• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
It will be very hard to replace Kessie. To be honest. But... his choice to play in Spotyfy stadium. Or whatever.

60-80 mln for Nunez? 60 is ok and thats a loooit of money, which Elliot's Milan will never pay.

P. S.

I've read all your different insights about Davide-Kalulu RB debate. Some good points taken. But, IMO, I still stand by my thoughts that Pierre will eventually become our 1st rb. And will adopt all the things tattically needed. Phisically and technically and 1 on 1 hes simply a better player. Its not like Davide is Lahm or something...

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
In terms of other fans lusting on our players on Twitter … not Leao, not Theo(since he renewed) this is the guy that other fans can’t keep out of their mouths (mainly United’s, city’s, Barca’s and recently Chelsea’s)

Basically france #1 after next world cup

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Calabria looks hobbled and injured. He's never been fast, but he looks like he has been kicked in the back of the leg from the first minute. He had a bad game in the first half, and while Kalulu can be a RB, to me, his best position is at CB. Calabria is not a big priority, I think a backup LB is higher up on the priority list than a new RB.

Romagnoli is leaving, so even if it's not Botman, we need a CB. Gabbia needs to go out on loan. So does Daniel. I really hope we can send them to Empoli, then we buy Asllani and keep him on loan at Empoli, that kid looks special.

Depending on who stays and who goes, we need to bolster our attack more than anywhere else.

Pobega has made a big jump the last two years, first at Spezia, now at Torino. I think he can be a big surprise for us in CM. The boy has the strength of the gravity of a collapsed star, he's got bad acceleration but good top speed, he's not afraid to push forward, he gets stuck in, tackles well, he's a good player.

Renato is a tank and provides defensive cover when he needs to. He's stronger than Bennacer, who is tenacious but not as strong as Tonali or Kessie, but Renato can get stuck in. When Kessie, Bennacer, and Tonali all fit and in form, Pioli was constantly rotating them between Serie A and the CL, it was important, because we push our players to their physical limits with how we press.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
In terms of other fans lusting on our players on Twitter … not Leao, not Theo(since he renewed) this is the guy that other fans can’t keep out of their mouths (mainly United’s, city’s, Barca’s and recently Chelsea’s)

It will be interesting to see how Elliott/Mike would deal with an indecent proposal arriving from the EPL. Hard to see one not arriving at some point.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Who was VVD @ 22?

He certainly wasn't a high-profile player. He was also yet to make his international debut.

When all we have to debate over is competition for places. You know this Milan has a bright future ahead.

Correct. All of you here that don't rate Botman probably don't watch Lille outside of Champions League. Botman coming in is suppose to rejuvenate our back line BEFORE it ages and becomes a problem.
Kjaer is good, but he's no spring chicken. Romagnoli is solid, but not particularly good (plus his wages are ridiculous), and we haven't even agreed to a renewal for him yet.
Let me remind you all that recency bias has always been a thing here, as much as people also forget that form is temporary. The lot of you were all shitting on Rebic a month ago because he only contributed to a single goal against Salernitana since he came back from injury. Now that he's been healthy and contributing more, a bunch of you have changed their tune.

Barahim Diaz is also a good example. In the last 5 matches of last season, he suddenly became a world beater after the goals and assists that he bagged during the last 5 games, and yet now most of the people here are slagging him off for not performing after his bout with Covid.

Kalulu may be in the form of his life right now, but what happens when he suddenly cannot sustain that for a full season? What happens when he gets tired and starts making mistakes? You'll all be clamoring about why we didn't bring in a capable and young CB to partner Tomori.

Botman is our assurance that fans never need to complain about such a scenario, and yet here we have fans complaining about us making backup plans.

Trust the process and that Maldini and Management know what they're doing.

Lmao. If we get Sanches, Botman and 2 good attacking players we will probably win 5 scudettos in a row.
Good times ahead.

This is basically the other reason why any of you would not want Botman. Because you think that it will "Spread the resources" and not allow us to buy attacking talent.

Just a reminder that Rebic came to us for around 5M (plus an Andre Silva Swap, but that's besides the point, accounting), Ibra and Giroud didn't cost us an arm and a leg. Origi is coming for free. Diaz is here on a 2 year loan. Leao was our one big investment and look how that turned out before this season?

Sure we could always throw money at the problem and buy a 60M Haaland or a 70M Vlahovic and get ourselves into debt, but that is not DA MILAN.
We have always been the team to dig out talent, nurture them into superstars and then reap the benefits.

We are not above buying big names, yes, but most of the time it works horribly for us (Higuaian, Bonnucci, Essien, Fernando Torres, Huntelaar to name a few).

Again, trust the process and that Maldini & Co know what they're doing more than all the newspapers and fans.

Also, Maldini always mentioned that Elliot never set a limit on spending for players or transfer fees. The player purchase just had to fit with what Management were trying to achieve at the club (Ibra, Kjaer, Giroud for experience at low costs, and a whole bunch of high potential youngsters or talents who have been cast aside by their clubs like Tomori and Theo) to be approved.

Buying Botman to ensure that the defence will be decked out for 5 to 7 years doesn't mean that we can't spend any money to revamp the aging attack.

If our revenues for this season are around the 300M mark, that means we have around 210M to work with transfer-wise. More if Investcorp/RedBird come in. Us bringing in Botman, Origi, Renato for around 45M does not even make a dent in that potential war chest amount, so what are you all worried about?

The unfortunate thing about this is still the 14M a season rent that we need to pay the Milan city council to even USE the San Siro, not to mention upkeeping expenses. We lose over 40% of our gate receipts just to play on a shitty pitch surface every two weeks.

Now imagine we had our own Stadium, eh? :maldinismug:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
said this a week or so ago when were musing about his versatility - I said he was a classy Kaladze at the moment and Sam projected Desailly

If we can get him for less Vlahovic we should do it

Oh and after a win you guys just get so romantic and want to keep everyone (Kessie, Messias, Saelly) :lol::lol::lol::lol: - I love it
You all would make terrible SD's though :D

Botman I hope arrives -as someone said the great Milan teams always had multiple capable CB's
Messias Jr will always have this year to remember and will always be welcome at Milan but he should go or you sell Saelly now
Ibra is definitely attached to Milan before all others and will remain special to us but he to should make way.

Hoping Renato is coming and look forward to seeing who the new RW will be.

1 more point and then the sauciness of the market can truly begin that is going to be also fueled by the title euphoria
I don't feel strongly about either option.

But ideally, Messias pull some BS on Crotone and they rescind his contract and we get him for free while selling Salad for plus valenza. I like Messias but don't want to pay :lol: (If Messias pays himself like Rami, i would root for this option even more).

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Sheva and Nesta were big money moves - people always go straight to the latter years when we spent poorly and things were already descending.
Spending big and paying great was always Da Milan - but the new Da Milan is fine too - its working

Looking forward to see how much money is added and who we actually purchase this summer.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
I saw J. Stam saying Botman will be one of the best cb's in Europe. Then I stopped thinking about that issue. Cant talk to Tesla about energy, cant talk to Stam/Maldini about cb's. Some boundaries in life eh...😁
Problem is when journalists go and put these guys in a spot about specific names, they mostly only say positive things whether they truly believe it or not (just to be nice and not hurt youngster career etc). Hard to purely go by comments made to the press.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva and Nesta were big money moves - people always go straight to the latter years when we spent poorly and things were already descending.
Spending big and paying great was always Da Milan - but the new Da Milan is fine too - its working

Looking forward to see how much money is added and who we actually purchase this summer.
Sheva was 25M
Nesta was 30M
Both had been playing high quality football with Kiev and Lazio respectively (Nesta even won a Scudetto with them in 2000).
And yet they are the only 2 that you can mention out of how many millions that we spent?

They are the exception and not the rule mate.
Also, Nesta would have cost a shit ton more if Lazio hadn't been forced to sell because of their financial troubles. Same with when we sniped up Stam from them.
We signed Cafu on a FREE.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

No problems with big money moves.

Mainly when we spent big on players like Bacca and Bertolacci when that money was our life line.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Im not sure many will like it but we can maybe say our midfield fir next year is done:
benna, sandro, sanchez, pobega, adli, krunic, diaz. Thats 7... if Diaz leaves someone will arrive (which I hope will happen!)

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I don't feel strongly about either option.

But ideally, Messias pull some BS on Crotone and they rescind his contract and we get him for free while selling Salad for plus valenza. I like Messias but don't want to pay :lol: (If Messias pays himself like Rami, i would root for this option even more).
Some players are here for a time and then move on; Kessie was great and untouchable last season with a sprinkling of great matches this season - he bridged the gap but he is moving on.
Messias was part of a wonderful season with a wonderful story but if we truly buy a complete RW who is a head and shoulders upgrade then I wont miss him one bit. He did his part and is part of our history now.

If we want to be big bad Milan playing against the best in Europe our bench needs to have Rodrygo's and Camavinga's - Thiago's and Dias' - Coman's and Musaila's etc
Or Leao, Theo and Kalulu etc have to be so dominant and available that we rarely go to or depend on the bench.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva was 25M
Nesta was 30M
Both had been playing high quality football with Kiev and Lazio respectively (Nesta even won a Scudetto with them in 2000).
And yet they are the only 2 that you can mention out of how many millions that we spent?

They are the exception and not the rule mate.
Also, Nesta would have cost a shit ton more if Lazio hadn't been forced to sell because of their financial troubles. Same with when we sniped up Stam from them.
We signed Cafu on a FREE.
That was big money at the time -also go back before them

I have no problem with our targeted spending now, I have trouble with this notion that spending is some bad thing - poorly spending is a bad thing.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just recency bias but I honestly can’t remember a season with as many defining moments as this one like Tonali Lazio and Theo Atalanta

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That was big money at the time -also go back before them

I have no problem with our targeted spending now, I have trouble with this notion then spending is some bad thing - poorly spending is a bad thing.
Big spending is never a bad thing if it's Maldini, Moncada and Massara doing it.

I swear that is one of the reasons why most everyone in the league are hating on us.
They equate big spending = instant success
And yet we are taking their equation and shoving it in their faces.
Smart spending is the way to go. But if they admit that, then that means the rest of the league have just been stupid spending, which is a slap in their own face.

Which is why all these journalists are calling us lucky and saying we are the least talented and all that bs.
They can't accept the fact that a team with a shoestring budget, regardless of the name, can actually perform the feat which we have consistently, over a lengthy period of time.
To admit that we have been good over the past 3 seasons in a sustainable manner would also mean every other club working on unsustainable budgets and massive debts DIDN'T NEED to do so if they were half as smart as us.

One point away, we are ONE point away from that vindication.

And you know what the best part about it all is?
Next season, and the one after that, we have all the pieces in place to do it again, and again, and again... :sip::maldinismug:

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some players are here for a time and then move on; Kessie was great and untouchable last season with a sprinkling of great matches this season - he bridged the gap but he is moving on.
Messias was part of a wonderful season with a wonderful story but if we truly buy a complete RW who is a head and shoulders upgrade then I wont miss him one bit. He did his part and is part of our history now.

If we want to be big bad Milan playing against the best in Europe our bench needs to have Rodrygo's and Camavinga's - Thiago's and Dias' - Coman's and Musaila's etc
Or Leao, Theo and Kalulu etc have to be so dominant and available that we rarely go to or depend on the bench.
You are always going to need a bench, because players like Pancaro, Favalli, Brocchi, etc all played big parts to our success. I would quibble with Thiago and Dias, they are starters at their respective teams, while Camavinga is being groomed to be the starter at Real (ditto Rodrygo) but I'm not sure if you need "names" as much as you need players who do the job.

Bayern's success the last decade was built on free transfers and buying other big club's rejects, whether that was Robben, Gnabry, Rafinha, etc, so whether Messias should stay-or-not, that's up to the management and coaches, but, we need a starting RW. I think Messias can be a good sub, but, ideally, we'd be getting someone like Blas to backup Gabriel Jesus.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm against keeping Messias pretty firmly

Not only does he lack the IQ to play at the high levels, he's a waste of resources. I'd rather spend those funds on someone who will at least grow in value

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Imo Messias and Saele can leave. Thats 20 mln for mercato and fir 25-30 mln a good player can be found always.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Calabria looks hobbled and injured. He's never been fast, but he looks like he has been kicked in the back of the leg from the first minute. He had a bad game in the first half, and while Kalulu can be a RB, to me, his best position is at CB. Calabria is not a big priority, I think a backup LB is higher up on the priority list than a new RB.

Romagnoli is leaving, so even if it's not Botman, we need a CB. Gabbia needs to go out on loan. So does Daniel. I really hope we can send them to Empoli, then we buy Asllani and keep him on loan at Empoli, that kid looks special.

Depending on who stays and who goes, we need to bolster our attack more than anywhere else.

Pobega has made a big jump the last two years, first at Spezia, now at Torino. I think he can be a big surprise for us in CM. The boy has the strength of the gravity of a collapsed star, he's got bad acceleration but good top speed, he's not afraid to push forward, he gets stuck in, tackles well, he's a good player.

Renato is a tank and provides defensive cover when he needs to. He's stronger than Bennacer, who is tenacious but not as strong as Tonali or Kessie, but Renato can get stuck in. When Kessie, Bennacer, and Tonali all fit and in form, Pioli was constantly rotating them between Serie A and the CL, it was important, because we push our players to their physical limits with how we press.

Good points, but if Romagnoli leaves we will probably need two CB's. Four CB's (Tomori, Kalulu, Kjaer, Botman) isn't enough when you want to be champions and contend in the CL. I would say that Calabria and Florenzi is enough for the RB department next year. Calabria needs another year to develop and prove himself. Our focus in defence should be on Botman, a cheap (Italian) fifth CB and a backup LB.

In midfield we'll have Tonali, Bennacer, Pobega, Adli, Krunic and likely Renato. That's enough for three positions with Diaz likely remaining for another season. Out of these players we have at least three certainties: Tonali, Bennacer and Renato. Pobega and Adli will have to prove themselves, but they have shown they are ready for a next step.

In the attacking department we need a quality RW first and foremost. I wouldn't mind all three current RW's leaving us, but I think that's unlikely. At least one of them will stay to be backup. On the left we have Leao and Rebic. Very solid, but I am not completely sure that Rebic will be happy with a bench role. Origi can play all three roles in the attack. We'll probably buy another CF to round up our mercato. This will leave even less space for Rebic, since he will not be called upon to replace the starting striker.

Our team will look something like this:

GK
Maignan, Tatarasanu

CB
Tomori, Kalulu, Kjaer, Botman, cheap and young fifth CB

RB
Calabria, Florenzi

LB
Hernandez,
new backup LB

DM/CM
Tonali, Bennacer,
Renato, Pobega, Krunic

AM
Adli, Diaz

LW
Leao, Rebic

RW

New quality RW, one of Saelemaekers/Messias

CF

New CF, Origi, Giroud

Origi will likely be a rotational player that will play across the front line. This leads me to believe that we are still looking for a starting level striker. I'm not so sure we'll take Belotti on a free. We might spend 30 or 40 million on a younger player that will play with us for years to come.

Depending on payment strategies and amortisation, we need between 100 and 150 million euro's (players values) to build a top squad that can compete in all competitions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule