The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ss I said baka is like COVID. He's gonna linger around for a few more years before we have another virus on the squad leeching.

Apparently the deal fell off because of beaurocratic problems over there in Chelsea's office. A bit like the Ziyech fiasko that's also been on Chelsea.

Sometimes I wonder if they are lunatics with way too much money or geniuses ahead of their time.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd say people just know he's better than Messias... We want better than Messias right?

All while balancing books and lowering wages, and filling multiple holes?

Maybe just maybe that's what people are saying?
Yeah of course he is better than Messias.

Original post was why Rebic earns slightly higher wage. And that‘s because he was part of the „Buffalo-Attack“ in Bundesliga and scored 11g for us on loan, which both would be career highlights for Ziyech as well.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can only think he knows he's pretty much washed up, look at the teams after him lol... I think he want to say he "played for Milan" for a couple of seasons and pick up his big paycheck. Simple as that.

He's a leech and a pathetic, if rich, piece of shit!
I think Chelsea are refusing to budge, it seems that if Bakayoko makes one more appearance for us (or we might be close to that), the 15m clause gets triggered. It's as if Chelsea are hoping we get in a bad enough spot to have to play him one game or whatever. Lol. That isn't happening.

Chelsea are banking on offloading this glut of players they have, as if they're going to get anywhere close to what they expect when everyone knows you need to clean house.

The more serious journalists covering this have pointed at this, and it seems like Chelsea are being run in a fashion that is haphazard and ad-hoc.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he wants to build with you and you want to build with him, you keep him.
If he wants to build, he can accept the terms presented and we can focus on football and revisit down the line or if a team comes knocking.

If he doesn't, you sell him this summer. This is different to the Kessie situation, in my view.
Well, its definitely too early say it's the same. Since we have yet to enter the final summer to see what types of lies they can cook up to "soften the blow" for leaving.

The legal complications made this sticky, the filings made that abundantly clear to anyone who wanted to look.
Leao has a bottom line that he will sign for. Court filling or not, if we meet that number/conditions, he would sign. It's not like if we came knocking offering 10m a year at 50m sell clause, he's going to say nah hold up I gotta take care of my case.

Bennacer is a very good player, you sorted out his contract, he signed, done. You say he was a turd, why? He didn't let contract negotiations bother him--he has shown up. He didn't make a drama. He signed. He was supposed to be another "test case" for Maldini that has transformed into another "doesn't count."
Dragged on the extension just like Leao just for a couple hundred k. Essentially strong-arming the club a bit since we couldn't afford to lose 2 midfielders. All of this while out there committing idiotic fouls and making to look like an amateur bc he's has a booking from the previous idiotic foul.

I would sell if we plan on sticking with our current formation or if someone is dumb enough to offer 50m.
Milan believe they have a unique talent in Leao. They are giving him strong contract terms. Mudryk is on 3.2m plus 1m in bonuses, Felix is on 3.5m, so Milan is offering a strong package for Leao, he has good reason to stay.
I think Leao and his agent thinks highly of his Serie A MVP title and believes he will be offered more.

I also think what an agent says, when it comes to negotiations does matter. Those comments are public and impact how each side approaches the situation. Kessie's agent and Leao's agent approached things very differently.
Disagree here. They say whatever to make their client looks good while getting the maximum possible out of the negotiations. It's all strategic, I agree, but it's not like someone is going to take them to court if they blatantly lied.

Bennacer got rid of his previous agent to stay at Milan, the man brought in a Raiola to close the deal. Leao moved Mendes to the side (if not completely moved on from him) to get someone new. If we are going to make parallels between players, then you can't shrug at stuff like this.

I dunno. If he gets sold, I'll be disappointed, and it would make me reconsider how I view this project--how we react to the sale and our ambition would determine whether I think we have regressed or have just moved on from a player.

Just my two cents bro.
At this point, renewing Leao on his term is a L to me. He's not worth 7m a year. Not even 5m a year, it's not our problem at the slightest that he has his court case.

On the contrary, if he get sold and we replace and fill up multiple gaps and improve team play, it will make me think that we are actually serious about the competing in CL in 3-5 years jazz.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic need form and consistency. The Leao inshallah with Rebic coming in as insurance plan failed, miserably.

I rather sell Leao and just play Rebic and Origi. That was our original play style before we became Leao dependent, and we looked a lot more balanced.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic need form and consistency. The Leao inshallah with Rebic coming in as insurance plan failed, miserably.

I rather sell Leao and just play Rebic and Origi. That was our original play style before we became Leao dependent, and we looked a lot more balanced.
that-aint-no-problem-interview-2pyyey02hd0s5lbk.webp

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he wants to build, he can accept the terms presented and we can focus on football and revisit down the line or if a team comes knocking.

Well, its definitely too early say it's the same. Since we have yet to enter the final summer to see what types of lies they can cook up to "soften the blow" for leaving.

Leao has a bottom line that he will sign for. Court filling or not, if we meet that number/conditions, he would sign. It's not like if we came knocking offering 10m a year at 50m sell clause, he's going to say nah hold up I gotta take care of my case.

Dragged on the extension just like Leao just for a couple hundred k. Essentially strong-arming the club a bit since we couldn't afford to lose 2 midfielders. All of this while out there committing idiotic fouls and making to look like an amateur bc he's has a booking from the previous idiotic foul.

I would sell if we plan on sticking with our current formation or if someone is dumb enough to offer 50m.

I think Leao and his agent thinks highly of his Serie A MVP title and believes he will be offered more.

Disagree here. They say whatever to make their client looks good while getting the maximum possible out of the negotiations. It's all strategic, I agree, but it's not like someone is going to take them to court if they blatantly lied.

At this point, renewing Leao on his term is a L to me. He's not worth 7m a year. Not even 5m a year, it's not our problem at the slightest that he has his court case.

On the contrary, if he get sold and we replace and fill up multiple gaps and improve team play, it will make me think that we are actually serious about the competing in CL in 3-5 years jazz.
I disagree with a few things you've said, but I think there is a lot of value to your perspective. I think a lot of what our conclusions depend on is inside information that we aren't privy to.

I just hope for the best for Milan at this point whatever that is. I can't emotionally handle another banter era.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
When is the window closing?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I disagree with a few things you've said, but I think there is a lot of value to your perspective. I think a lot of what our conclusions depend on is inside information that we aren't privy to.

I just hope for the best for Milan at this point whatever that is. I can't emotionally handle another banter era.
Same for me.

I've been right there with you guys defending maldino when it comes failure to renew get compensated from Dollar, Kessie, and Hakan. But with Leao, we all knew this was coming up there's no excuse if by the end of this summer it's still not resolved (sold or renewed).

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Yeah of course he is better than Messias.

Original post was why Rebic earns slightly higher wage. And that‘s because he was part of the „Buffalo-Attack“ in Bundesliga and scored 11g for us on loan, which both would be career highlights for Ziyech as well.
Sometimes you have to pay for what someone offer "you" rather than what they've done...

Rebic when fit is a wild card that CAN deliver, hey on base and then some... But the injuries, fuck.

I'd take what I could get for him in the summer, which is a shame, but reality.

Ziyech on his current wages for under 15/20 million would be such an upgrade to our RW, even if not WC, he has abilities we currently dont have so to us he's valuable, and can therefore demand to paid accordingly.

For the record I don't think we'll get him so we discussing hypotheticals here... I fear Zaniolo is all but done, I can only hope he puts his injuries behind him, going into a season with him injured, plus Salad and Flo as our RW options doesn't excite me.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Same for me.

I've been right there with you guys defending maldino when it comes failure to renew get compensated from Dollar, Kessie, and Hakan. But with Leao, we all knew this was coming up there's no excuse if by the end of this summer it's still not resolved (sold or renewed).
Leao has to be sold this summer if he won't renew, there's no two ways about it.

I wonder where Kessie will go this summer.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Chelsea are refusing to budge, it seems that if Bakayoko makes one more appearance for us (or we might be close to that), the 15m clause gets triggered. It's as if Chelsea are hoping we get in a bad enough spot to have to play him one game or whatever. Lol. That isn't happening.

Chelsea are banking on offloading this glut of players they have, as if they're going to get anywhere close to what they expect when everyone knows you need to clean house.

The more serious journalists covering this have pointed at this, and it seems like Chelsea are being run in a fashion that is haphazard and ad-hoc.

And Baka's a leech...

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao has to be sold this summer if he won't renew, there's no two ways about it.

I wonder where Kessie will go this summer.

Newcastle, bookmark this post haha...

Or Leeds, Monaco, Lyon perhaps... Wherever his agent can bleed some more cash out of someone.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"Everton tried to turn Giroud’s head in January by offering him a contract worth a rather huge £8.5m net per season.

However, the Rossoneri were quick to block the advances of the Toffees and Giroud himself also promptly made it clear that he would not be interested in leaving Milan for Liverpool."

:balo2:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
This is such a lazy argument. Why would we blame management for not keeping him if they reinvested that back into the squad to fix all of our weaknesses, which we would be able to do if he did indeed sell asap rocky?

The argument of “imagine the fans’ reaction if we sold him after the scudetto” is ridiculous because he wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of the illustrious list of players sold after their respective clubs won silverware.

The point still stands that lil uzi should’ve been sold in the summer and we are yet to see a sound argument against this well-thought claim.
Depends completely on whether or not we lose a game/ struggle at ANY POINT after he is sold. Once that happens there is a 100% chance that several if not dozens of users will complain about his sale. Welcome to RnB.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I am curious where he will go next. I don't even get why Barca went for him, especially considering how little he plays.

So they can sell him... Pick up for free, sell for 20/30 million, looks good on their books... He's nothing but a lever!

A rich lever though... I have no time for the guy, no respect for him and I don't want him back!

Milan, Barca, it's all down hill hopefully... But he's happy being rich so fair play.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
have a sneak feeling that Lazetic is going to explode under Klose and come back and dominate next year

Source: Hopium
Whatever happens I'm glad he took the chance to go play.

I think its the best move he couldve made.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Corriere dello Sport claims that FIGC prosecutors will ask to dock Juventus at least 20 Serie A points over the highly-controversial payment of wages during the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule