Champions League Group Stage: Atletico Madrid vs AC Milan 24/11/2021 21:00 CET

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
If we beat Liverpool and Atletico win by same margin, do we qualify?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
we did this without Tomori, Leao, Rebic and Ibra for most of the game. Not mentioning Calabria because Kalulu is so wonderful.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
If we win, we have to hope Atletico win by the same margin or a draw.
Not that bad a position.
Considering that Liverpool play an open game and have nothing to fight for, we could smash them hard, although not gonna be easy with missing key players like Rebic.

Hard to believe Atletico will win with a big margin, if at all, considering how they play and that Porto will fight too.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
In the end we just need to win the Liverpool match by more goals than Atletico wins against Porto.
A draw for them will send us through, and Porto CANNOT win.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
We might have Magic Mike back for Liverpool. Will improve our testosterone levels significantly

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Romagnoli deserves credit btw fellas
Romag and kessie are immense tonight. Even if they are not renewing, these kind of performances leaves smile on your faces. You can tell they leave everything on the pitch without holding back

I also misjudge messiass and super happy with his goal, hoping that he will keep his head down and working harder in the future

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kessie played very well today. This was his best performance of the season.

If he continues to play like this, I'll want him to stay.

Bakayoko did a very good job today, it has to be said, he gave the space for Bennacer and Kessie to push up. Our 433 at the end was actually very lethal.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Romagnoli-Kjaer partnership is probably statistically stronger than Tomori-Kjaer. I remember before Tomori came, wasn't our defensive game our strongest point? I love Tomori but he's made more mistakes than I can remember Romagnoli making. He looked very good today. That italian ugliness needs to be part of Tomori's game. Roma fouled Suarez without getting a yellow in their half and stopped a potential counter. I think Tomori may have known to do the same but probably get a yellow. This is how he got his last yellow I think...

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Romagnoli and Kjaer were rock solid today. Totally shut down Suarez and Griezeman. Credit to them. Roma has been good this season, it must be said.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli-Kjaer partnership is probably statistically stronger than Tomori-Kjaer. I remember before Tomori came, wasn't our defensive game our strongest point? I love Tomori but he's made more mistakes than I can remember Romagnoli making. He looked very good today. That italian ugliness needs to be part of Tomori's game. Roma fouled Suarez without getting a yellow in their half and stopped a potential counter. I think Tomori may have known to do the same but probably get a yellow. This is how he got his last yellow I think...
This has to be the biggest lie. Romagnoli cost us several goals before Tomori came and constantly got bullied. There’s a reason he lost he’s spot and it isn’t cause he was injured or that he was so good, he was in dreadful form.

Tomori has been the best defender this season. Even better than Kjaer.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Where were the people who said we would get smashed from this group?

I don't usually do the whole vindictive thing. But I caught a lot of shit for saying that teams should be afraid of us, not us being afraid of them, so...

Please address your full written apologies to Paolo Maldini for Messias, please.
Maybe awards need to come back

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Kessie MOTM. Romagnoli 2nd. Diaz had a good first half. Saele played well and our full backs and Tonali was good too

Only bad players were Giroud and Krunic

Very happy with this win

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
Kessie MOTM. Romagnoli 2nd. Diaz had a good first half. Saele played well and our full backs and Tonali was good too

Only bad players were Giroud and Krunic

Very happy with this win
Disagree with both. I don't think we played in a way that was even remotely fair for Giroud to have any impact on the game. Count the crosses that went to him. He was also unlucky to get a yellow .I don't think he played good but surely not bad as it was beyond him.
Theo only looked good offensively as Krunic covered for him. Krunic sacrified parts of his game for Theo's offensiveness .

Overall Kessie, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Messias Jnr killed it. It was nice to see Brahim and Bakayoko shake off some rustiness and get back to some of their best form.

Really impressive performance and Pioli deserves utmost credit for getting this group of players to the win and our current standings in the league.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Just finished watching replay. Can't stop smiling this morning.

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't believe florenzi is any better defensively or offensively than Kalulu. That change didn't make much sense as Kalulu was doing really well. but the other changes were spot on.

Glad we have a chance.

Some of you guys need to calm down and lower expectations, there is a high chance we lose to liverpool as they don't really have any pressure while all the pressure is on us. And even then we have to have results go our way.

I believe but at least we got one win and highly likely that we take atleti out of it so thats a consolation if we don't make it.

so pumped we won.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
I watched on paramount with ignorant/depressing English fucks. This one seems much better

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Titanic and Rocky remix of the goal?

fuck thomas lemar

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Can we please start Ibra vs Liverpool? Our attack looked so much better when he came on.

Look now with this win, the chances for us to qualify are higher. Yes we are depending on Liverpool playing their B team and it’s still very good team. But I know we can beat that version of Liverpool

As for Porto/Atletico, the chances of them drawing are high in my opinion. We can do this. Let’s go all out for Liverpool man.

Gulagprisoner

yungfredduccini
Reaction score
Can we please start Ibra vs Liverpool? Our attack looked so much better when he came on.

Look now with this win, the chances for us to qualify are higher. Yes we are depending on Liverpool playing their B team and it’s still very good team. But I know we can beat that version of Liverpool

As for Porto/Atletico, the chances of them drawing are high in my opinion. We can do this. Let’s go all out for Liverpool man.
I hope so too...I feel like with ibra on the field...anything can happen

Ac liverpool will be a wild game
I cant believe im actually optimistic about facing liverpool

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we beat Liverpool and Atletico win by same margin, do we qualify?
Yes. We have a goal advantage over Atleti, so as long as they don't score more than us we're through. If they score one more goal over us then we see who has the fewest yellow and red cards (right now we have 4 more than them). If they score two or more goals over us they go through.

If Porto win, we're out no matter what.

We have to win.

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score

Win against Liverpool at stacked San Siro is doable no doubt.

What worries more is another game. According the games with Porto and Tico, Porto seems to be the stronger one. And they play at home.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Very happy for Messias. Great showing from Kessie too. Kjaer was classy as ever. Kalulu was very impressive, he's improved by leaps and bounds. Giroud was so disappointing. He didn't seem to add anything to the play. We really missed Leao and definitely missed Rebic. Brahim needs to bulk up, or he'll continue to struggle against physical sides. I'm so proud of this team. They give their all and never stop believing. We'll definitely go for Liverpool's throat in the last match.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very happy for Messias. Great showing from Kessie too. Kjaer was classy as ever. Kalulu was very impressive, he's improved by leaps and bounds. Giroud was so disappointing. He didn't seem to add anything to the play. We really missed Leao and definitely missed Rebic. Brahim needs to bulk up, or he'll continue to struggle against physical sides. I'm so proud of this team. They give their all and never stop believing. We'll definitely go for Liverpool's throat in the last match.
I'm honestly still not sold on Kalulu. Physically he's a beast and his decision making is excellent, he's brave and he's direct. The thing that bothers me is his technique and ball control sometimes fails him, too many bad touches when controlling first time, and his crossing is bad enough that Pioli feels the need to bring on Florenzi to compensate. We don't see the same buildup that we do with Calabria deep in our half, with quick triangles between him, Kjaer and Saelemaekers. When Kalulu gets the ball he usually feels hurried and either runs with it or hoofs it down the line. I would like to see him do what Calabria does, control the ball confidently out of the way of the opposition and pass and move. I know i'm being harsh on him, he's really really young and this is his second senior professional season. He's nowhere near as good as Calabria at this moment but if he improves this aspect of his game he can become better as his physical qualities are very impressive.

I don't think Brahim needs to bulk up more. He's a lot stronger this year that last season. He hasn't really been pushed off the ball against Atletico, he was kicked to the ground repeatedly. He was very effective at drawing fouls, but him getting bigger (and slower) won't add much to his game. What he needs to improve is his medium range passing. His short passing is excellent but when he needs to play longer than 5m he messes up way more than he should.

I don't think we should play Giroud as a starter at all anymore, except maybe against teams where we expect to be in their box a lot. He really doesn't add much beyond a threatening box presence, and it's holding us back. Ibra synergizes with the way we play a lot more, although he's not perfect. He doesn't press and he's slow, but what he adds outside the box is much more valuable than what Giroud does.

I was very happy to see a much better Bakayoko last night, hope he keeps improving and returns to the monster that had his own song by the curva.

Kessie. Please sign the fucking contract. Don't be an asshole.

Schedule