Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Yeah, that's also fair. I just take into account the string of Serie A games we did win where not conceding helped us when we had chances and scored, so we won. However, in games like yesterday when we can't even make or take such chances then we're just asking to be scored on.

What bothers me also is the number of unforced errors from multiple players. I could single our Tomori and Thiaw yesterday but they aren't alone. It's constant every game that we are gifting goals due to amateur mistakes.
The key difference is that in the games we did win, we scored first.

This bunch of tossers collapse like a pack of cards the moment they concede first. Cause the bald fuck in charge has absolutely no vlue how to change things around.

Dickhead persisted with the 4-2-3-1 despite us getting whipped left right and centre week in week out. Changed to 3 at a the back, we start conceding less. But continues to stick with it even after clearly seeing that it has started to fail too.

If that is not the definition of a tactically clueless fuck, I dont know what is.

And the management at the top are an even bigger bunch of cowards for keeping him on.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Right now I don't know which club would give the 7M+ Leao and his agent are asking for :lol: Why would someone? Outside Serie A Leao hasn't shown shit in years, not with our kit nor with Portugals. He's 23 years old and still a work in progress.

I don't know what this shit is with our players who don't renew. They always ask for astronomical figures from us until their contract runs out, then they go for free and on a lower or almost similar contract than what we actually already offered. It happened with Donna, with Hakan and with Kessie.

Then you look at players like Skriniar, Hakimi, Koulibaly or Kurusewski who get sold for good money because they don't ask for the moon until their contract runs out. What is this with our lplayers? The same superstition they show when playing against inferior teams like Fiorentina, Salernitana or Udinese!lo lm
Not to shit on your point brother Alo, but Skriniar is walking for free this summer, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

And I offer some explanation, albeit only my theories:

Maturity level wasn't the same. Trying to teach them respect, to be on time, to go over the playbooks, they didn't want to have any parts of it, they just want to have fun. A lot of these younger players just wanted to show up.
^ That's how I see it. If I cared about my career, I would constantly be trying to learning and improve. "Padre, what should I do in this situation, Ibra let me pick your brain on what I should work on here". Yet I don't see any of that, just trying to free style with the step-overs “game after game. If Pioli was really so crap and I played under him, I would hire my own personal trainer to work on my footballing skills, JUST so that I don't look like a fucking clown on the pitch misplacing simple passes and not try to take on anyone because I know my dribbling isn't good enough to dribble past 2 players.

The point is: these fucks think whatever they have done is good enough to live off of and wants a big contract off of that instead of seeking to improve

Last edited:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
What the fuck are you talking about?
Nothing you said makes sense
Players lose motivation and move on all the time
It’s been that way since the game was invented.

Some players will be loyal and hard working and some won’t - very simple

Leao is in bad form and distracted. On to of that Pioli can’t use him as effectively in the new formation. Then there is the question of his work rate. It’s a complex situation that absolutely doesn’t boil down to the reductive stuff you just posted
you are a boomer so you won’t understand the current reality

If you believe our millenial/gen z players will stay loyal, that’s fine, I don’t really care. But good luck with that.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
The key difference is that in the games we did win, we scored first.

This bunch of tossers collapse like a pack of cards the moment they concede first. Cause the bald fuck in charge has absolutely no vlue how to change things around.

Dickhead persisted with the 4-2-3-1 despite us getting whipped left right and centre week in week out. Changed to 3 at a the back, we start conceding less. But continues to stick with it even after clearly seeing that it has started to fail too.

If that is not the definition of a tactically clueless fuck, I dont know what is.

And the management at the top are an even bigger bunch of cowards for keeping him on.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Harsh but 100% spot on

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not to shit on your point brother Alo, but Skriniar is walking for free this summer, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

^ That's how I see it. If I cared about my career, I would constantly be trying to learning and improve. "Padre, what should I do in this situation, Ibra let me pick your brain on what I should work on here". Yet I don't see any of that, just trying to free style with the step-overs “game after game. If Pioli was really so crap and I played under him, I would hire my own personal trainer to work on my footballing skills, JUST so that I don't look like a fucking clown on the pitch misplacing simple passes and not try to take on anyone because I know my dribbling isn't good enough to dribble past 2 players.

The point is: these fucks think whatever they have done is good enough to live off of and wants a big contract off of that instead of seeking to improve

Ah, true that, he was in my mind because he actually was willing to accept PSG already last summer and Inter had a valid offer of around 50M or even more in hands, so he too wasn't trying to stall until his contract ran out, that was just Msrotta being stubborn and stupid. I guess that's why I nominated him but true, he's leaving this summer anyway.

On your last part: I think you're on to something there. It's a valid explanation.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Wtff you mean we lost to udinese

madea-excuse-me.gif

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Said this in the game thread; the young guys learned the wrong lesson from the scudetto win.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I still like Leao a lot and I certainly won’t blame him if he leaves considering the current state of the Milan squad. I’m still quite grateful for the 6 months last season where he played superbly well to win us the Scudetto and I like his personality in general. Doesn’t engage in shithousing behaviour and seems like a nice guy overall, I’ve seen the way he behaves with fans. It’s better than most of our own players in the squad. I saw a video where all our players walked past by one fan except him and the fan looked to him in admiration, it was touching.

All I ask from him though to put in 100% effort till the end of the season season and then we sell him and ends things amicably. Play well and put in the effort required.

I’ve no issue if the players wants to leave to change air and get more money if that’s what he wants. Besides Pioli’s ‘project’ isn’t even promising, the situation looks dire. Hard to be motivated to stay in such circumstances.

However, you have to be professional and put in 100% effort. He can do much better than this and he ought to if he’s demanding so much money. This effort or poor level then you have no right to demand that much money…

bola

Primavera
Reaction score
No, it’s not a load of shit. I specifically said Dortmund would dominate in Serie A due to their novel methods of administration compared to the outdated methods of Serie A clubs.

Those methods are the norm in Germany and they also have to deal with a national powerhouse that poaches their rivals’ players at a much, much higher rate than Juventus does to Serie A players.

Their scouting, player development and prestige is superior to all three of those clubs that you mentioned. Even though they won a champions league in the 90s, their current philosophy was put into practice in 2005 after they were almost liquidated due to their unsustainable spending. Bayern gave them an interest free €2m loan and they adopted their current doctrine in buying and selling players.

They would without a shadow of a doubt dominate Serie A and make it look easy. Easier than Juventus’s reign.
Okay, since I'm quite ignorant about Bundesliga, kindly explain to me what dortmund has been doing that atalanta/udinese or even our own Milan (to a lesser extent, I know for one we don't sell star player at big profit) hasn't been doing?

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Calabria annoys me the most. And that says a lot with so many morrons on the pitch yesterday. Anyone else who can’t stand his ‘efforts’ this season? Mediocre at his peak..

Maxer44

Primavera
Reaction score
The attack is the obvious problem,you're only going to win so many games when scoring 2 goals is your absolute max,can not depend on the defence being solid consistantly, although they haven't been great either.

Last season we won the title because of that ridiculous clean sheet run ,but that was completely unsustainable,Baresi and Maldini couldn't of have kept that up,the attack needs a complete overhaul starting with the strikers and obviously a right wing.Guys like origi and as much as it pains me Ibra and CDK all need to be replaced

As far as Pioli goes,he caught lightning in a bottle last season and that perhaps unfairly raised the standards,but the title defence this season is simply not acceptable and he has to take a lot of the blame.Firing him is a different question tho,because if the replacement is going to be one of the random Italians who are willing to work with a 'sustainable' budget,then keeping him is still by far the best option,if for nothing else for the overperformance last season.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Said this in the game thread; the young guys learned the wrong lesson from the scudetto win.
I don’t know if it’s the agents. I wanted to chalk it up to that with the previous trio, namely Dollar.

With Leao, might be a personality thing. I thought even though he scored the World Cup was the worst possible advertisement for him. Walked and at best jogged when he wasn’t involved. If I was at any serious clubs I would look at demands and my thoughts would be “maybe in a couple of years if he matures” and “let someone else pay tuition for this kid to mature and improve”.

Again, just my opinion. Would love for Leao to turn into Mbappe and rescue us immediately even if he demands 10m a year .

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibra going public discussing Leao’s renewal is also a telling sign for me.

Ibra is being a good OG. But it’s not easy to convince someone they aren’t quite there yet and should not seek to maximize their pay today.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s the agents. I wanted to chalk it up to that with the previous trio, namely Dollar.

With Leao, might be a personality thing. I thought even though he scored the World Cup was the worst possible advertisement for him. Walked and at best jogged when he wasn’t involved. If I was at any serious clubs I would look at demands and my thoughts would be “maybe in a couple of years if he matures” and “let someone else pay tuition for this kid to mature and improve”.

Again, just my opinion. Would love for Leao to turn into Mbappe and rescue us immediately even if he demands 10m a year .
Not just Leao, i'm thinking everyone under 25. Besides Theo (who I think has improved a lot defensively this season). Tomori, Kalulu, Leao, Tonali, Bennacer, Calabria, everyone is playing as if we won the title by being better than everyone else, and not because we wanted it more and worked harder.

Pioli especially I think learned the wrong lesson and believed his own hype. I assumed he was a lot more self critical.

BobbySwizz

Primavera
Reaction score
He’s not a problem. He’s not been up to his best fitness since the injury issues. Or should I say since he extended the contract. He was our best player at the start of the season before the WC. I want him to get that level again.

I also think he also doesn’t suit a double pivot. I want him to play together with Krunic/Tonali. Either a 3-man midfield or Bennacer as CAM upfront. I feel that Pioli is misuing Bennacer and making him look bad

But again it’s not just him. I also want Tonali to improve, his level has been shocking. What happened to his ball playing skills? His passing? It regressed. Again Tomori? Thiaw has been shaky lately too. Rafa? Also poor.

It’s a whole team problem. That’s where the issues lies with Pioli.
I think Bennacer as AM would be very interesting. I also don't think we can field him and Brahim at the same time. Both players get overpowered relatively easily because of their stature.

iamditi

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Udinese coach:
“To put a man-to-man team in difficulty, they leave holes that we had to be good at finding. Placing two inverted midfielders served to find these holes, with the wing-backs arriving and the two forwards they kept the central defenders busy.

we all want to change the coach there are many free coaches who can take the job but dont expect tuchel or zidane.

If they change pioli they would give a chance to pirlo, sheva or even abate 🤣 and then again this scenario will be repeated.

I think players have pressure from champions league they know napoli is strong, inter beat us in supercoppa and they are wearing the jersey with 7 champions league on their arm and they know the fans expect milan to be differerent in champions like old times and pioli doesnt know how to take that pressure from them.

Napolis has nothing to lose because they already made history reaching quarter final but we? Our history is heavy the jersey becomes heavier in champions :)

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Bring Gazidis back, our problems become more prominent ever since he left :(

He won’t stand for this defensive catapultó nonsense

Thank you.
That’s why I said weeks ago that “what if Piolisimo was actually Gazidisimo”
There was a clear directive line to follow. And Pioli would know that straying too far away from it, like he has done this season, would cost his head…

With the sale, I was hoping they keep the whole management team. As much as Maldini didn’t (reportedly) enjoy working with Gazidis, I think it was the perfect balance.
I guess the new structure isn’t fully in place and when it does, it’ll hopefully work.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibra going public discussing Leao’s renewal is also a telling sign for me.

Ibra is being a good OG. But it’s not easy to convince someone they aren’t quite there yet and should not seek to maximize their pay today.
I'm leaning much more towards us selling Leao as the most likely conclusion. I'm also not as opposed it as I was early this season. I'd like him to stay, I think with the right coach he can be unstoppable, but this version with this coach is not worth 7m a year and however much we put up for the fine. Cash in now and get someone more consistent.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Bennacer as AM would be very interesting. I also don't think we can field him and Brahim at the same time. Both players get overpowered relatively easily because of their stature.
He’s capable of holding off his man and shielding possession but let’s not pretend like he has pace to get past his man or the vision or consistency to deliver the killer pass. Bennacer offers a nice threat outside of the box and can help alleviate the press if we are struggling to progress possession into opponents half.

As a Krunic-type role, offers way too little presence, that’s why even Pobega is used there before him.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm leaning much more towards us selling Leao as the most likely conclusion. I'm also not as opposed it as I was early this season. I'd like him to stay, I think with the right coach he can be unstoppable, but this version with this coach is not worth 7m a year and however much we put up for the fine. Cash in now and get someone more consistent.
1679233764690.gif

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thank you.
That’s why I said weeks ago that “what if Piolisimo was actually Gazidisimo”
There was a clear directive line to follow. And Pioli would know that straying too far away from it, like he has done this season, would cost his head…

With the sale, I was hoping they keep the whole management team. As much as Maldini didn’t (reportedly) enjoy working with Gazidis, I think it was the perfect balance.
I guess the new structure isn’t fully in place and when it does, it’ll hopefully work.

I mean it isn’t a coincidence that ever since Gazidis left our downfall became more prominent and obvious. I think Gazidis has a significant impact in our dealings or style and it was a positive aspect in hindsight. Tbf I always was cool with Gazidis, I think he was good at his job. If Maldini didn’t like him? That’s too bad because Gazidis was a good for balance. Maldini’s full authority lately isn’t exactly making the best decisions.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Udinese coach:
“To put a man-to-man team in difficulty, they leave holes that we had to be good at finding. Placing two inverted midfielders served to find these holes, with the wing-backs arriving and the two forwards they kept the central defenders busy.

we all want to change the coach there are many free coaches who can take the job but dont expect tuchel or zidane.

If they change pioli they would give a chance to pirlo, sheva or even abate 🤣 and then again this scenario will be repeated.

I think players have pressure from champions league they know napoli is strong, inter beat us in supercoppa and they are wearing the jersey with 7 champions league on their arm and they know the fans expect milan to be differerent in champions like old times and pioli doesnt know how to take that pressure from them.

Napolis has nothing to lose because they already made history reaching quarter final but we? Our history is heavy the jersey becomes heavier in champions :)
I don't think the pressure when we're underdogs is what's failing us. If we're not expected to perform, we actually do good. We've rarely messed up a big game in the past few years, maybe Lazio counts, and Inter recently, again during January. Most of the time we thrive in that sort of pressure. It's the other kind of pressure that melts us, where we're expected to win comfortably.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I got some shit last summer for debating Leao is shooting pretty damn high with a wage demand of 7M or more and that I'm with the management regarding not simply give in to whatever he and his agents are asking. It's just not good if a player this young demands to be one of the best payed players in his position in Europe. Especially when he hasn't shown yet outside Serie A that he can do it.

He's not Mbappe or Haaland who score for fun no matter which competition or even country. He doesn't have the workrate Vinnie or Kvara are putting in every single second of every single match. He's not a finished product that deserves super star wages, period.

Other world class players like De Bruyne or Modric became those because they gradually worked their way up there. Leao tho seems to think he's made it already after what's only supposed to be his breakout season. We hear about interests from teams like City or PSG, but I don't think they trust him. Eventhough I don't buy the 180M rumors about Kvara, you never heared such figures regarding Leao even last season after being awarded MVP. I guess that's quite telling about how top clubs think regarding Leao. Promising? Yes. Insanely talented? Hell yeah. But is he already a top player worth so much money? Apparently not.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I got some shit last summer for debating Leao is shooting pretty damn high with a wage demand of 7M or more and that I'm with the management regarding not simply give in to whatever he and his agents are asking. It's just not good if a player this young demands to be one of the best payed players in his position in Europe. Especially when he hasn't shown yet outside Serie A that he can do it.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Not from me brother.
He's not Mbappe or Haaland who score for fun no matter which competition or even country. He doesn't have the workrate Vinnie or Kvara are putting in every single second of every single match. He's not a finished product, period.

Other world class players like De Bruyne or Modric became those because they gradually worked their way up there. Leao tho seems to think he's made it already after what's only supposed to be his breakout season. We hear about interests from teams like City or PSG, but I don't think they trust him. Eventhough I don't buy the 180M rumors about Kvara, you never heared such figures regarding Leao even last season after being awarded MVP. I guess that's quite telling about how top clubs think regarding Leao. Promising? Yes. Insanely talented? Hell yeah. But is he already a top player worth so much money? Apparently not.
He doesn’t deserve it.

We see how he’s dealing with teams tactically adjusting to him. Yea he’s cutting in more because he knows he’s going to be doubled-up on, but look at his close dribbling, worse than Salad? Look at his output once he cuts in, shooting worse than Messias. Look at his passing, FFS.

Pioli can be the worst fucking manager ever and we could be seeing improvement on these things.

Shit on Salad all you want but look at him when he first came, how he was with the ball and look at his dribbling now. :proud: Meanwhile look at Leao against the greaseball veteran Becao, didn’t bite on any of his stepovers.

Last edited:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Not from me brother.

He doesn’t deserve it.

We see how he’s dealing with teams tactically adjusting to him. Yea he’s cutting in more because he knows he’s going to be doubled-up on, but look at his close dribbling, worst than Salad? Look at his output once he cuts in, shooting worst than Messias. Look at his passing, FFS.

Pioli can be the worst fucking manager ever and we could be seeing improvement on these things.

Shit on Salad all you want but look at him when he first came, how he was with the ball and look at his dribbling now. :proud:

Kvara the other day said something interesting regarding who he'd wanted to face in CL QF. He said he prefers not to play against Italians because by now they figured him out and it's not that easy to jump players anymore like it used to be. In Europe however they don't know him yet and it's easier.

I guess Leao and his step-over-then-full-spead-ahead signature move got figured out too. Long time ago I saw him eat his man like that. Leao needs to find new ways to be decessive, and he's struggling right now at doing so. Pioli said he leaves him a lot of freedom and when Leao is roaming more centrally than he used to, it's because Leao wants to, not because he instructed him to.

Maybe Leao needs a coach who's working more closely on his game.

Last edited:

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
People still wanting Conte, what the actual fuck...

Hand in your Milan membership card as the door hits you on the ass... Now we have Conte orphan's and he's never been here, fucking hell people!!!

Let's hire a guy that bitches and moans, blames everyone else, underachievers at higher levels, jumps ship when things do go his way after he's bitched... Has Juve blood!

Fuck off!!!

#noconteatmilan

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kvara the other day said something interesting regarding who he'd wanted to face in CL QF. He said he prefers not to play against Italians be cause by now they figured him out and it's not that easy to jump players anymore like it used to be. In Europe however they don't know him yet and it's easier.

I guess Leao and his step-over-then-full-spead-ahead signature move got figured out too. Long time ago I saw him.eat his man like that. Leao needs to find new ways to be decessive, and he's struggling right now at doing so. Pioli said he leaves him a lot of freedom and when Leao is roaming more centrally than he used to, it's because Leao wants to, not because he instructed him to.

Maybe Leao needs a coach who's working more closely on his game.
That sounds like he doesn’t really know how to use Leao better so he’s pretty much “let the game come to him”, what I’ve said for awhile now.

Leao doesn’t have great foundations to build on footballing wise other than his physical gifts. Im happy to eat my words later but it literally took him 3 years to develop he’s stepover-then-full-speed move and we don’t have the time to wait for him to come up with his next trick.

Another thing.

Really poor discipline in the last couple games again. Players being baited while being down. We lack real leaders on the pitch and it’s also showing. This really made me want to entertain getting rid of Pioli in January, I really hope we dial it in during the break and do not continue with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule