Dida Thread

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
BMWTaylor said:
But why is Dudek ranked so high? :rolleyes:

7. Jerzy Dudek, Liverpool, 34
I think because he is very excellent when Liverpool 6:5 Milan.
In the PK, he had saved 2 thimes ( Pirlo and Sheva ), and Serginho kick the ball higher than the goal.
In fact, Dida is also good in that game.
I am really can't believe even if MIlan3:0, Liverpool can come back:head:
Does Dida is the best Goalkeeper to save PK ???

mzk57

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*JDT* *Sheva* *Makaay* *Gudjohnsen* *Lampard* *Zanetti* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Aimar* *Maradona*
Pupone said:
We ought to kick you out and for good!!!
You are so ignorant!Get over yourself...
Who cares...........:tongue:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
mzk57 said:
Who cares...........:tongue:
You think Cudicini is better than Dida ????:conf: Why ????
I think his father is better than Dida, but i think Dida is better than him:tongue:

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
I just read that Dida has been a captain against Ascoli since Ambro went off,what a honor! :star:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi9 said:
I just read that Dida has been a captain against Ascoli since Ambro went off,what a honor! :star:
Really ??? I think Dida threw the ball to Inzaghi and help him goal is very nice.;)
I think Dida is lack of confidence.:head: I had never seen he angry with our defenders. I think sometimes Dida should blame or speak loudly to our defenders.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pupone said:
We ought to kick you out and for good!!!
You are so ignorant!Get over yourself...
mzk seems to have a habit of talking out of both sides of his mouth. He goes down the ass-kissing route in "Let the people speak":

mzk57 said:
I called Dida a champenzee, but it was not because of his skin. I was very furious at him when I saw him leting in 6-7 goals in a couple of matches. I also donot like him as a player so one should understand that. I was also unaware of the rules its as simple as that.
And if you believe that, then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. :rolleyes:

Yuchen Li said:
Maybe you [mzk] don't like Dida.
No comment.

Inzaghi9 said:
I just read that Dida has been a captain against Ascoli since Ambro went off,what a honor!
Cool...where did you read that?

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Yuchen Li said:
Really ??? I think Dida threw the ball to Inzaghi and help him goal is very nice.;)
I think Dida is lack of confidence.:head: I had never seen he angry with our defenders. I think sometimes Dida should blame or speak loudly to our defenders.

Yes,i agree.
Dida keeps all his feelings in....
He should speak out but it's not his type of thing.
Dida is often referred to as a robot, especially by Inter fans....
but i think he is just very humble (just compare him with Buffon's reactions during the spot kicks in may 2003...) and maybe a bit shy...

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
I think it's great for Dida that he's the 2nd best goalkeeper, but it kinda surprised me, cause I think Buffon is better than Dida, honestly.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roksana said:
I think it's great for Dida that he's the 2nd best goalkeeper, but it kinda surprised me, cause I think Buffon is better than Dida, honestly.
Noone is better than an on-form Dida. ;)

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
milanist said:
Noone is better than an on-form Dida. ;)
Well, I must disagree and say, non is better than an on-form Buffon ;)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Cool...where did you read that?
DIDA: 'Honour to be captain'
1/19/2006
MILANELLO - Nelson Dida spoke to Milan Channel about wearing the captain's armband in the game against Ascoli: 'It was a honour to wear it even if it was for only one evening. When Ambrosini got injured it was handed on to me and I knew what it meant in terms of respnsibility, it made me proud. We all know that the real captain is Paolo Maldini and then after him Alessandro Costacurta.

The Brazilian goalkeeper then spoke about his assist for Pippo's Inzaghi's winning goal: 'It was down to Filippo for running 60 metres to the other goal. The throw is never something I have tried in training. I just saw Inzaghi was unmarked so I found the right time to throw the ball to him. We'll give our best for the title.'

[Source: ACMilan.com]

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
And I say kick u out of this forum coz u either talk trash or racist in ur posts.

And this is ur second time using Champanzee 2 refer 2 Dida & Mods should ban u 4 it.
I prefer 2 have a 195 cm Champanzee than 2 have u , a 160 cm skinny Hobbit .

Yeah man!!!!!!!!Well said!!! :D :D :D
LET'S BAN MZK ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Dida’s defiant title bid
20.1 || webmaster

Source: Football Italia

Milan goalkeeper Nelson Dida has refused to give up on the championship race despite their current standing in the table.

Things looked decidedly bleak for the Rossoneri last weekend when their defeat to Roma consigned the Rossoneri to third place and opened up a 12-point chasm between themselves and Juventus.

However, a subsequent win over Ascoli and Juve’s draw with Chievo has reduced their arrears to 10 points and the South American shot-stopper insists that his side are still hopeful of reeling the leaders in.

"We haven’t given up on the Scudetto," he claimed. "Juventus may be 10 points ahead but we’ve only just started the second half of the season. There are still a lot of points to play for."

Milan beat Ascoli on Wednesday night courtesy of a fourth-minute Filippo Inzaghi goal and there was a rare clean sheet for Dida – only his sixth of the League campaign.

"Against Ascoli we showed a great improvement from our match against Roma," added the Brazil No 1.

"Now we’re hoping to keep going like this and will do our best to stay in contention until the very end of the season."

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pupone said:
Yes,i agree.
Dida keeps all his feelings in....
He should speak out but it's not his type of thing.
Dida is often referred to as a robot, especially by Inter fans....
but i think he is just very humble (just compare him with Buffon's reactions during the spot kicks in may 2003...) and maybe a bit shy...
I also can't recall another goalie shaking hands with his opponent after stopping his penalty (Trezeguet during the '03 final). That was also cool to see. :)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hey, Carlo, we've seen this movie so many damn times already. Stuff it. :head:

Ancelotti defends Dida after blunder costs AC Milan victory
[29 Jan 2006]
ROME (AFP)

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti refused to blame goalkeeper Nelson Dida for the goal which dealt a potentially fatal blow to his team's Serie A title hopes.

Milan took an early lead when Andriy Shevchenko converted a dubious penalty, but Sampdoria equalized before half-time when Dida completely misjudged Andrea Gasbarroni's drive.

The shot from the edge of the penalty box was heading straight at him, but the giant Brazilian appeared to lose sight of it and the ball brushed his arm before finding the net.

A draw for Milan ended their 100 per cent home record and left them in third place on 47 points, nine behind Juventus who play away to Ascoli on Sunday.

"Dida has been playing well lately. This time he didn't judge the trajectory of the ball, but everyone here has faith in him," Ancelotti said. (servihoo.com)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PIRLO: 'Dida could do little with Gasbarroni's shot'
1/29/2006
MILANELLO - As for the feeling that Gasbarroni's shot was similar to the free-kicks Pirlo has been scoring at the San Siro, the midfielder said: 'It may have been even if from free-kicks the shot takes off well then changes direction. There was little Dida could have done because he didn't know where the ball was coming from. This type of shot is an advantage from long distance as it can surprise the goalkeeper.'

:rolleyes:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
BMWTaylor said:
Hey, Carlo, we've seen this movie so many damn times already. Stuff it. :head:

Would you rather Carlo tell it like it is? I would have thought you wouldn't mind Carlo attempting to save dida some face.

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Normally, of course, I wouldn't mind in the least Carletto jumping to his defense, but this is like the third or fourth time he's delivered some kind of speech following a howler this season, and he's doing nothing more than sounding like a broken record. It's bad enough when Dida makes a mistake, but the ACM brass seem to insist on making a spectacle out of it afterward every time. It's not going to help his confidence if the team continues to put him on the grill after every little slip-up.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
BMWTaylor said:
Normally, of course, I wouldn't mind in the least Carletto jumping to his defense, but this is like the third or fourth time he's delivered some kind of speech following a howler this season, and he's doing nothing more than sounding like a broken record. It's bad enough when Dida makes a mistake, but the ACM brass seem to insist on making a spectacle out of it afterward every time. It's not going to help his confidence if the team continues to put him on the grill after every little slip-up.
You know what Tay? Ask Dida to maintain a clean sheet VS Bayern and make some spectacular saves and he'll be forgiven in no time :D

;)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:
They are just finding excuses for the draw and any other bad results we have produced over recent months.
If anyone saw the mistakes the out field players actually made with their passing, especially Pirlo, he didn't waste anytime jumping to Dida's defense, trying to divert the attention towards Dida.
Dida is just struggling a bit to find top gear, though he isn't playing badly. He would make a blunder though how many spectacular saves does he produce during the match?
His position is not even close to be discussing!

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
FORZA DIDA JHAJAJAJAJAJAJA :jump:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
San Paolo said:
They are just finding excuses for the draw and any other bad results we have produced over recent months. If anyone saw the mistakes the out field players actually made with their passing, especially Pirlo, he didn't waste anytime jumping to Dida's defense, trying to divert the attention towards Dida.
Interesting. In fact, I did find it a bit strange to see Pirlo of all people talk about the howler on acmilan.com. In total, six different people (Pirlo, Kaka, Carletto, Galliani, Kalac, and Brazil NT coach Parreira), all jumped on the bandwagon and made some mention of Dida following the Samp match. He's the only one mentioned by name in the players' and staff's post-match comments on the site; everything else is "we" as in "We did this and we did that." And on the same day there was a huge article about his form in an Italian newspaper. God Almighty, you'd think it was solely his fault for Milan's collective mediocrity this season. Did he receive this much attention during his on-form days? Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Ancelotti issues Dida warning!

Ancelotti issues Dida warning

Carlo Ancelotti has defended under-fire goalkeeper Nelson Dida for his recent mistakes, but added that the time has come to improve his game. "No more errors," said the Milan boss. Dida’s form has slumped since the end of last season, with the critics increasingly starting to point the finger at his goalkeeping for Milan’s disappointing League campaign.

The Brazilian was once again at fault on Saturday as he let in a relatively straightforward shot by Andrea Gasbarroni, which cost his side two points and probably the title race as a result. However, Ancelotti moved to dispel any suggestions that his South American shot-stopper was in danger of being dropped.

"Dida’s place is not at risk," said the Milan Coach. "He has the full backing of everybody.

"We feel that his recent mistakes are just episodes and not the result of any technical deficiency on his part." Some sections of the Press have opined that the Brazil international has never been the same player since being struck by a firework during last season’s Champions League semi-final against Inter, but Ancelotti refutes this theory.

"I don’t think his current form can be linked to that incident because too much time has passed since," he said. "Nobody is immune to mistakes and he has saved us in many matches, so it is important to weigh these things up."

Carletto moved to add, however, that his patience is not unlimited and, although he has turned down the option to recall Christian Abbiati from his loan spell at Juventus, he did issue a stark reminder to his charge that the errors must be ironed out of his game. "No more mistakes, Dida," he declared. "I hope he rediscovers his form for our sake and his own."

Source Channel4.com
--------------------------
No More Mistakes!

Forza Dida

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Parola di Villiam
07/02/2006 10.50.00
'Ha perso solo un po' di tranquillità perchè consapevole di aver commesso alcuni errori'. Nessuno meglio di Villiam Vecchi, che lavora quotidianamente a stretto contatto con il portiere brasiliano, può fare luce sulla condizione e sul momento di Nelson. Un periodo particolare, spiega il preparatore rossonero, che può essere superato solo dando fiducia all'uomo e all'atleta, senza metterlo in discussione: 'Sento dire da più parti che la cosa migliore sarebbe concedere a Nelson un periodo di riposo, non credo a questa soluzione, se si crede in un portiere bisogna andare avanti con lui.' Questo il pensiero non solo di Vecchi, ma di tutto lo staff tecnico milanista che individua nel proprio numero uno una risorsa imprescindibile.
'Nelson ci darà ancora grandissime soddisfazioni, lui al Milan ha fatto vedere cose che mai nessuno è riuscito a fare e lo dico con cognizione di causa perchè da sempre sono milanista'. Parole di massima fiducia indirizzate ad un grande professionista, ad un ragazzo che quotidianamente lavora con grande scrupolo e serietà fino a far arrabbiare il proprio maestro: 'Nelson lavora tantissimo, lui dopo l'allenamento si ferma sempre a lavorare in palestra, secondo me ha fibre muscolari che non vanno disperse, ma lui crede nel continuo e sistematico lavoro e quindi capita anche che devo rincorrerlo per i locali del centro sportivo per farlo smettere di lavorare'
.[acmilan.com]

Villiam Vecchi Milan's head GK trainer, defends Dida and urges Milan to stick by his giant brasilian.The only way to improve is to keep playing,he says, it's a particular moment of his career and he needs trust to get his confidence back.
Vecchi also says 'Nelson will give us more satisfactions yet and he has done here at Milan things that nobody esle has'
'Nelson works very hard,every time after training he stops in the gym and works systematically forcing me to chase him sometimes to make him stop training!'

What Vecchi says conforts me a lot and confirms what i thought about Nelson.
I always trusted Dida and stood by him.I'm sure i'll be back on his feet in no time!

Last edited:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Here's the English version:

VECCHI SPEAKS UP FOR DIDA
2/7/2006 11:36:00 AM
They work closely together on a daily basis and no one knows what keeper Nelson Dida is going through better than his coach Villiam Vecchi. ‘He lost just a bit of his self-confidence because he knew that he had made some mistakes,’ explained Vecchi. ‘This period is an opportunity for personal and professional growth.’ The coach of the Rossoneri goalkeepers continued: ‘I have heard many people say that the thing to do would be to give him a chance to rest, but I don’t believe that’s the best solution. If you believe in a keeper then you must push through with him.’ And Vecchi isn’t the only one that believes in Dida, this attitude of support is echoed throughout the Rossoneri’s technical staff.
‘As a fan I can say that Nelson will still give us great satisfaction, he has done things with Milan that no one had ever seen before.’ Words of complete confidence addressed to a great professional, to a man that works hard everyday to master this sport with an intense focus: ‘Nelson is a real workaholic. He goes to the gym after practice and sometimes I have to chase him to see where he went. He likes working out.’

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pupone said:
What Vecchi says conforts me a lot and confirms what i thought about Nelson. I always trusted Dida and stood by him. I'm sure i'll be back on his feet in no time!
Thanks for posting this, and I feel the same way. This has to be the first article I've read about Dida in the past two weeks that didn't make the usual anal-retentive fuss about his recent performances.

Plus, it sure sounded a lot better than Carletto's "No more mistakes" runaround, didn't it?

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Channel4.com said:
Milan ‘keeper Nelson Dida has received a World Cup warning from Brazil boss Carlos Alberto Parreira over his alarming form.

Although Rossoneri Coach Carlo Ancelotti defended his under-fire goalkeeper last week, Parreira has urged him to sharpen up if he wants to retain his place in the side for Germany 2006.

“It’s too early to drop Dida. He has always been my first choice and his past form has been a tremendous boost to previous campaigns,” said Parreira.

“However, if he does want to go to the World Cup he must find his form quickly.”
I think Parreira just did us a favour.

Reaction score
Dida is the best!

Nelson de Jesus da Silva DIDA is the best goalkeeper in the whole world, and even wider! :cool: HE IS THE MAN! We hate when people tell bad things about him because he does not deserve it! He saved Milan numerous times and always did his best. Lately, he has done some mistakes, and now people are trying to minimize what he has done up to now. It is not fair. "Errare humanum est." Right? Please, support Dida, now he needs his fans the most! WE LOVE YOU DIDA AND YOU WILL HAVE OUR SUPPORT NO MATTER WHAT! All to you, who believe and love Dida= kisses and hugs from Tati from CROATIA! ;)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tati said:
Nelson de Jesus Silva (DIDA) is the best goalkeeper in the whole world, and even wider! :cool: HE IS THE MAN! We hate when people tell bad things about him because he does not deserve it! He saved Milan numerous times and always did his best. Lately, he has done some mistakes, and now people are trying to minimize what he has done up to now. It is not fair. "Errare humanum est." Right? Please, support Dida, now he needs his fans the most! WE LOVE YOU DIDA AND YOU WILL HAVE OUR SUPPORT NO MATTER WHAT! All to you, who believe and love Dida= kisses and hugs from Tati from CROATIA! ;)
Nice. :D

By the way, welcome to the forums. If you haven't done so already, formally introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread. :)

Schedule