The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Krunic is a utility player that can play CM and AM, and doesn't mind sitting on the bench all season. Who besides him is fodder?
can he though

outside a few games at the start of the season I'm not sure he has had a real quality performance

If we're going to deal with subpar performances might as well go with someone young who can develop and at the very least turn a profit or eventually just grow into a starter

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Krunic haters?

rade-rade-krunic.gif

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I will continue to hate on Krunic, Bakayoko, Conti, Capitano, etc until I am given reason otherwise

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Wait, by nonsense you mean Pioli? You're hoping that Sheva is good because you can't stand Pioli?
If we had someone better than Krunic we would have been 1st in the league! Or wait...

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
I just realised Leo fucking Duarte is under contract with us until 2024 :lol:

Does his deal have an option to buy or is he also gonna return?

Let's hope Venezia stay up and keep Caldara as well
Iirc it was a 18 month loan + option..the loan is up in the summer and im not sure what the buyout option is set at.. He is a starter at Basaksehir tho

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
(Bild) Ziyech wants to leave Chelsea and Dortmund are keen on loaning him this winter

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
this love affair with fodder must be stopped at all costs
Delusional post. Players like Krunic have helped dynasties in all of history.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
A part of me is happy to see pretty much all of our starting 11 pretty much starting or getting called for their NT. Our players getting more exposure at NT level and I’m happy for them.

The other part of me is, sigh more injuries, potentially COVID. And all and 😭

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
can he though

outside a few games at the start of the season I'm not sure he has had a real quality performance

If we're going to deal with subpar performances might as well go with someone young who can develop and at the very least turn a profit or eventually just grow into a starter
People were amazed at his performances at CM early in the season. He marked Brozovic out of the game until around the 70th minute in the derby. He's doing amazing work for how much we're paying him and how versatile he is. Who do you want to replace him with?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It really depends. There's a lot about the stadium deal that we don't know about. Are the clubs going to own the non sporting side of it? Meaning all the shops and real estate, hotels, etc; will that be owned by a holding company that both clubs are shareholders in, or will that company be completely independent and owned by Elliott and other investors that are completely independent of AC Milan and Inter? I really don't know the answer to that and i'm not sure it's clear going forward. Most accounts say that the stadium income itself will add around 40 to 60m per year, depending on whether we're in the CL, etc. If Milan and Inter are getting revenue from non sporting revenue streams then that number should be a lot higher.

Building it with Inter is a huge deal for us, as it means we can reduce our investment almost by half but still generate almost as much revenue. It's a big win for everyone involved, we shouldn't want to have our own stadium just for ourselves. Our current main sponsorship deals (PUMA and Emirates) are really bad deals and not really worthy of a club of Milan's stature. Once we're back in the CL consistently and maybe with a trophy or two, by the time we renew we should be aiming for at least double the revenue from those big primary sponsorships.
All these figures are a shot in the dark. Some time ago Scaroni said that there are companies willing to give much more than what ladri receive from Allianz. I can't find the article because Scaroni has like 100000 interviews about the stadium :lol: but the figure he mentioned was around 40-50 m a year. So, just this would give us 20-25 m more per year. I think he mentioned something like 60-70 m more in total from the stadium itself compared to our current revenue.

Add to this our huge unexploited marketing potential, current very low sponsors that will be upgraded, constant CL participation, etc. and you will see how we easily reach 450-500 m revenue/year. With such revenue we will fear no one.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one who saw the wild rumor saying that Pulisic wants to play more and that Genoa are interested in bringing him on loan? :lol: Imagine him on our RW... Scudetto confirmed

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I for one really like Krunic as a squad player. He seems more useful than....florenzi or bakayoko..

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All these figures are a shot in the dark. Some time ago Scaroni said that there are companies willing to give much more than what ladri receive from Allianz. I can't find the article because Scaroni has like 100000 interviews about the stadium :lol: but the figure he mentioned was around 40-50 m a year. So, just this would give us 20-25 m more per year. I think he mentioned something like 60-70 m more in total from the stadium itself compared to our current revenue.

Add to this our huge unexploited marketing potential, current very low sponsors that will be upgraded, constant CL participation, etc. and you will see how we easily reach 450-500 m revenue/year. With such revenue we will fear no one.
Yeah I think the plan is for the team to grow up to around 400m per year in revenue, which doesn't seem that crazy. We're already at around the 260m mark, with the stadium and CL revenue and no Covid restrictions, we can get there. Juve are around 400m right now, and our first target I think is to match them.

Kuroha

Fiamma Nera
Reaction score
Amanda Staveley – the managing director of the PCP Capital Partners fund – has revealed that there were talks held over the potential purchase of AC Milan and Inter.

Staveley is part of the consortium that acquired Newcastle United recently and they certainly have a huge financial backing. There have been some rumours that the fund were looking at acquiring a Serie A club, and now the statements released to The Times regarding the interest of the PIF group confirms that speculation.

“We also spoke with Inter and Milan, but the problem was that the structure of the league was a disaster. We also looked briefly at Bordeaux. But now we are no longer looking at Inter,” she said (via Calcio e Finanza).

Elliott Management took control of Milan back in 2018 when Yonghong Li defaulted on the repayment of a loan due to the American hedge fund, and while there has always been rumours that they are looking to sell, they continue to commit to the Rossoneri through investments of capital and by pushing ahead with the new stadium project.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
You know that lady’s done some nasty stuff lmao

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
How is Mancini allowed pick about 27 players in his squad?

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
It really depends. There's a lot about the stadium deal that we don't know about. Are the clubs going to own the non sporting side of it? Meaning all the shops and real estate, hotels, etc; will that be owned by a holding company that both clubs are shareholders in, or will that company be completely independent and owned by Elliott and other investors that are completely independent of AC Milan and Inter? I really don't know the answer to that and i'm not sure it's clear going forward. Most accounts say that the stadium income itself will add around 40 to 60m per year, depending on whether we're in the CL, etc. If Milan and Inter are getting revenue from non sporting revenue streams then that number should be a lot higher.

Building it with Inter is a huge deal for us, as it means we can reduce our investment almost by half but still generate almost as much revenue. It's a big win for everyone involved, we shouldn't want to have our own stadium just for ourselves. Our current main sponsorship deals (PUMA and Emirates) are really bad deals and not really worthy of a club of Milan's stature. Once we're back in the CL consistently and maybe with a trophy or two, by the time we renew we should be aiming for at least double the revenue from those big primary sponsorships.
There is a particularly vocal fan on NonEvoluto that claims that Milan will not benefit at all, Elliott (or the holding company) will pocket all the money from the stadium (and, in fact, this is why Elliott bought Milan). Of course, he and several others have been making all sorts of dire anti-Elliott predictions for the last few years, and have been proven wrong several times.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is a particularly vocal fan on NonEvoluto that claims that Milan will not benefit at all, Elliott (or the holding company) will pocket all the money from the stadium (and, in fact, this is why Elliott bought Milan). Of course, he and several others have been making all sorts of dire anti-Elliott predictions for the last few years, and have been proven wrong several times.
How would that even work? How would they benefit at the expense of Milan? I just want to know the logistics of such a diabolical plan?

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Amanda Staveley – the managing director of the PCP Capital Partners fund – has revealed that there were talks held over the potential purchase of AC Milan and Inter.

Staveley is part of the consortium that acquired Newcastle United recently and they certainly have a huge financial backing. There have been some rumours that the fund were looking at acquiring a Serie A club, and now the statements released to The Times regarding the interest of the PIF group confirms that speculation.

“We also spoke with Inter and Milan, but the problem was that the structure of the league was a disaster. We also looked briefly at Bordeaux. But now we are no longer looking at Inter,” she said (via Calcio e Finanza).

Elliott Management took control of Milan back in 2018 when Yonghong Li defaulted on the repayment of a loan due to the American hedge fund, and while there has always been rumours that they are looking to sell, they continue to commit to the Rossoneri through investments of capital and by pushing ahead with the new stadium project.
Wonder what exactly she means by structure being a disaster. Not that it is a surprising statement, but it could have given us some insight into how investors are viewing the league.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
We are so far ahead of Serie A in terms or running a professional club. Once we have a stadium it's going to be game over.

• Youngest team with the most potential.
  • The most well defined play style where players can change but the system stays the same
  • A wage bill that gets lower as we improved our standings each year
  • Club with the longest serving coach in top 7 (besides Gasperini)
  • The best scouting in Serie A with player values skyrocketing every year
  • Zero debts
  • The most well known brand in Serie A and potential for marketing growth
  • Led by a club legend that truly cares for the long term future of AC Milan
I remember arguing with Casualista about Milan’s brand being garbage and unsalvagable. I argued that Elliott wouldn’t take over the club if it didn’t see the enormous growth potential of Milan. Our brand is undervalued due to poor performance, now its returning to its former glory due to smart investment and professional management.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score

As expected

No matter what people think how strong our brand is and the potential, the poor condition of Serie A (broken stadiums, poor marketing, corruption, racism) means that we will be always hampered by it. Especially considering the high valuation of the club, would have a hard time believing any big money investor would find it a worthwhile investment.

Maybe that will change once we have our own stadium, but the truth is, atm we really arent a sound investment despite the strength of the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule