The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement to be making the simplistic argument of:

“Tata is more at fault for our goals than you guys are willing to admit”

Also explains why Maldini didn’t go out and grab a new keeper on these stats
In the stats that we have access to, Tata is clearly a below average shot stopper. All the other more subjective traits, based on what we know good goalkeepers are supposed to do in our system, he’s absolute trash. Can’t sweep, can’t organize the defense, can’t safely deal with crosses and can’t progressively pass quickly and accurately.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The whole "Pioli has a fast start and then gets found out and never wins anything" trope kinda got played out with, y'know, winning and the fact that the shoe didn't drop his second season (first full season) when it was supposed to, and it didn't drop the following season. People have been predicting Pioli's doom for years, and... again he like, won the league
1674822618838.gif
You get to make this declaration if/once we bounce back from current slump. Winning the Scudetto doesn’t negate this point (Pioli gets found out and cannot adapt), and don’t try to be slick and introduce the idea that it’s only supposed to happen “second season” when nobody ever mention that.

Again, repeating “but he won last season” does nothing for our situation right now.
Like, all the "I told you so" prophecy stuff from blue9 aren't suddenly true because he's hit a rough spot... again, because he won the league, by mixing it up and giving different looks and adjustments. He's doing none of that now. He's all-of-a-sudden doing the opposite of what got him here. It's weird.
It’s almost if, you picked a narrative which is “Pioli doesn’t run out of ideas” and picked a couple of times where he made small adjustment as data point to support that narrative. Once again, “won the scudetto” is introduced mid argument as to give those data point weight

But when the results aren’t supporting your narrative, “all of a sudden he’s not doing the things that support my narrative, I have no idea what’s going through his head, he’s doing opposite of what I think would make him successful, it’s weird ”

You did this also regarding GK, trying to frame the expected stats as some sort of holy grail. This whole time “we have money, we just won’t overpay, Maldini will just assess the situation”, was this not the narrative used when people said we were broke? Well if our GK situation is so dire and we have money but just won’t overpay, why is Maldini grabbing GK from the Paraguayan league? “It’s weird and I don’t know what’s going on in his head”

Either bc we are broke, or Maldini don’t think GK is as big of a problem as you make it, or both.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everything is subjective since the model that defines the xG is always based on a human made algorithm. It’s not a clear, scientific definition. But it’s a great tool to quickly sift through tons of data and find outliers.
This is the honest answer I was searching for, thank you

• Heart
Reactions: brk

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Where are the 15-20 mil offers for Salad + Messias? Italian teams are broke as fuck! Outside Italy Bournemouth wants Zaniolo for 30 mil!
I said we can sell them in summer. Surely we can get at LEAST 15m for both players combined (if not more) which would cover the majority of Zaniolo's transfer fee. With just 1 year left on his contract and the player refusing to leave Italy (where Milan is the only team interested), Roma will be forced to accept 20m + bonuses.

Bookmark it.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Only CDK is an asset and that’s becomes he’s easily sellable (tall, prestigious nationality, left footed, #10, high transfer fee, da Milan etc)
I really doubt we could get more than 10mil for CDK.

Agreed...I really don't understand why the imbeciles in charge don't just sell Messias + Salad for 15-20m combined this summer and reinvest the proceeds in Zaniolo. That way, we can still use the majority of the rumoured 50m mercato budget to sign a PROPER RW and have Zaniolo rotate between RW and AM with CDK.
I also doubt we could get 15mil for Messias & Sale.
Messias for free & sale probably 2-3mil & am not even joking.
Sale better to keep & tried as RB.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That shot specifically is hard to tell since I can’t find any specific post shot xg numbers for it. FotMob gives shot data for Serie A but not coppa. Pick a Serie A shot and let’s figure it out.
Let’s try this, just to see what we grt

1674823027979.gif

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In the stats that we have access to, Tata is clearly a below average shot stopper. All the other more subjective traits, based on what we know good goalkeepers are supposed to do in our system, he’s absolute trash. Can’t sweep, can’t organize the defense, can’t safely deal with crosses and can’t progressively pass quickly and accurately.
Right but other than the fact he’s a below average shot stopper, this stats isn’t able to pinpoint that he’s more at fault for our current slump

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I really doubt we could get more than 10mil for CDK.

I also doubt we could get 15mil for Messias & Sale.
Messias for free & sale probably 2-3mil.
Come on man...they're Scudetto winning wingers and have been Milan's mainstay on the right flank for 2 seasons now. We can get at least 15m for them combined plus Salad is still young and able to cover multiple positions on the pitch. Besides, Transfermarkt lists their current market values at 21m (Salad 15m + Messias 6m) so it's not unrealistic.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know what messi got to do with zaniolo

You acting like zaniolo is this messias level player.. not talking about stats
Zaniolo is worth the gamble, we have seen how countless of players started performing the moment they changed clubs
Zaniolo endorsement ring different when it’s coming from my boy qaas :proud:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
If Maldini couldn't even get this freedom during his drawn out negotiation with Cardinale, what the fuck was it about?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol I remember saying just a few months ago that the worst part about CDK aka 'red herring' flopping was that the new owners would think twice about funding similar purchases in future i.e. Zaniolo in Jan. Looks like I was right AGAIN! :LOL:

Anyone who values their money would think twice about Zaniolo,
Come on man...they're Scudetto winning wingers and have been Milan's mainstay on the right flank for 2 seasons now. We can get at least 15m for them combined plus Salad is still young and able to cover multiple positions on the pitch. Besides, Transfermarkt lists their current market values at 21m (Salad 15m + Messias 6m) so it's not unrealistic.
I agree we can probably make a plus valenza on Salad

Messias at best we can loan with option to buy for around 4-5m until his contract runs out

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
If Maldini couldn't even get this freedom during his drawn out negotiation with Cardinale, what the fuck was it about?
That thing is eating me inside.
We were always saying if Maldini signed then Milan is safe.
I think it was always about his own salary & was never about Milan because at the end we were given probably less than before.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Anyone who values their money would think twice about Zaniolo,

I agree we can probably make a plus valenza on Salad

Messias at best we can loan with option to buy for around 4-5m until his contract runs out
Agreed but Zaniolo for 20m is a risk worth taking. Injuries permitting, he's better than both Messias + Salad combined on his worst day plus he still has the potential to EXPLODE. Besides, if we can offload both Messias + Salad to cover his transfer fee then it's smart business all around.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What was the first thing i said after 5min of highlights ? ----> AM.
The fact am not getting paid for my football is mind blowing to be honest :D
Multiple time fantasy league winner :proud:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
But Roma are asking for 35+ , no ?
Roma can fuck off...he'll have just 1 year left on his deal in summer plus they're desperate for capital gains so they'll be forced to sell. Besides, the player wants to remain in Italy (where Milan is the only team interested) plus he fits our project to a tee (young, Italian, high potential, covers multiple positions etc). He's also fallen out with Roma which only helps matters. All the cards are stacked in our favour for a c.20m plus bonuses deal in the summer.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri

@patosheva
spider-man-marvel.gif

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma fans can be oafs who are more proudy than intelligent.

But with that said, they do have a right to feel some type of way regarding how Zaniolo is behaving. They did put up with his knee injury and shitty stats for 2 seasons only to have him drop the “I want to leave bomb” a week before the deadline.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
As a chilean myself I'm so happy we're finally linked to Osorio.

Very very talented player, highly rated by south americans.

Would be 60m if he was in Brazil.

He's very flamboyant, fast good dribbler, good first touch, think like di maria.

Can play rw lw am, very versatile one of his strengths.

If I was going to rate him on potential id say 9. Maybe 8 to be safe.

Think like a mix between mbappe and hakimi facialwise.

What can I say? Maldini has done it again.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
That thing is eating me inside.
We were always saying if Maldini signed then Milan is safe.
I think it was always about his own salary & was never about Milan because at the end we were given probably less than before.
it's mind-boggling. i knew we were fucking broke but the extent of it even shocks me. we can't afford to spend more than our neighbors who are financially fucked (going by what you read here):fp: if our budget is 50mil every year, maldini has to get every transfer right. literally no room for error if you want to win titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule