• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
A serial winner when he gets the players he wants - and for that he needs a big transfer budget.

Which Redbird wont provide.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
He won with piece of shits like padoin, pepe simone, giaccherini, wolfsburg reject, vucinic, matri.

He will be fine even with limited budget. Although Rube is used to cheating, so hard to say if they really won on the pitch with him as coach. In saying that, we would definitely finish amongst top 4 and bomb out in r16 of ucl.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
@brk am i tripping or we will break even if Atalanta bought him next season ?
Next season his book value should be 35 -14 = 21mil , no ?
So 2mil loan + 1mil + his salary this season should be treated as plusv ?
Where did u get 14 from?

7(ammortized) +2.5+ tax. What's the tax rate for foreign player? 33%?

Around 24 mil.

And then we get the 3 mil
Ah yea 21 mil book value

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
So we all agree, 90% agree that CDK is as mediocre as it can get & still think some stupid team will pay 28mil for him & blame the club for the deal ?
Ffs you cant have it both ways.
No one wanted him.
2mil & his salary covered with a chance to get 22mil is far better than having his boring ass stinking the bench.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
No, it's not about talent. It's about patterns, combinations and style. Talent comes when we are talking about shooting and dribbling. Moving the ball around, opening spaces, exploiting these spaces and making runs inside/around the box have nothing to do with talent.
Reminds me of a Salernitana clips that was posted last year, them doing triangles in the right part of the pitch, crossing opposition players in a blink, and then going on a deadly counter.

Talent :lol:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
How do you know Pioli doesn't ask Leao to run behind the defenders in these situations? We know Leao is a player who thrives on freedom and likes to be given plenty of that. But that doesn't mean Pioli doesn't ask him to do certain things.

Pioli is not the dictator type of coach who will bench a player for not following instructions. Especially when he can't afford to do that given that Leao is by far our best player. How many times have we heard Pioli say Leao can improve further and that he "expects more from him".

Here's just one example of him telling reporters what he wants Leao to do. "Don't drop too low", "play closer to the area", "attack the far post". He also admits he gives his attacking players freedom in the last 30. This is really good advice. You have to hold the player accountable if he's not as hungry as he should be. Leao has the world at his feet. He just needs to apply himself more.

On Leão: “I gave a rule to the players who are at the World Cup: they can rest easy but they have the obligation to call me at the end of every game to tell me how they are. Leão plays very little in Portugal? It’s difficult to judge, Portugal have a high-level squad. If you see him in training, you immediately understand his incredible potential. He has a technique combined with a speed that few have. Over time he has developed and understood how to play, and how to be in a place like Milan where the pressures are different. It took time but the potential to be great was all there. I think he still needs to make a leap to become a Champion. Where he fits more? It depends on the strategy of the game, 1v1 he becomes difficult to catch. But there are times when he centralizes and other times when he drops too low. Such offensive players need to be closer to the penalty area. He can play everywhere. I think he can become even more decisive in the opponent’s area. He is a very intelligent guy who is very approachable. However, we are talking about players who are talented and they must have freedom in the last 30 meters. I want him to close more at the far post, I always tell him that. He should have more of an impact.”

1. I know the same way I know that I know Kessie was asked to drop to Theo’s spot when he moved up. The same way I know Theo is asked to run mor centrally.
I have 2 eyes, and maybe not the best head but it does the basics.
You act like we need to be in the secret of gods to see and understand these things.
They can be seen on the field, even when failed in the execution, you can still see the ideas/attempts.

2. We know the principles of Pioli’s football…creating those kind of situations is not part of it. The main way of creating is giving him the ball to his feet a few meters after the center line and have him go past a few defenders to create something…hell, even though the situation in this topic wasn’t suited for that, but more suited for a run behind, he made the decision our system of play heavily Prioritize…second nature.

You went full Milan10 … adding things, blowing things bigger, linking things that are not linked. Or attributing stances/opinions of person X to person Y.
Who talked about benching him because he doesn’t follow instructions? My stance is simple and clear: he is not coached with those instruction to become top, more dangerous than just his technical and technical skills.
Those talks of benching him because he doesn’t follow instructions, that’s nowhere close to a suggestion or thought of me.
My stance is, he doesn’t get those instructions at all, not that he doesn’t follow em…let alone benching him for it. that’s all you.

Also, it takes a big mind twist to equate instilling in Rafa and making it natural to him to make runs behind in such situations to restricting his freedom.
Tracking back or marking the Opposing RB. OK
Making him hug the touchline. OK
But how does making runs behind restricts his freedom?

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Oooh big whoop. 6 mil.
Furlani is not too bright actually.
6M to loan out a flop for a year, 2.8M wages off the books as well.
Furlani did pretty well to negotiate that sort of a deal in half a days time.
Now we got another 8.8M to play with for our current market.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
6M to loan out a flop for a year, 2.8M wages off the books as well.
Furlani did pretty well to negotiate that sort of a deal in half a days time.
Now we got another 8.8M to play with for our current market.
2.8 net? Excluding tax?

Ya but the thing is it's a loan with option deal which sucks. Sucks if he explodes.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
2.8 net? Excluding tax?

Ya but the thing is it's a loan with option deal which sucks. Sucks if he explodes.
We haven't seen him do anything for Milan bar one assist.
Even in the latest friendlies, he did fuck all and didn't even show any signs he was doing better than last season.
Why would he suddenly explode at Atalanta?

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
This. Exactly. And not only does Rafa limit himself due to his inability to recognize these opportunities, but he also limits his teammates as well. The entire offense can't/shouldn't slow down to accommodate one player. That's why I said I would wait a year and sell Rafa for maximum value, because barring a coach who can unlock him, this is as good as he gets. And it limits the TEAM as a whole.

Pioli gives his players the situation and freedom to express what they are good at. He doesn't help them improve in other aspects as much and it ends up that the team suffers at the whims of his strong players form or lack thereof.

Second paragraph, I agree that He gives them (dribblers) freedom to use their skills in his football based on dribbling.

The limiting/hindering factor is Pioli 300%… not Leao at all or other strong players.
Coaches have systems where players enhance each other making the total contribution higher than the sum of their individual contributions.
With Pioli’s system, the total contribution is at best just an addition of each player’s contribution… or less because players now hinder each other, like we see with Theo and Rafa since last season. And the whole midfield…which in turn expose the defense.

nefremo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
CDK is a bitch. Nothing to worry about. He'll be our problem again in a year. I hope he scores 5 goals and gives out some assists. Keep his price up. But his time here is over. Dude is not a part of the group.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Atalanta Jersey similar to Brugge jersey.
He’ll feel right at home
In a few seasons, maybe even graduate to…

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
This is the best deal they could get for CDK I think. Nobody was willing to fork up our asking price and Atalanta gave us the best option since we didn't want to sell him for peanuts. I mean, given the season he had with us its not that hard to see how nobody is willing to pay for him.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Adli likely to go on loan to salertina if he agrees. .we will get hjulmand and one more mid by the looks of it.

With cdk going most likely, possibly a new striker. Hope for a good one.

I dont think we will get a cb and lb. Only one should arrive.

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I'm trying to sugarcoat this to myself by putting me in the position of other teams. There's this Belgian guy from Belgian league who had one great breakout season in Belgium with some very promising CL performances. Only downside is the rather timid and weak personality that some scouting reports keep mentioning.

And indeed, the moment he approaches his first big club in Europe with the burden of a huge price tag on top of that, he implodes like a submarine full of tourists heading to the Titanic (too soon?). Seemingly confirming the question marks whether that boy has the personality to play for a big club yet.

Would I pay 20M for that? Outright? Or even the ~30M his current club was asking for? Probably not. I'd say best I can do is a try before I buy deal - and only because I'm feeling generous today.

I think that's what basically happened here.
But hey, who would've expect that CDK would end up being rubbish for us? All of us were so hyped and impatient in all that saga to sign him.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We haven't seen him do anything for Milan bar one assist.
Even in the latest friendlies, he did fuck all and didn't even show any signs he was doing better than last season.
Why would he suddenly explode at Atalanta?
Cause Atlanta has good scouts. They turned illicic's career around and moulded him into a class player. Cdk somewhat resembles him.

nefremo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think communication between clubs and agents is constant. There us no way this transfer just came out of nowhere. There was probably interest from Atalanta from way beforez but conditions were "loan + option". I'm certain we tried to sell him first, but when there is nobody to sell to, you settle for the "loan + option" deal.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pulisic so far hasn't impressed me at all
Hope he is just saving himself for serie a and ucl.
He over dribbles and does some bs tricks and fails lol

Chaka absolutely looked dog shit lol. Why do we always have shitty primevera players or sell the ones that did well for no reason like locatelli etc.
I know chaka is 18 and all but even still, technical ability was severely lacking.

Simic looked good on the other hand.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hope to gods all this faith we are putting on Pioli and his bullshit system doesnt blow up in our face.

This may end up being even worse than ChinaMilan considering we actually had a decent core this time round to not fuck up as much.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
The core and several very good players will be in place for the next manager if Pioli doesn’t succeed.

nefremo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Pulisic has been fine. He hasn't been worse than Rafa for example. But he'll always get more shit and we know why. It is what it is.

I think he's best used on the left side. But with that being said, there is zero chance I'd play him ahead of Rafa on the left.

As crazy as it sounds and someone already posteed it....I'd love to see Leao-Pulisic-Chuk behind Okafor. Super attacking, I know. Pioli will never go for it. And that's the difference. Someone like Pep definitely would and would make those front 4 defend like crazy to achieve balance.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pulisic has been fine. He hasn't been worse than Rafa for example. But he'll always get more shit and we know why. It is what it is.

I think he's best used on the left side. But with that being said, there is zero chance I'd play him ahead of Rafa on the left.

As crazy as it sounds and someone already posteed it....I'd love to see Leao-Pulisic-Chuk behind Okafor. Super attacking, I know. Pioli will never go for it. And that's the difference. Someone like Pep definitely would and would make those front 4 defend like crazy to achieve balance.
Pioli is way too conservative lol. Yes he would never try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule