• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Marotta’s strategies don’t align with the way the ownership(s) want to run the club and, quite frankly, are not ideal in my eyes either. His method of signing Serie a proven free agents on high wages is not what I want to see at Milan. However, if we’re being honest, it has been fruitful at Juventus and inter and has guaranteed his clubs domestic success. On the contrary, both of those clubs have been mediocre in Europe during his tenure.

Maldini deserves plaudits for the scudetto. No one can deny his contribution. When he does well, we will acknowledge his achievements. What we will not do is gloss over his shortcomings.

Overall, the club is on a positive path, and we haven’t been in a long time so Maldini is definitely “doing a good job”.

Now does that mean people should automatically just shut up about any criticism towards the timing of certain moves or allocation of funds?

If everyone can agree mistakes were made then I don’t think it’s outrageous for people to point them out.

Maldini made a massive error with Giampaolo. If we want to examine all the factors of why we can’t spent as much and aren’t further along in our team building process, well not getting CL that season contributes to that as well, no?

Yes he has gotten back on the right path since and Pioli was an excellent pick, but let’s not act like getting 6th that season didn’t set us back at all and people should just not mention the said mistakes bc “Maldini is doing a good job”
Naturally but no one is suggesting the errors should be brushed under the carpet and forgotten. I’ll wager one thing I would assume strongly Maldini himself has acknowledged his own errors, but has tried to amend them under very difficult circumstances and conditions.

I would safely assume Massara, Moncada, Pioli the players everyone and anyone who made errors has reflected on, examined and criticised them far harsher than anyone here has.

Just relax and see how the season plays out before you assess their job efficiency.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You are glossing over Marotta's!

Jesus Christ. Inter did the same transfer inflation bullshit as Juve, it seems that Marotta's saving grace was that he wasn't as fucking stupid as Juve's management and decided to inflate the values further on his books. And you're going to talk to me about how Marotta's strategy on the transfer market, with high wages did not impact Inter's financial situation?

Come on.

To be fair to Marotta, it seems Suning, when they had money to throw, wanted to spend a lot and quickly win stuff. Marotta sort of followed the line of the owners and did decently well doing that. At that time Suning wasn't too worried about paying for losses.

At the same time Marotta hasn't shown he can win at Inter while keeping the losses low as Maldini has at Milan. Now we will see what Marotta can do in the next 1-2 years if he is forced to keep Inter's losses at below 100 mil a year. If he can do that and still stay competitive then we can compare him to Maldini!

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is such reach bro. If you're taking over the New York Jets, your first year or two might be rocky. Maldini going from 6th to 2nd to 1st in three years is a hell of an achievement.

Maldini made a huge mistake with Giampaolo. That's true. He was taking over a Milan from Leonardo. Who bought Samu for 25m. He bought Paqueta for 35(40?)m. Piatek, 35m. Laxalt for what? 15m? Higuain? Like... come on bro.

I would actually accept the insane and most anal nitpicking over our players and coaches and directors... if the same shit was done to other players, coaches, and directors. But it doesn't.

That's what gets me. It's not good-faith different opinions, it's an idealized other and a "realistic" (let's use that) Milan.

And the debate isn't over whether Maldini is above criticism, it's about whether he should be fired or not.
Well I’m not making these comments excusing other players, coach, directors.

I laugh at that Butchie looking guy any chance I get :o

1674430247158.jpeg

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair to Marotta, it seems Suning, when they had money to throw, wanted to spend a lot and quickly win stuff. Marotta sort of followed the line of the owners and did decently well doing that. At that time Suning wasn't too worried about paying for losses.

At the same time Marotta hasn't shown he can win at Inter while keeping the losses low as Maldini has at Milan. Now we will see what Marotta can do in the next 1-2 years if he is forced to keep Inter's losses at below 100 mil a year. If he can do that and still stay competitive then we can compare him to Maldini!
Marotta literally does the same transfer inflation bullshit that Juve and Napoli does. He's just not as stupid as Juve's directors and writes down a different number. At least, we don't know that yet. It wouldn't surprise me that in a few years, after the statute of limitations emerge that Inter will be found to have been as guilty as Juventus, but won't get prosecuted for it. Just like Calciopoli!

As far as Marotta goes, good for him, it seems, so far, that he's smart enough to not be a criminal. Though, I'm sure during his time at ... Juventus, he did everything in the most honest and prudent way.

Marotta was the one who selected Conte right, who has a history of leaving clubs in deep shit? Marotta was the one who got Vidal instead of Tonali right? Who brought in Alexis Sanchez? And Acerbi? Lost Perisic for free? Is about to lose Skirinar?

Or was he not responsible for that?

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Stop freaking out. Zaniolo would shine here
hebetterbe.gif

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My point was marotta is not the cause of inter’s financial woes. His title is CEO of Sport. The financial health of that club hinges on Suning and Oaktree.

It’s not surprising that they can spend more than us given their higher revenue, higher capital gains and funds they earned from sales . They also refinanced their loan with oaktree to give themselves a little more time, even though their situation is still seemingly ominous.

Kudos to elliott for their handling of our club from 2018-2022. They deserve all of our affection for nursing us back to health. Hopefully, redbird’s ownership at Milan is just as, if not more, fruitful.

I'm never said Marotta is the cause of their financial problems. Besides their higher revenue they still have made higher losses than Milan.

Overall if he has much more to spend and wins the same amount of scudetti as Milan plus the Italian Cup and Super Cup how does that make him a better director? That's like saying PSG has bigger revenues and can spend more so Leonardo is a top director for reaching the CL final!

How do you compare two clubs SDs if one has higher revenues and higher spending but not winning much more? We don't even know how he is going to do when he has to decrease the losses. If he can still stay in top 4?

Last edited:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Marotta literally does the same transfer inflation bullshit that Juve and Napoli does. He's just not as stupid as Juve's directors and writes down a different number. At least, we don't know that yet. It wouldn't surprise me that in a few years, after the statute of limitations emerge that Inter will be found to have been as guilty as Juventus, but won't get prosecuted for it. Just like Calciopoli!

As far as Marotta goes, good for him, it seems, so far, that he's smart enough to not be a criminal. Though, I'm sure during his time at ... Juventus, he did everything in the most honest and prudent way.

Marotta was the one who selected Conte right, who has a history of leaving clubs in deep shit? Marotta was the one who got Vidal instead of Tonali right? Who brought in Alexis Sanchez? And Acerbi? Lost Perisic for free? Is about to lose Skirinar?

Or was he not responsible for that?

Conte wanted those dumb deals and Conte won them the Scudetto. Conte would have stayed at least another year if it weren't for Suning's problems.

Basically Marotta is a decent CEO / SD for a club that can spend a lot. We don't know how he will do under stricter conditions like Maldini had.. There are SDs like Leonardo who fuck up even with being able to spend a lot!

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
In fact fuck paying them for Chiesa Milan should do a straight trade of Messias and a nice chianti to sweeten the deal. 🤔 I mean you can’t be too mean in these situations …. Maybe throw in a pizza too and a nice gelato. There we go that should seal it.

Last edited:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conte wanted those dumb deals and Conte won them the Scudetto. Conte would have stayed at least another year if it weren't for Suning's problems.

Basically Marotta is a decent CEO / SD for a club that can spend a lot. We don't know how he will do under stricter conditions like Maldini had.. There are SDs like Leonardo who fuck up even with being able to spend a lot!
Conte was Marotta's choice. So all those things that Conte brings is on Marotta, no? Conte destroys teams after a short-term boost. He demands transfers of players that hobble the club after a short time, and he's literally one of the most toxic and overrated coaches in the world.

Spurs fans would rather blame themselves than Conte, as if Conte hasn't been given enough money.

Suning tried to be a broke Man City, with inflated sponsorship deals, like their training kit, and other shit. Marotta made inflated youth team sales, just like Juve. He knew what the fuck was going on.

The only SD in Italy who I think is as good as Maldini is Guintoli. But Guintoli has had some pretty big fuck ups since 2015 when he took over, and he's been able to spend big money, too, much more than Maldini has ever dreamed of. Oh, and he also did transfer inflation bullshit like Marotta.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Marotta’s strategies don’t align with the way the ownership(s) want to run the club and, quite frankly, are not ideal in my eyes either. His method of signing Serie a proven free agents on high wages is not what I want to see at Milan. However, if we’re being honest, it has been fruitful at Juventus and inter and has guaranteed his clubs domestic success. On the contrary, both of those clubs have been mediocre in Europe during his tenure.

Maldini deserves plaudits for the scudetto. No one can deny his contribution. When he does well, we will acknowledge his achievements. What we will not do is gloss over his shortcomings.
The guy you are arguing against is pathologically dishonest. He’ll try to confuse you with continually changing the parameters of the argument until you find yourself arguing something you never said (“who is doing a better job than Maldini?”).

You can continue to engage if you want just don’t expect any good faith arguments or concession of any facts you present

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conte was Marotta's choice. So all those things that Conte brings is on Marotta, no? Conte destroys teams after a short-term boost. He demands transfers of players that hobble the club after a short time, and he's literally one of the most toxic and overrated coaches in the world.

Spurs fans would rather blame themselves than Conte, as if Conte hasn't been given enough money.

Suning tried to be a broke Man City, with inflated sponsorship deals, like their training kit, and other shit. Marotta made inflated youth team sales, just like Juve. He knew what the fuck was going on.

The only SD in Italy who I think is as good as Maldini is Guintoli. But Guintoli has had some pretty big fuck ups since 2015 when he took over, and he's been able to spend big money, too, much more than Maldini has ever dreamed of. Oh, and he also did transfer inflation bullshit like Marotta.

Conte was pretty good in bringing Juve back after calciopoli. Even current Simone Inzaghi Inter team is just a continuation of Conte Inter. So overall it was ok for them. Even in transfers, Lukaku and Hakimi that Conte wanted were able to be sold at big profits and which helped Inter out last year.

Transfer inflation is not a bad strategy if the owners are willing to spend more money. Obviously how Juve did it by inflating again in their books the already inflated transfers is messed up. But regular transfer inflation stuff can help you out. Milan hasn't needed to do it recently because the owners were always cutting spending.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conte was pretty good in bringing Juve back after calciopoli. Even current Simone Inzaghi Inter team is just a continuation of Conte Inter. So overall it was ok for them. Even in transfers, Lukaku and Hakimi that Conte wanted were able to be sold at big profits and which helped Inter out last year.

Transfer inflation is not a bad strategy if the owners are willing to spend more money. Obviously how Juve did it by inflating again in their books the already inflated transfers is messed up. But regular transfer inflation stuff can help you put. Milan hasn't needed to do it recently because the owners were always cutting spending.
Conte is a good coach for a year. But the damage he does to your club takes a while to unwind from. Look at how he left Chelsea, and look at Inter now.

Inzaghi was the smart choice after Conte, I'll give Marotta that. But again, aren't we back to this place where: Marotta is putting in a smart solution for a mistake of bringing in Conte, who left Inter in that spot to begin with? With players that Marotta has to pull all the strings to get rid of? Bringing tremendous losses onto the team and that those losses are heavily dependent on transfer inflation?

Transfer inflation is not smart though, if players were not human beings, and they were assets (like they are treated on the books for accounting purposes)... transfer inflation would be illegal. The reason why (from what I understand) the courts in Italy did not bring the hammer down on transfer inflation was because they could not compare players in a legally consistent way. It wasn't like apartments, or shoes, or any other good or business expense.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter biggest problem is that they don't have a strategy that really futures an organic long term prospective, they are basically filling holes and wait for someone to lift them out of their misery. They are a really old squad and if they continue to live from their substance they will slowly get worse. We in contrast would even get better without doing anything spectacular on the market just by 22yo guys like Tonali and Kalulu getting 2-3 years of experience and even the players around 25 have still room to grow.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Zaniolo roumor rises again??
Lets fucking gooooooo

Ludwig

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Just use CDK were you want to field Zaniolo and save the money, not much difference, CDK is probably even a bit more versatile.
Pioli will pay the price for not playing CDK as right winger.

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: brk

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
Maldini is doing good and stay as long as he wants but he is no galliani

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
If Leao played for any other team, you would both be proverbially sucking him off like every other non-Milan player who does well.
Bitch who you talking about?? Surely not me who was one of the first to compare him to mbappe

Leave this insecurity bs somewhere else.
The good Ac milan players are rightfully praised.. even though there are few of them

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
oh i'm actually his biggest fan when i consider the alternatives. at this point give me berardi for 30mil over this glorified italian saelemaekers.
Ohh you are so unserious
Zaniolo gonna revive Kaka’s 22 jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule