Champions League Group Stage: Liverpool FC - AC Milan 15/09/2021 21:00 CET

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
A lot to be proud of tonight.

Lets remember the facts. We are a very inexperienced team in the UCL. Anfield on our first game back is the hardest game possible. They were all over us for 40 mins. But a few players kept their heads up and did us proud even during that period. I'm looking at Maignan and Tomori. But to not just roll over and get thumped is remarkable. You have to note, we aren't used to being on the ropes like that. So managing to find the ability to fight back and put together some beautiful football for two goals is insane.

This game should give us confidence, we came up against the best and showed we can hurt them. We can survive an onslaught. Their goal was very lucky. And in the end we were beaten by an insane long ranger.

In many ways, we aren't an Italian team. The past 15 years, we've seen Italian teams struggle with the pace of the game that the top european teams play at. We can match it.

Atletico will be a different game. A very tight game. It'll be hard to score twice. But with Giroud/Ibra, I think we can get one and hopefully keep them quiet.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Hate to say it but Bennacer isn't a starter anymore.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Look, it doesn't get much harder in the elite of European Football than in Liverpool on Anfield Road in a CL night. That's a fact.

Sure, there's still a long road ahead of us. But we're not that far away. If we can put a good fight here, we can compete with everyone in Europe.

I'm disappointed for the result, but not for the spirit. And man what a way to go in that 2nd half. If only Kjaers goal was valid. Who knows what could have been. But that's football. Some little details can radically influence the course of a whole game.

Anyway, Forza Milan!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A lot to be proud of tonight.

Lets remember the facts. We are a very inexperienced team in the UCL. Anfield on our first game back is the hardest game possible. They were all over us for 40 mins. But a few players kept their heads up and did us proud even during that period. I'm looking at Maignan and Tomori. But to not just roll over and get thumped is remarkable. You have to note, we aren't used to being on the ropes like that. So managing to find the ability to fight back and put together some beautiful football for two goals is insane.

This game should give us confidence, we came up against the best and showed we can hurt them. We can survive an onslaught. Their goal was very lucky. And in the end we were beaten by an insane long ranger.

In many ways, we aren't an Italian team. The past 15 years, we've seen Italian teams struggle with the pace of the game that the top european teams play at. We can match it.

Atletico will be a different game. A very tight game. It'll be hard to score twice. But with Giroud/Ibra, I think we can get one and hopefully keep them quiet.
100% spot on.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini came in because he can actually play in the box if we were crossing in the ball, but most of you want to act smart and cant think even if there was nothing else to do in life.

What did he do, he ball watched. He?s not good enough. With keep Rebic on or figure something else out. Honestly Ballo would have been better.

Hopefully Messias gets fit we short up front.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Neither is Kessie tbh. If Krunic didn't get injured he'd play this match.

I think the issue was he was trying to cover too much ground, because his midfield partner (Bennacer) was behind the play for most the game.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A lot to be proud of, if the side wasn't scared shitless for the first 35' it might have been a different story

Took an own goal and a screamer to beat this Milan

At least Atletico dropped points

acmilano84

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The third goal of Liverpool isn't lucky. It is the mistake from our side while Bennacer put the header in the middle of the box. This should not happen really

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
All things considered, we did well. PSG drawing against Club Brugge despite having Messi, Neymar and Mbappe or Inter losing at home to Real make this less painful.

I disagree, if those two clubs were in direct competition to us, would've made this less painful. But right now, we are at the bottom of Group B.

Inexperience and fear/jitters (possibly caused by a fully packed stadium?) made our performance much worse.

There were many positives.. Maignan did well, Brahim showed he could be useful against teams that attack us and hence are vulnerable to counters.

Bennacer easily flop of the match, not sure what got to him. Kessie ffs

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Easy easy bro. Porto is also difficult. Our attack is hit or miss.

Hit or miss? I haven't checked, but since Pioli has taken over, we've beaten all the top teams. And I'm pretty sure we've scored all the top Serie A teams and against Liverpool tonight. And broke the european record for most consecutive games with scoring a goal.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
3-2 reminds me of the semi final against Manchester United at Old Trafford in 2007. Goals came in similar phases, if I'm not mistaken. They started well, we took control, then Maldini got injured and we lost control.

Only 1 point from second place, good to be back.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
What did he do, he ball watched. He?s not good enough. With keep Rebic on or figure something else out. Honestly Ballo would have been better.

Hopefully Messias gets fit we short up front.
Lol, you guys pick one incident where it was slowed down to the max and say he ball watched. What the fuck did the rest of the team do? Our players asking for ridiculous salaries played like fucking amateurs and people dissing on Maldini for not changing the game.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
pros

we didnt fall apart.

We could have. After 15 minutes, we really played so badly, it was a moment of relfection were we would have all felt like, whao, apart from Mike, and Tomori, this team has really not come here correctly.

I was really disappointed with the other 3 defenders, the 2 mids. It was something like, dont give me the ball, i dont want it, please dont let me get involved.

Rebic was fantastic. Best player on our side of the pitch. Mike was also huge. I shouldnt forget he saved a pen, was positionally great, and made a lot look easy. Also was one of only 2, that was really ready.

Diaz did everything he could. Dribbled well. Took the team forward, didnt try and go backwards.

Leao was Leao. Involved for the goals, give him space to run into, he will do well. Also, his passing is actually very good in those tight areas.

Hopefully now the team will look at this like, you know what, we shit our pants and suffered, we got really outplayed, and we went ready. But, we got through it, even went ahead, and hopefully now will go into games better.

Mad night. a 3-2 loss doesnt seem so bad, but thats because of just how bad we played in multiple areas. And we lead this game......but it never felt like we would keep it.

Anyway, forza milan.

:star::star::star:
Cant disagree with anything here

It was a bit humbling that many of our key players didnt play to their level and Liverpool never went to their top level. Other than those 5 - 10 mins we were severely on the back foot but as you said we didnt fall apart and if Brahim had one of those outside the foot flick passes get through it couldve been a level game.

I expect us to bounce back on the weekend and be more alive in our next CL match
Forza Milan

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
It's a shame the way they scored their goals, they were avoidable but these are the mistakes you learn from. Good showing and I feel like we will have our say in this group until the end. We should be proud of our approach and now annihilate Juve.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I mean... I hate to say it but Liverpool are a team.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Neither is Kessie tbh. If Krunic didn't get injured he'd play this match.

He wouldn?t have started but yes obviously he?d be subbed in for this performance

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Nothing to drink, nothing to smoke, nothing to eat......wtf am I supposed to do now

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Look, it doesn't get much harder in the elite of European Football than in Liverpool on Anfield Road in a CL night. That's a fact.

Sure, there's still a long road ahead of us. But we're not that far away. If we can put a good fight here, we can compete with everyone in Europe.

I'm disappointed for the result, but not for the spirit. And man what a way to go in that 2nd half. If only Kjaers goal was valid. Who knows what could have been. But that's football. Some little details can radically influence the course of a whole game.

Anyway, Forza Milan!

yea, people dont watch other clubs football

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
Actually his touch on the ball is very decent. I?ve seen Primavera players hyped for much less.

I mean, yeah, he shows some nice touches here and there but that’s really all we have seen so far.

But obviously he is pretty highly regarded so let’s see what happens.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
What did Daniel do wrong? He actually had a pretty decent cameo.

Idiots on this forum will hate on him because he's the son of Paolo

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
A lot to be proud of tonight. Reason to why we lost are clear and no surprise.

1: level of the liverpool team is higher
2: no experience from this level
3: high pressure from the opposition (something i really thought was what was gonna kill us, but we handled it better than expected)

Forza Milan!

(to all the idiots starting to single out players, go fuck yourselves).

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
3-2 reminds me of the semi final against Manchester United at Old Trafford in 2007. Goals came in similar phases, if I'm not mistaken. They started well, we took control, then Maldini got injured and we lost control.

Only 1 point from second place, good to be back.

:thumbsup:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Hate to say it but Bennacer isn't a starter anymore.

I think the issue was he was trying to cover too much ground, because his midfield partner (Bennacer) was behind the play for most the game.

The third goal of Liverpool isn't lucky. It is the mistake from our side while Bennacer put the header in the middle of the box. This should not happen really

giphy.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini actually did well, not sure why he's getting any shit.

I was pretty skeptical about the whole "experience" thing, but my God, it was so clear in the first half and the start of the second. But once we settled, we looked so much better.

Tonali is our first choice midfielder. Kessie and Bennacer can fight between each other for the other spot. Sales deserves more respect, Leao did well, and Rebic is a monster. I worry that he hurt himself.

The team is young though. This was a tough game. I'm proud of them, and we can see where there is room to improve. Theo and Calabria did so much better as the game progressed, Tomori was great defensively, but he needs to be crisper in his passing.

We needed to be more patient and we rushed, worried, and played into their plans. It's okay, they needed a deflection for their first and a wonder goal for their winner. We just cut them apart.

We can beat Atletico and Porto. They're tough teams, no doubt, but Atletico look stale in attack, not just against Porto, but in Spain. We can do this.

Schedule