The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yungeddy

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
you need to have a very high IQ to be ready for piolismo. the pressing pattern is extremely subtle and without a solid grasp of theoretical on-field coordination most of the instructions will go over a typical goalkeeper's head.

Guardiola is waiting with making his tactical setup for next game to see what Pioli will do vs sassuolo

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
24 year old from Paraguayan league. Maybe he’s going to learn quick but right now it’s looking like a Vergara deal and I doubt the guy will play for us. Maybe this was some favor so we can get another one of his agents clients?
oh i never have hope with these cheap transfers from south america. usually we always end up with fodder. vangioni, vergara, viudez, cardacio, montelongo.:proud:
must be some shady agent deals.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
What a stupid and provocative thing to say. How are you feeling, you doing well? Need attention? Here.
Can you explain the renewal delay with Maldini hinting we need three quality players & then we end up with the same budget as before ?!

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I say all that with the benefit of hindsight, because I was uber confident in the management team and believed they had pulled off another transfer market miracle upgrading CAM and adding quality, young depth elsewhere.

Maybe the season will play out and prove it a master stroke yet….

Many people said the summer window was poor at the time. So far, they look like they were right and I was way off.

Man I thought CDK was going to be our RW and Adli the star at CAM. Wtf happened?
You are forgetting all the 5mil deals that seems wasted.
Messias + FBT + Lazetic + Ibra's BF = 20mil.
The only player that seemed like the real deal since day one they didnt know his value & i will shall not say his name because snowflakes in here get triggered hearing it.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
You are forgetting all the 5mil deals that seems wasted.
Messias + FBT + Lazetic + Ibra's BF = 20mil.
The only player that seemed like the real deal since day one they didnt know his value & i will shall not say his name because snowflakes in here get triggered hearing it.
SAY IT!!

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
[Sky] Probable lineup vs Sassuolo: Tatarusanu; Calabria, Kalulu, Kjaer, Theo Hernandez; Krunic, Tonali; Saelemaekers, Diaz, Leao; Giroud.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
[Sky] Probable lineup vs Sassuolo: Tatarusanu; Calabria, Kalulu, Kjaer, Theo Hernandez; Krunic, Tonali; Saelemaekers, Diaz, Leao; Giroud.
sassuolo-sassuolo-calcio.gif

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Stefano Pioli:

“We have the resources and the qualities necessary to get out of this crisis, no need for reinforcements.”

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we need to be realistic, there’s still some securing of this club long term to do, a few more seasons of getting the books in order then we might be able to look at more exciting transfer markets. I’d rather have that than being in the shit like Inter or Juve for example

Our expenses were around 340m last season. That will have dropped a bit since we reduced our squad costs from last season. Our revenue last season (not including casa Milan) was 270m.

We should get that revenue up to 340-350 as a result of much better sponsorships, better match day revenue (every game is sold out + last season was affected by Covid) and qualification to the knockouts.

This would bring us really close to breaking even or even posting a profit, without considering any player sales. I’m not going to make the same mistake and expect a big transfer window because of this, but the money is there.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Can you explain the renewal delay with Maldini hinting we need three quality players & then we end up with the same budget as before ?!
I can guess

Talks about the long term plan probably, that's my first guess.

My first guess isn't that our club legend who during 30 years have over and over again proven that he loves the club held the club hostage and tried to get some more money for himself.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The mercato was a massive fuck up in hindsight

But it wasn't the craziest of ideas to think that the young scudetto winners could continue their great form and were a great squad to enter this season with and spend the money that was available on players that could develop and make a difference in the coming years. This is what they call thinking long term.

This is also what they call taking a risk. But it failed and that's because we Milan fans are supposed to suffer in life and can't have too many good things happening to us.

This seasons failure is more on Maldini, Massara and Pioli than ownership IMO. Season is not over yet though and I really hope this bad form ends ASAP. Scudetto is all but gone though.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
The keyboard sacchi levels are fucking amazing these days :lol:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

But it wasn't the craziest of ideas to think that the young scudetto winners could continue their great form and were a great squad to enter this season with and spend the money that was available on players that could develop and make a difference in the coming years. This is what they call thinking long term.

This is also what they call taking a risk. But it failed and that's because we Milan fans are supposed to suffer in life and can't have too many good things happening to us.

This seasons failure is more on Maldini, Massara and Pioli than ownership IMO. Season is not over yet though and I really hope this bad form ends ASAP. Scudetto is all but gone though.
+1

all we can do is support and hope

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Wesley

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Re: the last part... there was a change of ownership. I'm sure we can in part blame that for stalling any transfer activity besides CDK. If the ownership changed hands at the start of summer, and the Maldini saga didn't drag on, maybe we would've see more.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Basically same Lineup bar krunic
Doing samething over and over again expecting different result

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Honestly do you think the full houses at SS will continue with a misfiring team and an absent owner?

I'm all for sustainability, but as I said, it has to be balanced with some sort of ambition surely?

We had an opportunity to go on a little run of titles with some investment, and money makes money a lot of the time.

I'm just seeing the goodwill that the title bought management slowly falling away...
It will matter how we finish the season and obviously the performance in CL
- We dont have to win anything this year or maybe even next but we cant be seeing displays of this month anymore.

And yes management and ownership need to address the glaring issues at the very minimum

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Yeah i agree.
Maldini used to do some smart loans since we never had mad money.
Nowadays its like he is satisfied of what we got.
Like its ok not to replace Hakan or Kess.
Its ok to have players like Sale , Messias , CDK & Diaz starting.
I find it weird.
Loans cost money too - since summer we spent 350k on GK

Also clubs know that we like to back out of loans and negotiate down on agreed prices
- You all really thought that shit wasnt going to catch up to us???

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So in last 4 mercato we spend 120 mil and sold 40 mil players which gives
80 mil in 4 mercato 2 of winter ones witout spending

Masterclass buy redshittt

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pioli will play Giroud until he absolutely breaks down and can't move anymore. Never mind the fact that he's also been in awful form. He used injuries as an excuse earlier this season. But what's the excuse now? Rebic and Origi are available. Not saying they'll be any better....but also, no point in doing the same thing week in week out since it's obviously not working.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Re: the last part... there was a change of ownership. I'm sure we can in part blame that for stalling any transfer activity besides CDK. If the ownership changed hands at the start of summer, and the Maldini saga didn't drag on, maybe we would've see more.
It's serious business, shit takes time

Again, I guess most people involved thought last seasons squad wouldn't fold like bitches this season.

Last edited:

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
So in last 4 mercato we spend 120 mil and sold 40 mil players which gives
80 mil in 4 mercato 2 of winter ones witout spending

Masterclass buy redshittt

:lol:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
My main issue isn't the amount of money spent, it's how the money is spent.

Some people doesn't seem to understand that we can't spend over a certain amount. Club revenue is low, the league is poor. If a moron like me understands that others should too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule