The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Sugar daddy's come in all kinds of sizes. Whether that is the City/PSG owner or a midtable team investor. And they all share in common to ruin the market, player valuation, agent fees and other relevant items such as image rights. No one would object to get a nice cash injection into their own club but that is not the point Sven made initially that triggered this discussion. The point is clubs are being more forced each year to comply with (newer) financial regulations. It's a slow but steady change management approach by the UEFA with as final goal to have more market comfort and control. Without it, these sugar daddy's and outlaws will continue coming in higher numbers and create further upset. Like Sven said, we should be quite happy to have taken a good stance on this matter and act within the financial capabilities and sustainable model. Others who did not will suffer in the future.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maignan, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Tomori, Hernandez, Tonali, Kessie, Saelemaekers, Maldini, Rebic, Giroud.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yup.
I've been dreaming about this kind of management, business model and football since the Mondadori fine, and to a lesser extent the Kaka sale.
It's finally here, but people want to throw it all away for another gamble.

Some fans have no interest and therefore also no clue about the business aspect of football. They're the type who'll shout "who cares if he gets 12m net, it's not my money".
We've all been that type if we supported Berlusconi's Milan in the 80s, 90s or 00s. But sooner or later you'll have to adapt and find joy in sustainability, competent management, great scouting. Personally, I'm way over the reckless sugar daddy model. It doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.

:fp:

FFP is not the main obstacle.

Berlusconi and Moratti didn't sell because of FFP.
They were among the owners who pushed for FFP.
Expenses had gone out of hand.
Not even billionaire owners could keep up with the state owned clubs.

But Qatar isn't a safe bet either. They could also lose interest and leave you in the mud. Just ask Malaga fans.

The business and management side of football has evolved. Adapt, or stay in the past.

They Qatari guy who owned Malaga FC was a side Sheikh. There are many fringe Royals in the Gulf countries. PSG is directly owned by the government through QSI. They have so much cash that even if they get bored, even then they don't mind losing a few hundred million a year. They rejected 200 mil for Mbappe, who is in the last year of contract, just to have one season to see Messi, Neymar and Mbappe play together.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Adli, Leao, and Theo on the same side is us begging for someone to try to score from there :lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That's hilarious, especially as Monchi failed at Roma and is pretty overrated. The man paid 24m for Suso. Perhaps we underrate Massara's role in our growth and maybe pay too much attention to Moncada and Maldini?

The Kjaer signing was his, for sure.
He also seems to be on the same page as Pioli, because they prefer the same kind of football.

I think we're lucky to have heavyweights in different fields who are seemingly able to work together.
Massara is the Moncada of Italy.
Moncada is the Massara of France.
Scaroni is the Gazidis of corporate/political Italy.
Gazidis is the Scaroni of the Anglosphere.

Maldini is more of a manager and captain than director. He's the link between the team and the CEO, the link between the fans and the team, the one who convinces players to sign for Milan. And his opinion is always taken into consideration, of course.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Kjaer signing was his, for sure.
He also seems to be on the same page as Pioli, because they prefer the same kind of football.

I think we're lucky to have heavyweights in different fields who are seemingly able to work together.
Massara is the Moncada of Italy.
Moncada is the Massara of France.
Scaroni is the Gazidis of corporate/political Italy.
Gazidis is the Scaroni of the Anglosphere.

Maldini is more of a manager and captain than director. He's the link between the team and the CEO, the link between the fans and the team, the one who convinces players to sign for Milan. And his opinion is always taken into consideration, of course.

I totally agree. I think Maldini is serving as a supplemental coach to the players, as is Ibra.

I think Maldini is growing as well, he seems to have the connections and personality to get deals done. Part of that is his personality but also the gravitas of his persona.

On your earlier point, Berlusconi not taking advantage of Milan's place in increasing the revenues was his mistake. Since Milan has become competitive, the amount of Milan gear I've seen is incredible. That they didn't monetize that, truly, is shocking.

Did Berlusconi try to get a stadium?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They Qatari guy who owned Malaga FC was a side Sheikh. There are many fringe Royals in the Gulf countries. PSG is directly owned by the government through QSI. They have so much cash that even if they get bored, even then they don't mind losing a few hundred million a year. They rejected 200 mil for Mbappe, who is in the last year of contract, just to have one season to see Messi, Neymar and Mbappe play together.

The Al Thani guy seemed more pissed off than bored, because of RM, Barca and the Spanish politicians so he decided to not even cover small expenses which he could easily afford.

If Qatar, the state itself, is also pissed off to such an extent, then I won't expect them to even lift a finger to help out the club.

Either way...blegh. Don't want. Hopefully they get banned from football.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
The Al Thani guy seemed more pissed off than bored, because of RM, Barca and the Spanish politicians so he decided to not even cover small expenses which he could easily afford.

If Qatar, the state itself, is also pissed off to such an extent, then I won't expect them to even lift a finger to help out the club.

Either way...blegh. Don't want. Hopefully they get banned from football.

After 2022 Qatar will lose every privilege the football bodies provided. They won?t last long after that.

They will be forgotten.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Sugar daddy's come in all kinds of sizes

ha-gay.gif

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Atletico look stale. With their first team out there, too.

Im not watching the game but it seems they tend to concede soon in the match.
I hope we can take advantage of this prone.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im not watching the game but it seems they tend to concede soon in the match.
I hope we can take advantage of this prone.

They don't look like the killers they were last year. Their attack doesn't create, doesn't show danger, and their defense looks vulnerable, but they're playing a really bad team.

With our luck, they'll return to form and give us a hell of a game. But they are like Conte's Inter. They play like a relegation team but with amazing quality players.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Daniele Longo @86_longo
Next week meeting between Roback's agents (via @TramacEma): the #Milan he wants to keep him in the squad because he is aiming for it, but so far the Swedish striker is finding little space @cmdotcom

Meanwhile primavera has 2 losses and 2 draws in 4 matches

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
They don't look like the killers they were last year. Their attack doesn't create, doesn't show danger, and their defense looks vulnerable, but they're playing a really bad team.

With our luck, they'll return to form and give us a hell of a game. But they are like Conte's Inter. They play like a relegation team but with amazing quality players.

All i remember from their last CL campaigns is that they played with 11 workhorses.

I thought with Griezmann their finishing would at least be better, but i dont write them off already as the season is very long.

With Tonali and Kessie we should be able to hold the midfield and connect to the wings and attack, while those two will also have to close down the Atleticos passing lane and with the help of our wingers and full backs. Its gonna be top chess between Simeone and Pioli.

Bold: 100%

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao has been very solid defensively, not there yet but he is becoming reliable.
He?s improved a lot. Definitely. Still doesn?t make me as comfortable as I would be when Rebic is there.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Daniele Longo @86_longo
Next week meeting between Roback's agents (via @TramacEma): the #Milan he wants to keep him in the squad because he is aiming for it, but so far the Swedish striker is finding little space @cmdotcom

Meanwhile primavera has 2 losses and 2 draws in 4 matches

this is one for vs

also
@86_longo
Ricardo Pepi, American talent born in 2003, targeted by several Italian clubs (via @MLSsocceritalia).

The #Milan took information but at the moment the evaluation made by Fc Dallas is considered too high

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli to DAZN:

“Maldini starting? The choice stems from the fact that from the beginning of the season, Brahim and he are the reference points in that area of ​​the pitch. Not choosing Brahim, I chose Daniel to fill that position.”

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli to DAZN:

“Maldini starting? The choice stems from the fact that from the beginning of the season, Brahim and he are the reference points in that area of ​​the pitch. Not choosing Brahim, I chose Daniel to fill that position.”

doesn't sound very convincing:lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All i remember from their last CL campaigns is that they played with 11 workhorses.

I thought with Griezmann their finishing would at least be better, but i dont write them off already as the season is very long.

With Tonali and Kessie we should be able to hold the midfield and connect to the wings and attack, while those two will also have to close down the Atleticos passing lane and with the help of our wingers and full backs. Its gonna be top chess between Simeone and Pioli.

Bold: 100%

They don't seem to have ideas. They only know how to counter, but even then, they don't have any chemistry between their attackers. You'd imagine Griez and Suarez would know from Barca, and Griez being back in Atletico. But no. They look bad.

They really really depend on Correa and his spark. That's their danger man.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
They don't seem to have ideas. They only know how to counter, but even then, they don't have any chemistry between their attackers. You'd imagine Griez and Suarez would know from Barca, and Griez being back in Atletico. But no. They look bad.

They really really depend on Correa and his spark. That's their danger man.

Good to know they look bad. :thumbsup:
Theo will have a nice job to keep control of Correa :D

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How many sons does Maldini have?
They better start making new generation of Madlinis

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.
How many sons does Maldini have?
They better start making new generation of Madlinis

I'm not happy seeing how much time junior is getting this year? he basicly a vital part of this team while Pobega whonis, IMO, better player has no space here

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm not happy seeing how much time junior is getting this year? he basicly a vital part of this team while Pobega whonis, IMO, better player has no space here
One is 19, the other is 22. They play in different positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule