The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Are you for or against Sheva's return?
For 132 67.35%
Against 64 32.65%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2015, 03:02   #9361
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon
 
Soldier_of_god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

That liverpool team we played against in 05 was pretty overrated
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:18   #9362
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
That liverpool team we played against in 05 was pretty overrated
I can't stand Liverpool and especially that fucking diver Gerrard. I'm glad we got our revenge in 2007 and karma got back at him last year.

Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:42   #9363
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon
 
Soldier_of_god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

Technically we Should have won 3 ucl titles. Maybe 4, hell, that loss to that roided up deportivo side. As if we would lose to bloody monaco and porto lel.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 05-03-2015 at 04:05.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:16   #9364
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
That liverpool team we played against in 05 was pretty overrated
I meant the Milan side lol... FFS liverpool had jimmy traore, baros and harry kewl

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
Technically we Should have won 3 ucl titles. Maybe 4, hell, that loss to that roided up deportivo side. As if we would lose to bloody monaco and porto lel.
Indeed.... we could have made it to 5 finals on the bounce... remember 2006.

Just glad we exacted revenge in the final of 2007 ....



Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:19   #9365
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_Somewhere View Post
I can't stand Liverpool and especially that fucking diver Gerrard. I'm glad we got our revenge in 2007 and karma got back at him last year.

Thank you Ba. You saved us


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:28   #9366
leaf
voodoo donkey
 
leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ba, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Shevchenko, Neymar, Seedorf, R.Carlos, CR7, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
Thank you Ba. You saved us
He watches over us all


Signature
#Expertz on Roma:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
I don't think even conte can make this clown a good defender. worst defender we've ever had
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Musa is better than Romagnoli.
on Berto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer
Berto … could be to us for the next 5 years, what Marchisio is to Juve.
leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 13:42   #9367
Sorriso Sempre
AC Milan Icon
 
Sorriso Sempre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
Technically we Should have won 3 ucl titles. Maybe 4, hell, that loss to that roided up deportivo side. As if we would lose to bloody monaco and porto lel.
potentially 2003-2007 we had tge best squad and coach and we couls have won every CL.

2003 we won it and we were better than jube
2004 we lost 4-0 after winning 4-1,,,maybe ortega sold half his empire to before the match...
2005 by far the better squad of all these years.sheva and crespo at theri very best.pirlo gattuso seedorf at their best form(together) and kaka started firing at full cylinders....
2006 we all know what happened with uefalona and that disgraceful puyol
2007 justice came back even though we were far from best team...we had that grit to win a game against anyone when it mattered.

i mean with 1-2 smart transfers to rejuvenate the team(like buying essien to fit in slowly with seedorf and pirlo and rest gennaro) we could have won all of them and skyrocket our brand and our fame.

now if you want to build a squad of equal football value u ll need at least 500-600 m and ofc luck with the team chemistry+ one wc coach


Signature
Sorriso Sempre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 14:11   #9368
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon
 
Soldier_of_god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

we should have won 4 ucl titles, not 2 during carlo's tenure. Still love carlo though .
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 16:45   #9369
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Principe F.R View Post
potentially 2003-2007 we had tge best squad and coach and we couls have won every CL.

2003 we won it and we were better than jube
2004 we lost 4-0 after winning 4-1,,,maybe ortega sold half his empire to before the match...
2005 by far the better squad of all these years.sheva and crespo at theri very best.pirlo gattuso seedorf at their best form(together) and kaka started firing at full cylinders....
2006 we all know what happened with uefalona and that disgraceful puyol
2007 justice came back even though we were far from best team...we had that grit to win a game against anyone when it mattered.

i mean with 1-2 smart transfers to rejuvenate the team(like buying essien to fit in slowly with seedorf and pirlo and rest gennaro) we could have won all of them and skyrocket our brand and our fame.

now if you want to build a squad of equal football value u ll need at least 500-600 m and ofc luck with the team chemistry+ one wc coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
we should have won 4 ucl titles, not 2 during carlo's tenure. Still love carlo though .
What an amazing team we had if we would have won those 4 CL that feat would have not been repeated again, especially in this new era.

The 2005 final will always hurt. We were winning and dominated but still ended up losing

Last edited by Allan_Sombrero; 05-03-2015 at 16:51.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 19:19   #9370
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
we should have won 4 ucl titles, not 2 during carlo's tenure. Still love carlo though .
Gotta love Carlo. Such a chilled out dude.


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 19:40   #9371
Sven
Super Moderator
 
Sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

2 trophies and 3 finals in 5 years is already fantastic. There's no should here.

Other teams get a vote.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 20:07   #9372
Tantalis
Heyoka
 
Tantalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default

05 is pretty much still an open wound, but you cant knock liverpool. what they did was a miracle. It would hurt much more if we never got our revenge in 07.

06 robbed by uefalona. its such a clear goal that the video was removed by uefa on youtube. milan would have won the tourney no doubt.
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 20:15   #9373
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
2 trophies and 3 finals in 5 years is already fantastic. There's no should here.

Other teams get a vote.
You're being too nice Sven. We AC Milan should have won them 4 trophies forget the other teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalis View Post
05 is pretty much still an open wound, but you cant knock liverpool. what they did was a miracle. It would hurt much more if we never got our revenge in 07.

06 robbed by uefalona. its such a clear goal that the video was removed by uefa on youtube. milan would have won the tourney no doubt.
Funny thing is I saw that they removed the video when I went to look for it yesterday. Xavi must have complained about it to UEFA
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 20:16   #9374
Sven
Super Moderator
 
Sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

That goal would take us to extra time and it was a close tie.

Also, Arsenal was no pushover
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 20:46   #9375
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
That goal would take us to extra time and it was a close tie.

Also, Arsenal was no pushover
We could of beaten them both

But that Arsenal team was very good with Henry, Hleb, Pires, Fabregas, Cole, and Campbell. However, between Barcelona and Arsenal; Arsenal was the easier of the two teams if Milan would have played Arsenal in that final.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 23:16   #9376
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon
 
Soldier_of_god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

We would have destroyed arsenal no doubt. Forget the disallowed goal against uefalona, we would have certainly won the ucl in 03 if that deportivo side had not been infused with drugs. Deportivo would never have been able to beat us through fair means that year cause we had a stacked team.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:05   #9377
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon
 
Massaro94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Grande Britain
Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
We would have destroyed arsenal no doubt. Forget the disallowed goal against uefalona, we would have certainly won the ucl in 03 if that deportivo side had not been infused with drugs. Deportivo would never have been able to beat us through fair means that year cause we had a stacked team.
Swagger is all of this in relation to that spanish doctor.. Fuentes


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:15   #9378
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon
 
Soldier_of_god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

To an extent but just look at their team. They had some washed up midfielders who outran all our star players. It isnt remotely possible for those past it players to perform so well and turn around a huge deficit without taking EPO or any other performance enhancing drug.

Last edited by Soldier_of_god; 06-03-2015 at 04:32.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:44   #9379
Allan_Sombrero
AC Milan Icon
 
Allan_Sombrero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan_swagger View Post
To an extent but just look at their team. They had some washed up midfielders who outran all our star player. It isnt remotely possible for those past it players to perform so well and turn around a huge deficit without EPO or any other performance enhancing drug.
I agree. They were taking something because in the first leg they played NOTHING like they did in the second. Also, the average age of the Deportivo team was like 32 and they were running around and pressuring in the last minutes like they were 20 year old kids.
Allan_Sombrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:38   #9380
Soldier_of_god
AC Milan Icon
 
Soldier_of_god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: brisbane
Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Default

They definitely doped. Btw i read an article abouy helenio herrera's team. Apparently, he forced many of his players to take performance enhancing drugs. At the time, they dint have the technology to actually conduct periodic doping tests on a regular basis and the technology wasnt advanced enough to identify the disintegrated properties of these performance enhancing substances. Hence, helenio was absolved from any sort of blame whatsoever.
Soldier_of_god is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:04.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.