The Rumour Commode XXXIX: A Cardinal Sin

Do you think Leao will renew?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mind you the team spirit and teamwork you talking about is currently nonexistent on this team
So your solution is to add a player who has consistently demonstrated that he's a shithead to make that worse while he can't out produce... Messias?

You talk about him like he has Berardi stats.

If he had Messias stats Roma would ask for 100m.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
But why would we want someone who causes headaches and is a distraction?

Mourinho seems to have, out of nowhere, shit on Karsdorp (judging by how Karsdorp reacted to being called out publicly) so unless Zaniolo's protests are related to Mourinho acting similarly (which I don't see evidence of) then why would we want a kid who is removing himself from selection to force a transfer?

Team spirit is one of the major ingredients to this team's success. This isn't a group of professionals who do their job, win, and go their separate ways. They are all about teamwork and working together, and Zaniolo seems like the antithesis to this entire vibe.

We should be spending more money, but Christ if means avoiding players like Zaniolo and Faivre, then I'm as happy as can be.
I think that Zaniolo’s fractured relationship with Roma is due to him trying to force an exit and personal problems with Mourinho (he wouldn’t be the first). Prior to this, he wasn’t known as a troublemaker otherwise Roma wouldn’t have extended his contract after suffering back to back serious injuries.

However, team spirit aside, this squad is severely lacking in individual QUALITY (especially @ AM/RW) which Zaniolo offers in abundance. Therefore, a cut-price deal in summer is too good an opportunity to miss for somebody with his potential.

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
I just wanna remind everybody that tomori holds the UK nationality
We paid 37
So EPL will pay us 50 mil for him

Currently tomori is benched by kjaer who cost us like 3 mill...

Just saying

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
What justify Tata between the post?
I don't want him starting either, but you just cannot give Vazquez the chance given the situation we're in. One mistake and his confidence is shot to pieces. Coppa Italia game vs Torino was the perfect opportunity, but it came too early.

voom

Banned
Reaction score
We got a combined €72m for Cutrone, Piatek and Suso.
Actually Cutrone was good sell, clean profit of 18 milions , and Piatek was bought for 35 sold for 27 to Hertha, Suso was also good sell ,got rid of that turtle that a lot of people here thought it was class .
Paqueta was burn because we could profit on him in the end we sold him for 20 and profit from future sale which happened last year when we got 12 millions from West Ham.

Only clear profit was Cutrone our primavera player.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
20230118-081136.jpg

I used to look at net spendings too but @omer486 made a good point that emphasizing and comparing the increase or decrease of overall payroll (ammortisation + net wages + taxes) would probably be more telling.

Yes, we spent most of all Serie A without selling players. But we let many players with huge overall costs to the overall payroll walk away too. I think this season we might have even a lower overall payroll compared to last season despite a net spending of >40M (highest in Serie A this season), which relativates the net spending in return.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
100%…I don’t blame RedBird for not giving Maldini a penny this winter after he catastrophically fucked up the summer budget by wasting 50m on CDK, Thiaw, Adli and Vrancx who’ve made ZERO impact, failed to sell a single player including Kessie + Romagnoli, redeemed fodder Messias and handed out lucrative long term contracts to injury prone players like Origi + Florenzi.

In fact, if I was in Gerry’s shoes I’d do exactly the same thing and hold Paolo accountable and FORCE him to sell players before he can buy :g::gt:
For once I agree with you. We missed on multiple hot prospects because we focused on overpaying average players like Baka, Florenzi and Origi. CDK for 35 m is also a bad deal. No player from Belgium should cost over 25 m. And we see the proof. They want 35? Tell them to fuck off and find another player.
Paolo spent months working on Botman, missed on him and then decided that the CB is no longer priority :lol:
Then chased Renato who was obviously not interested in coming and then ended up with a kid that is not even playing for Wolfsburg :lol:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait...folks actually buying Redbird's bs about sustainability lol?

Its the perfect ruse Cardinale needs to not spend. This cunt saw an opportunity to make a quick buck and took it.

I mean, our spending has progressively gone worse each season despite the fact yhat our revenues have supposedly increased.

Dude's a snakeoil salesman and thats it. Wont surprise me if he and Elliott are in bed together with some dodgy shit that they are planning.

I need this business model explained. How exactly is Cardinale supposed to make a turnover if we fall out of CL and don't continue to improve our sporting results?

Where's the angle?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Now do you believe me that he’s as good as ours this summer?
It's not about believing you, it's about ignoring you so we can forget about Zaniolo in hopes that Maldini and co. do too and any links magically evaporate.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think that Zaniolo’s fractured relationship with Roma is due to him trying to force an exit and personal problems with Mourinho (he wouldn’t be the first). Prior to this, he wasn’t known as a troublemaker otherwise Roma wouldn’t have extended his contract after suffering back to back serious injuries.

However, team spirit aside, this squad is severely lacking in individual QUALITY (especially @ AM/RW) which Zaniolo offers in abundance. Therefore, a cut price deal in summer is too good an opportunity to miss for somebody with his potential.
Zaniolo got into fights with his Italy teammates, didn't he? He creates problems on every level, brings drama and unnecessary distractions, without the production.

I just don't see the quality. I see the potential, but I see stunted growth, a 23 year old who suffered two ACL tears, who hasn't used that time to evolve his game. If anything, he has regressed and used his increase in strength from rehab to be an even more one dimensional force.

He's fast, strong, and works hard. I'll give him that. But he hasn't worked on his game, and he has created headaches for Roma and Italy.

If we are cursed with him coming here, I will hope with all my heart to be wrong and for him to become a star, I just don't want to make that bet.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem with Dollar was always his agent. I don't remember any official 80 million bids for Dollar when Chelsea bought Kepa. There may have been I just don't remember!

With regards to Leao if we had gotten a bid anywhere near his release clause I would have sold already. I'm not convinced he has the mentality to reach the very top. If he did I think he would have been gone already. I certainly would sell in the summer if he hasn't renewed.
At some point you gotta back off the release clause if he’s obviously not worth much.

We can’t afford to let another one walk away while rejecting offers and trying to convince him of our ambition

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
It's not about believing you, it's about ignoring you so we can forget about Zaniolo in hopes that Maldini and co. do too and any links magically evaporate.
Lol it’s 99% a done deal so cry harder :cry:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
But why would we want someone who causes headaches and is a distraction?

Mourinho seems to have, out of nowhere, shit on Karsdorp (judging by how Karsdorp reacted to being called out publicly) so unless Zaniolo's protests are related to Mourinho acting similarly (which I don't see evidence of) then why would we want a kid who is removing himself from selection to force a transfer?

Team spirit is one of the major ingredients to this team's success. This isn't a group of professionals who do their job, win, and go their separate ways. They are all about teamwork and working together, and Zaniolo seems like the antithesis to this entire vibe.

We should be spending more money, but Christ if means avoiding players like Zaniolo and Faivre, then I'm as happy as can be.
we don't know what really went on behind the scenes. when was the last time a player at milan behaved like zaniolo is currently doing at roma? and we've had some questionable characters in the past but i can't remember right off the bat. i guess they think he can't afford to do that shit here. after all, this is a bigger club with a massive history, a quite different environment and a football legend like maldini in charge. i don't think he would cause any problems. theo was just as much of a troublemaker. i can recall stories of how he skipped u21 training and instead went out partying.:proud:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Doesn't look like we're signing anyone, so I don't think I'm missing much. It's good to be on holiday during mercato, no stress.

I would love to stay in Lapland for the whole winter, can't get enough of this beautiful winter wonderland. So much to do outdoors, xc-skiing, fatbiking, snowshoeing,etc. This is my 5th holiday in Lapland (4 in winter, 1 in summer).
If anyone likes snow and cold winter, here's some nice views.
20230128_182046.jpg20230128_182126.jpg20230128_182149.jpg

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We got a combined €72m for Cutrone, Piatek and Suso.
Truly impressive.

At least the Suso sale good-will will be undone if we purchase Zaniolo though
So your solution is to add a player who has consistently demonstrated that he's a shithead to make that worse while he can't out produce... Messias?

You talk about him like he has Berardi stats.

If he had Messias stats Roma would ask for 100m.
1674923468663.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't look like we're signing anyone, so I don't think I'm missing much. It's good to be on holiday during mercato, no stress.

I would love to stay in Lapland for the whole winter, can't get enough of this beautiful winter wonderland. So much to do outdoors, xc-skiing, fatbiking, snowshoeing,etc. This is my 5th holiday in Lapland (4 in winter, 1 in summer).
View attachment 14637View attachment 14638View attachment 14639
That looks amazing! At least someone here is dealing with Milan stress in a healthy way, lol.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 14637View attachment 14638
Would love to layer up and just trek through this land for miles. It’s breathtaking.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Zaniolo got into fights with his Italy teammates, didn't he? He creates problems on every level, brings drama and unnecessary distractions, without the production.

I just don't see the quality. I see the potential, but I see stunted growth, a 23 year old who suffered two ACL tears, who hasn't used that time to evolve his game. If anything, he has regressed and used his increase in strength from rehab to be an even more one dimensional force.

He's fast, strong, and works hard. I'll give him that. But he hasn't worked on his game, and he has created headaches for Roma and Italy.

If we are cursed with him coming here, I will hope with all my heart to be wrong and for him to become a star, I just don't want to make that bet.
Given that we probably only have 50m to spend this summer (excluding sales) and there are several holes to fill in the team (CB/CM/RW), signing Zaniolo for 20m is the best we can hope for. Obviously I’d like to buy somebody better like Diaby but that’s unrealistic given the factors listed above.

Besides, Zaniolo is a MONUMENTAL upgrade on Messias + Salad combined @ RW and CDK in the hole. Also, he has several seasons of Serie A football under his belt so wouldn’t need time to adapt like Diaz, CDK, Adli, Vrancx etc. That’s precisely the same reason why I want Paolo to pickup Jorginho for free who is also a quality, Serie A proven player available for nothing which frees up funds for other positions.

actrader10

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
One of the biggest issues with an unchanged lineup and saying we need to work harder is that Pioli is basically saying the issue is with the players not the tactics. He is saying the tactics are fine but the players are not following what they should.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Let me just remind everyone, when everything was quiet on Zaniolo front at the beginning of the window, this was the prophet who had a feeling he’s coming.

1674923660921.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we don't know what really went on behind the scenes. when was the last time a player at milan behaved like zaniolo is currently doing at roma? and we've had some questionable characters in the past but i can't remember right off the bat. i guess they think he can't afford to do that shit here. after all, this is a bigger club with a massive history, a quite different environment and a football legend like maldini in charge. i don't think he would cause any problems. theo was just as much of a troublemaker. i can recall stories of how he skipped u21 training and instead went out partying.:proud:
If Zaniolo comes here, I would love for him to prove me wrong, and turn into our RW Theo.

I hated Faivre for doing unprofessional shit and was happy we stopped negotiating with Brest out of respect, that was a classy move on Maldini's part.

And of course there is... Chiesa. (Don't tell me, I know, I know.)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Zaniolo comes here, I would love for him to prove me wrong, and turn into our RW Theo.

I hated Faivre for doing unprofessional shit and was happy we stopped negotiating with Brest out of respect, that was a classy move on Maldini's part.

And of course there is... Chiesa. (Don't tell me, I know, I know.)
Too late for that bro, this is Paolo with Roma

1674924257356.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule