my money on as being more attractive.

What has been done in the past two years has fixed almost all of the rot that has set in the past 10 years. If you all can?t see this, not sure what I can say to convince you otherwise.

Obviously they don?t want to own the team long term. They found an undervalued asset, fixed it, and now will be looking to sell when conditions improve. A covid depressed climate isn?t the best time, and we still haven?t secured the stadium. Once those are done I?m sure they?ll start an auction and we?ll be sold to a consortium or a big time owner or whoever. By that time we?ll be back at the big table.

Signing Kessie, the constant injuries, all the little day to day things we focus on sometimes blind us to the big picture. Step back and look at how different this Milan is now from 2, 5 or 10 years ago. It?s a professionally run club now. We?re not a joke anymore. That doesn?t happen by accident.

Also I’ll be very careful about wanting someone like MBS as an owner. There aren’t many more petty and vindictive leaders around. He’s rich, has enormous power, but the sheer number of colossal blunders and miscalculations he’s made in the past few years has been really impressive. I know for sure I’d want a steadier hand at the wheel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule