English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiero

Reaction score
Im pretty sure hes talking about Welbecks 2nd goal.

There was a second goal? :lol: I turned it off after Van Persie's second. Swansea were playing the better football yet were getting mauled on the scoreboard.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
There was a second goal? :lol: I turned it off after Van Persie's second. Swansea were playing the better football yet were getting mauled on the scoreboard.

4-1 was the final score

ibbwdOtcSJva7X.gif

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
So far Manchester (yep, I won't call them United just like the British call us AC) wins the most boring football award as expected. And does Moyes think he's still coaching Everton? Wear a suit, dude.

I love it when people call us Manchester because it pisses the City fans off so much :lol:

I've never heard anyone call Milan 'AC'.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Haha fuck Van Persie, Lampard with goal of the round!

Are you kidding??

The goalkeeper actually should have saved Lampard's shot on second viewing. Both Robin's goals, and Wellbeck's 2nd were superior.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I love it when people call us Manchester because it pisses the City fans off so much :lol:

True, they always refer to them as "Milan".

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria

you'd be surprised, lots of dumb brits and americans call milan "ac".... like wtf, lets call inter "fc" while we're at it

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
United have had a combined offer of 28M rejected for Fellaini + Baines

Fellaini's buyout clause was 23M and that's finished now....our transfer offers are a joke :lol:

Not that I want either. FFS.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The only way I'm happy Osvaldo moved to England is that I can watch him more readily.

Loads of people call us 'AC'... and it's not even armchair fans. It probably happens more with the likes of Jamie Redknapp and Garth Crooks than with regular football followers.

neutral

Milan Icon
Reaction score
United have had a combined offer of 28M rejected for Fellaini + Baines

Fellaini's buyout clause was 23M and that's finished now....our transfer offers are a joke :lol:

Not that I want either. FFS.

I read its 16 for fellaini and 12 for baines. Except you had a 12 mil bid for baines rejected about one month ago :lol::lol:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I firmly believe Osvaldo is the best striker to be brought to England this transfer window.

Better than Negredo and Soldado, imo.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.

Alan Myers

Director of Communications

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
United fan, what's happening here? I assume Moyes isn't in charge of numbers and negotiations, so why is the club doing this to him?

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I firmly believe Osvaldo is the best striker to be brought to England this transfer window.

:thumbsup:
In a good environment with good service he can be scary good.
Shame he wasn't patient enough, and chose money over a better team... Inter, Atletico, Spurs and Zenit were all in for him, but he claimed Southampton wanted to wrap the deal up as quick as possible.
It's a good bit of business by Roma tho, 20 mil for a player who's abused by fans on daily basis, is massively unsettled, swore at the coach in public etc.

I really wanted Osvaldo here before we got Balo.. We have no space for him tho :(

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
United fan, what's happening here? I assume Moyes isn't in charge of numbers and negotiations, so why is the club doing this to him?

You say that, but we were warned by many Everton fans when he took over that he does have a say in the price. He was the same at Everton, so perhaps it's a case of Moyes underestimating the difference between United + Everton.

Tbh I actually think the valuation is fair, but it's just ridiculous because it was never going to be accepted. Like 26M for Fabregas, followed by 30M (when Fabregas wouldn't have joined anyway). Everton won't sell unless we overpay.

It could also be Woodward's fault (new chief exec).

A respected journo from the Guardian said Moyes backed out of the Thiago chase because he was a player that SAF/the club had scouted and not him, and he also decided against going for Modric because Moyes felt he often hid in the big games.

Moyes has looked the part so far, but in the transfer market he's been naïve and looked a bit of an idiot, tbh.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The only way I'm happy Osvaldo moved to England is that I can watch him more readily.

Loads of people call us 'AC'... and it's not even armchair fans. It probably happens more with the likes of Jamie Redknapp and Garth Crooks than with regular football followers.

I've never heard anyone say 'AC', ever. Not in person or on tv.
A few people do call Inter 'Milan' though.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Moyes has looked the part so far, but in the transfer market he's been naïve and looked a bit of an idiot, tbh.

And this is what matters. THE TRANSFER MARKET!

you must be respected on the transfer market.

i couldn't disagree anymore. He might be most 'talented' (though i think negredo is underrated) but he's also easily least reliable and most tempermental.

i'd take negredo 10/10 over him, cause he's a professional.

Actually I'll take jovetic to light EPL on fire. He'll fit city like a glove. Really good at dribbling and driving attack into space, especially on the break.

EPL gibves you a lot of those opportunities.

I've never heard anyone say 'AC', ever. Not in person or on tv.
A few people do call Inter 'Milan' though.

i've only seen AC on forums/websites etc, and i'm guessing its mostly tied to people trying to shorthand/be lazy

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A respected journo from the Guardian said Moyes backed out of the Thiago chase because he was a player that SAF/the club had scouted and not him, and he also decided against going for Modric because Moyes felt he often hid in the big games.

This Guardian journalist?

Guardian linking Utd with Modric: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/09/moyes-luka-modric-manchester-united

Also talking a mountain of shit about him. "Questions regarding his goal return" - presumably their football writers don't rate Xavi either.

If so, he doesn't seem like someone to be trusted. He comes out with the type of criticisms that people make of Modric based mainly on the fact that he looks like a malnourished 10-year-old. And the lack of goals thing just sounds like something he made up to fill space.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

i wouldn't believe this....

there are way too many people who don't like moyes, in the sense of... don't think he's worthy of being Fergie's successor.

-

I can't believe he'd tell united higher ups no to a player like Thiago. Odds are they couldn't compete with pep, which makes sense

I've said it all along, Moyes is set up to be a fall guy. Following SAF legacy is downright impossible.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Expecting City to impress me greatly. I really like the look of this side.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Silva yes yes yes yes YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This Guardian journalist?

If so, he doesn't seem like someone to be trusted. He comes out with the type of criticisms that people make of Modric based mainly on the fact that he looks like a malnourished 10-year-old. And the lack of goals thing just sounds like something he made up to fill space.

Actually it was Daniel Taylor from the Mail I believe. My bad.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
What a goal. You can't fuck with that.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i wouldn't believe this....

there are way too many people who don't like moyes, in the sense of... don't think he's worthy of being Fergie's successor.

-

I can't believe he'd tell united higher ups no to a player like Thiago. Odds are they couldn't compete with pep, which makes sense

I've said it all along, Moyes is set up to be a fall guy. Following SAF legacy is downright impossible.

The media quite like him. Whilst he's doing well they'll love him as it's a British manager in the top job. Most think he's right for the job.

Obviously as soon we drop points the media will turn and crucify him. Next Monday we're at home to Chelsea. The media will love that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule