• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You are so gonna regret this.
We have OG , Ibra & Rebic to start ST.
Origi is better than all three so we would still need at least one ST that we wont ever get.
Origi is a right step in the right direction you persian cunt.
I HOPE I'm going to regret this. It won't even be regret..

But think about it, this guy's been on the Liverpool bench for like 5 years now. He's not even used that often. So I don't know what your basing your hype on. Why doesn't he get more playing time? Why does Liverpool keep bringing in player after player in his position(s)?

If it's a step in the right direction, it's a very small step. When a player accepts to sit on a bench for so long, during the best years of his career, it shows that he doesn't have a champions mentality.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Just looked him up...he's back where he belongs in SERIE C with Mirabelli @ Padova...

Fucking LOL :lol::lol::lol:

A true love story.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessie is a baller. What are you talking about?!
Well if you think this wait till we sign Renato and he starts rolling the ball w his studs more often than kessie touches it

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is Giroud not a champion because he’s accepted to be back up for majority of his career?

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Anyone here follows Portuguese league?
Why are the big clubs not going for Sporting's Pedro Goncalves? After last season when he scored 25 odd goals, i thought one of the big ones will sign him.
Anyone knows the reason?
Can play AM and RW.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

This was actually a huge game for me. I wasn't there or anything but Pippo was one of my earliest loves at Milan and I was so upset when he was left out of the CL list in that final season. Then for him to come on and score in his final game, surrounded by other senatori who were leaving too 😭 I cried a lot watching my shitty stream at home.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Really would love to know how much the agent commissions are in the Kessie deal.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I HOPE I'm going to regret this. It won't even be regret..

But think about it, this guy's been on the Liverpool bench for like 5 years now. He's not even used that often. So I don't know what your basing your hype on. Why doesn't he get more playing time? Why does Liverpool keep bringing in player after player in his position(s)?

If it's a step in the right direction, it's a very small step. When a player accepts to sit on a bench for so long, during the best years of his career, it shows that he doesn't have a champions mentality.
I repeat we need at least two new ST & there is no way we are gonna buy two 30-50$mil ST.
I really doubt we have that money to buy one.
And even if we can afford to buy a 50mil player then a RW is more important than a ST.

So when a player like Origi is free then you go for him.
Either explode , become our super sub or we sell him for profit.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I repeat we need at least two new ST & there is no way we are gonna buy two 30-50$mil ST.
I really doubt we have that money to buy one.
And even if we can afford to buy a 50mil player then a RW is more important than a ST.

So when a player like Origi is free then you go for him.
Either explode , become our super sub or we sell him for profit.
what the fuck is a player like Origi? "a player like Origi" doesn't mean anything for me.

Yes we need two ST as I hope Ibra retires and Giroud leaves, but you expect Origi to come here and sit on another bench? What does that say about him?

ST is THE MOST important position to strengthen next season, despite how shit we are at RW. I don't know how much we'll have, but if it's limited I can't understand how we're gonna spend 30-35 mil on Botman when we have two very qualified starter CB's but now ST or RW.

Anyway... I trust MMM and they of course know better. If they want Origi and Botman I'll come to terms with it, but until they're actually here I'll be hoping for a change in strategy.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
We're being linked to Nicolas Pepe for RW again...he's been riding the bench mostly this season but had two good seasons @ Arsenal before that (scored 10 league goals last year). Apparently he's available for 30m as his contract expires in 2024. I have a feeling that this is exactly the type of market opportunity that gets MMM rock hard although signing a player coming off a bad season is hit and miss i.e. Tomori/Kjaer vs Bakayoko/BT.

Personally, I think he's third choice on MMM's list after Berardi (Serie A proven) but both should be available for 10m loan + option/obligation deals.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ST is THE MOST important position to strengthen next season, despite how shit we are at RW. I don't know how much we'll have, but if it's limited I can't understand how we're gonna spend 30-35 mil on Botman when we have two very qualified starter CB's but now ST or RW.
This isn't true. I'd argue (and I think most people will agree) that RW is most in need of an upgrade. An upgrade at CF that would make a big difference will probably cost us 60m+. That doesn't sounds realistic for us this summer with all the pending deals. The opportunity we have with Origi (and/or Belotti) is to get a competent CF and spend what we can spend on Botman, Renato and a RW.

Next year, when all we need is to upgrade the CF and replace Giroud, we can spend.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what the fuck is a player like Origi? "a player like Origi" doesn't mean anything for me.
A super sub for a much better team than hours.
Best case scenario : he explode.
Minimum expectation : he become our super sub.
Worse case scenario : meh & then we sell him for 5mil/profit.
Thats what a player like Origi is.

And no i dont expect him to sit the bench.
I expect him to be given a chance to show his worth.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We're being linked to Nicolas Pepe for RW again...he's been riding the bench mostly this season but had two good seasons @ Arsenal before that (scored 10 league goals last year). Apparently he's available for 30m as his contract expires in 2024. I have a feeling that this is exactly the type of market opportunity that gets MMM rock hard although signing a player coming off a bad season is hit and miss i.e. Tomori/Kjaer vs Bakayoko/BT.

Personally, I think he's third choice on MMM's list after Berardi (Serie A proven) but both should be available for 10m loan + option/obligation deals.

AC Lille.

Kjaer, Botman, Renato, Maignan, Leao, Origi, Pepe.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This isn't true. I'd argue (and I think most people will agree) that RW is most in need of an upgrade. An upgrade at CF that would make a big difference will probably cost us 60m+. That doesn't sounds realistic for us this summer with all the pending deals. The opportunity we have with Origi (and/or Belotti) is to get a competent CF and spend what we can spend on Botman, Renato and a RW.

Next year, when all we need is to upgrade the CF and replace Giroud, we can spend.
Don't know what's true or not. These are all opinions, not facts.

My opinion is that ST is the most important position to strengthen. That doesn't mean I don't understand how shitty we are at RW.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol as a CM NOT AM...

"but but but Adli is the perfect AM for Milan because he likes to drop deep and will be even better than prime Kaka"

Meanwhile, 0g/3a in the last 20 league games for relegated Bordeaux..
In case you don't know football is a team sport. You can't expect a single player to produce miracles when he is surrounded by amateurs

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't know what's true or not. These are all opinions, not facts.

My opinion is that ST is the most important position to strengthen. That doesn't mean I don't understand how shitty we are at RW.
If there was an opportunity to get a competent player at RW for free, like how we can get one at CF with Origi and Belotti, then yeah let's do that and spend on CF. But the opportunity that's available this summer is a cheap and competent CF, not a RW. You play the cards you're dealt.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
In case you don't know football is a team sport. You can't expect a single player to produce miracles when he is surrounded by amateurs
Lol in case you don't know he's actually one of the youngest players in the squad :lol:

Also, Bordeaux finished midtable last season (12th) but are currently rock bottom so it's everybody's fault including Adli's who's the main creator @ AM.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
If there was an opportunity to get a competent player at RW for free, like how we can get one at CF with Origi and Belotti, then yeah let's do that and spend on CF. But the opportunity that's available this summer is a cheap and competent CF, not a RW. You play the cards you're dealt.
What makes Origi a competent CF? What's Belotti done the last years? (I'd rather have Belotti than Origi, because he's at least not been on a bench for 5 years).

About RW then, what are the RW opportunities that we have? Say we have 40m for RW... Berardi, Pepe?

If you say Jesus I will put you on ignore list. :o

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did Pepe explode ?
I keep hearing his name after his flop debut with Arsenal.
And if yes then the above list is amazing.
I think he's been a huge failure at Arsenal. I'm not sure he's the kind of player we need for the RW, if we want to keep playing the same way. He's a great option as an alterantive to a more balance Saelemaekers type player, but if we play Pepe all the time with Leao on the left... I think that might leave us way too unbalanced especially with no Kessie to clean up.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What makes Origi a competent CF? What's Belotti done the last years? (I'd rather have Belotti than Origi, because he's at least not been on a bench for 5 years).

About RW then, what are the RW opportunities that we have? Say we have 40m for RW... Berardi, Pepe?

If you say Jesus I will put you on ignore list. :o
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Raphinha, but I have zero imagination and infinite trust in MMM.

Origi is a competent CF because when he has played, he's been great. Belotti has been great too, not sure what you're talking about. He had an injury plagued season this year, but previously he's been playing relatively well in a usually very defensive system. They both fit the profile of what we want our CF to do. I've talked about this many times before so no need to repeat, but we do look for players that fit what the role we need them to do, more than just look at top-line stuff like goals and assists.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ST is THE MOST important position to strengthen next season
RW was the ultimate position to upgrade since two seasons now.
Even when you guys were creaming for Sale & Ibra was still Ibra i said that our RW is our bottle neck.
OG as shit as he is still miles better than Sale & Messias combined.
A good RW that support Origi or OG is mile better than a great ST supported by fuckin Sale.
ST is the most dependant position in football.
Read it again , ST is the most dependant position in football.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Recent reports have suggested that Elliott Management aren’t fully satisfied with Investcorp’s offer due to the funding of the deal, something that Il Sole 24 Ore journalist Carlo Festa has somewhat debunked.

On his Twitter profile this evening, the journalist described the recent rumours as ‘funny’ given the following: “Those who know about finance also know that no offer is entirely equity and that often the equity arrives by other means, financed by banks on higher floors”. In other words, RedBird also intend to finance their bid with loans.

Festa added that it’s clear that Elliott are keen on getting the most out of the sale, using the sale of Chelsea as a precedent: “The certainty is that Elliott – given the crazy sale of Chelsea – want a raise. Without it, they will keep the club”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule