The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
We should send Brahim back, for his own good. As things stand he’s our 4th choice at AM. Pointless keeping him around
I strongly doubt he’ll be 4th choice. Not even close
He’ll be getting plenty of time.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
only poster i truly respect
The love is real with this one

D3AAADC9-B8C6-46DE-89B1-FC038290789B.jpeg

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Leaf, Maguire is an example of overpaying. Zaniolo for 50m is another example if he goes for that. Havertz for 80m. Werner for 60m. The clubs paid too much money for them.

You see, the transfer market is not like the grocery store, the values of players is negotiated. You act like CDK has a price tag on him. In markets where prices are negotiated, comparisons are used to establish price. My use of Maguire is an example, but I have offered many others, but you want to pretend this is just about Maguire.

Which is why I used the example of the Porsche to explain my very basic, mundane point. I genuinely don't understand why you can't comprehend my point. I like the GT3, but I will not overpay for it.

It's not a red herring, it's fucking normal. Like... If I go to a store, see a nice white tshirt, and say "oh I like this" and then look at the price tag and it says 350, I can still like it, but not at 350. If it goes on sale for much less, then great I'll buy it. If some dolt pays 350 for it, let him. A shirt can he nice, but not 350 nice. It's the most basic thing that people do in life and you are acting like I'm in some defensive jujitsu when I'm applying the shit that people do all the time, in life.

"I like that thing, but not for x amount."

Now you don't see where CDK fits? You said reports point to us clearly wanting him. So, same reports point to CDK's versatility and role as our CAM as the point of him coming here.

It's not bad faith, it's because you have assumptions that if Brugge say 40m, we have to pay 40m. If Leeds want to pay 40m, fucking let them.

And it's the transfer market, comparisons are how prices are created, they aren't mystical generated from the air, so acting like making comparisons is absurd is weird.

The only nonsense is the disconnected logic you are offering to somehow make walking away from a player because you don't agree with the price quoted as some horrific failure. It's the most basic principle of economic transactions since humans bartered with each other.
That’s absolutely not what I said but who cares when your goalposts are on 360 degree swivel wheels. I’m done. You’re being disingenuous but I’d rather read rumors rather than text skyscrapers about why you’re always right

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I strongly doubt he’ll be 4th choice. Not even close
He’ll be getting plenty of time.
He plays across 4 positions, he'll come good

Also have people forgotten just how tight this years schedules going to be because of the World Cup in Qatar...? We will need the depth

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
New day and Jenny coke in my notifications.. in other news, water is wet

4C23AF9C-238C-4751-86DD-3361719CF58B.jpeg

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Because they are stupid and overpaying.

You can offer more money for something than a billionaire, it doesn't mean you have more spending power than them.
Yeah, I think that and because they’re in an environment where they have to, or they feel like it(they don’t actually have to obviously).

Plastic epl fans will get upset without spending money because the other English clubs do. Look at Fulham, they dominate the championship every few years and instead of building on the continuity of that team, they spend 100 mil just to get relegated again. They all feel like they have to spend constantly.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Imagine no new signings by the end of the week. People will start calling Maldini names?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that and because they’re in an environment where they have to, or they feel like it(they don’t actually have to obviously).

Plastic epl fans will get upset without spending money because the other English clubs do. Look at Fulham, they dominate the championship every few years and instead of building on the continuity of that team, they spend 100 mil just to get relegated again. They all feel like they have to spend constantly.
Man Utd paid a reasonable fee for a promising LB and they're getting shit for it.

They are all stupid. If this was any other industry, 85% of management teams would be fired.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milannews -

Ziyech is the chosen for the RW, everyone agrees on him - his alternative is Asensio

Same goes for CDK, hes the main target and MM will make a new offer. In case they cant sign him, they'll try for Dybala who they see as an alternative despite differences in style & profile

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That’s absolutely not what I said but who cares when your goalposts are on 360 degree swivel wheels. I’m done. You’re being disingenuous but I’d rather read rumors rather than text skyscrapers about why you’re always right
I literally repeat myself.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
You are comparing me and @AC_Wesley with van Bommel and de Jong? :proud: I was thinking more in the line of the van Basten and Gullit of R&B. :lol:
True wesley is van basten.. you on the other hand are wesley sneijder

This wesley sneijder….
FPzlu5mXwAA387p.jpg

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man Utd paid a reasonable fee for a promising LB and they're getting shit for it.

They are all stupid. If this was any other industry, 85% of management teams would be fired.
To be fair they have two hypothetically strong left backs. I guess they’re getting shit for buying a player in a position they don’t need someone in.

But yeah, they will be able to either sell Telles or Shaw, or probably make a profit on this new guy. Like what we did with Hauge despite having Leao and Rebic.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair they have two hypothetically strong left backs. I guess they’re getting shit for buying a player in a position they don’t need someone in.

But yeah, they will be able to either sell Telles or Shaw, or probably make a profit on this new guy. Like what we did with Hauge despite having Leao and Rebic.
They need to get rid of them. Shaw can be good, but I would move him and Telles, they're expensive and underperform for what they're paid.

Most of their squad is overpaid, to be fair.

I wonder if they consulted with Ten Hag before renewing Bruno.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule