Ignazio Abate Thread

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Not always, and definitly not a starter

Maggio is declining so I don't see anyone else better suited for RB other then Abate. When Abate is on form, he's been class. It's a shame he hit injury when he was peaking on his form.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
if cassani wasn't having an injury plagued season, abate wouldn't even get called up to the euros.:lol:

actually, there's a good chance he won't even get called up. :lol: but I hope he's a starter so I can LOL at italy.

and btw goodfella, maicon and dani alves have always been good for their NT, so cut the crap.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Theo, Bennacer, Reijnders, Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic, Leao
Maggio is declining so I don't see anyone else better suited for RB other then Abate. When Abate is on form, he's been class. It's a shame he hit injury when he was peaking on his form.

the sad part is this is best form so far, I have respect for the growth he has maked, but it's not enough to be a wc RB, or even something close to that

Maggio wilprobably be first RB, and I don't know anything about Cassani's form who normally was 2nd RB

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
This was like the 1st time ever he ruined an offside-trap and every fuckturd here goes nuts.:lol:

You guys want FBs(more like WBs) like Alves and Marcelo, but ask yourself why they're shit in their NT.

I don't want them, I want Srna.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
the sad part is this is best form so far, I have respect for the growth he has maked, but it's not enough to be a wc RB, or even something close to that

Maggio wilprobably be first RB, and I don't know anything about Cassani's form who normally was 2nd RB

i still consider abate to be better then cassani. idk imo he is not the biggest issue that we have in our squad. LB needs to be addressed, anchor needs to be addressed and more RCM backups

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and btw goodfella, maicon and dani alves have always been good for their NT, so cut the crap.

Maicon is defensively reliable when he's sober. Alves was a joke in Copa America and is one of the reasons even TS look pointless in Brazil. Marcelo is even worse. Why? Because they're more of WFs than FBs. They are supposed to be the best RB and LB respecticely in the world, yet they tend to not make it to the first XI. They can afford playing like that in La Liga and the superior El Clasico teams, but not in most other teams.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maicon is defensively reliable when he's sober. Alves was a joke in Copa America and is one of the reasons even TS look pointless in Brazil. Marcelo is even worse. Why? Because they're more of WFs than FBs. They are supposed to be the best RB and LB respecticely in the world, yet they tend to not make it to the first XI. They can afford playing like that in La Liga and the superior El Clasico teams, but not in most other teams.

Marcelo has actually been quality for Brazil. Alves hasn't been good under Mano even Thiago Silva has look average under him but under Dunga Alves was quality but Maicon was superior. No shame in that.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

I really don't know why you like to make shit up when you argue.

Marcelo has actually been quality for Brazil. Alves hasn't been good under Mano even Thiago Silva has look average under him but under Dunga Alves was quality but Maicon was superior. No shame in that.

:thumbsup:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Brazil's team was a gigantic mess in the middle and in attack cause mano's a joke.

Attacking WB's will always be exposed when teams not structured well. Someone has to 'cover' their runs.

-

That's the main reason Maicon looked better for brazil. He played during Dunga's era, a very discipline team with structure. Alves plays in a similar team in barca and looks fine. Marcelo similar.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
as I remember, dunga used dani alves as a RCM.

dunga was really good for brazil, much better than mano, it's a shame he really did flop in the world cup though, his squad selections were stupid.

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
Dr. Rossoneri

Injury-Updates: Abate had a problem in calf by the end of today's training session. He'll be evaluated tomorrow.

MilanDiavolo News ‏

Abate sustained calf problems. He'll be evaluated in the next days for knowing more details about his injury.

Last edited:

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Dr. Rossoneri

Injury-Updates: Abate had a problem in calf by the end of today's training session. He'll be evaluated tomorrow.

MilanDiavolo News ‏

Abate sustained calf problems. He'll be evaluated in the next days for knowing more details about his injury.

:fp::fp::fp::fp:

Fuck these injuries...Has there been a single player in our roster that hasn't been injured at some point during the season??

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Romario
This was like the 1st time ever he ruined an offside-trap and every fuckturd here goes nuts.:lol:

You guys want FBs(more like WBs) like Alves and Marcelo, but ask yourself why they're shit in their NT.

no.. they are not.

did u ever notice that when the team is on form.. abate is on form?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brazil's team was a gigantic mess in the middle and in attack cause mano's a joke.

Attacking WB's will always be exposed when teams not structured well. Someone has to 'cover' their runs.

-

That's the main reason Maicon looked better for brazil. He played during Dunga's era, a very discipline team with structure. Alves plays in a similar team in barca and looks fine. Marcelo similar.

I was referring to the last Copa America, which was under Mano. Maicon outperformed him.
Also, Alves' best performances under Dunga was when he was in the midfield/WB, not RB. My point was, Alves despite widely being considered the best RB in the world, hasn't been successful as RB in Brazil. Marcelo rarely makes it into the first XI.

I do agree about the rest though.

Last edited:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
no.. they are not.

did u ever notice that when the team is on form.. abate is on form?

not necessarily, some of abates good performances have come when other players in the team were struggling. i believe he performed well against arsenal 2nd leg when everyone else was shit

MonsterKane

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo RuiCosta Cafu Balakov Seedorf Nesta VanBommel Gattuso Redondo Baresi Maldini Shevchenko Kahn
not necessarily, some of abates good performances have come when other players in the team were struggling. i believe he performed well against arsenal 2nd leg when everyone else was shit

Van Bommel was the best Milan player that night along with Abbiati, but certainly not Abate.

acmf2002

AcMILANforEver<3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we will see , not now hide it
Abate and Ambrosini are expected to be ready for the match vs. Bologna next week. Thiago Silva should be ready for the match vs. Siena.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Van Bommel was the best Milan player that night along with Abbiati, but certainly not Abate.

Let's not go nuts. I love MVB, but the first goal was mostly his fault, he made several bad passes that led to dangerous counters and was constantly outrunned.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if cassani wasn't having an injury plagued season, abate wouldn't even get called up to the euros.:lol:

actually, there's a good chance he won't even get called up. :lol: but I hope he's a starter so I can LOL at italy.

:fp::fp::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Maicon yes, but Dani Alves shows how bad he is when playing for Brazil. Even in one game both TS33 and David Luiz yell the hell to him.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
???

dani alves was really good under dunga, where he used to play as an RCM and RB at times.

don't look at mano's NT, even thiago doesn't look great there.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Romario
???

dani alves was really good under dunga, where he used to play as an RCM and RB at times.

and sometimes even as LB.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
???

I would say ok under Dunga. His contribution in the world cup was minimal. As a midfielder he is better. Same can be said of Marcelo. Sorry, but in all the games he has played under mano he does not struggle because he does not fit the system, it is because in my opinion, Dani Alves thinls that because he plays for Barcelona he is the other superstar of Brazil and he is exempted of defending plus always being out of position. TS33 had some bad games under Mano; however, I think that it is because he called back Lucio which meant that TS33 had to cover 2 positions many times not counting his stupidatta against Ecuador.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
The least technical player in the entire Milan squad, it's frustrating to watch - might as well play with another CB on the right side because he adds nothing offensively. He can't even pass.

Schedule