Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

I saw this last night, and it made me angry. I know it looks different on TV, but is there no communication between players? "Hey bro, Leao is free." Leao was asking for the ball, and he continued backward. Again, he had a chance to pass to Pulisic, but no, he passed to the Bambi. He can control the ball but always delays the passes.

Fuck Congo is always correct. Why is that toddler playing in a Milan Roma game?

ymsv

Since 1988
Reaction score
The main issue is our defence
Not sure about that , it is defending I think . Our defence is left on its own , completely unprotected . Meanwhile our defenders should attack , so upon the end they are or all outnumbered or outnumbered in certain areas , so the result is what we see . Without first our attackers and midfielders to start destroying opponents game , it will not matter who our defenders are .

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure about that , it is defending I think . Our defence is left on its own , completely unprotected . Meanwhile our defender should attack , so upon the end they are or all outnumbered or outnumbered in certain areas , so the result is what we see . Without first our attackers and midfielders to start destroying opponents game , it will not matter who our defenders are .
Yea but the fact that Gabbia, who passed directly to Dybala under pressure, is actually one of our more consistent defenders this seasons just shows the quality of this squad

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Ibrahimovic can convince Gyokeres.
He reminds me a bit of Haaland, quite fast, strong and killer. But probably wont happen.

Zirkzee will be another gamble

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
This morning’s edition of the newspaper Corriere dello Sport (via PianetaMilan) writes how Leao effectively made himself evanescent when his team-mates needed him. Aside from drawing the red card from Zeki Celik and crossing for Matteo Gabbia’s goal, it was a performance that fell short of all expectations.

The Portuguese winger was powerless in the face of a Milan team that sank with each passing minute. There were many confused and ill-executed ideas, few dribbles, few crosses/passes and often done badly, and far too many stumbles. It was reminiscent of the first leg.

The most symbolic moment of the night came when Olivier Giroud was furious at a poor choice by Rafa, namely when he sent in a cross without looking that totally overshot everyone and went out for a goal kick. The Frenchman looked perplexed at the ex-Lille man, who responded with a grimace.

:lol:

Leao dont even care. Time to sell his ass
Yes, Leao is the bad guy from yesterday's game aside from drawing a red and getting an assist. What did Pioli do? The rest of the team?

What a shit take from CdS, but no surprise #1 Leao hater on the forum buys into it.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I think Sari is 3 times the coach Pioli is. Sarri also overperformed with Lazio for quite a while.

Hes a tough character though...needs a right fit. Not sure if he would fit in here.
Is he back in form?
I thought sari was bad in Chelsea and juve.

We didn’t hire pioli he came here to be caretaker till ragnick then he stayed for 4.5 years :lol:

I have no idea about coaches I hope we sign somebody really good.

I have ptsd with managers when it comes to Milan. I have so low expectations with pioli just qualify for cl :lol:

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
The main issue is our defence
The main issue is that our game plan is unbalanced.
It is like watching two half-teams, coached by two different coaches who never train together but still playing as one team on the pitch.

Our defenders are tasked with being our first, second and last line of defense.

Our midfield (mostly) gives zero fucks about defense.
Their only objective is to receive the ball from the defenders and pass it to the attackers.

Our attackers give even less fuck about the defense.
Their only objective is to score goals.

The defenders are put under extreme stress, ALL the time.
This results in constant errors from EVERYONE in defense, none spared.
Not even prime Nesta, Maldini, Baresi and Billy would fair any better than our defenders in these types of situations.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I saw this last night, and it made me angry. I know it looks different on TV, but is there no communication between players? "Hey bro, Leao is free." Leao was asking for the ball, and he continued backward. Again, he had a chance to pass to Pulisic, but no, he passed to the Bambi. He can control the ball but always delays the passes.

I’m not joking when I say I think Bennacer is now physically incapable of hitting a pass that far.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How about Zidane as coach? He won 3 straight CLs with Real. It's Real, but 3 straight CLs is impressive at any club. And Real were doing not too well just before he joined them.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Origi returning in the summer :proud:
Origi is lyfe.

Oh fuck these folks are going to hire a coach. Shiby is correct just put kiplin’s cut out there

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Yea but the fact that Gabbia, who passed directly to Dybala under pressure, is actually one of our more consistent defenders this seasons just shows the quality of this squad
Cut the boy some slack - Rudiger just did the same

Now Gabbia's shouldve been easier to clear properly than the Rudiger one but Gabbia is also not as physically talented and didnt react well in the moment.

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This morning’s edition of the newspaper Corriere dello Sport (via PianetaMilan) writes how Leao effectively made himself evanescent when his team-mates needed him. Aside from drawing the red card from Zeki Celik and crossing for Matteo Gabbia’s goal, it was a performance that fell short of all expectations.

The Portuguese winger was powerless in the face of a Milan team that sank with each passing minute. There were many confused and ill-executed ideas, few dribbles, few crosses/passes and often done badly, and far too many stumbles. It was reminiscent of the first leg.

The most symbolic moment of the night came when Olivier Giroud was furious at a poor choice by Rafa, namely when he sent in a cross without looking that totally overshot everyone and went out for a goal kick. The Frenchman looked perplexed at the ex-Lille man, who responded with a grimace.

Leao even when he doesn't do much still contributes more than everyone else

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How about Zidane as coach? He won 3 straight CLs with Real. It's Real, but 3 straight CLs is impressive at any club. And Real were doing not too well just before he joined them.
I feel like Zidane is waiting for the France job, he's turned down a lot of big offers.

pippofan

wants sex with oriental girls
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
It saddens me to see you feeling this way towards our current team and management. I'm probably too young to understand all your sentiments, but I get your point.

I became a Milan fan in 2001 the moment I saw Shevchenko, blazing through opponents' defensive lines, for the first time.

Since then, the most bitter I've ever felt was Istanbul 2005. Initially, I seriously considered quitting being a Milan fan, or even a football fan altogether. Of course, that sentiment didn't last long, but that's just how bitter I felt in the moment.

The most hopeless I've ever felt, though, was probably during Pippo Inzaghi's tenure amidst our banter era. We ended that season 10th (!) after our only summer transfers were loaning Cerci, Destro, and Bocchetti, and acquiring Menez as a free agent. Back then, even after selling off Balotelli for 20M to Liverpool, we couldn't spend one single Euro.

Our team was as mediocre as it could get; it weakened by the years, and we lacked the funds to strengthen it. And then there was Pippo, the next ex-legend in line to get his legacy burned, downgraded to being Silvios pet, and Silvio himself of course who couldn't care less about the club since his political career was basically over. Nothing suggested that anything could change anytime soon - which is exactly what happened. That's been the low point for me as a fan.

The last couple of years haven't always been easy. But reliving the enthusiasm of the sleeping giant finally awakening and first getting back into the CL, then winning the least expected Scudetto in its history, and to then see the first CL Semifinal since 2007 has been a hell of a ride.

The last 12ish months weren't always as good as hoped, and losses like yesterday hurt me just as much as the next one. And I'm not looking forward to seeing Inter possibly celebrating their 2nd star against us in a derby of all games.

Nevertheless, that feeling of never-ending disappointment and depressing hopelessness of 2015 is luckily only a far cry today. I'm thrilled for the next couple of years; the same management that gets a lot of beating these days ensured we've positioned ourselves superbly well to collect the fruits seeded in all those past years, both in terms of sporting and financial stability. There are some crucial decisions to be taken in the next few weeks and months, sure, but I'm very excited to see our next moves.

I personally have rarely felt as passionate and proud to be a Milan fan like these years, probably only rivaled by the early 2000s when I first became one. 2007 already felt like the painful end of something big that dragged on for many years in hindsight, culminating in one last hurrah in 2012 that ended as swiftly as it happened. Everything after that has been pure agony, not the slightest comparable to our current setbacks.

But yeah, that's how I feel. Of course, not everyone will agree with me.
Well, that was my frustration at yesterday's game and the fact that we're like Dr Jeckill and Mr Hyde and so you never know what to expect. Optimism during our winning streak turns into disappointment over defeats in our most important matches and it saddens me to see my team unprepared and perhaps unmotivated. We were inferior in all phases of the match and there's no excuse for that. Now we end a cycle that all things considered has been positive after the horror of the banter era but can't make mistakes in the players that we acquire and the coach that we choose. While last mercato was positive we acquired mostly "doppioni" meaning players with the same characteristics especially in the midfield and of course my pet peeve of not even considering Italians except for Sportiello. Milan is in my heart, I don't see it as a business that looks at the bottom line which they've been successful at but the dirigenza is not as passionate as I would like. Anyway, hoping for the best and as always Forza Milan.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao even when he doesn't do much still contributes more than everyone else
Leao will do well in a team with other “stars”, like Psg, Chelsea and Man Utd.

The problem with him is, he thinks he is the best player here, and maybe he is kinda right. But you shouldnt think that way.
You need to play as a team

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
You’re both in T&T

surely youve been around the same areas at some point
Contrary to popular opinion all islands in the Caribbean aren't towns in Jamaica :rolleyes:

Smurf pays 8 bucks for a single beer :lol:
I could NEVER survive under those conditions :o

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Some of us have been saying this for years.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
who would have thought that a kid from french relegation side might become padre's downfall? even his biggest fans are starting to criticize him more. it all really went downhill with the adli transfer:head:
18 months ago :lol:

@Pigeon this post is amazing. Helped me to cut through so much bullshit :lol:

You are modern day Carl Jung

Rockstar

Primavera
Reaction score
People advocating "not just Pioli fault". Its Atalanta, Roma, Bologna teams he was absolutely outplayed. Must be better squads

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
San Donato press release

This morning the Administration formally sent the request for the program agreement to the Lombardy Region, the Metropolitan City, the FS Italiane Group, the Italian Railway Network, FS Sistemi Urbani and Sportlifecity. These are the subjects to whom the request to join the Program Agreement for the construction of the Milan stadium in the San Francesco area was formally sent. The Administration is now awaiting confirmation from the parties involved to give impetus to the administrative process which will delve into the merits of the proposal by defining the design, economic and operational commitments for the overall development of the urban planning intervention. The objective of the Program Agreement is to address all the strategic aspects to arrive at a hypothesis for the construction of the sports facility, overcoming the critical issues that the Administration itself has highlighted with the actions taken so far. Furthermore, along the way, a constant relationship with citizens of a participatory nature will be developed. The Lombardy Region and the Metropolitan City of Milano were invited as superordinate territorial bodies in relation to their specific competences. The invitation to the companies of the FS Italiane Group, however, responds to the desire to seize the opportunity of carrying out this urban intervention to strengthen the public transport system and the railway network, making them functional both for sporting events and in everyday life. Finally, Sportlifecity, a company owned by AC Milan, will participate as a proponent. «The stadium project – declares the Mayor – represents a unique opportunity for development and attractiveness not only for the city of San Donato, but for the whole Southern Milano. Precisely for this reason, as the Municipal Administration, we strongly feel the duty to evaluate the intervention with the utmost seriousness with the aim of advancing the interest of the entire community, also by opening moments of discussion with the citizens and with the Mayors of the territory".

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It seems hes negotiating with Bayern.
Want budget for new defense.
Just read it.

Watch them go after Theo ffs.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Players who should leave:
Defenders; Thiaw - Kjaer, Florenzi
Midfielders; Bennacer - Pobega - Terraciano - loan Adli
Attackers; Giroud - Leao

Would keep Gabbia, Kalulu, Musah, Jovic as backup
We might not have a great team.
But the best part of the team is Leao
I hate to even post this as he has been an absolute disappointment in the last game

But only a dumbass like you thinks the team will IMPROVE if he goes. That's try to put a fire by spraying gasoline on it.

What we need is a coach who can help the squad work on or hide their obvious flaws.

This is what SAF did with Beckham....who was both a 0 in defense and not fast or strong/tricky player.

With Pioli everyone's flaws are GLARING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule