Champions League Round of 16: AC Milan vs Tottenham 14/02/2023 21:00 CET

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
But tbh Milan without Maignan, Bennacer, Ibra and Tomori is a whole different team
Honestly with Maignan and Bennacer back, im not worried about a collapse. The 1-0 is extremely frustrating (dear god those misses), but I think we would have all taken it before the game.

While Krunic and Tonali did ok, Ben was clearly missed. Also Rafa while showing sparks needs to start being a complete package now - some shocking final balls

Shevy_007

Omo Naija!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Pirlo, Nesta, Maldini, Baresi, van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard
2nd win in a row with a clean sheet. Good result and confidence boost for the next game against Monza.

Spurs being held to mostly shots outside the box against Tata. Great.

Team not yet back to its best. However, getting the formation and team balance right and bolstering the defense is an improvement. Next step is midfield and attack - which really comes down to confidence and form.

Would have been glorious had CDK and/or Thiaw scored their headers.

In 3 weeks the team should've regained its full form and roster (Mike and Bennacer in particular) with our left side back to its best. Getting to the QF of the CL, especially by way of beating an EPL team, would feel good for so many reasons.

Last edited:

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I would have scored what CDK missed.
I’m starting to get off the CDK hype train. I don’t think he has the mental fortitude to be an elite player. Look at guys like Thiaw, Kalulu, even Diaz. Enter the field fearless and without trepidation. CDK plays like a scared little girl.

Brahim in this RAM spot is growing on me if I’m being honest, I really like the kid

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ClearMeanDassierat-size_restricted.gif

Fg9R32zWIAAOfEM

The Championssssss anthem is back to ring out around San Siro!

Milan's last five games in all competitions: W, L,L,L,L
Tottenham's last five games in all competitions: L, W, W, W, L

Probable Milan XI: Tatarusanu; Kalulu, Kjær, Thiaw; Calabria, Krunic, Tonali, Theo; Saele, Giroud, Leao.

Probable Tottenham XI: Forster; Romero, Dier, Davies; Emerson, Sarr, Skipp, Perisic; Kulusevski, Son, Kane.

Forza Milan!
Please open return leg thread, sir!

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
In last months Pioli and staff have ruined the team with completely incompetent work. Now things need to be rebuilt.

This is a great win for the moral and for some sharpness and confidence ahead of Monza, Viola and Atalanta.

Attacking play is still very doubtfull but thats the lack of quality. We need Isma back.

343... we will see...
I still think 433 is the best choice. Our defending was good today but zero control of midfield.

Next year I hope we buy a quality 6 and play 433

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Wasnt a great performance but a wins a win, no matter how ugly. Shame CDK and Thiaw bottled golden chances to put the tie to bed.

We NEED Bennacer back for the second leg. That midfield was atrocious. Say what you want about Tonali and having to play with Krunic, but if he is as good as people say he is, he drastically needs to step up his game. There is absolutely no reason why he would get dominated by a young Sarr-Skipp duo. Its high time he steps up as we wont always have Bennacer to hold his hand.

Spurs will go all out in the second leg and they have the advantage of playing at home. Hopefully we will have Maignan and Bennacer back for the game. Tatarusanu was decent but he really wasnt tested much. And I have to hold my hand in my mouth everytime he has the ball at his feet. Dude looks like a deer caught in headlights and ita infuriating how long he takes to make a decision on where to kick the ball, had way too many close calls there.

Bennacer is desperately needed too as he is the only midfielder we have that knows how to play the ball forward and is press resistant. The amount of times we got pressed and then just passed the ball backward.

Also, would seriously consider playing Origi up front. As good as Giroud is, he is pretty useless if we are looking to play on the counter. Someone like Origi, although not optimum atleast has pace on his sides to launch a decent counter.

In other news, quite liked our set piece defending for a change, especially against a team that excels in set pieces such as Spurs. For once we actually looked calm and not panicked.

Thiaw is an absolute baller too.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Great work!
During the latest 3 matches (against Inter, Torino and Spurs) we conceded an only goal. Pioli keeps what he said and made the defence much more stable what was in January.
Yesterday everybody worked hard. Not only played Thiaw well but Saelemaekers as well.
Regarding the free kicks the referee sometimes favored the visitors but Kjaer did not get (a deserved) yellow in the first half. I am sorry for meaningless cards at the end for Tonali and Theo.

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Since you are surely joking about Diaz.
You honestly consider Tona better than Ben ?
Tonali has regressed since November. Bennacer is a very good player but he is a liability as dm . We need 3 cbs to protect his ass. Also Bennacer can’t pass more than 10 m. Thank god thiaw has long balls given kjaer and Mike are injured.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Funny thing is Bennacer is the actual next Pirlo while people expect Tonali to become the next Pirlo. Why can't management accept their players for who they are from a technical point of view.

Kessie - the true DM, born to do the job.

Bennacer - the true deep-lying playmaker, needs to be free from being pressed he will make wonders. He is the next Pirlo for all of you, not Tonali.

Tonali - central midfielder who is better suited to go forward, capable of shooting from a long range and getting into the box to actually score. When we dominate the midfield, having him around means suffocating opponents to death. Recall Verona away win. Do not make him defend heavily, he is not meant for the task. He is not Kessie. He does not suck as a footballer.

REPLACE KESSIE WITH A PROPER DM BRUH.

Now that makes us really ponder the 35m spent on CDK.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Funny thing is Bennacer is the actual next Pirlo while people expect Tonali to become the next Pirlo. Why can't management accept their players for who they are from a technical point of view.

Kessie - the true DM, born to do the job.

Bennacer - the true deep-lying playmaker, needs to be free from being pressed he will make wonders. He is the next Pirlo for all of you, not Tonali.

Tonali - central midfielder who is better suited to go forward, capable of shooting from a long range and getting into the box to actually score. When we dominate the midfield, having him around means suffocating opponents to death. Recall Verona away win. Do not make him defend heavily, he is not meant for the task. He is not Kessie. He does not suck as a footballer.

REPLACE KESSIE WITH A PROPER DM BRUH.

Now that makes us really ponder the 35m spent on CDK.
I see Bennacer similar to Veratti in the sense that he can dribble in close quarters and is press resistant. He plays the short passing game. We need a Kessie replacement. Our best midfield pairing was Kessie-Bennacer when we first started our resurgence. They were complimented by another midfielder who dropped in to progress the ball and contribute to the build up from the back.

I feel like people have been one dimensional in looking at De Ketelare. For some reason everyone decided that he is a forward when in fact his goal scoring record is nothing much to speak of. Yes he has the skills to play as a forward but rather than obsess about scoring goals he should find a way to make himself useful and do what he does best as a connector.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I'd written off both the derby and this one as no-hopers, so the result made me happy. We finally played as a team for the first time in a long while this season and it was good to see. Romero should've been sent off for that awful tackle on Sandro. He can be a good defender when he wants but he's dirty bastard and he shouldn't have gotten away with this. Kjaer really used his experience in negating Kane and though I prefer a more honest and courageous form of defending, Kjaer's age and pace are what they are and he used his knowledge as a veteran in winning this battle. Thiaw didn't look overawed at all, and more power to him. Here's to him becoming this season's Kalulu. It was good to see Tatarusanu pulling off a couple of decent saves. I think he's gaining confidence and that's terrific. Theo and Leao were marvelous.
I'm not Diaz's biggest fan but the kid has heart, you have to give him that. He might be 4-foot-3 or whatever he is but he always tries. And he made that goal happen with sheer determination. Wonderful to see.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
We did play carefully, but without much effort they create troubles for us too.. i think the team was focus and did a great game.

It didnt change my opinion about half of this team.. but i think it was a great game considering the situation were in last week.

Honestly, for the 2nd leg, it will be difficult to hold them.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Just checking VAR hasn't ruled the goal out?????

The fear is real... The goal still counts yeah????

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
So Spurs lost again. I want this QF so bad. Against Inter..

Schedule