The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Both incredibly unlikeable. I think Mirabelli bothers me more however with just how incredibly deluded he is
After 5 years of living it up off his ill-gotten Milan salary, he's finally run out of money and been forced to take a job more suitable to his level...in Serie C with Padova :lol::lol:

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lol, wtf

Yeah, surely Maldini refused to get Benzema or Haaland and chose Pellegri/Lazetic because he's a pedo-SD and not because of our limited budget :fp: :lol:

MMM have proven they are smart and calculated and they will continue to be so with a 300m budget. If the right move is to spend and get Salah instead of Berardi/Antony/otheryoungRW, they will do so

Youre not understanding im not doubting Maldini and Massara. But objectively i can see how a new owner could go in either direction.

Man city can afford any player, yet they chose grealish over lets say Ronaldo. On the other hand PSG spent stupid wages on some big name players that didn’t necessarily make them better as a team but definitely grew their global brand.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Youre not understanding im not doubting Maldini and Massara. But objectively i can see how a new owner could go in either direction.

Man city can afford any player, yet they chose grealish over lets say Ronaldo. On the other hand PSG spent stupid wages on some big name players that didn’t necessarily make them better as a team but definitely grew their global brand.
IIRC Leonardo went straight from Inter's bench to being PSG Sporting Director (with no prior experience) after the Qatari's took over so I don't see any reason why Investcorp wouldn't retain MMM who have far more experience combined under their belts.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Leo had prior experience working under Galliani though but I got your point

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Leo had prior experience working under Galliani though but I got your point
True but it was more taking notes with :g: calling all the shots whereas Maldini has been in charge for 2+ years and Massara has been an SD for 10+ years. Also, they've delivered strong sporting results with the transfer budget they've been given plus most signings have significantly appreciated in value i.e. Kalulu/Saele both went from 0/6m to 20m. In other words, they're a new owners dream especially given Maldini's history with Milan.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
How lucky are we that Sandro Tonali exist and that he plays for Milan.

Only 21 and already a club legend.

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
After 5 years of living it up off his ill-gotten Milan salary, he's finally run out of money and been forced to take a job more suitable to his level...in Serie C with Padova :lol::lol:

How did Mirabelli and Fassone even end up at Milan? As bad as they both were, they did well to somehow con their way into the great AC Milan and blow $200 million plus. I'll give them that much.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
How did Mirabelli and Fassone even end up at Milan? As bad as they both were, they did well to somehow con their way into the great AC Milan and blow $200 million plus. I'll give them that much.
Yonghong Li himself was a con artist...
I am grateful that now our worries about Milan are limited to who should be the replacement for Saelemaekers or Diaz.. back then the whole club's existence was in question..

Il Barone

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato, Zlatan, Tonali
Too easy:

:)

It really shows how Leao has bulked up. He's become a monster both physically and technically AND he still has an impressive speed both with and without the ball.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I think Leao is showing progress every season he plays with us. He has the talent to be elite, world-class, no doubt. A big part of that is to be able to last the full 90, another is experience, coaching, but I am interested to see Leao when he's not the sole focus of a team's defensive strategy.

Messias played really well today, not like, "let's buy him and keep him" well, but just, a good game from our RW, and it stretched out Lazio so much--even with Brahim having another terrible game.

He can become elite, he has to put in the work, and he is, he's improving his end product from last year, I think improving his stamina will make a huge difference. I don't think he's inferior to Vinicius, but, Vinicius can run for 90+ minutes, Leao can't. He needs to improve that, because I think some of his choices late game are because he's tired, not because he's lazy or whatever. He's making worse choices than he normally would because he's tired sooner than he should.
Leao need to play into a certain tactic.
He just feel the need to carry the team on his shoulders so what we see is him either going for a goal or an assist but he rarely is a part of a proper build up where he contribute in a simple pass or a lay up etc...
How fucking insane for him to have a one two with an attacking mid where he doesnt need to dribble that player & waste needed energy.
Man , i cant wait for next season when we will have an AM & a working RW just to see what will Leao do.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont know for you guys but for me this season Kalulu>Tomori as CB
Tomori pre-injury was a beast, after his surgery Kalulu has edged him

But overall I'd say Tomori has still been better

Too easy:

:)

I know it was called off (probably wrongfully) but this is my pick

Suso goes back to his gaming chair if he tries this

Leao need to play into a certain tactic.
He just feel the need to carry the team on his shoulders so what we see is him either going for a goal or an assist but he rarely is a part of a proper build up where he contribute in a simple pass or a lay up etc...
How fucking insane for him to have a one two with an attacking mid where he doesnt need to dribble that player & waste needed energy.
Man , i cant wait for next season when we will have an AM & a working RW just to see what will Leao do.
I tend to lean towards that being his instructions from Pioli, after all, he is the only attacker on the team capable of doing this. If he's one on one with his defender it is more than likely going to result in a decent chance created for the team

Can't wait to see him with someone like Adli who can find him on runs behind

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I asked for a Leao rocket in the last game...and sure he unleashed a furious shot at the keeper....it got parried away but fuck me if that had gone in :eek:

That and the Messias attempt would have been highlight reel stuff.

The last game shows how much better Leao can be in his link up play. If he and Theo had found the attack better, we'd have scored more. Theo and Leao still don't have the connection that Theo and Rebic did.

I don't know about you guys but I like Messias. He's not a world beater by any means but he has a little bit of special in him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I like Messias. He's not a world beater by any means but he has a little bit of special in him.
Yeah the way people talk about him it's like he's on the same level as Saelemakers.

I think we should keep Messias as backup for the new RW.

Saelemakers is just bad, also really shitty attitude.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Yeah the way people talk about him it's like he's on the same level as Saelemakers.

I think we should keep Messias as backup for the new RW.

Saelemakers is just bad, also really shitty attitude.
Not the worst idea in the world.

Saele could be a nice plusvalenza this summer.

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Haha brilliant, now that is his level

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I mean its just insane how we gave those 2 scrubs a job

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Klopp on Origi after scoring in the derby on the weekend...

"“A player like him will never fail us because if he starts, he will explode wherever he goes. He is a world-class forward, he is a legend and will remain a legend forever."

Straight from the horses mouth and EXACTLY what I've been saying since day one...he will explode once he gets regular playing (and we upgrade the team accordingly).

CASE CLOSED.
Case closed

this is an RnB copyrighted phrase by the General

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
The words "i think we should keep Messias" should never be spoken. Not only is he not good enough (and old and more likely to decline than improve), it would mean if Saelemakers refuses to leave (very likely) we'll be stuck with the same RW line-up as this season.

We would go from having the chance to sign an RW instantly if the opportunity presents itself to having to waste weeks/months trying to sell Saelemakers and Samu before being able to do anything on that position. A nightmare.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Messias is not good enough for a Scudetto team, not even for the bench. He's an actual Crotone player and Crotone is a Serie C team. I feel like people are rating him too much because of a romanticized backstory and because his qualities are seen relative to Sales. Messias is relatively direct which in turn leads to some end product but really the amount of forgettable and sometimes horrible games he's had are too many. For months he wouldn't even get close to goal and when he did at least reach the end of the box he'd shoot a tame shot right at the keeper. He had a good game last night but lets not act like he was phenomenal because he beat his man once or twice and had a good cross (can't remember if he actually did). He also missed a sitter a meter from the goal. Who knows which Messias turns up next week.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Mesias s better than salad. Case closed. I mean imagine keeping salad. We buy jesus, gets injured. Here comes salad again. I dont want to watch him ever again. Includenhim in some deal, sell. Anything.

And whose idea was to put him on rw?? Wasnt he rb at young age??

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Mesias s better than salad. Case closed. I mean imagine keeping salad. We buy jesus, gets injured. Here comes salad again. I dont want to watch him ever again. Includenhim in some deal, sell. Anything.

And whose idea was to put him on rw?? Wasnt he rb at young age??
Messias is not a Milan player. Just because we have Salad doesn't mean we need to buy Messias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule