Inter - Milan 05/02/2023 20:45 CET

IL Maestro

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Seedorf, Ali Sully Muntari, Massimo Ambrosini
I don't think any of the substitutes were better than the starting eleven
i don't Thiaw was better than Kalulu or Kajer or Tomori or Gabbia, he just didn't participate in the losses before so he was more fresh mentally
that is a new problem that existed before signing Ibra, players were making stupid mistakes because of under achieving for long and it seems like it is coming again
most of the players at Milan now have gave better performance before with Milan, they are just under a lot of pressure recently
Dzecko pushed Kalulu in a corner, Lautaro went to Kalulu and pushed him, Kajer calmed everybody instead of fighting with them
against Sassulo Giroud was in a fight with their keeper and only Theo went to defend him
the players need protection or else they would start making a lot more mistakes
hopefully Milan won't apply high pressure system again, 0-1 is way better than 2-5 and 0-4 and 0-3 and maybe with a little luck they start getting wins and build on that.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
5 shots on target against Sassuolo
3 shots on target against Lazio
3 shots on target against Inter (coppa)

ZERO on target in this game (out of only 4 shots).

Yeah sure, we conceded less. Usually happens when you play like a relegation team defending for your life.

But this definitely wasnt an improvement. If Pioli can only do one or the other (attack or defend), bearing in mind there is only marginal improvement on the opposite when he focuses on one aspect, whata the point of keeping him them?

A primevera level coach could do the same job.
I'd say it was an improvement in the sense that it wasn't a 0-4 or 0-5 loss. Pioli was going for damage limitation and I can understand why. This is his toughest stretch since he took over at Milan. The club didn't help him with the summer transfer window, and as someone here said, he keeps showing his distrust in new signings by not playing them even when the team is struggling. He's fearful for his job, and sadly that's a mentality you get after a lifetime of coaching mid-table teams and not winning anything. He's an honourable guy and it's sad to see him in such a state.

He should play Thiaw more, as Gabbia was an embarrassingly clumsy presence in defence. Adli, Pobega and Vranckx should also play more often. At least a consistent run of 4 or 5 games. CDK I think the management is ready to trust, as it did with Leao during his first 2 seasons here before he came good in the third.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
We technically are mirroring them exactly with a 433.

3cbs to 3 forwards.

3 central midfielder to 3 central midfielders.

2 wingbacks to 2 fullbacks

2 cfs to 2 cbs.
He did the mirror.. almost work.. tha plan was a 0-0 draw.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
LIVE MN - Towards Inter-Milan, more 3-5-2 than 4-3-3. Leao on the bench

think padre might've lost it :lol:
No, duo the circunstances, he did the right approach.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli's plans never included scoring. He was aiming for a 0-0. He did such a disgusting thing a derby and his plan was demoralizing af. That alone is enough to get him fired. He thinks results are important? We want to see a strong and fierce mental bounceback from the team. Fuck the results, Pioli has NOT been playing for results for the past 6 weeks. Why pretend to care about results now? Fans want to see him gone because Milan became a coward under him. Pioli fans really think we try to kick him out because we want better results? Lol

You can have a shit ass weak oblivious squad and still show strong fighting spirits. Do Pioli fans ever fucking understand this idea?

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
I’m done with Pioli. I’m not gonna be surprised anymore if this team ends up outside top 4.

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I believe the fear starts from Maldini who is looking desperately at the squad and the moves he's done or not done. No idea.
It's not only Pioli who is looking for solution or taking these strange decisions, he for sure discusses this with Maldini. So all to be blamed, and the better find the right approach asap or the value of this squad will flatten sooner than we could imagine.

Schedule