Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
tumblr_o3tx94u1Hr1qdtqavo1_1280.jpg

http://funnylittlefellow.tumblr.com/post/140801908868

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Alessio did a 'meet & greet' yesterday!

From Football Italia:

Alessio Romagnoli assured Milan are “all behind” Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic and he “hopes to become a club symbol.”

The Rossoneri are nine points off third place after a 2-0 defeat to Sassuolo and want to get back on track against Chievo this weekend.

“Will I start? I don’t know, the Coach has to decide. I am recovered, in good shape and trained well,” the defender told MilanNews.it.

“We played very badly against Sassuolo, so now have to get back on our feet and win in Verona. The Champions League remains our objective. As long as we’re up there, we’ll try to get it, but of course we have to hope Roma don’t break away too much.”

There was talk this week of Mihajlovic quitting or even being sacked at the end of the season.

“These are questions you need to ask him and the club. I can only say he has been fundamental for me, both at Milan and Sampdoria, so I hope to continue working with him.

“I share what Cristian Abbiati said, we all do, as we are all behind Mihajlovic.”

Romagnoli was a huge buy at €25m over the summer from Roma, so did he feel extra pressure?

“No, I do know that President Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani made a great effort to get me here. My teammates helped me to settle and I am slowly trying to reach peak form.

“I hope to become a symbol for Milan, as this is a huge club and I want to remain for as long as possible.

“Of course I hope to be part of Euro 2016, but I don’t know what choices the Coach will make. I have to give my all and hope to be called.”

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
why is balotelli and de sciglio painted on the plane? no abate or jack? or even antonelli or kucka?

political correctness

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Very funny, it's not our plane.
Anyway we may well be in Europe next year.

Forza Milan!

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Our Alessio has been called up to Italy's U21 team, along with Donna & Calabria.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
As long as they keep this guy, I'm happy. ❤️

Gigio too ❤️

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessio & Gigio played today, Italy beat Ireland 4-1, Roma scored!

❤❤❤

Last edited:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli & Donnarumma played 90 minutes again for the U21s in their qualifying match v Andorra, we won 1 - 0! ❤

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From TheWorldGame yesterday:

Romagnoli rejects talk of unrest at AC Milan

AC Milan defender Alessio Romagnoli has rejected claims that problems in the dressing room are behind his side's recent dip in form.
Milan have flirted with the European places in Serie A all season under Sinisa Mihajlovic, but a run of no wins in their last four games has seen them slip six points off city rivals Inter in fifth.

Since reaching the Coppa Italia final in early March, Milan have only taken two points from a possible 12 and reports have suggested there could be issues within the dressing room at San Siro.
However, Romagnoli says the squad are together and focused on finishing the season strongly.

"Personality problems? No. If Milan chose us that's because they saw the right personality in us to play at San Siro," he told Corriere della Sera.
"But it's true that we messed up a lot, above all lacking concentration with the smaller teams.

"Now there are seven games left and we have to play them like seven finals. The objective is the Europa League: the Champions League is distant, but we want direct access to the Europa League, so fourth place."

Given Milan's form, the future of Mihajlovic has also come under scrutiny, but Romagnoli insists the squad are behind their Serbian coach.
"He's one who tells you things to your face and doesn't make distinctions between big and small players," he said.
"I must thank him. He let me play at Sampdoria and wanted me here.
"Do I want him to stay? Those are choices that belong to the club, I can only say that we're happy to work with him and would like to continue."

I adore this player

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Hate to say this, but today he was below average even for our side and got completely outplayed by Mandzukic when Juve scored the first goal.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
Zaza also made fun of him for that little time he played.Roma is slowly but surely affected by team not playing good.I think Zapata need more chance insted Roma.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Hate to say this, but today he was below average even for our side and got completely outplayed by Mandzukic when Juve scored the first goal.

Yup.

But more alarming than this, was the fact Buffon was allowed to advance so far out from his area without any pressure, and then allowed to make the long pass to Mandzukic. That actually pisses me off more than the Roma blunder.

Screenshot_from_2016_04_10_02_42_29_png_PNG_Ima.png

FFS he's ahead of his defence.

At first I thought it might have been a free kick... but having just seen the highlights it was open play :mad:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's so good most of the time, I still love him & think he's our best CB even though he might have had a below par game.

He's young & he's learning all the time.

Forza Milan!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Some say he's biggest weakness is that he often doesn't mark his opponents close enough. He let's them too much space at times which lead into the goal yesterday (in addition to Alex ingenious positioning and the non-existent pressing when Buffon almost advanced to the middleline).

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He's 21 and carried our defence for practically the whole year.

The Buffon advance is shameful, but the guy has got to be tired now, considering he also plays U-21 as well.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's 21 and carried our defence for practically the whole year.

The Buffon advance is shameful, but the guy has got to be tired now, considering he also plays U-21 as well.

No.

He's done very well considering his age and lack of experience, but if anybody has carried our defense then it's Alex.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No.

He's done very well considering his age and lack of experience, but if anybody has carried our defense then it's Alex.

I agree with this.

Alex has had a better season than Romagnoli, but Alessio has had an impressive season too. Definitely not carried the defence though... would be interesting to know who his partner will be next year.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
abate is shite at the back, postionally awful

alex has to cover for him making it harder for romagnoli to deal with 2 strikers often on his own

tbh antonelli sometimes is out of position but not as bad as abate

Schedule