The Rumour Commode XXXVI - Mission Accomplished Edition

Zaniolo al Milan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Im not sure many will like it but we can maybe say our midfield fir next year is done:
benna, sandro, sanchez, pobega, adli, krunic, diaz. Thats 7... if Diaz leaves someone will arrive (which I hope will happen!)
That's a good midfield but I still feel like we need a Kessie replacement and I like the idea of Witsel.

I say this especially since in the last few rounds, Kessie has dropped between our CBs to play as an extra CB and allowed the others more freedom in the midfield.

We need a CB/DM hybrid

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I saw J. Stam saying Botman will be one of the best cb's in Europe. Then I stopped thinking about that issue. Cant talk to Tesla about energy, cant talk to Stam/Maldini about cb's. Some boundaries in life eh...😁
Thats exactly my stance.
Maldini chose him & then Stam's comments & i said to myself i better STFU & just embrace him :lol:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I’m still buzzing from yesterday

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Its this one for me. Yes i am that bitter.
Dont worry, the sweet taste of maldinis semen shall Balance the bitterness out

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I lost it when he petted the guy's arm :lol: :lol: omggg
Think He was there in the milan vs fiore video as well… some technical guy not sure if opposition related

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
:lol::lol::lol: The despair, Sadness, disgust, pain on that guy next to Mauro is so enjoyable.
he could be Atalanta Affiliated.

What a fucking thrill.

If we somehow don't make it on Sunday I will disappear from the earth.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mauro like Antonio from Iftv, must be supremely annoying if you're not a Milan fan.
Antonio annoys me, I literally hate every single opinion he has. He loves Cassano, thinks Pirlo is a genius, wants Berardi, doesn't like Pioli, he's just... He is the worst.

I seriously want to go on the show to set him straight.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Correct. All of you here that don't rate Botman probably don't watch Lille outside of Champions League. Botman coming in is suppose to rejuvenate our back line BEFORE it ages and becomes a problem.
Kjaer is good, but he's no spring chicken. Romagnoli is solid, but not particularly good (plus his wages are ridiculous), and we haven't even agreed to a renewal for him yet.
Let me remind you all that recency bias has always been a thing here, as much as people also forget that form is temporary. The lot of you were all shitting on Rebic a month ago because he only contributed to a single goal against Salernitana since he came back from injury. Now that he's been healthy and contributing more, a bunch of you have changed their tune.

Barahim Diaz is also a good example. In the last 5 matches of last season, he suddenly became a world beater after the goals and assists that he bagged during the last 5 games, and yet now most of the people here are slagging him off for not performing after his bout with Covid.

Kalulu may be in the form of his life right now, but what happens when he suddenly cannot sustain that for a full season? What happens when he gets tired and starts making mistakes? You'll all be clamoring about why we didn't bring in a capable and young CB to partner Tomori.

Botman is our assurance that fans never need to complain about such a scenario, and yet here we have fans complaining about us making backup plans.

Trust the process and that Maldini and Management know what they're doing.

This is basically the other reason why any of you would not want Botman. Because you think that it will "Spread the resources" and not allow us to buy attacking talent.

Just a reminder that Rebic came to us for around 5M (plus an Andre Silva Swap, but that's besides the point, accounting), Ibra and Giroud didn't cost us an arm and a leg. Origi is coming for free. Diaz is here on a 2 year loan. Leao was our one big investment and look how that turned out before this season?

Sure we could always throw money at the problem and buy a 60M Haaland or a 70M Vlahovic and get ourselves into debt, but that is not DA MILAN.
We have always been the team to dig out talent, nurture them into superstars and then reap the benefits.

We are not above buying big names, yes, but most of the time it works horribly for us (Higuaian, Bonnucci, Essien, Fernando Torres, Huntelaar to name a few).

Again, trust the process and that Maldini & Co know what they're doing more than all the newspapers and fans.

Also, Maldini always mentioned that Elliot never set a limit on spending for players or transfer fees. The player purchase just had to fit with what Management were trying to achieve at the club (Ibra, Kjaer, Giroud for experience at low costs, and a whole bunch of high potential youngsters or talents who have been cast aside by their clubs like Tomori and Theo) to be approved.

Buying Botman to ensure that the defence will be decked out for 5 to 7 years doesn't mean that we can't spend any money to revamp the aging attack.

If our revenues for this season are around the 300M mark, that means we have around 210M to work with transfer-wise. More if Investcorp/RedBird come in. Us bringing in Botman, Origi, Renato for around 45M does not even make a dent in that potential war chest amount, so what are you all worried about?

The unfortunate thing about this is still the 14M a season rent that we need to pay the Milan city council to even USE the San Siro, not to mention upkeeping expenses. We lose over 40% of our gate receipts just to play on a shitty pitch surface every two weeks.

Now imagine we had our own Stadium, eh? :maldinismug:
Wish I could give this more than a :star:

BobbySwizz

Primavera
Reaction score
You are always going to need a bench, because players like Pancaro, Favalli, Brocchi, etc all played big parts to our success. I would quibble with Thiago and Dias, they are starters at their respective teams, while Camavinga is being groomed to be the starter at Real (ditto Rodrygo) but I'm not sure if you need "names" as much as you need players who do the job.

Bayern's success the last decade was built on free transfers and buying other big club's rejects, whether that was Robben, Gnabry, Rafinha, etc, so whether Messias should stay-or-not, that's up to the management and coaches, but, we need a starting RW. I think Messias can be a good sub, but, ideally, we'd be getting someone like Blas to backup Gabriel Jesus.
Gabriel Jesus for 30m
Blas on loan with option for 15m
:lol:
I really want that. Blas covering AM as well. He's another versatile player that I think can get better. It seems he played as a CM over the weekend and got an assist.

Maybe buy and loan back Matteo Cancellieri. Though that might be overkill for one market but RW would be covered.
I'm really curious about loaning out Saelemakers to give him more time to flourish

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Antonio annoys me, I literally hate every single opinion he has. He loves Cassano, thinks Pirlo is a genius, wants Berardi, doesn't like Pioli, he's just... He is the worst.

I seriously want to go on the show to set him straight.
i'm a chill person and i can't stand people with that energy for more than 5 min, my head will start to hurt...but i guess the fact that i only watch him through the screen + he is a Milanista....our only representative on that show makes me ok with him.
i think he is the "life" of that channel. it'd be dull without him.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Are Maldini and massara BFFs outside of work as well? :proud:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gabriel Jesus for 30m
Blas on loan with option for 15m
I really want that. Blas covering AM as well. He's another versatile player that I think can get better. It seems he played as a CM over the weekend and got an assist.

Maybe buy and loan back Matteo Cancellieri. Though that might be overkill for one market but RW would be covered.
I'm really curious about loaning out Saelemakers to give him more time to flourish

That would be my perfect RW market.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone with a take on this Asllani character?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
As good as that is, nothing will beat the emotional impact of that song with the Tonali goal.
Yeah, I grinned but nothing beat watching that Tonali video with ear buds in the delivery room. Tears in my eyes.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i'm a chill person and i can't stand people with that energy for more than 5 min, my head will start to hurt...but i guess the fact that i only watch him through the screen + he is a Milanista....our only representative on that show makes me ok with him.
i think he is the "life" of that channel. it'd be dull without him.
They literally prod him with a stick to be ridiculous. I hate the Mike kid, his voice is so annoying, he sounds like a Simpsons character--but his opinions annoy me.

Their Inter fan, Peter, is actually pretty level-headed, I have to say. Marco has been pretty even, too. Gaitano, Marco's dad, while it is (I mean this sincerely) really sweet and cool that he has a podcast with his dad, I just wish he'd stop pretending he "likes" Lazio and just admit he's a Juve fan. He's been wrong so often.

Ludo, the Napoli fan, he's an honest and good guy.

Man, thinking about this, with the characters we have on RnB, we would have such a good podcast.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sampdoria sharpening their blades before next weekend. I like.

Would be so fucking epic to win the league by 5 pts :b: But every possible scenario would be equally epic :lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone with a take on this Asllani character?
He's so good at Empoli that they let Ricci go to Torino. The kid is special. Easiest way to describe him is that he's a Brozovic clone, but, that's when he plays as a CDM. He can play further forward, he likes to venture forward, so he has a touch of class in the attacking phase that belies his regista role.

Insane passing range for his age, very smart, he just turned 20, and he plays much older than he is. Would be a great complement to our midfield stable of studs. I like the idea of buying him and loaning him back to Empoli. Empoli is a great place for young talent to develop, because they attack without fear, without the pressure of a bigger club, it's a great environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule