brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
FSdKfagX0AA0pF-

Love this photo. Radiates confidence.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Definitely a quality raising player. No just ability, I Also like his attitude. He plays with that Kjaer mean face. They’re very likable but very serious on the field.
Maldini is building a monstrous team. With the big mentality monster leaving soon he made sure he brought In a bunch of little monsters/warriors to carry the load Fik, Maignan, soon hopefully Sanches…

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Definitely a quality raising player. No just ability, I Also like his attitude. He plays with that Kjaer mean face. They’re very likable but very serious on the field.
Maldini is building a monstrous team. With the big mentality monster leaving soon he made sure he brought In a bunch of little monsters/warriors to carry the load Fik, Maignan, soon hopefully Sanches…
Tonali + Bennacer seem like they don’t get fazed. Leao got a yellow and got pissed and took charge of the game. We are really monstrous, mentally. Ibra’s work is done.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Spoke to a Liverpool fan Friend. He said he thinks origi can match Abraham in serie a. That would make us clear champions next season
I think he is a better player. But will probably score less because 1. he’d have to share minutes and 2. Our way of playing spread the goals among our front players (and Theo)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Spoke to a Liverpool fan Friend. He said he thinks origi can match Abraham in serie a. That would make us clear champions next season
I think our weaknesses this year are CB cover, RW quality, a CF that can both run and hold up, and a competent AM.

Seems like all of those issues will be solved in the summer. The fact that most of our key players are in the 22-24 age range I’d say we’re about to enter a dynastic period for the club where anything but a dominating Serie A title win each season will be seen as a failure.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Tonali + Bennacer seem like they don’t get fazed. Leao got a yellow and got pissed and took charge of the game. We are really monstrous, mentally. Ibra’s work is done.
100%
I wanted to add a “quiet, but I will destroy you” category. With them 2 and Kalulu.

Then we can continue with a psycho (at least, vibes) Rebic

Then 2 agitators, Theo and Saelemaekers 😂

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he is a better player. But will probably score less because 1. he’d have to share minutes and 2. Our way of playing spread the goals among our front players (and Theo)
I kept an eye on Theo all game when I was at San Siro. It’s shocking how high he was playing almost every time we had possession. He was literally at the offside line all the time, he was our wide left winger.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think our weaknesses this year are CB cover, RW quality, a CF that can both run and hold up, and a competent AM.

Seems like all of those issues will be solved in the summer. The fact that most of our key players are in the 22-24 age range I’d say we’re about to enter a dynastic period for the club where anything but a dominating Serie A title win each season will be seen as a failure.
agree, especially rw and am,just imagine rw that can do 60-70% of what leao does or am that is capable to score amd assist.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I kept an eye on Theo all game when I was at San Siro. It’s shocking how high he was playing almost every time we had possession. He was literally at the offside line all the time, he was our wide left winger.
and add that he is now very good defender,just crazy.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we shouldnt look to printer,just play our game,atalanta are on decline mostly on stamina,so with mids like benna tonali kessie we should press them.
It's going to be a very tough game

Atalanta is still playing for Europe and has always performed at the San Siro

every bit helps

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Gazzetta - Milan-Investcorp: the financial structure is being defined​

In the negotiation between Elliott and Investcorp for Milan, the fundamental point remains the financial structure that is being defined: as La Gazzetta dello Sport explains, the vast majority of the resources would be used by the Bahrain fund (among its shareholders it has the sovereign fund of Abu Dhabi, but could also raise resources from some wealthy families in the Persian Gulf and from other investors such as the American financial group Ares Capital), while only a small part would come from a bank bridging loan.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think the reasons for being skeptical about Botman arriving because Pierrefik is doing wonderful are a bit short sighted.

This is what creating power teams look like. It's what we failed to do on the tailend of the Silvio reign. Players need to continue to arrive of the highest quality. You make every position competitive, the last few seasons have taught us that everyone will see plenty of minutes. I welcome Sven Botman with open arms, I think he completes the CB department. He arrives in the perfect position to succeed, little pressure to be the "saving angel" and with long term trust from the club.

Compared to earlier seasons we seem to have a pretty clear cut mercato from the outset, if both Botman and Sanches get confirmed after Origi. That would actually lower my pulse to barely awake levels. We would be well situated to deal with exits and stack the squad accordingly with some new smart names.

Glad Florenzi is likely to stick around. Feel good player and personality.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really think Origi and Adli will fit this squad like a glove and have brilliant debut seasons. Adli offers that vision and passing are desperately missing and Origi will bring pace, movement, and clinical shooting upfront

Renato is a considerable upgrade from Kessie. I never liked the Kessie and Tonali pairing, it is too defensive. Renato will be the best "attacking" DM Milan has to offer

Botman I'm not so sure about, but he fills a weakness. He certainly makes the team stronger and can rotate with Kalulu depending on the opposing team's strengths

Excellent start to the mercato imo

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I think the reasons for being skeptical about Botman arriving because Pierrefik is doing wonderful are a bit short sighted.

This is what creating power teams look like. It's what we failed to do on the tailend of the Silvio reign. Players need to continue to arrive of the highest quality. You make every position competitive, the last few seasons have taught us that everyone will see plenty of minutes. I welcome Sven Botman with open arms, I think he completes the CB department. He arrives in the perfect position to succeed, little pressure to be the "saving angel" and with long term trust from the club.

Compared to earlier seasons we seem to have a pretty clear cut mercato from the outset, if both Botman and Sanches get confirmed after Origi. That would actually lower my pulse to barely awake levels. We would be well situated to deal with exits and stack the squad accordingly with some new smart names.

Glad Florenzi is likely to stick around. Feel good player and personality.

At the moment, I think a CB’s arrival is something that will be discussed at the end of the season after all the celebrations are over and the dust settles.
Kjaer is returning, and Kalulu kicked the beehive super hard.
The cards have been reshuffled. Whoever they get will be based on these factors.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
At the moment, I think a CB’s arrival is something that will be discussed at the end of the season after all the celebrations are over and the dust settles.
Kjaer is returning, and Kalulu kicked the beehive super hard.
The cards have been reshuffled. Whoever they get will be based on these factors.
This is what I'm talking about. The presence of Kalulu, Tomori and Kjaer shouldn't exclude the signing of Botman. Three competitions, big ambitions. The strategy should stay in place, ensuring four starter capable CBs of different variety for the start of the season. Gabbia as Italian alibi.

As it stands Botman will have to pull a ticket and wait in line. He will be needed soon enough, and I don't mind him being mostly rotational and grow into a starting position.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Botman I'm not so sure about, but he fills a weakness. He certainly makes the team stronger and can rotate with Kalulu depending on the opposing team's strengths
I think his weaknesses are vastly overstated. He's one of the best CBs in Europe when it comes to aerial dominance. He's great at almost everything else, besides maybe running back in open space. That can be worked on with positioning and cover. He's left footed, he's got a great foot for a big CB, he's already a leader at a young age. Maignan himself allegedly told Pioli that with Botman we'll dominate Serie A. We'll be playing most games with a big guy and a fast guy, Kjaer/Botman and Tomori/Kalulu. Some games we can get away with Tomori + Kalulu if we're not worried about set pieces or crosses. Some games we might even go with Kjaer + Botman. Having so much flexibility is great for an innovative and prepared coach like Pioli. We don't change our system, but it's very useful to have those options to do little tweaks like we've been doing all season.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think his weaknesses are vastly overstated. He's one of the best CBs in Europe when it comes to aerial dominance. He's great at almost everything else, besides maybe running back in open space. That can be worked on with positioning and cover. He's left footed, he's got a great foot for a big CB, he's already a leader at a young age. Maignan himself allegedly told Pioli that with Botman we'll dominate Serie A. We'll be playing most games with a big guy and a fast guy, Kjaer/Botman and Tomori/Kalulu. Some games we can get away with Tomori + Kalulu if we're not worried about set pieces or crosses. Some games we might even go with Kjaer + Botman. Having so much flexibility is great for an innovative and prepared coach like Pioli. We don't change our system, but it's very useful to have those options to do little tweaks like we've be doing all season.
To compare passing stats:

1652257386441.png
Botman 2020-2021
---

1652257421391.png
Kjaer 2020-2021
---

What stands out is that Kjaer is really good at long passes (we know this well) but Botman plays a lot more progressive passes, and passes into the final third.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think his weaknesses are vastly overstated. He's one of the best CBs in Europe when it comes to aerial dominance. He's great at almost everything else, besides maybe running back in open space. That can be worked on with positioning and cover. He's left footed, he's got a great foot for a big CB, he's already a leader at a young age. Maignan himself allegedly told Pioli that with Botman we'll dominate Serie A. We'll be playing most games with a big guy and a fast guy, Kjaer/Botman and Tomori/Kalulu. Some games we can get away with Tomori + Kalulu if we're not worried about set pieces or crosses. Some games we might even go with Kjaer + Botman. Having so much flexibility is great for an innovative and prepared coach like Pioli. We don't change our system, but it's very useful to have those options to do little tweaks like we've be doing all season.
Brk,great post.

That is what makes you top team and we know that winnig scudetto is almost always about defending.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree with you mostly, his strengths complement this team perfectly. His aerial dominance and general physicality are the perfect alternative to Kalulu/Tomori

My only concern is his face of pace, especially on the left flank...sometimes Theo bombs up and the team will be caught out of position, doesn't fill me with confidence having a turtle back there

Also, I've seen people compare him to Capitano and that frankly sends shivers down my spine

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree with you mostly, his strengths complement this team perfectly. His aerial dominance and general physicality are the perfect alternative to Kalulu/Tomori

My only concern is his face of pace, especially on the left flank...sometimes Theo bombs up and the team will be caught out of position, doesn't fill me with confidence having a turtle back there

Also, I've seen people compare him to Capitano and that frankly sends shivers down my spine
Who every compered botman to romangioli is just dont know anything about game called football,
romagnioli aerial 000
botman top aerial
rom phys. 0000
botman top
rom reading the game very bad at long balls behing
botman very good at reading and tackling.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He's not a turtle. This website hilariously has him as the fastest footballer in the world. Not sure how that happened, he's obviously not faster than Tomori and Mbappe, but he's not slow.

“You just don't see players like that in the Netherlands, so I enjoy that,” Botman told Voetbalzone.

“I want to face as many different types of strikers as possible, so that I myself become more and more complete.

“I can assure you, he doesn’t just look fast on television! He surprises you on the field, because it really is not normal. I don’t think there is anyone as fast as he is at the moment.

“With him, there is always a very good chance of a goal if he can burst past you at full speed. I am not slow myself, but I have never experienced that much speed.”

I've seen a few clips of him not struggling to run back with fast wingers. Speed isn't one of his strong points obviously, but that doesn't mean it's a major weakness either. He's very well rounded and extremely good in the air.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
If Renato can stay fit for 35 games a season(including CL), we have a WC player in our hands. Knowing our fitness regiment, I have doubts about this

Agreed...Sanches is indeed an excellent young player with the potential to turn into a 50-60m player one day BUT his recent injury/playing history is very concerning...

21/22: 13 games injured, 2,127 mins played aka 24 full matches
20/21: 14 games injured, 1,653 mins played aka 18 full matches
19/20: 12 games injured, 2,060 mins played aka 23 full matches
18/19: 2 games injured, 782 mins played aka 9 full matches
17/18: 19 games injured, 895 mins played aka 10 full matches

Therefore, a player with such an inconsistent, patchy record shouldn't be given such a long term deal (ditto for Origi) and definitely shouldn't be the highest earner at the club (4.5m net). Having said that, I can understand the appeal and for 18m MMM obviously feel that it's a gamble worth taking. However, based on his track record, just don't expect him to last the entire season and prepare yourselves for him to split his time equally between San Siro and Milan Lab.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Are we Madubala yet?
Ffs it’s taking too long.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
I still am amazed how Newcastle thought it was smart business to buy Chris Wood for 25 mil GBP. Was in his last year of his contract is 30 years old..
Meanwhile we seem to be getting Renato Sanches for almost half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule