The Rumour Commode XLI: Ragnarok

New 23/24 home kit

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
How about we sell Tomori and get Scalvini? BPL clubs want decent English CB, Tomori fits that. We already have a couple of CBs with similar profile to Tomori (athletic, fast etc) in Kalulu and Thiaw so we need a different one (Aerial presence, leader). Plus Scalvini being Italian is a bonus. Win-win.
i dont know..id keep tomori for at least another season. he was really solid last season, this season was a bit of a let down but we all know what he is capable of. Id like to see him for at least another season, its not like his price will plummet

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can someone confirm if and what type of appeal option Juve have left for the 10 point penalty? Feels as though our management thinks CL is confirmed regardless of the last match day.
I am speaking out of my ass right now, but I think we are absolutely safe. No court will allow their points back weeks/months after the league is finished. Your league position (top 6 or out) determines what your future earnings will be. And you plan your market as per this info. It's just impossible to have a team making transfers as per CL earnings, just to be kicked out of the competition in August because another team won an appeal. It's just not happening as this will cause a war between the clubs, the league, UEFA, etc.
We are in CL.

Last edited:

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
Tomo had a bad season but I wouldn't sell him with so many changes happening in the mid and attack you need to maintain some form of shape.

Sell Gabbia and get a decent back up and start Thiaw and Tomori

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
There are 2 types of players.
One that makes milan better
One that helps opposition play better.

Calabria
Messias
Origi
Balla toure
Rebic current
Gabbua
Florenzi
Bakayoko
Vranckx ( will give him a pass for now)

All these above are the latter option.
When these above play, opposition becomes twice as strong. Weakens us and feels like we are playing with less players.

Kalulu has been worse than Calabria but Calabria for some reason gets the most criticism :lol:

Calabria would be the perfect RB backup. Like Saele at RW. If Calabria is a starter it’s because we don’t have someone better than him. Kalulu can be but he’s regressed this season especially after the Tottenham games. Kalulu was still pretty solid prior to that.

As far as what patosheva says, Kalulu could replace Tomori but tbh Tomori is clearly the better defender. He simply offers more as a defender even if Kalulu is probably more calm and composed than him. Pace, physicality, aggression Tomori is better.

Pippo

Primavera
Reaction score
I am speaking out of my ass right now, but I think we are absolutely safe. No court will allow their points back weeks/months after the league is finished. Your league position (top 6 or out) determines what you future earnings will be. And you plan your market as per this info. It's just impossible to have a team making transfers as per CL earnings, just to be kicked out of the competition in August because another team won an appeal. It's just not happening as this will cause a war between the clubs, the league, UEFA, etc.
We are in CL.
The confidence I wanted to see. Thank you.

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Tomo had a bad season but I wouldn't sell him with so many changes happening in the mid and attack you need to maintain some form of shape.

Sell Gabbia and get a decent back up and start Thiaw and Tomori
Agree, i think Tomori and Kalulu should be the pillars of our defense. I would sell Gabbia too but we need him for the CL list as homegrown player

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Posts yours !
✅ Best player - Leao/Giroud
❌ Worst player - CDK
👏 Best signing - Thiaw
🤢 Worst signing - CDK
📈 Most improved player - Krunic
😐 Most underwhelming - Origi
🤯 Biggest surprise - The post WC collapse. Still don't really get it, pure torture that period.

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
✅ Best player - Leao
❌ Worst player - CDK
👏 Best signing - Thiaw
🤢 Worst signing - CDK
😐 Most underwhelming - CDK
🤯 Biggest surprise - Thiaw

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
✅ Best player - Leao
❌ Worst player - Rebic
👏 Best signing - Thiaw
🤢 Worst signing - CDK
😐 Most underwhelming - Kalulu
🤯 Biggest surprise - Adli getting freezed out completely

Posts yours !
✅ Best player - Leao
❌ Worst player - CDK and Rebic
👏 Best signing - Thiaw
🤢 Worst signing - CDK
😐 Most underwhelming - Origi
🤯 Biggest surprise - 2023 awful Serie A performances

pippofan

wants sex with oriental girls
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
✅ Best player - Leao
❌ Worst player - Rebic
👏 Best signing - Thiaw
🤢 Worst signing - CDK
😐 Most underwhelming - Kalulu
🤯 Biggest surprise - Adli getting freezed out completely

Posts yours !
There are many candidates for worst player besides Rebic: Dest, Origi, Gabbia, Baka

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score
On Milannews they write that MM will talk to CDK at the end of the season and see if he feels a part of this project and if he feels motivated to continue with us
If he wants to, he will stay. Maldini was already very clear and said we signed him for 5 years and not for 1 year.

And there is a financial side. Bruges have a stake in the resale and his book value is over €28 million. Also, his gross salary would be higher if he leaves Italy.

So the parameters are complicated. I don't think it makes sense to give up here. Rather, he should do a full preparation as part of a regular season.

pippofan

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
Qualifying for Champions League without needing a team to get a point reduction could be a good start

Pioli is gonna get a pass for this season even though he technically failed to make in top 4
If Juve don't win at Udinese and we beat Verona we'd qualify without the point reduction. They have 69 we 67 plus the head to head.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
We have to see how well kamada will be adapting to life in italy, frankfurt captain is hasebe which certainly help kamada settled at frankfurt more easily.

I hope we can get our own version of asian superstar playing for milan, imagine the potential market like nakata or son

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Id say Gabbia Resta... He sits on the bench, doesn't moan or bitch about his lack of opportunities, provides cover, helps with lists...

Just accept he's most likely staying, we're focusing on players further up the field, and will probably look for a Kjaer replacement next year.

I think taking a shot at Ndicka isnt a bad idea, for free he replaces Kjaer early, saving money next year. Were then pretty stacked at CB and too many cooks and all that, it might cause issues?

But, we need to settle on our CB pairing fur next season, if there's any doubts, go try grab Ndicka and then see who's staying or going next year.

No one's going to massively lose value at CB over the next year.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
On Milannews they write that MM will talk to CDK at the end of the season and see if he feels a part of this project and if he feels motivated to continue with us
It probably won't be a comfortable meeting. They will be analyzing the cadaver of a season, Charles has utterly and completely failed to make his mark, and it has grown far worse in the second half of the season. Paolo can transmit ideas and motivation to him, but it has to come from inside. If he's motivated and eager to turn it around I'm happy to continue believing in him, looks like we're building a squad now where the pressure will be off him a lot more and he'd have to compete to get his chances.

His resurgence looks very, very far off at this point. But he is young and he will have the club at his back if he's ready.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Sportiello, rlc and kamada is a very good start.

Then most importantly we need rw and cf without screwing up. This team will be so much better then
That's an ideal start to the mercato, 2 freebies and RLC is an interesting one if we're able to sign him for €20m ~.

Hopefully we don't neglect the right wing position for another year, but then again the market for right wingers is looking dry.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Id say Gabbia Resta... He sits on the bench, doesn't moan or bitch about his lack of opportunities, provides cover, helps with lists...

Just accept he's most likely staying, we're focusing on players further up the field, and will probably look for a Kjaer replacement next year.

I think taking a shot at Ndicka isnt a bad idea, for free he replaces Kjaer early, saving money next year. Were then pretty stacked at CB and too many cooks and all that, it might cause issues?

But, we need to settle on our CB pairing fur next season, if there's any doubts, go try grab Ndicka and then see who's staying or going next year.

I feel like Thiaw will cement his spot in the starting 11 next season and Tomori/Kalulu will rotate on the other spot

Ndicka for free would be alright as even if he flops you can ship him on for profit but..i doubt he'd come here to be the 3rd/4th choice

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,

Wouldn't take Ndicka I think we need a proper ball playing cb if we were going to upgrade. Tomori or Kalulu isnt it. Kjaer is getting on. Thiaw is progressing well indeed... Would like to see him step up to regular first team next year

pippofan

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol no way that's real? For real?
He was ready to sign with Inter to replace Conte but at the last moment backed out when offered by Juve so they picked Inzaghi who had promised to stay at Lazio but the night before his renewal accepted Inter's offer. Real Madrid also offered him a contract but he chose Juve because of familiarity and his friendship with Agnelli, according to interviews I read.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, Ive been told there are succession spoilers here. Take your comments to the television thread.

Its ok to spoiler the Titanic as its old.

Its not cool to spoiler newly released episodes or season endings of a new show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule