The Rumour Commode XXXV: Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just to make that clear: Marco Asensio is not Suso, or Samu.

Left-footed not overly fast Spanish player known for scoring long shots

Are we sure it's not Suso? I imagine a lot of his possessions that don't result golazos aren't that pretty

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
It’s a shame we have a salary cap (kind of) as there’s so many quality players available for free this summer that would plug all of our gaps…

Pogba
Dybala
Dembele
Suarez
Mbappe
Bale
Rudiger
Kamara
Modric
Jesse Lingard :lol:

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
Still better than relying on Diaz and the pub player…
Oh yeah I can't disagree with that :)

But it's a matter of risk and long term planning vs. short term success.

Basically you would be gambling that
(a) the quality improvement from Faivre and Jamse is significatn enough
(b) the scudetto race would be open enough for us to compete (who knew even in winter that Napoli and Inter would be loosing so many points)
(c) those 2 players do not flop and become long term financial liability

If everything goes right - those 2 become quality additions to the squad, we win scudetto, we get more money, more prestige, better CL group, etc.
But if it doesnt, then we are stuck with 2 useless players (one on huge salary), we spent money on them which we could have invested in better talents, our plan gets significantly derailed.

My risk assesment of this might be much different than yours, but for me this is clearly not a good gambit. The improvement of quality is there but is not good enough to guarantee anything and to outweigh the risk.

With MMM approach we might miss out know, but we are on track for the future.

(Ofc this is all hindsight, in winter I wanted Faivre too.)

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Too bad Kojima is long gone from Konami. Could've had some mind-fuck training kit designs from him.

namorov

High functioning Milanista
Reaction score
45m over 7 years

For reference, United makes 20m per year on their training kit lol
I dont know how that comares to other teams of or statue, but is that good strategy to sign such long term contracts with sponsors when we are on the raise? Our value to the sponsors could be very different in 2-3 years. Not that I know anything about finances, but that stinks of inflating revenue for potential buyers, more than finding best deal for the club. Or maybe it's just trying to finance investment in the stadium idk.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
So it seems its a big shame Sanchez deal didnt go through in the winter... would be if great help.

Milan needs to sell Saele and make plusvalenza! Not buy Messuas and buy Asensio, Origi and Scamacca. That would be a significant leap in quality.

Saele is a good player but not an attacking rw. Somewhere in 352nor 442 he would do well..

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
meh. I don know which possition he is. He earn to much and injury prone.

He can play anywhere across the front line (RW/AM/CF/SS) so could be the experienced versatile profile we’re looking for plus he’s available for free.

Just give him Romagnoli’s salary + half of what Ibra’s currently earning so there’s zero impact to the books.

Origi (free), Dybala (free) + Botman (25m) leaves us 30m+ to find the RW equivalent of Leao.

Having said that, there’s ZERO possibility of this actually happening :lol:

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I dont know how that comares to other teams of or statue, but is that good strategy to sign such long term contracts with sponsors when we are on the raise? Our value to the sponsors could be very different in 2-3 years. Not that I know anything about finances, but that stinks of inflating revenue for potential buyers, more than finding best deal for the club. Or maybe it's just trying to finance investment in the stadium idk.

Its not great strategy to sign long term deals but i dont think we can be picky. We were mismanaged fod decades. They re looking to boost revenue, maybe this ll put more pressure on emirates and puma for better deals. Considering our main sponsor pay 14M we can be pleased with 7M for training kits.

And probably there re terms at which we can cancel the deal. Anyway its great thing they re working so much in marketing department. Untill we get stadium every cent s important.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Konami will be official training kit sponsor, this is will exclusive deal with fifa was terminated.

As long as we're not named FC Milan in the next Fifa I'm okay. The exclusive partnership didn't bring us a boost on our players valutations unfortunately or more/better player faces. As long as we don't sign an exclusive contract with Konami I'm fine.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
45m over 7 years

For reference, United makes 20m per year on their training kit lol
Ofc we don't get as much as some other clubs, especially in EPL everything is overpaid.
But even few millions more per year can make a difference for us. We do have a few sponsors now who all pay a few millions, in total that also provides some good revenue and even 5 million more can mean we already get exactly the player we want/need.

I'm sure we'll get better deals at some point, but for the start this is not bad. We had shit management in the banter era, takes some time to improve the overall finances. It's good to see the management committed and doing something.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Vitiello: More and more confirmations also from Spain, new contacts expected in the coming days. There is an ongoing dialogue for #Asensio - #Milan

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
As long as we're not named FC Milan in the next Fifa I'm okay. The exclusive partnership didn't bring us a boost on our players valutations unfortunately or more/better player faces. As long as we don't sign an exclusive contract with Konami I'm fine.
I hope they spite Mayor Sala and name the club AC Sesto and play in San Sesto stadium.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Diaz out, Asensio in?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maybe we go into the summer with a 100m warchest?

That should make Botman, Sanches, Asensio, Origi and Scamacca possible. Assuming Ibra retires.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Left-footed not overly fast Spanish player known for scoring long shots

Are we sure it's not Suso? I imagine a lot of his possessions that don't result golazos aren't that pretty
Miraculous left foot, nothing more

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hate Oliver at sempremilan.com, the guy doesn't know how to write. This is an actual sentence about Brahim:

"Santos goes on to add that there is purchase option on the part of Milan and that it is a dry loan, which is contrary to what reports in Italy have suggested since the deal was done."

So is there a buy option or is it a dry loan? Which one is it you moron?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Yeah, Botman over Origi for me. Botman will be world class. But unlike some here I'm actually very happy with Origi.

This team will not be about that single attacker, but a philosophy. And until we can afford the new Benzema I really like the idea of a highly athletic, versatile and smart striker like Origi.

And another thing. Despite his career numbers so far I think he might be a player who CAN explode and score 20 in Serie A. The right talents honed in the right environment can produce awesome results. In my opinion we have an ideal environment for someone with his talents to perform.
About Origi, you said it perfectly. Me Adding anything to it would diminish it.

Botman the Lille player, I’m not so hot on but if Botman becomes the Botman of AC Milan, I’ll become his biggest Cheerleader. You will never see someone switch so fast. Lightning will be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule