• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Suma said we should consider last mercato like the 2001 mercato with Inzaghi, Pirlo and Rui Costa a great mercato but that left unfinished business and then in 2002 we bought Seedorf, Nesta and Tomasson. He said 2024 mercato will fix all the holes, don't worry he said, at Milan we know what we need to fix and we will fix it
Each year I hear the same thing. We have awesome merceto.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we want develop players it must also be ok for them to make errors, but at the same time they shouldn‘t be completely overlooked either.

I don‘t think the sprcific errors of Mussh are really linked to RB and playing RB as player with expirience at CDM and RM and limited expirience at RWB is also not a crazy task. But overall he is doing really well and he simply is also still in the talent phase to some degree.

Adli generally is better when he can press players, he actually wins the ball quite often. If he has players coming at him he frequently struggles, these holding tasks he has to improve. In those situations he also struggles because he tends to get beaten completely if he looses the duell, good CDMs can win tactically by maybe loosing the duell but disrupting the play so much that it becomes a strategic victory.
I think double pivot could be good for Adli, LCM is pushing it in terms of athleticism, there is a big gap to the likes of Reijnders, RLC or Musah imo.
Which players get to make errors and which don't is... complicated.

I think playing Musah at RB was a mistake--I think there's a big difference between a wingback and a fullback--but I've been a Musah fan for a long time, so maybe I'm biased.

As far as Adli goes, I think the notion that he is unathletic is... a little overstated. He has to add muscle to his frame, and he is noticeably bigger than last year, but I think playing him as a CDM is... it's a waste of his talent. I think he could play in the Reijnders spot. He probably cannot play the exact same way, but, if you play him in a Modric-like role, I think he would do wonders for our play.

We've seen our shape transform when he comes on, like against Dortmund, for example. Using possession and passing as defensive tools to reduce pressure and take oxygen away from the opponents is something Pioli seldom does.

But if we're going to use him as a regista, then he needs more defensive support from one of the CMs. That being said, I don't think he's been bad defensively, and the numbers seem to bear that out.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Each year I hear the same thing. We have awesome merceto.
And every year we have higher expectations. We gradually went from 4th place is a unreachable dream to forgetting we won a title and got to a CL semifinal because we are on bad form. This is how it’s supposed to be, Milan is supposed to be challenging for the CL and winning titles. We’re right to be angry and to demand success.

But yeah we’ve been improving drastically every year, on and off the pitch, and it will keep getting better.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Guys so how do we beat Dortmund without Leao? We are in a very difficult position if he is actually out over 20 days

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Guys so how do we beat Dortmund without Leao? We are in a very difficult position if he is actually out over 20 days
It will be fine. Either Okafor or Pulisic on the right. They’re no Leao but it’s lot like a drop from Theo to Florenzi, or RLC to Pobega.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Suma said we should consider last mercato like the 2001 mercato with Inzaghi, Pirlo and Rui Costa a great mercato but that left unfinished business and then in 2002 we bought Seedorf, Nesta and Tomasson. He said 2024 mercato will fix all the holes, don't worry he said, at Milan we know what we need to fix and we will fix it
suma these days sounds exactly like brk:proud:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And every year we have higher expectations. We gradually went from 4th place is a unreachable dream to forgetting we won a title and got to a CL semifinal because we are on bad form. This is how it’s supposed to be, Milan is supposed to be challenging for the CL and winning titles. We’re right to be angry and to demand success.

But yeah we’ve been improving drastically every year, on and off the pitch, and it will keep getting better.
rick-fing-dalton.gif

DonSilvio

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva
Let's see how the season ends first. We have injury crisis to deal with as no amount genius signings will mean anything if they can't play and develop chemistry together and that takes time. This also means potentially selling a few big names to make way for newcomers which at this point why not. We have a multitude of problems on different fronts and that's assuming Pioli is gone by then. I wish we were only a few pieces away or that getting rid of Pioli is going to fix most everything. He's just getting warmed up. The cleanup after him is going to be a long process I'm afraid.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players

All this optimistic talking.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You see what your tracking back fetish got Leao vs Leece. I hope you're pleased with yourself. :yikes:

Haha, dear lord I really hope that tracking back for one game isn't what caused his injury against Lecce, otherwise we should really rethink about making him the centre of our future we want to build around :lol:

Imagine, a professional football player at the top of your payroll and you can't even ask him to track back one game without running him into an injury in the next game. Not the ideal time to find out that's what we got in Leao.

I really hope this is on Piolis butchery and not a physical "trait" of Leao.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Screenshot_20231114-174553_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20231114-174607_Facebook.jpg
This page on fb is also very interesting and here it brings the wiew on possible Conte takeover at the end of the season. If you need translation let me know.

Just putting it here it's not mine so...

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conte can see Leao as SS but how many SS can you play with? Is he going to put Pulisic to RWB and re-traumatize him? 3-5-2 with our squad is a bad idea and we don't really have a good base for that specifically.

Conte is also extremely shit in CL ...

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Rubbish. I respect Suma but hey let's keep it real.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All this optimistic talking.

Back in 2019 I was also this optimistic and saying we’re on a path which will inevitably lead us to success. In that time we won a title and reached a CL semifinal. All ahead of schedule. I said by 2026 we will be genuine CL contenders.

Come back in a few years and we’ll see who’s right and who’s short sighted.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Moggi said conte is dreaming of juve.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Fiorentina and Frosinone, actually good news wrt 4 games initially feared
I have the fucking fear now, what players will be available for the Frosinone match lol...

Fucking spending a fortune to take the wee guy to probably watch the Krunic and Jovic show??!!!

Fuck

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It’s going to be RDZ and we all know it.
If RDZ stands for 'Red Devil Zlatan', yes.

Priming up for the manager position next season. :o

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Back in 2019 I was also this optimistic and saying we’re on a path which will inevitably lead us to success. In that time we won a title and reached a CL semifinal. All ahead of schedule. I said by 2026 we will be genuine CL contenders.

Come back in a few years and we’ll see who’s right and who’s short sighted.
How nice we are going to right path after luckily draw with Lecce.
I see only downgrade. Our defense dont have focus, and we are worse in mid department. Krunic is main mid.
Our attackers have problems in attack possition.

This succes was Maldini and Elliot. Now I see a little better Chinese times.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have the fucking fear now, what players will be available for the Frosinone match lol...

Fucking spending a fortune to take the wee guy to probably watch the Krunic and Jovic show??!!!

Fuck
Moncada to Pioli in transfer window about Jovic.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How nice we are going to right path after luckily draw with Lecce.
I see only downgrade. Our defense dont have focus, and we are worse in mid department. Krunic is main mid.
Our attackers have problems in attack possition.

This succes was Maldini and Elliot. Now I see a little better Chinese times.
Lift your head up just a bit from staring down at your feet and the last few games. Every season the squad gets better and better. Once we have a great CF and a better coach this team can beat anyone.

We’re about to start building the stadium. We bought RLC, Pulisic, Reijnders and Musah, players that in a few years will be spoken about the way we do Maignan, Leao and Theo. This has been an incredible squad improvement this summer.

Forget the results of the last few weeks, shit happens. It was a terrible few weeks, but we did beat PSG convincingly and that’s a sign that we have the right tools to beat anyone if things go well. In the end over a long season things tend to even out and we’ll see how far we can go. But besides that take a longer look. Besides Juve we will be the only major club in Italy to own our own stadium. We are the only club in Italy that will have consistent profits without player sales. We sold Tonali before his ban and replaced him with RLC, Musah and Reijnders. We let go of Saelemaekers and Messias and replaced them with Chukwueze and Pulisic. Rebic with Okafor.

We still need a few more pieces, and a superstar CF, but we’re getting there. To not see this and focus on the last few weeks like the Udinese and Lecce games is really myopic. We all want to win, but without long term planning you will never have sustained success.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
So in Lecce after the match the players went to the Curva sud. But Curva told them to go away and asked for Pioli, who stayed in the middle of the pitch and did not come to meet the Curva.

No Maldini and Ibra. He wanted to be the boss so here you go. Presumptuous prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule