Moving to Milan to study Italian (...watch Milan;)

exTas

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello boys!

I have decided to go to Milan to study Italian and watch our lovely team for at least 3 months. Im trying to decide if im going to stay with a host family or with another student. I will study at the Leonardo da Vinci school in the Navigli area.

I have no experience in Italian since before so this will get really interesting. (Know some standard phrases and words)

Is there someone here with some experience? What should I think about and so on? Is there alot of people from around studying in Milan?

Appreciate all the help and tips I can get. And if theres someone living/studying in Milan, don't hesitate to contact me to catch a game or whatever when im there!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Hello boys!

I have decided to go to Milan to study Italian and watch our lovely team for at least 3 months. Im trying to decide if im going to stay with a host family or with another student. I will study at the Leonardo da Vinci school in the Navigli area.

I have no experience in Italian since before so this will get really interesting. (Know some standard phrases and words)

Is there someone here with some experience? What should I think about and so on? Is there alot of people from around studying in Milan?

Appreciate all the help and tips I can get. And if theres someone living/studying in Milan, don't hesitate to contact me to catch a game or whatever when im there!

Suggestion: use the free website: www.duolingo.com. In my opinion one of the best ways to learn Italian. Good luck! :thumbsup:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Hello boys!

Did the same back in 2008. Studied in Bocconi, very close to the Navigli, was there for 4 months. Easy area to commute, easy to catch Milan games.

Lot of foreign students around that area. Plenty of hostels, pensione (a cheaper lodge kinda setup) etc as well.

For Italian, duolingo is great yes. Your school will probably offer a course though.

PM me for any particular tips you need.

exTas

Beginner
Reaction score
Suggestion: use the free website: www.duolingo.com. In my opinion one of the best ways to learn Italian. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Did the same back in 2008. Studied in Bocconi, very close to the Navigli, was there for 4 months. Easy area to commute, easy to catch Milan games.

Lot of foreign students around that area. Plenty of hostels, pensione (a cheaper lodge kinda setup) etc as well.

For Italian, duolingo is great yes. Your school will probably offer a course though.

PM me for any particular tips you need.

Thanks alot both of you! I will PM you tomorrow necromancer, thank you for taking your time :)

Rossonero

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaka, El Shaarawy
Lived in Milano for almost 2 years & I know that area well...drop me a PM if you have any questions. Spoke italian beforehand but it improved a LOT being there so am sure you won't have problems. Start to learn before if you can though.

Schedule