The Rumour Commode XXXVIII: Next Week is our Week

Would you sell Leao?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I like that we often don't just sign any young player, we are signing young players that have also won something. CDK won the league title 3 times, and the cup once or twice.
Getting players that are used to winning is huge, because they come to the team with a better mentality and ready to continue winning

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have one (?) report of Bennacer saying he'll bet on himself to see if he can deserve more pay, we don't know anything else revolving his status and how committed he's to Milan. We're just guessing. Milan's project is exciting and he's a big part of it, why make a move if by this time next year we're considered one of the biggest contenders in CL?

Kessie for the most part got schooled in CL. He was sloppy on the ball, didn't absorb press well, and didn't really adapt to the tempo change. He's okay pressing, but his technique is lacking, and rarely contributes progressive passes.
Bennacer arguably played his best game against Atletico. Was a monster.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Unfortunately I didn't have time today to catch up on all the Commode pages from last night.

Can someone give me a tl;dr of any news, and additionally share/quote any missed Tier 3, 4, or Golden Posts so I can provide reaction scores appropriately?
@ELKey can show you how to catchup with commode if you’re behind

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
fb Forza Milan news:
Milan and Ziyech have a pact, that he wants to join Milan. But Chelsea wants to sell. Only way he can come to Milan is in the end of august if Chelsea doesnt find a buyer and Milan manages to sell Saelemakers. Then Ziyech loan is possible.

this page has been 100% on point so far.

Manchester United are interested in him apparently. He could possibly reunite with his old coach from Ajax, but they don't play champions league.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope people don't panic and worry too much from this point forward. The biggest need for this summer has been more than addressed in Adli, Origi, and CDK. They are so much better than their counterparts from last season. The only work left to be done is rotational pieces and renewals

I don't know about you guys but I'd be more than comfortable with going into a CL knockout match tomorrow with Tonali and Bennacer as the starting midfield, the player coming in just needs to be the rotational option. As for the people linking Onana, IMO management is not targeting someone that defensive. That was a flaw with Kessie and from this point forward all midfielders should be more well rounded

Our only worry from this point should be when Milan plays next and those darn renewals...

Zvoneontology

Primavera
Reaction score
Those stats are much more alike of a very good pure destroyer than a player who has everything (as much as one want t take away from this map alone)
A pure destroyer could be useful for Milan anyway IMO. But see how far away is Renato Sanches from Onana in every way... Hard to imagine one is the alternative to the other. Very different players.

Which is why the whole notion of Sanches being a direct replacement for Kessie isn't quite right at all, unless we're tactically moving away to a different kind of midfield approach and mindset. Sanches' footballing proclivities tend to resemble more of a box-to-box midfielder, whereas Kessie at his best for us, operated strictly as a DM with very specific defensive duties and organizational responsibilities (an anchoring point for our overall shape and structure). Ultimately they are different players. They are also polar opposites when it comes to fitness and injuries. Kessie was nigh-indestructible and seemingly never ever injured. Always available every match day. By contrast, Sanches is made out of glass and seems to break down every few weeks or so.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso

Condò: "Milan are looking for a player like Desailly. I have Scalvini in mind, but he is not for sale"​

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Renato saw opportunity of earning easy money at PSG.

What you need to do for the next 5 years is just sit on the bench and they’ll pay you millions

It’s a jackpot, I would take job like that in a heartbeat

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
“I chose Paris Saint-Germain because I think that it’s the best project for me. Staying in France was important to me, as I know this league already.”

step out of your comfort zone next time

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

stop-crying-you-get-constipated-steven-he.gif

With Maldini, we’ll probably get the Tomori to Sanches…doesn’t even have to be this market.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I'd be more than comfortable with going into a CL knockout match tomorrow with Tonali and Bennacer as the starting midfield, the player coming in just needs to be the rotational option.
I agree in essence, but the season is 50+ games long. Bennacer may not keep fit for an entire season. The backup rotational options need to be good enough to possibly start for a prolonged period.

Bakayoko is not fit for purpose. Krunic and Pobega we can rely on to an extent. But Pobega hasn't been proven at the highest level, can he make it? We need some quality there too in case we need a prolonged coverage. For any match I'm more than comfortable with Tonali and Bennacer however I'm more concerned for the season as a whole. Perhaps Adli can fill the CM void while Diaz plays AM, or CDK plays AM while Messias plays RW, and frees up Adli. Who knows?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sure but what happens when they inevitably sack Galtier for the next shiny thing?
He will still be paid handsomely? probably means a lot for someone like him who has nonstop injury problems

I don't really fault him or anyone for picking PSG over Milan atm, it's a business and we have to be realistic. It's okay for Milan to not be competitive financially with PSG atm

Also, much to my demise and the rest of the footballing world, PSG seems to be by somewhat competent people now

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
“I chose Paris Saint-Germain because I think that it’s the best project for me. Staying in France was important to me, as I know this league already.”

step out of your comfort zone next time
And that’s exactly how I saw him based on his path…someone who wants to conquer the next challenge ASAP

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
if we can't drop 25-30m on thuram, then we got some issues. we're serie a champs w zero debt, loads of new sponsors and revenue, 40k szn tix sold, record shirt sales...

65M market, it can't be that damn difficult.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He will still be paid handsomely? probably means a lot for someone like him who has nonstop injury problems

I don't really fault him or anyone for picking PSG over Milan atm, it's a business and we have to be realistic. It's okay for Milan to not be competitive financially with PSG atm

Also, much to my demise and the rest of the footballing world, PSG seems to be by somewhat competent people now
I know, I think he made the right choice seeing that he’s getting paid almost double what we were offering. He doesn’t speak Italian, new league, challenging Tonali and Bennacer. Lots of unknowns. A safer option that paid more seems like a better bet.

Just saying that the coach reason seems like a temporary one, especially at PSG.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which is why the whole notion of Sanches being a direct replacement for Kessie isn't quite right at all, unless we're tactically moving away to a different kind of midfield approach and mindset. Sanches' footballing proclivities tend to resemble more of a box-to-box midfielder, whereas Kessie at his best for us, operated strictly as a DM with very specific defensive duties and organizational responsibilities (an anchoring point for our overall shape and structure). Ultimately they are different players. They are also polar opposites when it comes to fitness and injuries. Kessie was nigh-indestructible and seemingly never ever injured. Always available every match day. By contrast, Sanches is made out of glass and seems to break down every few weeks or so.
But if we forget Kessie for a moment... I can see Sanches replacing/paring up both Tonali and Bennacer. It would work.
I personally would still want a shut down mid for certain games cause Baka is off and Pobega is not that player (but that's me, IDK about Pioli).

ACMilanello

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Bennacer arguably played his best game against Atletico. Was a monster.

Absolutely. It may've not been fair with two yellows to Kessie, but it doesn't change the fact that he was off-tempo and consistently late into challenges. He had some really good stretches, but when I think of him I always think of how good he was defensively and as an "anti" player, and it seems like management wants more from our midfielders. Time will show how we'll do without him though.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree in essence, but the season is 50+ games long. Bennacer may not keep fit for an entire season. The backup rotational options need to be good enough to possibly start for a prolonged period.

Bakayoko is not fit for purpose. Krunic and Pobega we can rely on to an extent. But Pobega hasn't been proven at the highest level, can he make it? We need some quality there too in case we need a prolonged coverage. For any match I'm more than comfortable with Tonali and Bennacer however I'm more concerned for the season as a whole. Perhaps Adli can fill the CM void while Diaz plays AM, or CDK plays AM while Messias plays RW, and frees up Adli. Who knows?
Ofc, the side needs another midfielder but I'm ok with being cheap for the addition. Also, we probably see the 433 more next season with more midfielders being equipped for that and a lack of top-tier quality in rotational options. That will soften the blow of losing Kessie/Renato

Thankfully Tonali and Bennacer will miss the WC so they will have plenty of rest

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the Kessie replacement is actually going to be Ziyech.

Sounds crazy but I don’t think I’m crazy.

Basically we would have a spectrum of players from CM to AM to RW. Here’s the spectrum, ignoring Pobega, Messias, Brahim and Krunic (because they’re backups):

Tonali - Bennacer - Adli - CDK - Ziyech

So how does Ziyech replace Kessie? By adding another player to that main list we can simply move Adli or CDK down the line whenever we need. Tonali out? We play Bennacer - Adli in the middle, CDK AM and Ziyech RW. Adli out? Tonali - Bennacer with CDK at AM and Ziyech RW, and so on.

We have 3 great options at CM, 2 great options at AM and 2 great options at RW. Beyond that we have the backups listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule