The Rumour Commode XXXIV: From Mandela to Mugabe

Do you owe a jersey from other club/s?

• Yes, from a tier 1 club (man u, chelsea, bayern, barca, etc)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Yes, from a tier 2 club (leicester, leipzig, roma, sevilla)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Yes, from a tier 3 club (midtable/lower rank club)

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • I am da Milan and da Milan only

Votes: 77 83.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I'm still disappointed they loaned him out for Bakayoko

Not sure how Pioli wasn't convinced by Pobega yet thought someone with the characteristics of Bakayoko would work? Imagine him having that flourishing season at Milan instead of Torino...
I absolutely never wanted Bakayoko and said so plenty times - I never understood why they would go back to him given the dumpster fire he has been for multiple seasons but you know Pobega would only be playing in spurts here and its unlikely he would've instantly been a hit.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Ousmane Dembele asked Barca for 20m net + 20 million commission to renew, they rejected and he'll probably leave for free.

If you look at how many free agents there are all around Europe this year it's pretty clear that there is a new trend to let your contract run out and then with all the leverage in hand make insane demands. Expect to see this more and more in the next couple of years.

You can thank Juve among others for starting this trend by paying scrubs like Ramsey and Rabiot 7m net, making agents and players realize you can get more that way than otherwise.
Milan gave Flamini big money for him to fall off a cliff and find his real passion :proud:

I'm not sure you can single out clubs - it's the evolution of the business. Players want to make a bigger piece and in some instances control where they play.
Also it's better for the new club than paying an insane transfer fee.

The next step is players ridding themselves of agents and marketing themselves and negotiating their own deals.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Mods

what is the max pages on a commode thread now that we see more posts per page?

are we sticking with 1500 pages?

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Mods

what is the max pages on a commode thread now that we see more posts per page?

are we sticking with 1500 pages?
Wasn’t @AC_Wesley asking for new commode name suggestions the other day? I assumed creation event was close (ie 1000 pages)

wokegiant

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Milan gave Flamini big money for him to fall off a cliff and find his real passion :proud:

I'm not sure you can single out clubs - it's the evolution of the business. Players want to make a bigger piece and in some instances control where they play.
Also it's better for the new club than paying an insane transfer fee.

The next step is players ridding themselves of agents and marketing themselves and negotiating their own deals.

I know agents are taking the piss these days, but players acting as their own agents would also be a disaster. Players aren't trained around the commercials, and rightfully should focus on their profession - which is football. Imagine then having to negotiate their own contract with professionals and lawyers from the club-side. I wonder how that will end?

Unless the governing bodies decide to overhaul the system and introduce things like salary caps - as an example, there will always be a back-and-forth between club and player/agents. This dynamic essentially operates in a free market (with loose FFP regulation), and it seems like its a players-market right now. A 'Kessie' today is probably worth more than a 'Kessie' ten years ago. It could swing and probably is already due to Covid. Though we have some asymmetric economic clubs such as PSG that pay whatever they want irrespective of economic situation.

Milan used to be a PSG. Players rarely left because they were likely being paid better than they could anywhere else in the world. We're not that anymore unfortunately.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I know agents are taking the piss these days, but players acting as their own agents would also be a disaster. Players aren't trained around the commercials, and rightfully should focus on their profession - which is football. Imagine then having to negotiate their own contract with professionals and lawyers from the club-side. I wonder how that will end?

Unless the governing bodies decide to overhaul the system and introduce things like salary caps - as an example, there will always be a back-and-forth between club and player/agents. This dynamic essentially operates in a free market (with loose FFP regulation), and it seems like its a players-market right now. A 'Kessie' today is probably worth more than a 'Kessie' ten years ago. It could swing and probably is already due to Covid. Though we have some asymmetric economic clubs such as PSG that pay whatever they want irrespective of economic situation.

Milan used to be a PSG. Players rarely left because they were likely being paid better than they could anywhere else in the world. We're not that anymore unfortunately.
reminded me of this

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
********** headline: "Pobega: Milan ask for 40 million!"
Lol give that idiot a taste of his own medicine.

Also ********** has been putting Pobega on their front page almost every day for a month now.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I absolutely never wanted Bakayoko and said so plenty times - I never understood why they would go back to him given the dumpster fire he has been for multiple seasons but you know Pobega would only be playing in spurts here and its unlikely he would've instantly been a hit.
I think we made the best possible move for Pobega. Torino is perfect for him to develop, he gets a lot of playing time, Juric is a great coach and his 3-4-2-1 allow him a smooth transition from mezz'ala to double pivot, making him more ready to play Pioliball next season.

Baka on the other hand looks very bad, but he was available on a 2 years loan and i have still some hope. I mean, he has such great physical and technical tools, i think he will too eventually learn the system and play with more confidence, less tension and less brainfarts, following the footsteps of Tonali and Krunic.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Do we know who are those 10 not vaccinated players?
Or maybe it means from January 10th? I assume more than 10 players in Serie A are non-vaccinated.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
We need a new Commode and new name, for the New Year, as Scudetto winners.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
So Frank, Ismael amd Fode are all at AFCON already eh?
We're plenty short in the middle with 7 days to go before Roma.
We have Bakayoko... 🤡 Going to be an interesting month, to say the least.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Should just stick with the Krunic - Tonali midfield that we played in the first two league games vs Sampdoria and Cagliari.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
its_happening.gif
first signing

and here you can see someone was trolling diaz
Piemonte-13.jpg

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Imagine someone is losing their hearing but is in denial about it. He complains it is because other ppl are whispering or mumbling. His wife convinces him to get tested. when the doc says hearing aids are needed, he says they’re too expensive. The wife says get the best ones, consider it a gift from me

Some gifts cannot be received without admitting your need
When he goes to the doctor, the doctor asks 'what are the symptoms'?

He responds - "Homer is fat and Marge has blue hair"

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
When he goes to the doctor, the doctor asks 'what are the symptoms'?

He responds - "Homer is fat and Marge has blue hair"
Chinese man goes to the eye doctor...doc says he has cataracts. His responds, “no, I have a rincoln ”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule