The Rumour Commode XXXVII: Mercato Dyspnea

Next commode name? (can select several options, anonymous voting)

• The Final Meltdown

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Next Week is our Week

Votes: 69 57.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

Benfica, the acquisition of Enzo Fernandez is OFFICIAL.​

Enzo Fernandez is a new Benfica footballer. The Argentine midfielder born in 2001 officially moved from River Plate to Portugal for 10 million euros plus 8 bonuses , a figure that is worth the purchase of 75% of the player's sports rights.
When we were first linked to him, someone here mentioned that half of Europe is after him based on media reports.. in the end, only Benfica decided to activate the clause... proof that all those media reports were wrong.. 18m is like pocket change for EPL clubs.. I am not sure if we were actually interested or not

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan is like me few years ago. I met a girl. I liked her since day one. I was so romantic to her. Flowers, dinners, traveling, movies, and all that romantic shit. And one day, she said it's over, I have someone new. That man just showed up and get her, and all my romantic shit wasted. That's how Milan works, we have slow approach and other clubs take away players from us, fast

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Milan is like me few years ago. I met a girl. I liked her since day one. I was so romantic to her. Flowers, dinners, traveling, movies, and all that romantic shit. And one day, she said it's over, I have someone new. That man just showed up and get her, and all my romantic shit wasted. That's how Milan works, we have slow approach and other clubs take away players from us, fast

Some of the faggiest shit I’ve ever read here

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
In Maracana, in the afternoon of TMW Radio, the journalist Fabio Santini spoke about the rumors about Paulo Dybala and his possible future at Milan: "I understand that he is dealing seriously with Milan. There is talk of an agreement reached with the Rossoneri club on a three-year with option on the fourth. The problem is that he is represented by a prosecutor who, if he were not a friend of the family, would have already been sent away. He has managed relations with Juventus and not only very badly. He would like a high commission, of 10 million. But who can give it to him? ".

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
actually no..you're trying to get an average girl, flowers, dinner, introduce her to your friends etc. and then suddenly you end up with Melissa Sata in your bed.

Thats how Milan works.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
But are you also winning in life?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Zaniolo or Dybala? Or both?
s8-rT3.gif

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Disagree...there will certainly be an overall mercato budget based on signings/sales (clubs have ALWAYS worked this way plus Maldini's 'significant signings' comments). However, how it is funded (besides sales) nobody knows e.g. RedBird cash injection (like Elliott), new sponsors, Serie A prize money, TV rights, CL money, gross wage/amortisation savings from departing players or even all of the above.

However, I agree with the second part and nowadays clubs have to be careful that they don't exceed certain parameters due to FFP.

Transfers are paid in installments over many years. Salaries are also paid over time. So you're saying that there is a total budget for transfers but no fixed budget for salaries? Or there is a separate budget for transfers and another one for salaries? And spending on one doesn't affect the other? So if Maldini signs a player with 20 mil gross salary he can still keep his full transfer budget? Or if Maldini gets rid of players with big salaries like Romagnoli and Donnarumma his transfer budget stays exactly the same?

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Everybody's rejecting Dybala.

killerkid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Its tough to be optimistic at the moment
Having in mind that when you are buyinga football club its not like walking in to the store and:Can i Have one Milan Ac thank you,and the lady gives it to you and says:thank yaaaaa come again!
It takes months to do it,and you know everything about the club,and by the way the club is runned by a club legend who managed to win the league title with almost no money to spend,obvius thig would be to use that momentum tie him up for a long time and give him money to continue his work RIGHT AWAY.
We’ll see maybe they will announce it when Origi is presented.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Transfers are paid in installments over many years. Salaries are also paid over time. So you're saying that there is a total budget for transfers but no fixed budget for salaries? Or there is a separate budget for transfers and another one for salaries? And spending on one doesn't affect the other? So if Maldini signs a player with 20 mil gross salary he can still keep his full transfer budget? Or if Maldini gets rid of players with big salaries like Romagnoli and Donnarumma his transfer budget stays exactly the same?
Lol you're unnecessarily overcomplicating the matter. Simply put, there is an overall mercato budget with respect to transfer fees (clubs have worked this way since time immemorial) and a salary cap which takes care of the rest. However, due to the introduction of FFP, clubs have to work within certain parameters as they're only allowed to spend a fixed % of their income on transfers so everything is interlinked i.e. mercato budget, salaries, sponsors, prize money, TV rights, tickets, merchandising etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule