Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
A thought has occurred, abate is really shit at crossing and very predictable and one-dimensional when attacking, why not put him at left back where he would only have to defend and not cross because he's a good defender and sometimes could cut inside. that way de scilgio can play right back which is his preferred side?

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Should be sold with the first offer.

I love his heart and he is a true Milanista and dont want to say anything ugly unlike to Muntari, Boateng, MAtri etc.

But Abate is really on level WAY BELOW Milan. There is no place for him in a serious team. He cannot pass or play under pressing. Milan looses to much coz of it. Milan needs a technical fullback for modern and fast football.

Abate shouold be sold, and should have been sold when we could.

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
he can not cross, he gets in such good position with his pace, but just can not cross, can not pass the ball, lost it so many times due to dumb passes.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As much as I defend Abate and appreciate his work, I would not mind selling him and LB bringing in a LB like Criscito, Ghoulam or Lulic. The main reason for this would be De Sciglio's development - I think he is far better at RB. Plus our team would be stronger over all.
I think that an Abate-Criscito swap is possible actually, since Zenit wanted Abate for a while, Criscito is on his way out and their values are similar.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
hate to break it to everyone, but we arent exactly in the golden age of fullbacks right now.

Abate is one of the better ones in the world. And his crossing isnt that bad, a ball doesnt need to end up on an attacker's forehead to be a good cross, he puts a lot of balls into the danger area, our attackers are not that good at attacking the ball in the air.

He is fine

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
Headless-chicken-2_zps777b5ea2.gif

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Abate (and De Sciglio) are quality, relatively. The problem is when one is out, who then gets to play. Milan should sign a quality leftback, or one with such potential, without letting Abate go.

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
Of course...much better! what a stupid question same as why Maggio play for NT and not Abate OMG:fp:

Last edited:

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ignazio Abate haha U16 level! he is fast but without head...

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Abate (and De Sciglio) are quality, relatively. The problem is when one is out, who then gets to play. Milan should sign a quality leftback, or one with such potential, without letting Abate go.

Why leftback? We have 3 solid leftback... and one stupid rightback ABATE. I want see all this players ConstantLWB, DesciglioRWB and Emanuelson play like wingback no fullback with 3CB ;) Abate can try CB or Serie B...

Last edited:

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
So is he gone by the end of the season ? any chances of an extension?

tluke20

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Ibra, Montolivo, Pazzo, Abbiati, Balotelli, Galliani
Why leftback? We have 3 solid leftback... and one stupid rightback ABATE. I want see all this players ConstantLWB, DesciglioRWB and Emanuelson play like wingback no fullback with 3CB ;) Abate can try CB or Serie B...

Fuckin LOL. Tell me more, coach. :lol:

Wake the Dead

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Sheva, Abbiati, Gattuso
Constant over abate
:lol:
You are genius man
You must replace allegri naw :D

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:fp::fp::fp::fp::fp: ABATE hahahahaha.....hahahahaha...yes he is the best player when Allegri parked bus...modern Milan!

Last edited:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy

:lol::lol::lol::lol: were you high last night?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

:fp::fp::fp::fp::fp: ABATE hahahahaha.....hahahahaha...yes he is the best player when Allegri parked bus...modern Milan!

Have you been tested??

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Milanello

Abate: "There aren't any excuses or justifications for our performances. We're in a difficult moment."

Abate: "All the players are behind Allegri. He's a great person and coach."

Abate: "The fans are right to protest against us. We're not doing much, and we're struggling as a team."

Abate: "We're struggling against all the teams we face. We have to be more like a provincial side and fight for every ball."

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Sell him, he is just too stupid to play football, he should start with athletics, but even there you must know, when to start running and where is finish line.

The most stupid player in history.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sell him, he is just too stupid to play football, he should start with athletics, but even there you must know, when to start running and where is finish line.

The most stupid player in history.

Not even one of the stupider players in this team.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we need danilo from porto.we scouted him back in 2010 and had a slight interest.wonder why :g: failed to materialize the transfer.
but uhhh i know we were ok as we were back then .....

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we need danilo from porto.we scouted him back in 2010 and had a slight interest.wonder why :g: failed to materialize the transfer.
but uhhh i know we were ok as we were back then .....

Because, he was/ is a freaking open door. Quite frankly of all the matches that I have seen him play, his best game may have been the one he played against Penarol. Now if you think about that he was benched for Brazil U20s and in the olympics (could not beat the ManU guy); it tells you how much of a liability he really is.

Schedule