Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
Happy birthday oldman! :star:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
I watched an interview with Billy tonight on the Milan Channel, given right before the derby; and he said he'll be leaving Milan after this season. He didn't say what he'll be doing, but did say he would like to come back to Milan as first team coach. He also said that Paolo will be playing next season and would retire after the end of next season.

Erik77

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo,Nesta,Kaka,Pato,Maldini,De Rossi,Ba,
Getafe offer job to AC Milan legend Costacurta
tribalfooball.com - June 05, 2008

Getafe have offered their vacant coaching job to AC Milan legend Billy Costacurta.

New Getafe sports chief Toni Munoz moved for Costacurta after consulting with Arrigo Sacchi about the ex-defender's suitability.

Costacurta spent last season on the coaching staff at Milan and sources say he is delighted with Getafe's interest.

Getafe president Angel Torres has handed Munoz a 15-day deadline to appoint a replacement for Michael Laudrup.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Erik77 said:
Getafe offer job to AC Milan legend Costacurta
tribalfooball.com - June 05, 2008

Getafe have offered their vacant coaching job to AC Milan legend Billy Costacurta.

New Getafe sports chief Toni Munoz moved for Costacurta after consulting with Arrigo Sacchi about the ex-defender's suitability.

Costacurta spent last season on the coaching staff at Milan and sources say he is delighted with Getafe's interest.

Getafe president Angel Torres has handed Munoz a 15-day deadline to appoint a replacement for Michael Laudrup.

i was about to post that,i hope he goes there and get some experience as a coach and some day come back and coach Milan :star:

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
If he does go I hope he goes there and does well for himself.

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
Costacurta: The Coach I'll be
Saturday 5 July, 2008
Billy Costacurta passed his coaching certificate this week and reveals what he learned from Carlo Ancelotti, Arrigo Sacchi and Euro 2008.
In order to hold a job as a Coach in Italy, everyone must pass a course at Coverciano and this week former Milan defender Costacurta was among those graduating along with Ciro Ferrara and Fabrizio Ravanelli.

“The difference between a Coach and a great Coach is empathy,” said the recently-retired star.

“The thing I have learned from this course is how to deal with the human resources in a team. I have always been very attentive to this aspect and started studying it by observing the tacticians at Milan.

“Ancelotti, for example, has an incredible capacity for dealing with the squad as a unit.”

Over the 20 years he spent at San Siro, Costacurta has had the opportunity to watch and learn from the greats.

“I remember the first speech Sacchi gave to the side when he took charge. ‘We shall aim to surprise,’ he said.”

He shadowed Ancelotti last season as an unofficial assistant manager – as former teammate Mauro Tassotti has that role – and is now ready to break out on his own.

“I am really excited at the idea of teaching football from on the training field. It’s the hardest thing for a Coach to ensure everyone is happy and involved in the project.

“There’s nothing to say I’ll get a job quickly, though. Many Presidents are frightened by the idea of handing the reins to a debutant.

“Besides, my wife will be working in theatre for the next few months and I don’t want our son Achille to grow up with a nanny, so if I do work, it’ll be close to home. After that period, I have no qualms about a club in any division or country.”

Costacurta has been keeping a close eye on Euro 2008 and the Spanish success story, as well as the impressive performances from Russia and Turkey.

“The message from that tournament is that if you have players with great technique, then use them. If you don’t have them, then make your squad move as fast as possible.”

way to go Billy, I'm sure we'll see him coaching his way up soon enough.

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Last edited:

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Best of luck to Billy. Hope he returns one day as our manager.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
I'd like to see either one of Paolo or Billy coaching our side. Ideally, one as head and the other as assistant. But since Paolo has no plans of perusing a coaching career for now, it would be great to see Billy at the forefront once more.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy's got that 'ironic smile' which he has on his face when we suck. If I were a player, and he my manager, that would be pretty motivating :D

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He also said he didn't want their son to be raised by a nanny, that he wanted to be there for him. :proud:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Costacurta Set For Torino?
Ex-Milan legend Alessandro Costacurta has become the hot favourite to replace coach Gianni De Biasi on the Granata hot-seat-

...http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=925423

Hope Billy gets the job ,it`s a good place to start as a manager ,and we can loan some youngesters to Torino in the future.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Az. said:
Costacurta Set For Torino?
Ex-Milan legend Alessandro Costacurta has become the hot favourite to replace coach Gianni De Biasi on the Granata hot-seat-

...http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=925423

Hope Billy gets the job ,it`s a good place to start as a manager ,and we can loan some youngesters to Torino in the future.
abate is still there good for the kid, buy back gorcuff and sent him there

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Serie B: Mantova call in Billy

Former Milan defensive legend Alessandro Costacurta is the new boss of Serie B side Mantova, replacing Giuseppe Brucato.

In recent times, Mantova have become Second Division play-off contenders and had been expected to finish amongst the top 10 this term.

However, the Virgilani have only managed to pick up 13 points and are in the bottom half of the table.

A defeat against Parma last Saturday persuaded the club to change Coach and take on ex-Milan assistant boss Costacurta, who has signed a two-year contract.

Costacurta, who turned down the Pisa job in pre-season will make his debut tomorrow away to lowly Rimini as he begins his first adventure as a Coach.
ch4

Congratulations and good luck Billy! :star:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Congrats billy!

I was hoping he would start in Torino ,but maybe it`s better to gain experience this way,hope he manages to promote them in serie A.

Reaction score
1643059331_10272008_1.jpg

1376992562_10272008_2.jpg

746660967_10272008_3.jpg

361138993_10272008_4.jpg

1329223306_10272008_5.jpg

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From A.C. Milan to A.C. Mantova. Good luck to Billy, hope to see him back in Red and Black again. Some experience before he takes over here is welcomed, since somehow I know he will come one day.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The owner of Mantova looks like a hippy .

Fun fact : Dino Zoff started there,so let`s hope the legend of coach Billy starts there to :star:

p.s: since we have some players in serie b ,and now a former player as a coach,should we open a official serie b thread?

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well we don't have Serie A thread, we have Italian Football Thread. I believe Serie B can be discussed there.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Such a great thing to hear for the greatest defender of all time. :proud: A lot of clubs went for him which means he really must be something special on this craft.

All the best Billy! Kick some ass over there and then come back where you really belong. :star:

Schedule