All About Movies

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
if you like French movies, try watching: La Haine, Pact des loupes, Haute Tension, Le grand bouffe, Irreversilbe, Jean-Pierre Jeunet made some big classics too.
I've seen la haine, two or three times. The first time I kept checking the red, yellow and white wires. I was wondering why there was no color.

I'll try to find those other ones you mentioned. French cinema is fantastic

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Just watched Tenet.

What the fuck was that?!
If someone needs it explained, which is probably everyone without a PhD in physics, here's the best video I've found

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dune was good. That skinny kid is no Kyle MacLachlan but was afraid they would completely mess it up.
Movie was good but felt incomplete. Like opening episode of a series. Gonna give the year 2000 series a go.

fuck thomas lemar

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Movie was good but felt incomplete. Like opening episode of a series. Gonna give the year 2000 series a go.

fuck thomas lemar
That was the point, just setting up the plot, understanding the context/universe. 2nd one should be a blast

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
Bale+Catwomen+lots of awesome bad guys=win.

Was not really looking forward to The Hobbit,cause while i love the LOTR universe,i dont particularly like hobbits...well that trailer changed my mind.Cant fucking wait for a new movie:star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
It is a brilliant film all the same, one of the highlights so far of the year.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
the subs worked out very well

fuck that was good
it has a lot of different elements in it

need to watch it again
it will definetly win some prizes for sure
I am remarkably stingy with my 10/10 ratings. I'll be the first person to acknowledge this. Of the roughly 2600 titles I've rated on here, only 34 have a 10. Parasite is one of them. If this isn't a masterpiece, then I don't know what is

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
Haven't seen Wolf of Wall st?
I have seen very few films that have depicted the alpha male world so well. Women just do not compete in DiCaprio's world. All they serve as are sex objects. Women work on Wall Street in the more traditional brokerage houses, but not with him where being one of the boys is the first requirement. The world consists of 50% orgies and 50% piling up paper profits and later on hiding them from authorities. True of DiCaprio and true to a lesser extent of all his associates.

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
Parasyte is awesome.

Such a great movie.
More actors should have won from it.
I want to like anime so much but seem to struggle to find things to my taste. I believe anime comes under three categories, the cutesy stuff (Dragonball/Naruto) the artistic epics (Ghibli) and the darker content (Death Note/Attack On Titan). The cutesy stuff doesn't appeal at all and sadly that seems to make up 90% of the anime industry.

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
I can't wait for this, pure entertainment :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Godfather - This is a masterpiece. A timeless masterpiece. Initially, I didn't like this film all that much - I found it rather over-hyped and boring.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Godfather - This is a masterpiece. A timeless masterpiece. Initially, I didn't like this film all that much - I found it rather over-hyped and boring.
i need you to get in your time machine and come back to 2022

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I want to like anime so much but seem to struggle to find things to my taste. I believe anime comes under three categories, the cutesy stuff (Dragonball/Naruto) the artistic epics (Ghibli) and the darker content (Death Note/Attack On Titan). The cutesy stuff doesn't appeal at all and sadly that seems to make up 90% of the anime industry.

You should check this thread if you like anime.

Last edited:

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
But didn't he have a part in 'The Departed' where he was the friendlier cop? Well come to think of it, there was that scene where his anger got the better of him ...

r3dman, I really don't see much of a difference because, if I'm not mistaken, the English versions have the same production crew (director, special effects, etc.) as the Japanese ones. I watched The Grudge in english and this weekend The Grudge 2 in Japanese. Both distinctly had the same style ... of course not counting Sarah :(
Its a good story (a remake) that is largely swept to great heights by the performances of the cast.

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
I haven't seen yet this year's new release movies. So I'd rather watch A Beautiful Mind couple weeks ago. What a miss by mile I am. :)
I first watched this film when it had an advanced preview before its wide release. I liked the film but it did not feel it was a Best Picture Oscar winner and I believe screenwriter Akiva Goldsman is a hack of the worst kind.

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
Watched two movies yesterday, Austin Powers and The Island.

Austin Powers:

What a stupid movie! But honestly some parts made me laugh because it was way too stupid. Everything is stupid but not so bad cause you end up laughing.

The Island:

Not my type of movies at all, didn't like it.

I actually thought it was great. Of course Jessica Simpson is the best thing in the movie ;) She even confessed saying "Everybody in this movie had to work very hard, I just had to wear short shorts and act erotic" She surely was the best thing in the movie.
I liked "The Island" quite a bit due for two reasons: a depiction of the future which wasn't too "over the top", which was refreshing, coming from Bay, and that the leads were very effective at portraying their characters.

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
Watched two movies yesterday, Austin Powers and The Island.

Austin Powers:

What a stupid movie! But honestly some parts made me laugh because it was way too stupid. Everything is stupid but not so bad cause you end up laughing.

The Island:

Not my type of movies at all, didn't like it.

I actually thought it was great. Of course Jessica Simpson is the best thing in the movie ;) She even confessed saying "Everybody in this movie had to work very hard, I just had to wear short shorts and act erotic" She surely was the best thing in the movie.
A lot of good laughs in this first Austin Powers film, I do so hope Mike Myers does make still another one.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
A lot of good laughs in this first Austin Powers film, I do so hope Mike Myers does make still another one.
You want an Austin powers sequel?

your wish will be granted :lol:

thuhang

Beginner
Reaction score
Yip Man, Yip Man 2, Legend of the Fist : The Return of Chen Zhen.
Note : Yip Man is Bruce Lee master, the one who created Wing Chun kungfu style.
Watched it on Netflix, and was really excited for the first 10 minutes because for once in my lifetime I finally came across a MA movie that's not telling me the story about how the Chinese being invaded from whomever for whatever reasons.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Batman

Dark. . Hero like Drive, Taxi Driver. Villain like Mindhunter, Jigsaw. Atmosphere mix of them added Joker/70s New York. Some scenes mase me feel of Sin City. (jumps to riding). Long stares, long vistas of riding. Maybe a bit too long or too much.

Слава Україні! Героям Слава!

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Batman

Dark. . Hero like Drive, Taxi Driver. Villain like Mindhunter, Jigsaw. Atmosphere mix of them added Joker/70s New York. Some scenes mase me feel of Sin City. (jumps to riding). Long stares, long vistas of riding. Maybe a bit too long or too much.

Слава Україні! Героям Слава!
please clarify the 2022 Batman

thuhang may think it’s the 89 version youre referring to

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
I watched The Batman.

It's a great movie, a masterpiece
But I entered the cinema at a wrong state :lol:
Eversince MCU, I'm expecting every other superhero movie to be like a Milky Swiss chocolate (entertaining, kills boredom, etc).
But the moment The Batman starts, I already knew that's its going to be dark, heavy. Like a premium bitter dark chocolate.
So a bit off to my expectations, but I have to admit the cinematography is killing it

I might need to watch it again tho..

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Anyway,

What do you guys think of Robert Pattison as the new batman?

Schedule