• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
by last winter's logic (competing for scudetto = no need for reinforcements), i expect signings now as we're fighting for top 4❗❗

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At what point do we stop excusing it with “oh he’s just going through bad form” and instead acknowledge maybe hes an average player who just had a string of good form :monto:

I’m sorry but the way people shat on Stevan for saying de Ligt is better than Tomori, I demand a lot more from Tomori to live up to that, and let me see us sell Tomori for even what we paid for him, when de Ligt went for above what Juve paid even though he “flopped”

The involution of Tomori this season is scary and under all our eyes. But he was undeniably and easily one of the best CBs when he first arrived and for the subsequent 1,5 seasons he bossed the shit out of almost every attack in Serie A. I don't know how De Ligt is doing right now at Bayern, but at Juve he never quite lived up to his pricetag and expectations.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
The team is playing like shit at the moment. They can and will have to regain their form. Everyone is accountable for Milan’s current form. Pioli and the players.

Get their heads back in the game and Milan can turn things around. Forza Milan ⭐⭐

yungeddy

Banned
Reaction score
yesterday again many bad shots taken cause team has no clue waht do (badly coached) and frustrated from facing many closed defences

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The involution of Tomori this season is scary and under all our eyes. But he was undeniably and easily one of the best CBs when he first arrived and for the subsequent 1,5 seasons he bossed the shit out of almost every attack in Serie A. I don't know how De Ligt is doing right now at Bayern, but at Juve he never quite lived up to his pricetag and expectations.
Tomori is a good player and I like that he is a member of our squad. But some people made it seem as if he was the full package when clearly he is still under development. He has many good physical and personal traits but he needs to learn to be more about Italian football and the trickery that comes with it. Sometimes he is overconfident and a little bit reckless. On Lautaros goal he fell for his trickery and allowed the ball to bounce. He also did this with Mount vs. Chelsea and on several other occasions. Basically he relies too much on his speed to recover, rather than to develop his reading of the game and to be preventative earlier. It comes with maturity.

The real problem is that the management did not sign another CB knowing that Kjaer was to return as half the player that he was before. As in every profession, you develop much quicker when you have a good mentor around you. It's such a shame that they allowed the evolution of so many of your young talents to suddenly come to a halt. I hope that they can learn from this in some way.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Get us a good striker and this nightmare will be over

Thinking we could rely on Giroud as our first striker was the biggest mistake of the summer
Thinking Rebic was anything other than a piece of shit was the second biggest mistake
Extending Ibra was the third biggest mistake

We really fucked up on the striker department.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I made this post regarding Tomori early September, most of it is true I believe.

I said this ~ one year ago because he had a really good start to the season and went on to be one of the best players of the season for us. The start of this season haven't looked as good all the time but that doesn't necessarily need to mean he's regressed or become more mistake prone.

His role has become more advanced as Pioli has made our defense more aggressive. It could be because of the CB's at his disposal can handle that type of defending or because we don't have Kessie in midfield anymore or a combination of the two. But what is clear to me is that our defensive shape and approach has changed from last season when we where stacking clean sheets.

Our CB's are really really aggressive and will hunt the striker (or attacking mid) all over the pitch. That's a clear instruction from the coach - they did it already last season but even more this season. I haven't seen that from other teams, could anyone give examples of other teams that play like this?

A CB that was expert at this type of defending was Nesta. Very aggressive, stepped out of the CB comfort zone all the time and rarely made any mistakes. It's up to Tomori and Kalulu to adapt to this now and make it an art just like Nesta did. Until then, we will probably see them in situations where it looks like they've made a mistake, when in reality it's because they are asked a tough task not many CB's can handle and will be "victims" of the team approach. If they do manage to come close to Nesta in this type of defending, we are golden, and if not the coach will probably change approach and play his CB's more like last season.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Money = capability to strengthen squad = consistent high end performances

It was always obvious that we don't have a big enough squad to compete on multiple fronts across a long enough time period.
The fact that we were able to win scudetto last year was honestly partially due to there not being any other dominant favorite, excellent run of form late in the season (a lot of individual quality was involved as well) and also a little luck. Injuries and bad form of key players are always going to happen and we did not strengthen the squad enough to be able to handle those blows. For whatever reason we decided or weren't capable to build on the momentum and it's falling flat atm because our squad is just too thin.

I hope management will be able to invest more or we will cling to that scudetto like Ajax clings to that one CL run in 2018.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade that one trophy Pioli won with all six that Inzaghi won tho. You?
Honestly, I would prefer to be celebrating 6 times. The Scudetto is the biggest domestic trophy, but the trophies we won in the last 15 years can be counted on the fingers of my right hand which is embarrassing to say the least. I prefer 'small' trophies every year instead of 1 Scudetto every 10 years.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The form all season long has. Have you been watching?
Every win has been a battle to the last second. Juve and Bologna were the only straight forward wins where we weren't left huffing and puffing at the final whistle.
You are seriously saying this to me? :lol: I guess you haven't paid much attention here in the past 6 months.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo
Get us a good striker and this nightmare will be over

Thinking we could rely on Giroud as our first striker was the biggest mistake of the summer
Thinking Rebic was anything other than a piece of shit was the second biggest mistake
Extending Ibra was the third biggest mistake

We really fucked up on the striker department.
You forgot the biggest mistake in Striker department

origi-moonwalk.gif

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Am I the only person who still believes we will still win the league?

I will believe until it's mathematically impossible!

People can support Milan however they want, but it would be way less fun for me personally to watch the rest of the season if I'd already given up any scudetto hopes. A couple of bad games from Napoli, a bounce back from us, and suddenly it doesn't look ridiculous at all. What's the harm in hoping for the best?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
At what point do we stop excusing it with “oh he’s just going through bad form” and instead acknowledge maybe hes an average player who just had a string of good form :monto:

I’m sorry but the way people shat on Stevan for saying de Ligt is better than Tomori, I demand a lot more from Tomori to live up to that, and let me see us sell Tomori for even what we paid for him, when de Ligt went for above what Juve paid even though he “flopped”
We cant.....becuase that would mean admitting that 1. Malini and Massara got it wrong 2. we need to get better at selling and 3. Bayern, a model that we should emulate buy high priced overrated players looking for immediate impact

Thats a trifecta of DaPlan damning evidence :D

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

I wish English clubs would come with crazy money for him.. if he were at Juve they would have already sold him to PL for 65-75 mil .. it’s just our own fucking luck

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, time for a break. Sorry everybody.
Happens to the best of us. It's difficult when you typically approach such issues and defeat means people antagonize you.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, I would prefer to be celebrating 6 times. The Scudetto is the biggest domestic trophy, but the trophies we won in the last 15 years can be counted on the fingers of my right hand which is embarrassing to say the least. I prefer 'small' trophies every year instead of 1 Scudetto every 10 years.

Sure, but Pioli won 1 Scudetto in 2,5 years, not 10, if you want to keep that comparison fair :) Pioli had literally nothing to do with our banter era ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule