• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
And yet they are still here. Let's see at the end of the market.

I doubt that we will sign Ziyech unless we are able to sell or loan Sala, which is difficult.
Which bring us to the intial discussion of why would we buy Messias if we cant sell Sale ?
I refuse to believe that Maldini is that stupid & that we wont have a RW rather if its CDK or someone we still didnt get yet.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
RW is priority number one , two & three.
Messias is mediocre & Saale is shit.
:star::star::star::star::star:
Quite simple: because we needed a true CAM as well.

I think Maldini isn't done yet. He will try to sell Alexis and loan Ziyech or someone else
1. We are broke this market.
2. The team think other positions (Kessie's replacement and 4th CB) are top priority.
3. Pioli likes Messias and has confidence in him.
If you go to the grocery, do you buy rice flour and sugar before you get Pringles and Reece's Pieces? :conf:
Its all good if If CDK plays RW or if we do get a RW if he wasnt one.
Whats idiotic is wasting all the money on CDK & still have Messias & Sale as our RW starters.
:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see how Sam and Brk spin this to "CAM was our #1 priority" and "we don't need RW with CDK"....otherwise we practically lit 35M on fire :lol:

I suspect that we were banking on getting Renato so we wouldn't have really needed a RW and brk could get his hybrid RWF role for CDK....but without a proper right sided player, we still will have the same problems

If not, one of Origi, Adli or CDK himself was already a wasted buy

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Nothing more of a waste than having to bench one of Adli/CDK or two of OG/Origi/CDk while one of Messias/Sale.
There is no excuse for not solving that RW problem.

I don't agree. It's not a waste. You need quality from the bench. I never understood the Renato talk, when it's clear that both Bennacer and Adli can play the same position. We don't need another midfielder. We need a RW. Add Ziyech to this team and we're ready to play ball against fucking anyone.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. We are broke this market.
2. The team think other positions (Kessie's replacement and 4th CB) are top priority.
3. Pioli likes Messias and has confidence in him.

Look up the facts before making such statements. Only Atalanta has a bigger negative transfer net spending (assumed Inter will most probably make one or two big sales before mercato ends). Meaning every team who has spend a lot also sold a lot before that. Does that make them rich? Or us broke? Would you say we are less broke if we spend twice as much for twice as many players but only after selling Leao and Tomori?

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the translation man.

According the his interview, it seems like Pioli expects CDK to play mainly as CAM, which is great as itงห his desire and his best position.

But it would be great to see Adil and CDK play together. I have no idea how we can play them toghether.
Luckily Pioli is smart enough to see and know he is not a winger. Unlike a lot of other people here.
Right @brk ?

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I don't agree. It's not a waste. You need quality from the bench. I never understood the Renato talk, when it's clear that both Bennacer and Adli can play the same position. We don't need another midfielder. We need a RW. Add Ziyech to this team and we're ready to play ball against fucking anyone.
Quality bench is amazing as soon as you have quality starter , not before.
I have had this fucking argument for two years & i cant believe am still having it.
Its a dream to have quality coming from the bench . but fix that fuckin RW position first.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
:star::star::star::star::star:

If you go to the grocery, do you buy rice flour and sugar before you get Pringles and Reece's Pieces? :conf:

:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see how Sam and Brk spin this to "CAM was our #1 priority" and "we don't need RW with CDK"....otherwise we practically lit 35M on fire :lol:

I suspect that we were banking on getting Renato so we wouldn't have really needed a RW and brk could get his hybrid RWF role for CDK....but without a proper right sided player, we still will have the same problems

If not, one of Origi, Adli or CDK himself was already a wasted buy

CAM was a priority. I don't understand how anyone could not see this. We were relying on Diaz and Krunic last season and we were in dire need of an upgrade. Adli is a player that needs space in front of him. He is obviously better suited to a CM role. He will fight with Bennacer for a starting spot next to Tonali. Pobega is Kessie's replacement with Bakayoko as a third option.

Now we need to find a buyer for Alexis and upgrade our RW department. One RW and one CB and then close the mercato.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Their keeper almost hilariously gave up a goal that would've been on highlight reels for decades, I'm sad it didn't go in.
They were so bad.
But crystal was good too
The intensity was crazy

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Quality bench is amazing as soon as you have quality starter , not before.
I have had this fucking argument for two years & i cant believe am still having it.
Its a dream to have quality coming from the bench . but fix that fuckin RW position first.

We're agreed on the RW position. I just said that a few posts above. We also needed starting level quality for the AM position. Now we have it. We also have a great competitor for Bennacer in Adli. We've improved in midfield a lot. Next year we will add more quality when we replace Diaz and Bakayoko.

I think RW is very much on the agenda.

MaShiMoRoiiz

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Look up the facts before making such statements. Only Atalanta has a bigger negative transfer net spending (assumed Inter will most probably make one or two big sales before mercato ends). Meaning every team who has spend a lot also sold a lot before that. Does that make them rich? Or us broke? Would you say we are less broke if we spend twice as much for twice as many players but only after selling Leao and Tomori?
Nah. I didn't really mean like broke broke. We are definitely in a better position than other Italian teams and I really appreciate that we don't need to sell before signing new players.

However, the predicted available budget for this market reported by the media, the only source we have, has been less than what we expected.

We won the title and qualified for UCL as well as managing to save some wage from Ibra, Kessie, Roman, Samu, and so on.

So I just expected that our transfer budget would be at least 70 m+, which is close to last year's, but it's not so far.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Wrong pull his 18 card and see for yourself.
He was signed summer 2017.. and fifa 18 came out that year… so fifa 18 was his first season
fifa 19 was his second season.

Just give it up habibi u were wrong

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It looks like Roma got Wijnaldum on a loan plus option deal. The option to buy is for 8m plus bonuses. PSG will be paying some of his wages this season as well.

Where were you on that one Paolo?
Even then, they are paying him 5m a year net. That would make him our highest paid player

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
He was signed summer 2017.. and fifa 18 came out that year… so fifa 18 was his first season
fifa 19 was his second season.

Just give it up habibi u were wrong
8A39398B-E128-4E98-B30F-802BBB57EEE4.jpeg
Eat my balls habibi.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I have to admit and indeed did so at the end of last season, Messias is a better finisher than I expected.

Yes he isnt that fast and his dribble isnt spectacular and yes he got benched for Saelly at the end of the season but if he continues and is consistent taking his chances then he is more than fine in the league and as CL last season proved he can do the business in the moment. If he can take chances and put them away like he has on occasion last year and the goal he dropped so far this pre-season then that is ok.

We arent getting Gnabry, Dembele (he ripped Juve's soul out this pre-season :lol::lol::lol:) Sane or Bernardo Silva.
I wouldve preferred Julian Alvarez who is all around better (but not a full winger) and young but 25 mill and up against City.......

ups.png

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still think that CDK is our primary RW if we don’t get Ziyech. We had 3 games to test Adli at CM if he was going to be the vice Bennacer. We didn’t. He played AM exclusively, and nailed it. We still have Brahim who Pioli really counts on.

We have Giroud, Origi and eventually Ibra at CF.

That leaves only the RW as the only position where he can get consistent minutes.

If we’re a few games into the season and things have settled and CDK isn’t clearly our RW, then I’ll admit I was wrong. For now I still think he’s our RW.

If we get Ziyech, all bets are off.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Kabak
A.Robinson
Thauvin
Taison
James
Miranchuk
Vlasic
Sabitzer
Everton

DODGED BULLETS
The one player that Maldini really wanted but missed out on that looks like the real real deal is Wesley Fofana. Looks like he will end up in Chelsea for like 80 million. He stepped in the EPL and looked up for it from day 1.

Most players on the list are dodged bullets. I would exclude Sabitzer as he starts for Bayern Munich which shows he can play at the top level but yeah the others haven’t really cut it.

Vlasic needs to move to a lower Serie A team to revive his career.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I still think that CDK is our primary RW if we don’t get Ziyech. We had 3 games to test Adli at CM if he was going to be the vice Bennacer. We didn’t. He played AM exclusively, and nailed it. We still have Brahim who Pioli really counts on.

We have Giroud, Origi and eventually Ibra at CF.

That leaves only the RW as the only position where he can get consistent minutes.

If we’re a few games into the season and things have settled and CDK isn’t clearly our RW, then I’ll admit I was wrong. For now I still think he’s our RW.

If we get Ziyech, all bets are off.

If Adli is our AM, we have no quality substitute for the CM position. It just doesn't make sense. We can't buy another midfielder, because we are set numerically. Krunic, Pobega and Bakayoko wouldn't get any minutes if we buy another quality midfielder.

AM
De Ketelaere/Diaz/Krunic
CM
Bennacer/Adli/Krunic
CM/DM
Tonali/Pobega/Bakayoko

I reckon this is how Pioli and Maldini see it. It makes sense and gives us many options. As of now, Messias is our starting RW. If we can find a buyer for Alexis, we will upgrade.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Nah. I don't really mean like broke broke. We are definitely in a better position than other Italian team and I really appreciate that we don't need to sell before signing new players.

However, the predicted available budget for this market reported by the media, the only source we have, has been less than what we expected.

We won the title and qualified for UCL as well as managing to save some wage from Ibra, Kessie, Roman, Samu, and so on.

So I just expected that our transfer budget would be at least 70 m+, but it's not so far.
We need to sell players for great money when it comes the time. I think Maldini learned the lesson with Dollar,Hakan and Kessie. Maldini and Massara has showed that they know to buy and recognize the talent. As soon as takeover will be finalized in September i believe menagement will attack renewals of Leao and Bennacer.

Theo renewall is already done ,and if some club knock on our door they better prepare at least 70 mil for him. Tomori renewall will not be a problem , same as with Pierre. If Leao extend his contract we have potentially player worth more than 100 mil. Milan will have the best future of any club in Italy . New owners need to attack building a new stadium. With new stadium we will become truly elite club.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
everyone praising Roma for this:

I wouldn't want any of these players in Milan

This guy actually got it right despite his avatar

Some Roma fans even believe if they add a defender they can win Scudetto 🤣. Their fans have dreamy hopes but they will soon be brought back to reality.

That said If they add a defender who is better than what they have I think they will finish in the top 4 likely ahead of Napoli who made only side way moves if not a slight downgrade.

Their director Pinto has done well though in one area. Their wage bill is lower than last season even after accounting for Wijnaldum, Belotti and a defender. They reduced their wage bill slightly while having a team that’s better than last season so that’s something they are doing right

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Some Roma fans even believe if they add a defender they can win Scudetto 🤣. Their fans have dreamy hopes but they will soon be brought back to reality.

That said If they add a defender who is better than what they have I think they will finish in the top 4 likely ahead of Napoli who made only side way moves if not a slight downgrade.

Their director Pinto has done well though in one area. Their wage bill is lower than last season even after accounting for Wijnaldum, Belotti and a defender. They reduced their wage bill slightly while having a team that’s better than last season so that’s something they are doing right
Honestly great transfer for them. They are much stronger then last year. That team is top 4 easy.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score

1) Brk is the acolyte of CDK, I'm team Adli, I only wanted CDK to play RW, and RW in our system is not the same as what our LW does. This has been covered a lot. It is what is going to make us fight each other, it has been foreshadowed on here for ages.

2) Buying Renato to be our primary RW would have been an even bigger waste, especially since the only thing you want from your RW is crosses, and all wingers these days are inverted and cut in to cross on their strong foot, so what 90s RW are you looking for? Renato as RW is all Brk, I hate that idea, even if he can do it, in an emergency. I wanted him as our CM.

3) in the interview he says he is also to play "other roles" read the whole quote

4) wait until he plays a few minutes before claiming victory, I would imagine that your January predictions of doom would have given you pause.

5) your love of blonde AOC is gross

6) if you take this post seriously and fly off the handle I'll be annoyed, please read this with the sort of nice, jovial, banter like tone that I intend, except for point 5, that requires more serious discussion (this is also a joke [but not really])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule